What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

First time to finals. Looking forward to the 3 week madness. I do like that there are no decisions to make, just sit back and hope your guys score well. 

Glad to see that there are several guys in here that are part of the 250.  Hoping one of the regulars wins it.

Oh man, 0 from the TE position is brutal (especially since you went for upside and handcuff with the Cincy stack) to miss by a point.

Great job on Mahomes, Kamara, Barkley, White, Breida, Conner, Hill, JuJu, Boyd.  Well done.
That's the agony of this contest--a team that scores over 230 points 5 times could be a contender for the $20,000, but all it takes is one bad week from one position and you're gone.

I believe this is my fourth time in the finals. Though I have never done all that great overall.  Seems I always end up with another years subscription.  But I have been good enough to generally make it to the 10th week or so in my bad seasons.   Here's my team

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/103588.php

My team started off very common at the start of the year but now it is pretty unique at the finals.  The great has been Mahommes, McCaffery, Conner,  Hill.  The additional players that have had impact include Rivers, Fournette, A Jones, C Davis and Godwin.  Plus my Kickers and defs have been really solid all year.   The bad for my team has been Flacco, Gronkowski and the TE's, Goodwin, Cole, Brown all seem to have been fairly wasted money. Hopefully a few of them can kick it up a couple of notches and help my team have a more reasonable finish this time.   My team is the only one who still has Fournette left.  With Conner down I hope that Fournette and A Jones can help keep me upright.  Need a couple of my Wr's to get some big points and of course it would be nice if Gronk actually earned some of his money for the year. 

I not a big poster but I have been around about 10 or so years.  This is one of my favorite things about the site.  Good luck to all the teams

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this is my fourth time in the finals. Though I have never done all that great overall.  Seems I always end up with another years subscription.  But I have been good enough to generally make it to the 10th week or so in my bad seasons.   Here's my team

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/103588.php

My team started off very common at the start of the year but now it is pretty unique at the finals.  The great has been Mahommes, McCaffery, Conner,  Hill.  The additional players that have had impact include Rivers, Fournette, A Jones, C Davis and Godwin.  Plus my Kickers and defs have been really solid all year.   The bad for my team has been Flacco, Gronkowski and the TE's, Goodwin, Cole, Brown all seem to have been fairly wasted money. Hopefully a few of them can kick it up a couple of notches and help my team have a more reasonable finish this time.   My team is the only one who still has Fournette left.  With Conner down I hope that Fournette and A Jones can help keep me upright.  Need a couple of my Wr's to get some big points and of course it would be nice if Gronk actually earned some of his money for the year. 

I not a big poster but I have been around about 10 or so years.  This is one of my favorite things about the site.  Good luck to all the teams
There are 22 teams left with Fournette.

My bad,   I did the quierer  and I did it with the Mahommes, McCaffery, Fournette, Conner, Hill  and it came back as only 1 team left.  Then I did various groupings with my other players and Fournette and it came back as only 1 team left.   I must have assumed it was Fournette who was the unowned player who made the team unique.   Or I am totally using the quierer wrong. 

Have been a FBG since '06, but this is my first time making it to the finals. Not that I'm going anywhere; Here are my RBs:

Elliott
Conner
A. Collins
Brieda
J. Hill

(Shudders)

So that's Zeke, and: Out, IR, Out, and IR. Which means I'm taking a zero this week at RB, a sure way to lose. But hey, at least I've got a lot of useless WRs, too!

Maybe next year...

My bad,   I did the quierer  and I did it with the Mahommes, McCaffery, Fournette, Conner, Hill  and it came back as only 1 team left.  Then I did various groupings with my other players and Fournette and it came back as only 1 team left.   I must have assumed it was Fournette who was the unowned player who made the team unique.   Or I am totally using the quierer wrong. 
Yeah, you can't assume any one player is unique based on multiple groupings. Those only show that specific groupings are unique. For example, 26 teams have Zeke and 24 teams have Jared Cook. But, only 1 team has both.

My first time also after all these years.

Only team with Mahomes, Kamara and Cohen.   Actually hoping Mayfield outscores Mahomes.

