Trump’s DC hotel triple rates that night :lol:

“I have no idea what qanon is”

”Joe Biden has dementia”

”Joe Biden is taking performance enhancing drugs”

”covid will disappear”

”mail in voting stole the election”

”in person voting stole the election”

“Climate change is a hoax”

How does anyone take these guys seriously anymore?

• Like 1

I have a HS friend that I've seen on Facebook is caught up in this apparently.  His posts are always "a friend just sent this to me..." and he doesn't say much personally.

However, the replies to his posts are the real whackos.  They are absolutely convinced that the government is going to see multiple arrests and trials of congress members and even SC justices followed by Trump's real inauguration on March 4th.

They are nuts.

• Like 1

From the one I am still friends with on FB (I X'd out her name):

You ask, XXXXXXX, what can we possibly do to rise up peacefully? You call / email/ mail letters to your state legislatures and your governor and you request that they follow the same path as North and South Dakota. That your state, wherever you live, will not abide by these Federal executive orders and for the Southern states, you have big issues from everyone from the northeast moving south from Covid. Your states have changed, my state of South Carolina demographics have changed. You do not wait until the two year or four year election from now, you call today!

5 hours ago, Jayrod said:

I have a HS friend that I've seen on Facebook is caught up in this apparently.  His posts are always "a friend just sent this to me..." and he doesn't say much personally.

However, the replies to his posts are the real whackos.  They are absolutely convinced that the government is going to see multiple arrests and trials of congress members and even SC justices followed by Trump's real inauguration on March 4th.

They are nuts.

His "real inauguration" was supposed to be Jan 21 prior to Jan 20 if that tells you anything.

4 minutes ago, The Commish said:

His "real inauguration" was supposed to be Jan 21 prior to Jan 20 if that tells you anything.

reminds me of the old Harold Camping apocalypse predictions.   "We've recalculated!!"

• Laughing 1

Um....I think we have a problem...like defcon 1 level problem.  Apparently the concept of "deep fakes" has hit the Q circuit.  Holy #### they are freakin' out and completely validated because every single thing any of us see is all "deep fakes".  :popcorn:

• Sad 1

The basic outline of the theory is that President Joe Biden allowed China access to the U.S. power grid when he signed the Keystone Pipeline Executive Order, and by doing so somehow allowed China to hack the U.S. power grid and cause the blackouts that Texas has suffered over the last week.  

Of course, this theory, which has no basis in fact, fails to mention that Texas’ power grid is operated and maintained by Texas, and not part of the two major federally-controlled power grids that service every other state in the country.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy89pq/qanon-thinks-biden-helped-china-create-the-texas-energy-crisis

• Laughing 1

the show on vice about finding q is really good and lays out what a bunch of crap the whole thing is definitely worth a few evenings on demand or whatever take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 9:35 PM, Maurile Tremblay said:

March 4, finally. A lot of people have been waiting for this.

Police uncover ‘possible plot’ by militia to breach Capitol

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Capitol Police say they have intelligence showing there is a “possible plot” by a militia group to breach the U.S. Capitol on Thursday.

The revelation was detailed in a statement from the Capitol Police. It comes at the same time the acting police chief is testifying before a House subcommittee.

“The United States Capitol Police Department is aware of and prepared for any potential threats towards members of Congress or towards the Capitol complex,” the agency said in a statement. “We have obtained intelligence that shows a possible plot to breach the Capitol by an identified militia group on Thursday, March 4.”

The statement differs from an advisory that was sent to members of Congress by the acting House sergeant-at-arms this week, saying that Capitol Police had “no indication that groups will travel to Washington D.C. to protest or commit acts of violence.”

The threat comes nearly two months after thousands of supporters of then-President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol in a violent insurrection as Congress was voting to certify Joe Biden’s electoral win. So far, about 300 people have been charged with federal crimes for their roles in the riot. Five people, including a Capitol Police officer, died.

Capitol Police say that they have stepped up security around the Capitol complex since January's insurrection, adding physical security measures such as the fencing topped with razor wire around the Capitol and members of the National Guard who remain at the complex. The statement said the agency was “taking the intelligence seriously” but provided no other specific details on the threat.

The threat appears to be connected to a far-right conspiracy theory, mainly promoted by supporters of QAnon, that Trump will rise again to power on March 4, which was the original presidential inauguration day, until 1933, when it was moved to Jan. 20.

Thousands of accounts that promoted the Jan. 6 event that led to a violent storming of the U.S. Capitol have since been suspended by major tech companies like Facebook and Twitter, making it far more difficult for QAnon and far-right groups to organize a repeat of the mass gathering on Thursday.

Twitter banned more than 70,000 accounts after the riots, while Facebook and Instagram removed posts mentioning “stop the steal,” a pro-Trump rallying cry used to mobilize his supporters in January. And the conservative social media platform Parler, which many of Trump’s supporters joined to promote false election fraud conspiracy theories and encourage friends to “storm” the Capitol on Jan. 6, was booted off the internet following the siege.

