What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread (1 Viewer)

Well.....sure. :shrug:

She's anti-establishment.  She's not afraid to speak her mind.  She's brash.  She's a leader.  She's not a career politician; she's an outsider.  She's not a bunch of fluff, she has guts.  She truly wants to make American great again.
She wants more federal government intervention in our lives......more regulation. That's hardly anti-establishment.  

She is like Trump in that she understands how to manipulate people via social media.

I thought awhile back you said you said you were staying out of politcal threads.  :)      

GM thread is better than this.
This is a thread about AOC.  I'm a huge fan.  Not sure why my involvement in here is a problem for you.  Seems weird to tell me I shouldn't post in a thread dedicated to a woman I admire tremendously.  Can you explain to me why that bothers you? 

I bought 2 sweatshirts.  Thanks.
Holy crap people are pulling out 15 year old aliases to make awesome jokes.

I truly believe we are entering a new golden age of the political subforum.

ETA: Just checked post history and apparently this alias has been posting for weeks so it wasn’t one of those perfect melds of alias username and shtick but nonetheless we’re in a new golden age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, as in too far left.    done much care either sides far side political speak.    can we just get affordable health care, tbh,  i don't care what side it comes from.
I’m with you, that stuff is stupidly expensive, I’d even be willing to pay a bit more in taxes if it means everybody can get cheap/free healthcare, and I don’t make that much as it is.

This is a thread about AOC.  I'm a huge fan.  Not sure why my involvement in here is a problem for you.  Seems weird to tell me I shouldn't post in a thread dedicated to a woman I admire tremendously.  Can you explain to me why that bothers you? 
LOL..I was just kidding.   I never said not to post, this thread is fun now that Trump is gone.   

They are both conspiracy theories with zero evidence. 
Do you actually think this? The thought that the election was stolen was proven over and over again to be false.

It is a fact that rioters attempted to murder AOC. The riot happened as a result of the conspiracy theories Trump and team pushed and Cruz was behind him every step of the way, including supporting challenging the election results on the 6th. Sure, it might not have been Cruz’s intentions to get her murdered but his support and reckless actions led to the riot. The fact that you can’t understand why someone wouldn’t want to work with a person who encouraged a riot based off of conspiracy theories and that almost resulted in them getting murdered is pretty astonishing. And trying to compare it to the conspiracy that the election was stolen is beyond laughable.

Do you actually think this? The thought that the election was stolen was proven over and over again to be false.

It is a fact that rioters attempted to murder AOC. The riot happened as a result of the conspiracy theories Trump and team pushed and Cruz was behind him every step of the way, including supporting challenging the election results on the 6th. Sure, it might not have been Cruz’s intentions to get her murdered but his support and reckless actions led to the riot. The fact that you can’t understand why someone wouldn’t want to work with a person who encouraged a riot based off of conspiracy theories and that almost resulted in them getting murdered is pretty astonishing. And trying to compare it to the conspiracy that the election was stolen is beyond laughable.
That "threat" was made after the riots. 

So yes I actually think "this".

I think the election being stolen is a conspiracy theory.

I think the plot to kill AOC is a conspiracy theory. 

I think anybody that believes otherwise is unreasonable. 

The right is OBSESSED with hating her. Super weird. 
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but it's worth pointing out that a bunch of people apparently gave up an evening of their lives to hang out with this person on Twitch, and they're also buying over-priced merch.  A certain segment of the right loves AOC because she's an easy target.  Let's not pretend that it's just the right that has a weird obsession though.

IvanKaramazov said:
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but it's worth pointing out that a bunch of people apparently gave up an evening of their lives to hang out with this person on Twitch, and they're also buying over-priced merch.  A certain segment of the right loves AOC because she's an easy target.  Let's not pretend that it's just the right that has a weird obsession though.
:goodposting:  

She is definitely the left's version of Trump, albeit on a smaller scale right now since she is still relatively new to the political game.

