Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

#QAnon

Juxtatarot

these people are absolutely nuts, just like all the other millions of conspiracy theorists out there on the internet pushing their stupid beliefs. It's amazing to me how often some otherwise normal-seeming person these days will just casually drop into conversation how Tom Hanks is a child rapist, Bill Gates is trying to control us all through vaccines, the Trump administration is actively working to suppress black voters, or Sandy Hook was an inside job. It's crazy how many people seriously buy into stuff like this.

1 hour ago, Possum said:

these people are absolutely nuts, just like all the other millions of conspiracy theorists out there on the internet pushing their stupid beliefs. It's amazing to me how often some otherwise normal-seeming person these days will just casually drop into conversation how Tom Hanks is a child rapist, Bill Gates is trying to control us all through vaccines, the Trump administration is actively working to suppress black voters, or Sandy Hook was an inside job. It's crazy how many people seriously buy into stuff like this.

How soon we forget "HILLARY SOLD ALL OF OUR URANIUM TO THE RUSSIANS!!!!1111ONE1".

Physical uranium trading at $29/Lb today.  You can buy all you want.  Especially from the Russians.  Pretty sure the price was in the mid 20s when all this nonsense was being spread.  Odd that such a highly sought after and strategic commodity hasn't advanced price wise much in the face of all this controversy!   :lmao:

Edited by General Malaise
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

57 minutes ago, massraider said:

I am interested to see what pivot there is if Trump loses the election.

A big big part of this nonsense is the files that  get declassified, blowing the lid off the entire pedo operation, and the sealed indictments.  For those that haven't read much about this, there are somewhere between 50,000 and 140,000 sealed indictments, that are ready to drop......any day now.  

Very early on in the QAnon movement, it occurred to me that this theory has an expiration date. This seems like a big flaw. Whenever Trump is not in power, how can he expose the Satanic pedo ring?  

YouTube shutting down the big channels is really big, and if they take away the monetization from the most popular grifters, will this thing lose steam?  The sheep, older Americans that are basically suckers (sadly), they feed off the motivated younger snake oil salesmen, who are making money off their channels.  

Seems like he’s set up his next conspiracy: Biden had Seal Team 6 killed, Bin Laden death was faked. Lots of mileage to be had there. Trump doesn’t even have to release any documents. Just say that he saw them and he will release them soon. 

46 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Seems like he’s set up his next conspiracy: Biden had Seal Team 6 killed, Bin Laden death was faked. Lots of mileage to be had there. Trump doesn’t even have to release any documents. Just say that he saw them and he will release them soon. 

Right after the election if he wins.  All rolled up into one document along with the new health care plan, huge middle class tax cuts, the truth about who killed JFK and the 1947 Roswell incident fully unmasked.  

41 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Right after the election if he wins.  All rolled up into one document along with the new health care plan, huge middle class tax cuts, the truth about who killed JFK and the 1947 Roswell incident fully unmasked.  

He can literally say he knows whatever and will release the info later and that’s been enough for most of his supporters. They believe.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Biden campaign doesn’t even have to do much...Trump just keeps dunking on himself.

Totally agree. Every cringeworthy comment he makes about stuff that should be clear cut makes me wonder why he can't do the right thing in those moments. I don't mean be a stand up guy or anything like that. It's more like what he is supposed to say as POTUS and how it could give him a little bit of political equity. When he stays on teleprompter would be another way of putting it. 

Edited by Osaurus

In what’s the most mind blowing thing I’ve seen this week (which says a lot), today is the day Qers are expecting Trump to announce JFK Jr is not only still alive but is replacing Pence on the ticket. No joke. Twitter has pictures of people in Trump Kennedy 2020 shirts and JFK Jr masks.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

In what’s the most mind blowing thing I’ve seen this week (which says a lot), today is the day Qers are expecting Trump to announce JFK Jr is not only still alive but is replacing Pence on the ticket. No joke. Twitter has pictures of people in Trump Kennedy 2020 shirts and JFK Jr masks.

The believers can just say that they knew all along that the JFKjr thing was fake, and that they only pretended to believe to troll the media.

5 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

The believers can just say that they knew all along that the JFKjr thing was fake, and that they only pretended to believe to troll the media.

Terrible trolling job then since It’s getting the least amount of media attention. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Did anyone admit to believing in the Q?  there's got to be somebody in here.  Or somebody's "brother"

We had a Q guy here for a couple months but he was a newcomer (or an alias trolling). I do not think any of the regular posters here ever openly expressed real belief in Q.

