Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

#QAnon

Juxtatarot

4 hours ago, lazyike said:

Maybe not the right place for this post but has anyone else heard of a new social media site for conservatives called Parler? Apparently on November 13 some conservatives are planning to leave Facebook and join Parler where their debunked conspiracy theories won’t get deleted and there won’t be any fact checking going on. Sad times in the age of internet misinformation. They are upset about this censorship but frankly I appreciate what Facebook and Twitter are doing. On one hand I say good riddance to them but it looks like our political division will remain and this site will only reinforce that. I admit I had already unfollowed some of my “friends” for sharing theIr garbage anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parler

This is how things are supposed to work. Different sites can have different moderation policies, and people can go to whatever platforms appeal to them.

I think Facebook does too little, not too much, to combat the viral spread of misinformation, but they don't have an easy job. Parler doesn't sound like my cup of tea. But as a Facebook user, I'm happy that people who want to spread misinformation will be able to leave Facebook and go do it elsewhere.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lazyike said:

Maybe not the right place for this post but has anyone else heard of a new social media site for conservatives called Parler? Apparently on November 13 some conservatives are planning to leave Facebook and join Parler where their debunked conspiracy theories won’t get deleted and there won’t be any fact checking going on. Sad times in the age of internet misinformation. They are upset about this censorship but frankly I appreciate what Facebook and Twitter are doing. On one hand I say good riddance to them but it looks like our political division will remain and this site will only reinforce that. I admit I had already unfollowed some of my “friends” for sharing theIr garbage anyway.

Fringe has always existed. It’s unhealthy to stifle American people. The problem becomes when the conspiracy concepts move past ethical issues and into moral issues (antivax, covid hoax, pediophile kabals)

If you look back on Anonomyous -> 4chan -> qanon it all makes sense. The problem arises when we the people allow politics to pander to fringe. Very dangerous. 

On 11/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, Maurile Tremblay said:

Short thread.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1324764684088725505

Q hasn't posted since Nov 3 and some adherents are starting to question whether they should still trust the plan.

The best thing about conspiracy’s like this is their ability to be like water and shape itself to its environment.  I’m sure I’m short order some new theory will emerge that Trump planned this all along to expose voter fraud and free himself from the constraints of the WH political environment and do his God chosen work as a private citizen.  Via this route his with his power and influence he can really go after the deep state now and truly expose the forces at work.  

There’s 92 pages and I’m as lazy as they come. Has Q or the source of posts been identified? I don’t think he/them have but I figure you all would know. Have a small group of FB friends that live and die by this stuff. It’s nonsense but there is no talking them off the ledge.

1 hour ago, beer 30 said:

There’s 92 pages and I’m as lazy as they come. Has Q or the source of posts been identified? I don’t think he/them have but I figure you all would know. Have a small group of FB friends that live and die by this stuff. It’s nonsense but there is no talking them off the ledge.

No.  Rumors etc. but nothing concrete or official

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Aubrey Huff is now saying Q was a Democrat plant to trick Republicans. LOL

Do they have any idea how stupid that makes them look, if that's the case? That would mean that they were fed a complete web of lies with zero basis in reality, took it to all be factual despite no evidence, made personal and political decisions based on those lies, only to find out it was a massive troll job by an opposing party. They might have to get the word "sucker" written on their foreheads if they fell for something that bad.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Zow said:

The baseball player?

Yes, he’s an extremely hardcore Trump guy and is pretty big in that corner of the internet world.

31 minutes ago, JAA said:

This would be a good thing. The GOP would now disavow Q. We then all win. 

His replies from the Q supporters show they seemed to take offense to this theory. 

14 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Aubrey Huff is now saying Q was a Democrat plant to trick Republicans. LOL

That would be funnier than the Fours Seasons news conference, not by much but because of the longevity of the ruse, has to be #1 if true.

PS - I don't think it's true

3 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

That would be funnier than the Fours Seasons news conference, not by much but because of the longevity of the ruse, has to be #1 if true.

PS - I don't think it's true

I don’t think it’s true either. It’s just some guy who was probably trolling for fun and it got way out of hand. He’s monetized it I’m sure.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 6:22 AM, lazyike said:

I posted a thread about Parler but I guess it was taken down?

I don't know a lot about QAnon. Are all the conspiracies this person puts out there protected by the first amendment? Has this person said anything that's considered illegal? Are there authorities actively trying to find this person so they can be tried for some type of crime?

1 hour ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

I posted a thread about Parler but I guess it was taken down?

Yeah I was wondering what happened to that.  I see Facebook Events on my timeline of some folks "Leaving Facebook for Parler".  Kinda seemed like an almost last sanctuary for the damned (one slight step above the vile Gab). It would be interesting to see how much prominence it would gain since there is a rightish anger towards Twitter and Facebook.