Highly emotional, loves playing the victim, tries to drum up support on Twitter on regular basis by making sweeping statements (Trump's recent social media ban notwithstanding), considers almost anyone who doesn't agree with his/her views as the enemy/disposable even if they are on the same political side, seems hell bent on breaking the establishment (draining the swamp), etc. 

The italicized describes Trump to a 't.'  It also describes AOC to a 't.'  I am shocked that some do not see it, but I guess I shouldn't be. 

fatguyinalittlecoat said:
In terms of generating enthusiasm and using social media I can see it.  But in a lot of other ways they seem like complete opposites.
She is also extremely inflamatory and spews a lot of untruth.  She is a harsh partisan who is uncompromising and refuses to acknowledge neuances in positions.  She creates an us vs. them universe.  She actually has a quicker mind than Trump, but imploys simpleton logic and is unable to grasps bigger concepts.  She is Trump.  

She is also extremely inflamatory and spews a lot of untruth.  She is a harsh partisan who is uncompromising and refuses to acknowledge neuances in positions.  She creates an us vs. them universe.  She actually has a quicker mind than Trump, but imploys simpleton logic and is unable to grasps bigger concepts.  She is Trump.  
Feed the followers what they want.....get more followers, and become more emboldened....and so it goes.

Feed the followers what they want.....get more followers, and become more emboldened....and so it goes.
You never hear a thing from her unless she feels she was wronged, then its over the top dramatic.  She would be the person betting the don't come at the craps table when everyone is winning.  Just a miserable person.

She deserves an Oscar.
Lol. At least she outed her own story as false regarding the narrow escape of an assassination attempt. 

The person that came to kill her? Yeah, it was just a police officer telling her to go to another building. 

"Where is she?!"
When someone comes out saying they were a victim of sexual assault, claining they deserve an oscar or laughing at them, is not a good look.

Way to twist something around as usual.  She deserves an Oscar for her dramatic Jan 6th performance.  No one claimed she deserves an Oscar if she was sexually assaulted.  But you do you, Bucky
Perhaps you should let Norville defend himself. You sure do seem to attaxcj sho nuff for his board cop shtick, perhaps you should look in the mirror a bit friend

So you know that Norville wasn't speaking about her sexual assault claim? How could you possibly know that?
Common sense?

Because the majority of the thread recently is about her 1/6 claims?  

He never referenced a sexual assault?  How about you explain why you jumped to that conclusion and likely falsely accused a poster of that? 

Way to twist something around as usual.  She deserves an Oscar for her dramatic Jan 6th performance.  No one claimed she deserves an Oscar if she was sexually assaulted.  But you do you, Bucky
Oh, this is Bucky? I was about to opine the other day that Dawgtrails had a particular odiousness about him, and one can see exactly the lineage, I guess. I thought of Bucky86 the other day in passing, not missing him one whit in our conversations about politics. What a hack!

Common sense?

Because the majority of the thread recently is about her 1/6 claims?  

He never referenced a sexual assault?  How about you explain why you jumped to that conclusion and likely falsely accused a poster of that? 
The biggest take a way from her IG live was that she came out as being a victim of sexual assault. It was headlines everywhere. When someone comes in shortly after that, and just writes "she deserves an Oscar" forgive me for being skeptical that it was about anything else

When someone comes out saying they were a victim of sexual assault, claining they deserve an oscar or laughing at them, is not a good look.
She claimed she barely survived an assassination attempt the day of the riots and that she couldnt tell all the details because of security protocols. 

That was clearly a lie and she now debunked her own lie. That will always be funny to me for outing herself and worthy of criticism for lying. 

Your attempt to make it an emotional thing to take away from that is just misdirection.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

So after all these dramatic stories  of AOC hiding in her bathroom in fear for her life from the rioters with several close encounters and accusing Ted Cruz of trying to have her murdered......It turns out AOC was not even in the Capitol building during the riots, but down the street in the Cannon building. 

AOC is the new Jussie Smollett.  What a piece of work.

🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread