Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

#QAnon

Juxtatarot

1 hour ago, killface said:

It's amazing these people exist. My 7 year old wouldn't believe half of this stuff

It's hard to understand people falling for this stuff but then National Enquirer and tabloids like them have been popular for decades selling papers to gullible folks who enjoy reading unbelievable stories - some of them probably believed the stories as well.  No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

It's hard to understand people falling for this stuff but then National Enquirer and tabloids like them have been popular for decades selling papers to gullible folks who enjoy reading unbelievable stories - some of them probably believed the stories as well.  No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people

It's funny you bring this up because i was in Costco yesterday and some lady was picking up a national enquirer to buy and i genuinely wanted to ask her why?  From a purely intellectual level I'm just curious about what has happened to these people.  

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

QAnon Supporters Say Cicada Landing on Biden's Neck Is Proof Plan Is Working

https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-supporters-joe-biden-cicada-neck-shows-plan-working-1599401

It must be a lot of work to be this gullible

No one has ever won Surivior if the editing shows bugs on them.

Edited by Mile High
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, killface said:

It's funny you bring this up because i was in Costco yesterday and some lady was picking up a national enquirer to buy and i genuinely wanted to ask her why?  From a purely intellectual level I'm just curious about what has happened to these people.  

Today I Learned that Costco sells the National Enquirer - I'm there 1-2 times a week and have never noticed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 10:14 AM, The Commish said:

Can you imagine what the impacts of the "deep fake" technology is going to do to this group?  It might make them spontaneously combust.  If I was completely void of ethics and/or morality, I'd be firing up my own youtube channel and reaping the windfall from the ad revenue for the rest of my life.

They have begun....everything from JFK to John McAfee...they're all alive.

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 12:39 PM, Maurile Tremblay said:

Fifteen percent of Americans agreed with the statement “the government, media, and financial worlds in the U.S. are controlled by a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run a global child sex trafficking operation.”

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-its-so-hard-to-gauge-support-for-qanon/

So just shy of 4x the lizardman constant.

I'm more inclined to believe in the Lizard People. Seems more plausible,  honestly.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Max Power said:

I think we should study Q anon to better understand white rage.

If a liberal had typed this sentence, a certain segment of this forum would have accused the poster of playing the race card.

56 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

If a liberal had typed this sentence, a certain segment of this forum would have accused the poster of playing the race card.

I dont think anyone has an understanding of white rage, so I feel like I can apply it anywhere now. 

4 hours ago, dozer said:

The modern GOP

So sad that gullible people will cheer for these dangerous and disgusting lies.

Yeah, I'm thinking those that believed the Russian DossierTM, 40+ year old allegations, "anonymous" sources, "friend close to X" sources, Adam Schiff and Twitter (just to name a few) -100% WITHOUT QUESTION - the previous 4 years shouldn't be talking about other people being gullible.

You've been posting like a madman in the Jan 6th thread (and now here) as if you weren't alive during 2016-2020.  Or you hit your head on a rock and lost all memories of those years.

Try to remember the past - it will help you in the future.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Yeah, I'm thinking those that believed the Russian DossierTM, 40+ year old allegations, "anonymous" sources, "friend close to X" sources, Adam Schiff and Twitter (just to name a few) -100% WITHOUT QUESTION - the previous 4 years shouldn't be talking about other people being gullible.

You've been posting like a madman in the Jan 6th thread (and now here) as if you weren't alive during 2016-2020.  Or you hit your head on a rock and lost all memories of those years.

Try to remember the past - it will help you in the future.

Drink!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

the previous 4 years shouldn't be talking about other people being gullible.

1000x this. What was it 25,000 lies by POTUS? Call it a long play brainwashing of the masses.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

1000x this. What was it 25,000 lies by POTUS? Call it a long play brainwashing of the masses.

Only to be eclipsed by the mainstream media and the Democrat Party.

And before you respond and called BS on that, I just want you to know that I heard that from an anonymous source so it's completely legit.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

And before you respond and called BS on that, I just want you to know that I heard that from an anonymous source so it's completely legit.

"Eclipsed"? My goodness. You do you. I'll just fondly remember actual reality where the POTUS used a Sharpie to draw make believe hurricane forecasts, threatening NOAA or anyone else who dared question the Department of Truth. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BigJim® said:

"Eclipsed"? My goodness. You do you. I'll just fondly remember actual reality where the POTUS used a Sharpie to draw make believe hurricane forecasts, threatening NOAA or anyone else who dared question the Department of Truth. 

And I'll fondly remember the Russian Hookers and Pee tapes that the MSM tried to fool us with.  All great memories!  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

And I'll fondly remember the Russian Hookers and Pee tapes that the MSM tried to fool us with.  All great memories!  :thumbup:

Except didthe MSM never claimed such a thing actually happened?  Or did they report on the contents of the dossier and prefaced that it was unverified?