Why in the world would that topic be eliminated?

46 minutes ago, Uwe Blab said:

Yeah I was wondering what happened to that.  I see Facebook Events on my timeline of some folks "Leaving Facebook for Parler".  Kinda seemed like an almost last sanctuary for the damned (one slight step above the vile Gab). It would be interesting to see how much prominence it would gain since there is a rightish anger towards Twitter and Facebook.

Why in the world would that topic be eliminated?

Dunno.   I looked at Parler yesterday and I guess it is uncensored and not fact checked conspiracy theories.  Kinda like your Crazy Uncle at Christmas.  Think Cousin Eddie.

Edited by SHIZNITTTT

45 minutes ago, Uwe Blab said:

Yeah I was wondering what happened to that.  I see Facebook Events on my timeline of some folks "Leaving Facebook for Parler".  Kinda seemed like an almost last sanctuary for the damned (one slight step above the vile Gab).

It sounds to me like Parler is supposed to be what they had originally hoped Gab would be.....before Gab was inevitably taken over by trolls and conspiracy nuts.

By that logic, we're about 2 years away from some other outlet being propped up as the Next Big Thing for right-wing social media.

13 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

It sounds to me like Parler is supposed to be what they had originally hoped Gab would be.....before Gab was inevitably taken over by trolls and conspiracy nuts.

By that logic, we're about 2 years away from some other outlet being propped up as the Next Big Thing for right-wing social media.

My question is why would anyone go onto a site where everyone's in agreement? That sounds boring, because I like bouncing ideas around, not sitting in what apparently looks to actually become an echo chamber.

16 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Voat and Gab and now Parler and, yes, there will be others in the future.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dgreen said:

I don't know a lot about QAnon. Are all the conspiracies this person puts out there protected by the first amendment? Has this person said anything that's considered illegal? Are there authorities actively trying to find this person so they can be tried for some type of crime?

The idea behind qanon is that Trump has some grand plan to strike back at the establishment, and that everything he does is pre-planned and calculated.

I have no idea why it gets banned, and I am not surprised the media has no idea what it is.

Its a bunch of delusional people that think Trump has a genius plan.  I mean at this point, it’s kind of on its way out as he edges closer to having no more power.

• Like 1

:lmao: I have not really been into politics the last couple years so I missed this thread. My wife was asking me about what "QAnon" was today and I remembered this thread was in this forum. So I started on page 1. Not only did Qanon show up in the thread, but a Studs n Duds sighting. :lmao:

Then I realized it was 92 pages and now I'm going to have to spend the rest of the night getting caught up on this thread. 

I see my post was removed. I think it’s important to show how asinine this idea is so we aren’t lending credence to it. If this gets removed as well I won’t mention it again.

Link

“QAnon followers believe that this clique includes top Democrats including Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and George Soros, as well as a number of entertainers and Hollywood celebrities like Oprah Winfrey, Tom Hanks, Ellen DeGeneres and religious figures including Pope Francis and the Dalai Lama. Many of them also believe that, in addition to molesting children, members of this group kill and eat their victims in order to extract a life-extending chemical from their blood.”

28 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Why would a moderator remove a post that accurately describes QAnon?

My wording was a bit harsh, probably not the way I should have put it.

This stuff really makes me mad though, I see Q bumper stickers at the grocery store, it’s not some small underground thing anymore. 

Edited by Snorkelson

I don't want this to come out wrong, and Moderators I apologize if it does (feel free to delete), but there is already a lot of fanciful lore around followings in the history of human kind including the history of the USA.  When I say fanciful, I mean things like resurrection, transubstantiation, magic underwear, 72 virgin maidens, ... the list goes on.  Qanon is now adding a new twist to this fancy.

20 hours ago, shader said:

The idea behind qanon is that Trump has some grand plan to strike back at the establishment, and that everything he does is pre-planned and calculated.

I have no idea why it gets banned, and I am not surprised the media has no idea what it is.

Its a bunch of delusional people that think Trump has a genius plan.  I mean at this point, it’s kind of on its way out as he edges closer to having no more power.

The thing about a good conspiracy is that it’s almost impossible to disprove and it can always be adjusted to fit the new evidence. Trump is out? Well he wanted out because he realized the office was restrictive and now that he’s broken the shackles, he is free to attack the international cabal of child traffickers with his full force. Or he has allowed the voter fraud to happen knowing it would cost him the election but also knowing it would expose the corruption to world. He’s a political Jesus who “died”to save us all. Once you have the hook in someone’s mouth, it’s easy to guide them any which way you want 

On 11/9/2020 at 1:19 PM, Joe Summer said:

Interesting background on how Parler was created.

https://twitter.com/davetroy/status/1327253991936454663

On 11/9/2020 at 4:35 PM, Kal El said:

My question is why would anyone go onto a site where everyone's in agreement? That sounds boring, because I like bouncing ideas around, not sitting in what apparently looks to actually become an echo chamber.