This week rankings for my players

looking for a path to 230 and its hard with my team

QBs 4 and 26 Have to have a 40 here to compete with Mahome

RBs 1, 3, 5, 31 and 48  Need a 40 a 30 and at least a 20 Might also need a Flex of 15

WR 32, 49, 59, 61 and 88  Need a 20 and a 10 that's all I can hope for

TE 9 and 10  Need a 20 and a 15

K 6. 12 and 17  need a 15

DEF 14, 21 and 23 need a 10

That would be it for  me there but about 1 percent with not to many other way because My WR Suck and lots of injuries

First time to make final 250 and feel great about it

I considered my WRs to be pretty much a bust, and what would sink me in the end, earlier this year. (Thielen, Davis, Lockett, Godwin, Ross, Goodwin). With Goodwin coming back, Lockett doing well, Godwin looking like a potential league winner, and AJ Green getting hurt paving the way for more Ross... I think it could turn into just good enough to give me a shot at this. 

I'm feeling quite good about my chances, but unless Mahomes can put up a couple of stinkers I think in the end the top several winners will have him at QB, and unfortunately I chose Goff

I just looked at the 5 remaining Henry owners.  All have taken some injury hits and have weak spots to boot.  It's feasible to spot them 30 points this week and chase them down.

I just looked at the 5 remaining Henry owners.  All have taken some injury hits and have weak spots to boot.  It's feasible to spot them 30 points this week and chase them down.
I'm one of them and was crying up thread earlier today about losing Sanders.  I'll take this gift from god tonight though for sure.

Feasible, but it won't be easy climbing out of the hole the rest of us are suddenly in. Luckily, none of those 5 teams are "loaded" so it isn't impossible. We're going to need those teams to have their weak spots hurt them AND we'll need to get some big points out of unexpected sources to even things up.

Thanks apalmer. Every single one of those teams has Mahomes. Some interesting entries. I see what you're saying in the contest about it basically being best ball, get quarterbacks at value, at least more than two tight ends. Seems a bunch had Tyreek Hill, too. 

Best of luck to you these next few weeks. 

-RA

Thanks apalmer. Every single one of those teams has Mahomes. Some interesting entries. I see what you're saying in the contest about it basically being best ball, get quarterbacks at value, at least more than two tight ends. Seems a bunch had Tyreek Hill, too. 

Best of luck to you these next few weeks. 

-RA
Thanks. Normally, I'd be thrilled at this point to get 21.8 from Westbrook and 11.9 from Taylor---I've had weeks where my two WR scores didn't get me 21.8. If it wasn't for Derrick Freaking Henry.....

As you said, the other common thread among those teams is Mahomes. It would be nice if he had a terrible game or two to even things up.

For the finals, is it week 14 score plus week 15 plus week 16? 

Or does it combine player stats over 3 weeks to create one score?

I did. They all have Mahomes and it's feasible one might win, but it's three weeks long. 
Yes, it's definitely feasible, but it's definitely to early to say a Henry owner is gonna win.  

Team 1 looks the strongest but is missing Brieda and Yeldon sucked.  They were used 9 weeks.

Team 2 is missing Grarapolo, Breida, Conner (does have Samuals), and Fuller ($37 total).  Davis had a bad game.  Only scored over 190 3 times this year.

Team 3 is missing Smith, Collins (used 8 times).  Has used a score under 10 points for a position player in each of the last 4 weeks.

Team 4 relative strong but did lose Sanders this week (although Westbrook should offset).  Only 2 D, 2 K, and 2 TE so they will bleed points back here.

Team 5 missing Conner and Marvin Jones.  Fournette played a turd for them.  Has Elliot, Barber, Thielen, JuJu, Lockett, Cole (8), Grahm, and Kittle to fill 6 scoring spots.  Also only has 2 Ds and Ks.  Only scored over 200 twice.

Yes, it's definitely feasible, but it's definitely not to early to say a Henry owner is gonna win.  

Team 1 looks the strongest but is missing Brieda and Yeldon sucked.  They were used 9 weeks.

Team 2 is missing Grarapolo, Breida, Conner (does have Samuals), and Fuller ($37 total).  Davis had a bad game.  Only scored over 190 3 times this year.

Team 3 is missing Smith, Collins (used 8 times).  Has used a score under 10 points for a position player in each of the last 4 weeks.