If the latter, seems rather dishonest to equate that to Trump’s lies…especially using that example to equate to the totality of Trumps lies which is what was being discussed.  And funny to talk about dishonesty and make such a bad faith claim

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I understand the point about Oprah Winfrey, but what did Tom Hanks do?

Unsure. But I'm pretty sure that the whole house is to be burned down. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 11:12 PM, BladeRunner said:

Many people are saying this.  

On 6/28/2021 at 11:30 PM, Maurile Tremblay said:

Apparently he had a slave and is a pedo.  My SIL who is completely off the deep end on this stuff claimed he was to be arrested at Trump’s military parade that also didn’t happen.  

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

35 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

Apparently he had a slave and is a pedo.  My SIL who is completely off the deep end on this stuff claimed he was to be arrested at Trump’s military parade that also didn’t happen.  

I feel like the big arrest event that they’ve been predicting has a chance of happening. It just isn’t the guys they think. 

9 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

I feel like the big arrest event that they’ve been predicting has a chance of happening. It just isn’t the guys they think. 

Looking at you Gaetz.  

On 6/28/2021 at 8:30 PM, Maurile Tremblay said:

Seriously? Are you unaware that Tom Hanks is a satanic pedophile who runs the Illuminati with Beyonce and Billie Eilish? It is known.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hanks was in Australia when he was diagnosed with Covid. The Q people believed he had been arrested in America and was transported to Australia to a secret penal colony set up by Trump, and the Covid thing was a ruse and....the truth would finally emerge.

In fact, Hanks was on the set of a movie about Elvis Presley. He plays Colonel Tom Parker. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 6:57 PM, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Hanks was in Australia when he was diagnosed with Covid. The Q people believed he had been arrested in America and was transported to Australia to a secret penal colony set up by Trump, and the Covid thing was a ruse and....the truth would finally emerge.

In fact, Hanks was on the set of a movie about Elvis Presley. He plays Colonel Tom Parker. 

Colonel Tom Parker:  "Don’t try to explain it, just sell it".

• Like 1

It's gotten weirder than usual.  Apparently there is a subset of our population that believes there is a site out there (free to the public) that tracks exactly where Air Force One is at all times....and that it is 100% accurate.  All you have to do is look it up.  I haven't seen mentioned the site in any of these whackadoodle posts, but will post it here if it ever surfaces (wink wink)

• Sad 1

I’m a Parkland Shooting Survivor. QAnon Convinced My Dad It Was All a Hoax.

This article is sad beyond belief.  This conspiracy is just devastating families, as well as America. 😢

“It started a couple months into the pandemic with the whole anti-lockdown protests,” Bill said. “His feelings were so strong it turned into facts for him. So if he didn't like having to wear masks it wouldn't matter what doctors or scientists said. Anything that contradicted his feelings was wrong. So he turned to the internet to find like-minded people which led him to QAnon.”

Edited by Maggot Brain

A Vaccine Or This Marriage: Conspiracy Theories Are Tearing Couples Apart

At the outset of the pandemic, Lucy’s husband and partner of seven years, Shane, was as cautious as anyone about the virus. He kept a big container of hand sanitizer in the car and fanatically washed his hands, keys and other items. He wore a face mask everywhere he went, showered and changed his clothes immediately upon returning home from necessary outings, and was anxious for Lucy and her elderly mother, who lives with them, to get vaccinated as soon as possible due to their heightened vulnerabilities.

But as the crisis dragged on, 60-year-old Shane spent months cooped up inside on YouTube and Facebook, where a vortex of coronavirus conspiracy theory videos was waiting for him. Many declared that the virus was nothing to fear — that it was the vaccines he should really be afraid of. Before long, he was also tuning into the increasingly malicious disinformation networks Newsmax and OAN, which regularly rehashed the lies he’d been fed online. He was completely enthralled, Lucy said, and over time, his worldview “did a 180.” 

22 hours ago, dozer said:

Man, that’s a heartbreaking story…

It is but this this makes me think this kid's Dad has other problems:

“He'll say stuff like this straight to my face whenever he's drinking: ‘You're a real piece of work to be able to sit here and act like nothing ever happened if it wasn't a hoax. Shame on you for being part of it and putting your family through it too,”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

It is but this this makes me think this kid's Dad has other problems:

“He'll say stuff like this straight to my face whenever he's drinking: ‘You're a real piece of work to be able to sit here and act like nothing ever happened if it wasn't a hoax. Shame on you for being part of it and putting your family through it too,”

Hurt people, hurt people.