___

Associated Press writers Nomaan Merchant, Colleen Long and Alan Fram in Washington and Amanda Seitz in Chicago contributed to this report.

10 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

What is the next targeted day after March 4? Maybe April 15?

Perhaps they will pull the Harold Camping maneuver and retroactively proclaim that March 4th (or January 6th) was the "spiritual" reckoning which secretly resolved all of their outstanding concerns?

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

There will be an alleged threat the remainder of this Presidency so they can keep the fencing and military in DC.  

Why do you think the capitol police want to push this theory of yours?

21 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:
24 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

Funding 

So....."funding" for the "police" is a bad idea? Hmmm...where have I heard those words used in a catchy phrase before?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

24 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:
26 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

Funding 

This is definitely Q level conspiracy, so we are in the correct thread I guess.

Also, how does having fencing and the military there, as your post referenced, have anything to do with the funding of the capitol police?

• Thinking 1

Just now, dawgtrails said:

Also, how does having fencing and the military there, as your post referenced, have anything to do with the funding of the capitol police?

The left needs a make believe boogeyman so that they can draw attention away from what they are doing.

2 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

Your grammar was so poor I was not sure what you were even trying to say.  I don’t actively follow this Q nonsense.  

4 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:
11 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Your grammar was so poor I was not sure what you were even trying to say.  I don’t actively follow this Q nonsense.  

I think my grammar is just fine. Thanks

I would have gone with:

This is definitely Q-level conspiracy. So, we are in the correct thread, I guess.

Also, how does having fencing and the military there as your post referenced have anything to do with the funding of the Capitol Police?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

I would have gone with:

This is definitely Q-level conspiracy. So, we are in the correct thread, I guess.

Also, how does having fencing and the military there as your post referenced have anything to do with the funding of the Capitol Police?

There is no threat.  You will see that tomorrow.  It’s all garbage.  

2 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

I would have gone with:

I'm personally opposed to long dashes as substitutes for commas.  Otherwise, I'm on board with this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

The left needs a make believe boogeyman so that they can draw attention away from what they are doing.

So the FBI is making it all up for “the left”?

Can’t be that the criticism of having National Guard there is unfounded.

• Laughing 1

I don't think anything's gonna happen tomorrow. But if we are all aware of this date, it would seem pretty stupid to not have law enforcement there. Why is anyone worked up about this?

The Qanon Casualties Reddit is crazy. 

Some really sobering stories about people losing their parents to it, but a lot about people seeing their parents break up over Qanon.  Somehow that seems worse to me.

A good amount of these people said that a lot of people find their way there through pretty hippy dippy New Age pages. Essential oils, aromatherapy, natural remedies, "questions" about vaccines, and you are one step from an algorithm introducing you to the idea that Donald Trump is this close to blowing the lid off the whole thing. 

With the help of JFK Jr. 

15 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

A preposterous post warrants a preposterous retort.  There is no threat.  Absolutely nothing will happen tomorrow.  

There is/was a threat. Nothing is going to hapen in part because of the presence of law enforcement on site

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

A preposterous post warrants a preposterous retort.  There is no threat.  Absolutely nothing will happen tomorrow.  

So again, you think the Capitol Police making it up?

I doubt anything happens...that doesn’t mean there was no threat.

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

So again, you think the Capitol Police making it up?

I doubt anything happens...that doesn’t mean there was no threat.

They might have read some blog which normally is passed along to local police.   Who knows.  There’s no credible threat.  This militia would already be there or in transit.  People would see them and reported them.  There is no way they would get that far. Our country has surveillance on everyone and everything 

9 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

They might have read some blog which normally is passed along to local police.   Who knows.  There’s no credible threat.  This militia would already be there or in transit.  People would see them and reported them.  There is no way they would get that far. Our country has surveillance on everyone and everything 

So yes, you believe you know better than law enforcement.

Cool.

11 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

I believe in using common sense and logic and not baselessly believing propaganda.  Guilty. 

You don’t have the info to make an assessment - which makes your posts lack credibility

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

No armed militia is attacking the US Capitol and they never were going to do it.  

:shrug:

If we asked you a year ago whether a group of Trump supporters would storm the capitol and try and stop the certification of the election, what would you have said?

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

19 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

I believe in using common sense and logic and not baselessly believing propaganda.  Guilty. 

I believe calling law enforcement propaganda is pretty weak in order to keep from admitting what is actually common sense...that yeah, there probably has been a threat which is what is keeping  the NG in Washington. A direct reaction as well to the events of Jan 6th.

5 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

What is the next targeted day after March 4? Maybe April 15?

I can't think of a better time.  What better day to overthrow the government than when you would have been stuck paying your taxes.