What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (3 Viewers)

Ahahahha.

Started the day #12, ended #543.

Just as I had hoped - welcome to week 12 ~500 Chief and Ram owners!  :yes:

Any clue why the “unofficial calcomatic” score changed for the LAR Def (from 35 to 25)

I am not sure if there was an error early that was adjusted after the game ended.... but it puts be behind the Turk! :scared:

Any clue why the “unofficial calcomatic” score changed for the LAR Def (from 35 to 25)

I am not sure if there was an error early that was adjusted after the game ended.... but it puts be behind the Turk! :scared:
hate to tell ya but I think the real number is 25 :(

3 sacks, 5 turnovers and 2 touchdowns.

-QG

WHAT HAPPENED?

LAR Def score dropped to 25!

I am now 0.4 below cut line 
Weird, I wonder how that happened.  I too saw them with 33 right after the game.

But, 

3 int = 6 points
2 fum recov = 4 points
3 sack = 3 points
2 TD = 12 points

So that's 25.

How was it ever 33?

Squeaked by the cut, with 103.2 of my 184.3 overall tally from Mahomes/TyHill in the MNF onslaught.

On to trying to finish in the Top 50% of remaining Teams, sans the dynamic duo, in Week 12.

The odds were piss-poor tonight, down 112.85/134.60 with Mahomes -26.4, TyHill -2.1 and Butker -13.9 getting me over the hump, but here I am.

Decimated by injuries, and my Chiefs on bye, here's the cards I'm playing in the upcoming hand:

Rivers/Dalton (Mahomes bye)

Kamara/McCaffrey (DFreeman and Burkhead injured)

Lockett/Tyrell/James Washington (Tyreek bye, Fuller/Allison injured)

Hooper/Gesicki/Goedert (Jimmy injured)

Lambo/Fairbairn (Butker bye)

Steelers/Bengals

Those are some long, long odds. See ya'll Thursday.

at 125.4 .   Cut is now 134.6

Have Mahomes -0, and Butker -5.2.

I'm safe, right?   Assuming Mahomes gets 25 and Butker 8.
That was crazy. 59.7 out of Mahomes and 9.0 for Butker.

Finished at 188.9,  11.05 above the cut.    

Only have those two guys off next week.  Thank you P.Barber!!!

Made it.  Virgin territory for me.

ETA:  I have 3 QBs:  Mahomes, Goff and Winston.   :lol:   I just have to hope that Jameis keeps the starting gig this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear so many regular posters in this thread getting bounced this week.  This thread, and the regular posters, makes the contest so much more fun.

For me, survived with 202.55 (534th) with only Kelce (Ertz/Burton covering) on bye week 12.   

Good luck to those remaining!!!

BJB

166 and out. I was feeling good about Week 12 because I only had Tyreek Hill on bye. Left me too short this week. That, and Trey Burton and Dallas Goedert giving me nothing at TE.

Been playing this contest for years, have made the playoff's twice, finishing in the low level money range.  I don't remember a game like tonight's with two high power teams playing each other on Monday Night so late in the season who both have a bye  the following week.  I intentionally front load my bye weeks so I don't have Rams or KC players (well technically, I do have KC def on my team).  So like other have mentioned, I am rooting hard for a high scoring game so that most of the teams that count on Mahomes/Goff/Gurley/Kelce move on to make next week.  That should make next weeks  cut so much easier to achieve and advance.  This could also really mix up/spread out the players that are in the teams that make the playoff rounds and make them very interesting (provided my team can stay alive until then).   Good Luck to all that are still in the contest.  I don't post often, but really enjoy the strategy and the cut line tracking posts by everyone.
Wow,  Some times have to be careful what you wish for.  Keep watching my ranking go down, down, down all night long.  I was ranked #999 when the Chiefs got the ball back at the last minute.  That final interception saved me and ended up at #974 and moving on.  This contest made last night game even more intense!  Good luck to all that are moving on! 

Sorry to see so many of the regular posters get cut this week!

Is anyone planning to look into how many of the remaining teams have LAR and KC players?  Last night's line movement sure seems to show a ton of teams are relying on players from those teams - if that's true it will be interesting to see how the cutline is affected this week.  

Weird, I wonder how that happened.  I too saw them with 33 right after the game.

But, 

3 int = 6 points
2 fum recov = 4 points
3 sack = 3 points
2 TD = 12 points

So that's 25.

How was it ever 33?
Going to guess the Mahomes fumble returned for TD then overturned as Mahomes arm going forward.

Fumble recovery = 2

TD = 6 

Total 8 points taken away 33-8 = 25

Going to guess the Mahomes fumble returned for TD then overturned as Mahomes arm going forward.

Fumble recovery = 2

TD = 6 

Total 8 points taken away 33-8 = 25
Agree but that was much earlier in the game.  I guess the app wasn't setup to be able to handle reversed TDs?  I'm not sure how it works, if it is manual or scraping data from some football data provider or what

694 out of remaining 1000 have Mahomes on their rosters. Goes down to 500. Gonna be an interesting week.

Mahomes has been a blessing but thankfully I have Rivers for this week. And maybe a big week from Jameis?! Ok prob not. 

Agree but that was much earlier in the game.  I guess the app wasn't setup to be able to handle reversed TDs?  I'm not sure how it works, if it is manual or scraping data from some football data provider or what
The app calculates the scores based on the data it pulls I  real time, so the data provider must not have been updated that stat quickly.  Garbage in garbage out :)

694 out of remaining 1000 have Mahomes on their rosters. Goes down to 500. Gonna be an interesting week.
Good info.  