7 hours ago, [scooter] said:

I find all of it disturbing but my guess is several of the people who believe this stuff are mentally ill.  My grandmother started believing all kinds of weird things later in her life when she started getting dementia.  

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Did anyone admit to believing in the Q?  there's got to be somebody in here.  Or somebody's "brother"

There were several posters who wouldn't quite admit to believing in Q, but did subscribe to many of the same theories -- a deep state against the President, a massive underground ring of satanic child sex traffickers, etc.

So, when I attend church I go to one of the larger ones in the country - satellite of NorthPoint Church in Alpharetta, GA.  This church is pastored by Andy Stanley who is well-known in the religious community and while well-respected by many is somewhat controversial as he's seen as a "progressive" pastor.  He made the news not too long ago around his stance on Covid and in-person services.

Anyway, that's just to set the table for this.  I was driving around yesterday and the satellite church I attend has a car sticker that you can see all around the area that I live.  We see it all the time.  Yesterday, I noticed one on the back of this truck I was behind and then noticed that they also had an enormous Q sticker on the back also.

It was rather disheartening and sad to see.  It's just one person and nobody should take much from it IMO but it was disturbing to me personally as someone what does attend there on occasion but also someone who knows how out of touch this group is.  I can't imagine that the leadership of the church would appreciate being thought of as possibly supporting the things this group represents.

@Joe Bryant @BobbyLayne - thought you guys may be interested in this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

So, when I attend church I go to one of the larger ones in the country - satellite of NorthPoint Church in Alpharetta, GA.  This church is pastored by Andy Stanley who is well-known in the religious community and while well-respected by many is somewhat controversial as he's seen as a "progressive" pastor.  He made the news not too long ago around his stance on Covid and in-person services.

Anyway, that's just to set the table for this.  I was driving around yesterday and the satellite church I attend has a car sticker that you can see all around the area that I live.  We see it all the time.  Yesterday, I noticed one on the back of this truck I was behind and then noticed that they also had an enormous Q sticker on the back also.

It was rather disheartening and sad to see.  It's just one person and nobody should take much from it IMO but it was disturbing to me personally as someone what does attend there on occasion but also someone who knows how out of touch this group is.  I can't imagine that the leadership of the church would appreciate being thought of as possibly supporting the things this group represents.

My best man goes to North Point (Buckhead campus.)

TBH no opinion on QAnon. For me it’s like keeping up with the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. It’s a real thing and I try to stay informed, but so far removed from my universe it’s irrelevant atm.

That’s not a great analogy by any means; Q conspiracies are way out there, it’s baffling how anyone could seriously ascribe to their willful ignorance. Yet I know it’s happening. Whereas what is transpiring in Armenia should be something we are concerned about, but given who is backing Azerbaijan, we know it won’t be addressed until January.

Edited by BobbyLayne
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 8:01 PM, [scooter] said:

There were several posters who wouldn't quite admit to believing in Q, but did subscribe to many of the same theories -- a deep state against the President, a massive underground ring of satanic child sex traffickers, etc.

There were more than a few that truly believed Hillary gifted all our uranium to the Russians.  No amount of evidence to the contrary would persuade them otherwise.  

• Like 2

On 10/17/2020 at 6:50 PM, Ilov80s said:

We had a Q guy here for a couple months but he was a newcomer (or an alias trolling). I do not think any of the regular posters here ever openly expressed real belief in Q.

The good ole days, when we were just discussing sword dances, orbs, and how N Korea would never fire a rocket again!  🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Thanks?

I've been to that church and I like Andy Stanley. One of the better communicators I've ever listened to on any subject. He's clear and effective. I don't know much about Qanon but from what I know I can't imagine it fits much with Northpoint. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

I've been to that church and I like Andy Stanley. One of the better communicators I've ever listened to on any subject. He's clear and effective. I don't know much about Qanon but from what I know I can't imagine it fits much with Northpoint. 

He is outstanding.

I don't really know much about Qanon either but agree with your take.

Trump this morning - I will soon be giving a first in television history full, unedited preview of the vicious attempted “takeout” interview of me by Lesley Stahl of

@60Minutes. Watch her constant interruptions & anger. Compare my full, flowing and “magnificently brilliant” answers to their “Q’s”.

---

I have no idea if that was intentional - I suspect it was. But I've zero doubt the Q followers will see it as intentional.

1 hour ago, whoknew said:

Trump this morning - I will soon be giving a first in television history full, unedited preview of the vicious attempted “takeout” interview of me by Lesley Stahl of

@60Minutes. Watch her constant interruptions & anger. Compare my full, flowing and “magnificently brilliant” answers to their “Q’s”.

