Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread

50 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Like I said some time ago, she is the face of the party.  Enjoy.

And like I have said...she is not the face of the party.  She is the one the right is trying to make the face of the party.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If that’s the case he can do what I said.   He’s doing this instead because he knows she can’t say yes or every dog-whistling idiot with a fan base would feel like they could buy their way onto t

Yea, making sure everyone has access to healthcare is just as disgusting as white supremacy.  

Republican Rep. Ted Yoho on Saturday resigned from the board of the Christian anti-poverty organization Bread for the World days after he verbally attacked Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

9 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Here is some of the bs AOC spewed...

ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ: I had a pretty traumatizing event happen to me. And I do not know if I can even disclose the full details of that event due to security concerns. But I can tell you that I had a very close encounter where I thought I was going to die.

What was the traumatizing event?  A police officer came by to check that she was ok.  The whole story is framed with one lie after another.  In what universe is a police officer checking on you an event she can't disclose?  And how is that a traumatzing event that she babbles on about for 10 minutes about.  Nothing but a lying drama queen.

What’s funny is backing up Mace on this issue.  Cause Mace has been exposed as a liar.  She stated she was evacuated, that she had barricaded herself in her own office and that she was fearful for retaliation due to voting to certify election results.

and now she sees there’s some publicity in calling out AOC - when she had a very similar experience

• Like 1

Twitter..Twitter..Twitter...this all could have been avoided if she had not tweeted about Ted Cruz after he offered to help..she could have declined in private. Now all the wasted hours telling stories, then making Instagram movies.  "Look at me I am rejecting Ted Cruz`s help because he tried to have me killed!" it is really is getting insane.

Edited by Summer Wheat

From CNN political fact checker Daniel Dale:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1357527080993497089

Ocasio-Cortez said “Trump supporters” planted the bombs nearby; that hasn’t been proven. And while her claim that Cruz bears responsibility for the violence is fair enough, there’s no evidence for the claim he was “trying” to get her murdered:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/04/politics/fact-check-aoc-capitol-attack-photo-shoot-office-building-police-officer-cruz/index.html

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

From CNN political fact checker Daniel Dale:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1357527080993497089

Ocasio-Cortez said “Trump supporters” planted the bombs nearby; that hasn’t been proven. And while her claim that Cruz bears responsibility for the violence is fair enough, there’s no evidence for the claim he was “trying” to get her murdered:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/04/politics/fact-check-aoc-capitol-attack-photo-shoot-office-building-police-officer-cruz/index.html

Shes clearly over the top here. And yet as @fatguyinalittlecoatpointed out, it’s an emotional response that seems totally understandable. 
Calling her a drama queen is a pretty bad look IMO, because it diminishes what actually happened. I really don’t think some of you realize yet how terrible 1/6 was, how awful it could have been. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And like I have said...she is not the face of the party.  She is the one the right is trying to make the face of the party.

False- CNN was first with the anointment,  then a Rolling Stone cover shoot.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/27/politics/gallery/alexandria-ocasio-cortez/index.html

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Shes clearly over the top here. And yet as @fatguyinalittlecoatpointed out, it’s an emotional response that seems totally understandable. 
Calling her a drama queen is a pretty bad look IMO, because it diminishes what actually happened. I really don’t think some of you realize yet how terrible 1/6 was, how awful it could have been. 

I’m surprised others haven’t gone to the media and shared their anguish.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, FairWarning said:

False- CNN was first with the anointment,  then a Rolling Stone cover shoot.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/27/politics/gallery/alexandria-ocasio-cortez/index.html

CNN article "A" new face...not "the Face of"

You see how that is a different take, right?  I would agree she is a new face of...not "the" face of.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I mostly agree. I think she’s an attention seeker of the highest order, but I have no doubt that her fears were real on 1/6.  I’m sure she is exaggerating for effect and pity, but I don’t doubt her fears being legit. 

However, her comments about Cruz are not reasonable at all. Unless you have proof, accusing a fellow congressperson of trying to have you murdered is completely unacceptable. And I think less of Cruz than probably any current politician in America (I’ll leave it at that since I don’t feel like getting banned for calling him this or that), but her words are totally out of bounds. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, FairWarning said:

Do you believe that?

Outside of extremely unusual circumstances, the sitting POTUS is generally considered the face of their party.  It is typically more tricky to ascertain who the face of the opposition party is.

In this specific instance, I see no reason to believe Joe Biden isn't the face of the D party.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Oh good lord, she is the biggest attention monger drama queen in America.   She attacks people endlessly, then pulls the victim card out when she is called out.  Give me a ####### break.  You need evidence?

Video Clip One. AOC calling equating all her critics to sexual abusers.  

Video Clip Two.  AOC claiming she thought 'everything was over' and "I thought I was gonna die".  Reality was a police officer was checking to see if she was OK, and she turns it into some life altering experience.   There were no protesters anywhere close and the building was 100 percent secure.  She grossly exaggerated the whole event for publicity.   

Video Clip Three.  AOC saying "many many many members of Congress were almost killed"   What is funny is how well produced it is and the overly dramatic music added to the video.  The acting, the music, the production, the drama.  Good night, so ridiculous stupid propaganda.  The reality is there were nobody trying to kill members of congress.  After days and days of the media creating this picture, the truth is as the US attorney stated to the court, they had no evidence of any capture or kill teams inside the Capitol.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I mostly agree. I think she’s an attention seeker of the highest order, but I have no doubt that her fears were real on 1/6.  I’m sure she is exaggerating for effect and pity, but I don’t doubt her fears being legit. 