Team 4 relative strong but did lose Sanders this week (although Westbrook should offset).  Only 2 D, 2 K, and 2 TE so they will bleed points back here.

Team 5 missing Conner and Marvin Jones.  Fournette played a turd for them.  Has Elliot, Barber, Thielen, JuJu, Lockett, Cole (8), Grahm, and Kittle to fill 6 scoring spots.  Also only has 2 Ds and Ks.  Only scored over 200 twice.
Yeah, I noticed that they all had weaknesses, too. They haven't been spotted anything insurmountable, but you have to admit it's a nice start, and if Henry gets more carries the rest of the way because of this, then they might have walked into even more points, though Lewis isn't going away (presumably).  

Yeah, I noticed that they all had weaknesses, too. They haven't been spotted anything insurmountable, but you have to admit it's a nice start, and if Henry gets more carries the rest of the way because of this, then they might have walked into even more points, though Lewis isn't going away (presumably).  
Also keep in mind that Henry cost $21.  That's basically sacrificing one of Ertz, Kielce, Hill.

Also keep in mind that Henry cost $21.  That's basically sacrificing one of Ertz, Kielce, Hill.
Wow. I didn't know that. I didn't even bother considering him this -- or any other -- year, really. I don't trust backs from Alabama and it's Vrabel and Lewis who know each other from NE, where Belichick utilized Lewis like a master until Lewis was hurt.  

And as this was part of my exact decision process, it cost me in Week 12.  Early roster had Ertz, but due to Wentz uncertainty, I bailed.  Went Hooper, Burton & Goedert.   Final RB = RBs were Henry, Collins, Drake, Freeman & Connor

Just kicking myself at all those "wasted points" ..... woulda, coulda, shoulda is a horrible game! 

First time to finals. Looking forward to the 3 week madness. I do like that there are no decisions to make, just sit back and hope your guys score well. 
We haven't had any "decisions to make" since September's entry deadline. But I know what you mean, dude - we no longer have to sweat the weekly cut-off, anymore.

Congrats and Happy Holidays.

'Tipping my hat to those involved at Pearl Harbor...

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2018/107321.php

apalmer said:
I think you meant to say: Yes, it's definitely feasible, but it's definitely too early to say a Henry owner is gonna win.  
WAY too early.  No guarantee that a Henry owner will be leading after Week 14.  

But that said, Henry definitely put those 5 teams in contention.

Best of luck to all in the final 250.  I was eliminated Week 9.

BassNBrew said:
Yes, it's definitely feasible, but it's definitely to early to say a Henry owner is gonna win.  

Team 4 here, hoping for lots of Austin Hooper, Atlanta/New England kicking and LA Rams D!  Or like 7 long Mahomes to Hill Tds the next 3 weeks. 😁

Team 4 here, hoping for lots of Austin Hooper, Atlanta/New England kicking and LA Rams D!  Or like 7 long Mahomes to Hill Tds the next 3 weeks. 😁
Current team #7 hoping all those Mahomes TDs go to Kelce. Sorry, but I need to make up those Henry points somewhere. 😉

http://calcomatic.com/Standings

I changed the Calcomatic Standings page for week 14, 15, and 16.  The Live Score Column shows the live score for the current week.  The Total column shows the cumulative score for all three weeks of this portion of the contest.  Weeks 14 and 15 will be updated once those weeks complete so you will be able to sort on the Total column to see your current rank in the Standings.  The "My Entry" page shows only the current week, so if you are fortunate to still be in the contest you should focus your attentions to the Standings page.

Good luck to those still in the contest (you luck SOBs :)  ).

http://calcomatic.com/Standings

I changed the Calcomatic Standings page for week 14, 15, and 16.  The Live Score Column shows the live score for the current week.  The Total column shows the cumulative score for all three weeks of this portion of the contest.  Weeks 14 and 15 will be updated once those weeks complete so you will be able to sort on the Total column to see your current rank in the Standings.  The "My Entry" page shows only the current week, so if you are fortunate to still be in the contest you should focus your attentions to the Standings page.

Good luck to those still in the contest (you luck SOBs :)  ).
Thanks for all the work on this, Steeler. 

Unsolicited plug: If you're still alive in the contest (and even if you aren't but are still following the thread for some reason) hit the donation button on calcomatic.

Users who are viewing this thread