---

I have no idea if that was intentional - I suspect it was. But I've zero doubt the Q followers will see it as intentional.

Is this a dog whistle?  

Our president, attacking an elderly lady yet again.  What a gentleman.

I believe the QAnon theory will have to be modified. Temporarily, the theory could be that Trump will bring the cabal to justice sometime before January 20, 2021, but that has a pretty short expiration date. After that, what will the new theory be?

I looked at my QAnon-themed twitter list, and here's what people are saying:

• Julian Assange still has plenty of juicy material to release. It's coming.
  • Ballot-counters secretly counting ballots after the election is pure banana republic stuff.
  • Trump is trapping the deep state by using block chain technology to show massive voter fraud by the Democrats. Arrests are coming.
  • Bill Barr just arrested four Dems who will go to prison.
  • Biden would destroy the economy; it's a good thing Trump is about to be declared the winner.
  • Democrats will remove Nancy Pelosi as speaker.

There's a lot more, mostly about how the Democrats are committing election fraud. There doesn't seem to be anything about busting pedophiles. Not a thing about arresting Hillary or Obama. The only arrests mentioned are in bullet point #4 above, but that, it turns out, has to do with local city council members in Toledo, Ohio, accepting bribes, nothing cabally (and nothing to do with Bill Barr).

When Trump is out of office, how will the basic QAnon premise morph? I'm certain it won't just go away. Will it have new characters? A new plot? I personally have no idea...

15 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I believe the QAnon theory will have to be modified. Temporarily, the theory could be that Trump will bring the cabal to justice sometime before January 20, 2021, but that has a pretty short expiration date. After that, what will the new theory be?

I looked at my QAnon-themed twitter list, and here's what people are saying:

• Julian Assange still has plenty of juicy material to release. It's coming.
  • Ballot-counters secretly counting ballots after the election is pure banana republic stuff.
  • Trump is trapping the deep state by using block chain technology to show massive voter fraud by the Democrats. Arrests are coming.
  • Bill Barr just arrested four Dems who will go to prison.
  • Biden would destroy the economy; it's a good thing Trump is about to be declared the winner.
  • Democrats will remove Nancy Pelosi as speaker.

There's a lot more, mostly about how the Democrats are committing election fraud. There doesn't seem to be anything about busting pedophiles. Not a thing about arresting Hillary or Obama. The only arrests mentioned are in bullet point #4 above, but that, it turns out, has to do with local city council members in Toledo, Ohio, accepting bribes, nothing cabally (and nothing to do with Bill Barr).

When Trump is out of office, how will the basic QAnon premise morph? I'm certain it won't just go away. Will it have new characters? A new plot? I personally have no idea...

I don't see any reason for the basic premise to change. They will still believe that Democrats are harboring a secret ring of cannibalistic pedophiles. The only change will be a shift from "Trump will unveil the plot!" to "We need to re-elect Republicans so they can unveil the plot!"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

I don't see any reason for the basic premise to change. They will still believe that Democrats are harboring a secret ring of cannibalistic pedophiles. The only change will be a shift from "Trump will unveil the plot!" to "We need to re-elect Republicans so they can unveil the plot!"

We'll see. I think the movement might be too distinctly Trump-centric to move on from him. It'd be like Christianity shifting from Jesus as savior to, like, Constantine I or something. It wouldn't have the same devotional ardor because the new mythos would be too banal.

5 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

For the record I hate the Q-tards... they're insane. So I'm not backing them... at all. 

That said, unless they were brandishing or threatening violence, the fact that they were armed was irrelevant. If you see me in public there's a 95% chance I'm armed. You'll never see it, but it's there. 

The right to carry (unless expressly prohibited by statute or posted signage, or the individual is legally barred for some reason) is a constitutionally protected right.

The media's fear mongering in this regard is one of the bigger issues in news reporting right now, IMO. 

Edited by [icon]

2 minutes ago, [icon] said:

For the record I hate the Q-tards... they're insane. So I'm not backing them... at all. 

That said, unless they were brandishing or threatening violence, the fact that they were armed was irrelevant. If you see me in public there's a 95% chance I'm armed. You'll never see it, but it's there. 

The right to carry (unless expressly prohibited by statute or posted signage, or the individual is legally barred for some reason) is a constitutionally protected right.

The media's fear mongering in this regard is one of the bigger issues in news reporting right now, IMO. 