Cult members don't realize/care that they are sitting in a vacuum. 

3 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

It's funny how there are competing conspiracies theories. This guy implies a heavy influence from Russia, but Fox News says they're owned by George Soros.

It's actually the Martians, headed by the Great Gazoo.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:44 AM, dkp993 said:

The best thing about conspiracy’s like this is their ability to be like water and shape itself to its environment.  I’m sure in short order some new theory will emerge that Trump planned this all along to expose voter fraud and free himself from the constraints of the WH political environment and do his God chosen work as a private citizen.  Via this route his with his power and influence he can really go after the deep state now and truly expose the forces at work.  

Well right on schedule, wish everything was so easy to predict....  Can’t verify that this post is 100% Q as I don’t frequent places “he” posts but got this from another forum and it certainly feels like a Q post   

More coming?

Why is this relevant?

How do you 'show' the public the truth?

How do you 'safeguard' US elections post-POTUS?

How do you 'remove' foreign interference and corruption and install US-owned voter ID law(s) and other safeguards?

It had to be this way.

Sometimes you must walk through the darkness before you see the light. 

Q

• Laughing 2

1 hour ago, Kal El said:

Solid point. It is bizarre just how many people think/thought Trump could do no wrong, and he's not even that eloquent of a speaker.

I've witnessed it first hand with a number of my friends (90% women oddly enough) that have fallen into lock step with Q. One is the ringleader and fancies herself the arbiter of knowledge, doling it out in veiled statements of hints at something big that never comes followed by the tag line Awake Yet?

She fits a stereotype that has risen up over the last year or so that is identified by a certain name I won't use. She won't discuss sources, just admonishing people that ask questions to do their own research to prove her right rather than just say here is the link or providing any kind of proof aside from the silly Q posts that have dried up since before the election. I really began to dislike her throughout this whole thing because of the rhetoric she was spouting and leading a group of people that were gullible enough to believe that they were "in" on something the rest of us weren't. Now I just kinda feel sorry for her because she put so much trust into this thing.

I should ask her if she's Awake Yet? but that would just be spiteful. She'll be one to go down with the ship, proudly I might add.

Edited by beer 30

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So...Mike Flynn is now selling Qanon merch 

https://money.yahoo.com/michael-flynn-now-selling-qanon-203907741.html

Only the best people...Q...people who push wild conspiracy theories.  Conspiracy theories that could be at the motivations or thoughts of a man who blew himself up on 2nd Avenue in Nashville.  And a guy POTUS just pardoned...who was his national security advisor...are promoting such things.  

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

So...Mike Flynn is now selling Qanon merch 

https://money.yahoo.com/michael-flynn-now-selling-qanon-203907741.html

Only the best people...Q...people who push wild conspiracy theories.  Conspiracy theories that could be at the motivations or thoughts of a man who blew himself up on 2nd Avenue in Nashville.  And a guy POTUS just pardoned...who was his national security advisor...are promoting such things.  

Grifters gonna grift. It's sad, but certainly not unexpected.

55 minutes ago, EZD222 said:

Did Qanon have its apex mountain by having the Q Shaman storm the Capital and take the Senate dais? Q Shaman

Also I thought he looked familiar and then remembered he was outside the Arizona vote counting location with all the other crazies back early November (see 17 seconds in). Q Shaman living his best life

Also the guy who is the ‘smoking gun’ that it was all a false flag operation and he’s Antifa...because he was at a BLM rally (counter-rally actually) in Phoenix.

My QAnon-themed twitter list is currently focused on these points:

1. Private moderation standards = censorship, and Twitter is just like Big Brother from 1984.

2. Parler is awesome, but apparently Apple is removing it from its app store unless it agrees to become censorious?

3. Very soon now, there will be a lot of declassified information that will be ruinous to globalist elitist Democratic pedophiles.

4. The arrests of said Democratic pedophiles will start on January 20. Get your popcorn ready.

4 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

1. Private moderation standards = censorship, and Twitter is just like Big Brother from 1984.

2. Parler is awesome, but apparently Apple is removing it from its app store unless it agrees to become censorious?

3. Very soon now, there will be a lot of declassified information that will be ruinous to globalist elitist Democratic pedophiles.

4. The arrests of said Democratic pedophiles will start on January 20. Get your popcorn ready.

How do you still have a Qanon feed? I thought all those accounts were purged?

12 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Sort of seems like putting off that college paper until the morning it's due.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

You almost have to admire their commitment to this shtick. 

• Like 1