Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

#QAnon

Juxtatarot

On 6/11/2021 at 12:56 PM, killface said:

It's amazing these people exist. My 7 year old wouldn't believe half of this stuff

Not really fair to be comparing their mental capacity to your 7 year old.  Do you have any younger children?  Like maybe 3 or 4?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

My crazy SIL told her 10 year old niece she could never have babies because she got the vaccine.  I can’t believe my brother doesn’t dump that woman.  

Awful people.  Just awful

• Sad 1

I have friends who have gone down this path but hadn’t really experienced it in person until a couple weeks ago. Signed up for a class at a brewery and afterwards we had a couple beers. Talking with one of the guys and he just started talking about how there are secret military tribunals and executions happening including Hillary. From that point forward everything he said was conspiracy based heavy on the Q spectrum. It was pretty clear that it had taken over his life.

• Sad 1

On 8/3/2021 at 1:21 PM, General Malaise said:

How did a 10 year old get the vaccine?  :confused:

Not sure.  It isn’t my niece.  Other side of the family.  Perhaps she said “if you get the vaccine.”  I was told this by the child’s father who is not prone to hyperbole.  

Edited by Sabertooth

2 hours ago, Roy L Fewks said:

I feel sorry for these people. I hope they've moved on, and what I mean by that is that I hope that they have moved on with their lives, not that I hope that they've moved on to a new conspiracy.

This story is not going to make you feel better.  Unbelievably sad.  The guy was seemingly normal until he got sucked in and ended up killing his children due to it.  (This is probably behind a NYT paywall, so Google "Matthew Taylor Coleman" if you haven't already heard about this.)

• Sad 3

20 minutes ago, krista4 said:

This story is not going to make you feel better.  Unbelievably sad.  The guy was seemingly normal until he got sucked in and ended up killing his children due to it.  (This is probably behind a NYT paywall, so Google "Matthew Taylor Coleman" if you haven't already heard about this.)

Ugh - wish I hadn’t googled that - not blaming you at all, just a depressing story.  That dude is just legit crazy.  :( 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

Ugh - wish I hadn’t googled that - not blaming you at all, just a depressing story.  That dude is just legit crazy.  :( 

Well, and that's why Qanon and their ilk are so dangerous.  There are people with legitimate mental health issues who are prone to falling for these types of fanciful conspiracies and will start acting on them.  What might be a joke to the people perpetuating misinformation isn't a joke to people with mental instabilities and so tragically get results like this.  Think back to the guy who brought a machine gun to DC to shoot pedos in the basement of a pizza shop.  It's a dangerous game they are playing and really, it needs to be criminalized to prevent further tragedies.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Roy L Fewks said:

I feel sorry for these people. I hope they've moved on, and what I mean by that is that I hope that they have moved on with their lives, not that I hope that they've moved on to a new conspiracy.

There are still tens of thousands of people in this country upset about the outcome of the US Civil War.  

6 minutes ago, dozer said:

Kansas woman speaks up at board meeting.

They were voting whether to implement a mask mandate for children K-6 in school.

It passed.

Kind of sad that she had to read the entire speech from her phone.  She really couldn't memorize "Trump won!  No virus!  Children!"?

• Like 1

Her poor kids. I just wonder if these people will ever come back to reality or of they are too far gone. Based on what that woman was saying, it seems unlikely she will have a lightbulb moment where she realizes she got sucked into some weird crap on the internet that wasn't real. 

10 hours ago, Dickies said:

She seems like a rational young lady. 

I"m one that tries to understand "why?".  To that, I can KIND of SORTA...maybe understand some of the point, the positions and rhetoric of what this lady is saying.... but then I realize that her champion is Donald Trump.

I'd have more understanding from the Trumper group if they had chosen a person like Bane from the third Batman movie instead of Trump as their idealogue/cult of personality.  At least he wouldn't  have  a track record of sucking up to the politicians, the media and the "elitle" culture the way Trump did for 40+ years. Bane didn't sit on a gold toilet.  

2 hours ago, TheMagus said:

Her poor kids. I just wonder if these people will ever come back to reality or of they are too far gone. Based on what that woman was saying, it seems unlikely she will have a lightbulb moment where she realizes she got sucked into some weird crap on the internet that wasn't real. 

It's like millions of Americans all quit smoking simultaneously. 

BTW, I wouldn't stand by any cans. 

They aren't all mentally unstable. Some are, for sure. And some are just dumb. They're suckers, who are super excited that they are getting the inside scoop on a conspiracy. I have an aunt that is convinced a vaccine gave her nephew autism. She's not mentally deranged, she's a dumb townie hick. 

They are able to be part of this thing, and it's the most interesting thing they have going on. 

That Kansas woman was just reciting a list of hashtags the QAnon grifters use. Nothing Can Stop What's Coming! 

Great delivery, you could tell she thought she was blowing everyone's mind with truth bombs. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, dozer said:

"There's lot of good guys out there ready to do bad things soon"

Another anti-masker goes ballistic at a Board of Commissioners meeting in Ottawa County, Michigan

I'm confused by why all these comments are taken as threats for violence and they aren't charged?  

I feel bad for people just trying to run schools now.  They didn't sign up for this

18 minutes ago, dozer said:

"There's lot of good guys out there ready to do bad things soon"

Another anti-masker goes ballistic at a Board of Commissioners meeting in Ottawa County, Michigan

They're probably not good guys then are they?

All over ####### masks. Shaking my head at the stupidity this country exhibits on a daily basis. My daughter is a 3rd grade teacher. Our school system has been open a week and COVID is rampant because my governor is a stodgy old white man that believes in "my freedoms" over science (or even common sense at this point) to the point where they've shut down one school for two weeks to go virtual until after the Labor Day break. The school system is between a rock & a hard place because they are dependent on state funding and it gets pulled if they institute a mask mandate. Whole thing is just stupid.

• Like 3

On 8/14/2021 at 9:52 AM, dozer said:

Kansas woman speaks up at board meeting.

They were voting whether to implement a mask mandate for children K-6 in school.

It passed.

That is like a mishmash of the majority of the political posts on my facebook feed. :lmao: 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:09 AM, Max Power said:

What connects this to Q? 

Fair question related to the anti mask posts. That's just part of America and not Q. Correct? Probably belongs in a different thread.