Just wish I had done a 3rd QB to go with Mahomes and Jimmy G. Gonna be a tough haul with no QB this week. 

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. 

Went to my brother's house last night for some drinks.  Had a cushion of 33.30 points going into the game, never even turned on his TV.  Got completely drunk and had a great time.  I wake up and open up calcomatic, and to my surprise, my entry is RED.  The cut line moved 43.25 points in one game.  I just started laughing my ### off.

Having Mahomes gave me a win in my league this week, and not having Mahomes got me booted from this contest.  I blame myself for not rostering him.

Stayin alive, stayin alive...

Winston coming back potentially saves me from a week 12 exit with Goff on a bye. Hoping he can play 4 quarters. 

It'll be interesting to see how good those teams without Mahomes and Hill do this week. Could work in my favor with all of my big byes done except for Goff. Feeling good about making it to the "end" 

Started the day in 14th place.  Ended it at 573rd More than half the survivors cracked 200.  This is like if the FBG contest was for the Big 12
Yeah, I was in 17th place, finished 171st... I had Mahomes -30.8.

Thankfully he's my only player on bye next week, and A LOT of team left look dependent on the Rams/Chiefs given how much that line moved yesterday.

Sorry to hear so many regular posters in this thread getting bounced this week.  This thread, and the regular posters, makes the contest so much more fun.

For me, survived with 202.55 (534th) with only Kelce (Ertz/Burton covering) on bye week 12.   

Good luck to those remaining!!!

BJB
Surviving to this point took planning and skill.  For the past few weeks, plenty of really good team have been getting cut.  Nothing to be ashamed of, the contrary actually.

Placed around 50th and only have Mahomes and Gurley on bye this week.  Need Winston or Bortles to cover for Mahomes, and then I need Barkley, Connor, Breida and R Freeman to cover for Gurley and an injured K Johnson.

I won't mind a lot of those guys exiting the contest this week.

Would be kinda wonky to have 250 out of 250 teams with Mahomes in the finals (but still possible at the moment).
Even wonkier--there are still 514 teams alive with both Mahomes and Conner. It's possible that all the teams alive at this time next week could have them both.

Even wonkier--there are still 514 teams alive with both Mahomes and Conner. It's possible that all the teams alive at this time next week could have them both.
Possible in the sense that it's possible that I could win the next 10 lotteries even with purchasing only 1 ticket in each.  But not possible as in reasonably going to happen.  Having Mahomes on bye is going to knock out a significant number of those teams.

Went to my brother's house last night for some drinks.  Had a cushion of 33.30 points going into the game, never even turned on his TV.  Got completely drunk and had a great time.  I wake up and open up calcomatic, and to my surprise, my entry is RED.  The cut line moved 43.25 points in one game.  I just started laughing my ### off.

Having Mahomes gave me a win in my league this week, and not having Mahomes got me booted from this contest.  I blame myself for not rostering him.
Really it was just karma getting you for wanting 105400 to survive the cut just to lose next week ;)  

Really it was just karma getting you for wanting 105400 to survive the cut just to lose next week ;)  

I RUINED IT!!  I broke the unwritten rule!  Karma will find me a drop a large stool on me! ?

My wife saw me looking at my team and asked me about it...  I guess I made too much of an issue saying it was just some FF contest...  no biggie..  but she wanted to know more...  I was too hesitant and she pounced!   I feel this is a guarantee doom for my Week 10 chances!      :toilet:
Well, Karma does have a tendency to dump on you when you least expect it!  Mine took an extra week to catch me! 

I was feeling good thinking I was advancing onto Week 12 with so few KC/LAR on my roster and was bragging about it.... until I saw the LAR Def score adjustment dropping me 0.5 below the Cut Line.... 

I'm out. I took a risk by not selecting any Chiefs or Rams players hoping to make it to week 12 but it didn't work out. The irony is so many of those teams are going to get eliminated next week. 

Thought I'd be safe going in above the cutoff with Gurley still to play on MNF, turns out I did actually need Mahomes to improve on Brees' score

Hopefully can survive no Gurley/Mahomes/Cooks this week

I'm out. I took a risk by not selecting any Chiefs or Rams players hoping to make it to week 12 but it didn't work out. The irony is so many of those teams are going to get eliminated next week. 
That's one reason I did not pick Mahomes and Hill. At one point I thought Goff was a safer floor than Mahomes, so I went with him, but I went with Thelien instead of Hill. Liking my WR choice, not really liking my QB choice as I think I'd be sitting better long term with Mahomes. But Goff isn't a bad consoluation prize. 

Considering Mahomes was not terribly expensive, I don't think many people will be out this week based on him alone. I imagine thye have other pretty solid QBs. However, those who chose Hunt and/or Hill may be struggling a little bit. Kelce too- he was super expensive. 

My team finally imploded and I'm out in week #11. Tried to go with 9 receivers with none over $13. It worked so far up to this point until my WR's and TE's both got me very little points.... Good Luck to everyone left!!! On to the playoff contest!!!!

Been a fun ride.  Officially out this week even with Goff and a 10 point lead going into Monday.  Good luck to you guys!!!

I have Goff, Mahomes & Jimmy G. No QB in week 12.

I have 2 TE's - Graham & Clay - both out?

Brandon Cooks on a bye

I need Zeke, Saquon & Conner to kill it this week with Landry, Goodwin, John Brown, Golladay & can I get anything out Brandon Marshall now that he's in N.O.??

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/104836.php

Week 12.....just effing brutal but I'm damn proud I got this far. Top 1,000. Don't win anything but it's a helluva accomplishment.

Ain't over yet....so you're saying there's a chance

Users who are viewing this thread