It says the police were alerted to a plot to attack the Counting Center but it does not go into details on that plot. Before we call the police or media stupid, it'd be nice to know more about that plot.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, whoknew said:

It says the police were alerted to a plot to attack the Counting Center but it does not go into details on that plot. Before we call the police or media stupid, it'd be nice to know more about that plot.

Where did I call the police or media stupid? 

I said mention of them being armed is irrelevant fear-mongering unless accompanied by the reason for it's being relevant. Particularly given this is purely based on a "tip". Given this is part of a trend of these sorts of inflammatory gun-rights statements by the media, I stand by that assertion. 

Edited by [icon]

8 minutes ago, [icon] said:

I said mention of them being armed is irrelevant fear-mongering unless accompanied by the reason for it's being relevant

The police are the ones who mentioned that they were armed. Generally speaking, any info reported by the police should also be reported by the press, otherwise the press gets accused of covering up facts, being Fake News, etc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Where did I call the police or media stupid? 

I said mention of them being armed is irrelevant fear-mongering unless accompanied by the reason for it's being relevant. Particularly given this is purely based on a "tip". Given this is part of a trend of these sorts of inflammatory gun-rights statements by the media, I stand by that assertion. 

They were arrested for not having the proper permits to carry guns in PA and Philadelphia. That fact alone demonstrates labeling these men as "armed" an important fact to the news story.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lutherman2112 said:

They were arrested for not having the proper permits to carry guns in PA and Philadelphia. That fact alone demonstrates labeling these men as "armed" an important fact to the news story.

If that's the case then I retract my statement. Why was that not mentioned in the article that was quoted. Seems like a critical bit of information. :shrug:  

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 2

MSNBC providing an update on the air after a press conference:

The Norfolk VA FBI field office was given a tip about the two men, the vehicle was located in Philly (empty) and police later found the two men, who were armed (without proper licenses to carry in PA). They'll face gun charges related to that. On searching the vehicle, they found more QAnon related items (mask, hat, etc) and an AR-15 rifle constructed from parts along with about 160 rounds for it.

• Sad 1

Maybe not the right place for this post but has anyone else heard of a new social media site for conservatives called Parler? Apparently on November 13 some conservatives are planning to leave Facebook and join Parler where their debunked conspiracy theories won’t get deleted and there won’t be any fact checking going on. Sad times in the age of internet misinformation. They are upset about this censorship but frankly I appreciate what Facebook and Twitter are doing. On one hand I say good riddance to them but it looks like our political division will remain and this site will only reinforce that. I admit I had already unfollowed some of my “friends” for sharing theIr garbage anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parler

Edited by lazyike

29 minutes ago, lazyike said:

Maybe not the right place for this post but has anyone else heard of a new social media site for conservatives called Parler? Apparently on November 13 some conservatives are planning to leave Facebook and join Parler where their debunked conspiracy theories won’t get deleted and there won’t be any fact checking going on. Sad times in the age of internet misinformation. They are upset about this censorship but frankly I appreciate what Facebook and Twitter are doing. On one hand I say good riddance to them but it looks like our political division will remain and this site will only reinforce that. I admit I had already unfollowed some of my “friends” for sharing theIr garbage anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parler

I saw someone post about it as well. 

This age of disinformation is disheartening. And, at times, getting dangerous. With it being so easily accessible and how quickly it can spread is a real problem. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

I saw someone post about it as well. 

This age of disinformation is disheartening. And, at times, getting dangerous. With it being so easily accessible and how quickly it can spread is a real problem. 

Let’s add that people in power that should be more responsible share this stuff to drive an agenda. They then act as if they know nothing about it...

8 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Let’s add that people in power that should be more responsible share this stuff to drive an agenda. They then act as if they know nothing about it...

According to to Wiki I see that politicians like Sen Lee, Sen Cruz and Nikki Haley belong to Parler. I vow here and now  not to vote for any politician that joins this site where conservatives will wallow In their misery and share their debunked conspiracy theories.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lazyike said:

According to to Wiki I see that politicians like Sen Lee, Sen Cruz and Nikki Haley belong to Parler. I vow here and now  not to vote for any politician that joins this site where conservatives will wallow In their misery and share their debunked conspiracy theories.

Misinformation is their playbook. Look at all the things getting thrown out there- computer glitches adding votes, workers filling out ballots, ballots being predated, dems were cheating and got carried away, etc. It reminds me of how hunter Bidens laptop had emails about foreign deals, then it had homemade porn and him doing drugs, then it had child porn, then it was child porn of his niece, now no one says hunter Biden’s name.