However, her comments about Cruz are not reasonable at all. Unless you have proof, accusing a fellow congressperson of trying to have you murdered is completely unacceptable. And I think less of Cruz than probably any current politician in America (I’ll leave it at that since I don’t feel like getting banned for calling him this or that), but her words are totally out of bounds. 

Yes they’re unreasonable. But still understandable. He promoted a lie and that lie led to her life being threatened. And he knew it was a lie, he knew exactly what he was doing. 

1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

Oh good lord, she is the biggest attention monger drama queen in America.   She attacks people endlessly, then pulls the victim card out when she is called out.  Give me a ####### break.  You need evidence?

Video Clip One. AOC calling equating all her critics to sexual abusers.  

Video Clip Two.  AOC claiming she thought 'everything was over' and "I thought I was gonna die".  Reality was a police officer was checking to see if she was OK, and she turns it into some life altering experience.   There were no protesters anywhere close and the building was 100 percent secure.  She grossly exaggerated the whole event for publicity.   

Video Clip Three.  AOC saying "many many many members of Congress were almost killed"   What is funny is how well produced it is and the overly dramatic music added to the video.  The acting, the music, the production, the drama.  Good night, so ridiculous stupid propaganda.  The reality is there were nobody trying to kill members of congress.  After days and days of the media creating this picture, the truth is as the US attorney stated to the court, they had no evidence of any capture or kill teams inside the Capitol.  

It’s a bad look, jon. So are your overall dismissal and continual attempts to minimize what happened and to blame the media. It’s a false narrative. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Yes they’re unreasonable. But still understandable. He promoted a lie and that lie led to her life being threatened. And he knew it was a lie, he knew exactly what he was doing. 

I have no doubt. I have a natural distrust for all politicians, and even by my low bar, Cruz is still the lowest of the low. I wouldn’t shed a tear if he got hit by a bus today. Yes, he promoted the nonsense about the election being stolen, but accusing a fellow congressperson without proof is dangerous and unacceptable. Stuff like that is why she is becoming the Trump of the left. Like Trump, she has diarrhea of the mouth and will say anything regardless of how many unacceptable it might be. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, timschochet said:

It’s a bad look, jon. So are your overall dismissal and continual attempts to minimize what happened and to blame the media. It’s a false narrative. 

It is a bad look for her.  She sets up these situation and creates drama.  Like when she went to the 'concentration' camps were the illegal immigrants were being held.  Before she even got there, she had them film her with tears in her eyes posing pretending like she was seeing something dramatic.  She was out in the parkling lot and could not see anything.  She is a drama queen.

• Like 2

The double standards and the unequal justice in this country has gone off the rails.  That St. Louis couple who were in fear when an armed BLM mob trespassed through their neighborhood, they had no right to be in fear.  In fact they were racists and charged with a  felony count of unlawful use of a weapon.  A felony for having a reasonable fear and believing their home and security might be in danger.  AOC on the other hand was nearly a half mile away from any protestors, and we have to buy into her fear with out question and be understanding.  The race/color/political filter of how events are judged and reported in this country has become absolutely disgusting.  Everybody gets judged differently depending on the race or politics.  How did we come to this?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Outside of extremely unusual circumstances, the sitting POTUS is generally considered the face of their party.  It is typically more tricky to ascertain who the face of the opposition party is.

In this specific instance, I see no reason to believe Joe Biden isn't the face of the D party.

I think the disconnect with some here is that Donald Trump is/was the face of the republican party. He was most certainly not the most conservative person in the party, but he was the most outrageous and outspoken. Thus, some can't imagine someone as boring as Joe Biden being the face of the opposing party. They think it must be the most outrageous and outspoken because that is all they know.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

The double standards and the unequal justice in this country has gone off the rails.  That St. Louis couple who were in fear when an armed BLM mob trespassed through their neighborhood, they had no right to be in fear.  In fact they were racists and charged with a  felony count of unlawful use of a weapon.  A felony for having a reasonable fear and believing their home and security might be in danger.  AOC on the other hand was nearly a half mile away from any protestors, and we have to buy into her fear with out question and be understanding.  The race/color/political filter of how events are judged and reported in this country has become absolutely disgusting.  Everybody gets judged differently depending on the race or politics.  How did we come to this?

No need to embellish. Her office is less than 900 feet from the SE corner of the Capitol

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, Rich Conway said:

Lets see...selected by the party to run and be more moderate to ensure removing Donald Trump (yes...he was and still is the face of the Republican Party).

Id say yes...the people have made him "the face" of the party.

Just now, sho nuff said:

Lets see...selected by the party to run and be more moderate to ensure removing Donald Trump (yes...he was and still is the face of the Republican Party).

Id say yes...the people have made him "the face" of the party.

The face of the Democratic party is tricky to figure out because Joe Biden is a lame duck and he's very old and very much a centrist placeholder. That's really a unique thing, and the situation people find themselves in w/r/t trying to figure out who the face of the party is unique because of it. I'd say it's still Barack Obama, but among active politicians, it's probably Pelosi (despite her age) or AOC. But what do I know?

13 hours ago, timschochet said:

Thank you. As I wrote her account seems very believable. And the people attacking her sound very much like the ones who attacked Blasey Ford, who also gave very believable testimony. 

Neither one was believable and, in fact, there was either ZERO evidence provided or evidence to the contrary.  :shrug:

4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

The face of the Democratic party is tricky to figure out because Joe Biden is a lame duck and he's very old and very much a centrist placeholder. That's really a unique thing, and the situation people find themselves in w/r/t trying to figure out who the face of the party is unique because of it. I'd say it's still Barack Obama, but among active politicians, it's probably Pelosi (despite her age) or AOC. But what do I know?

Id think it is currently Biden...again, the inauguration was not that long ago.  

Id say Harris is a bigger face at the moment than AOC as well.  Pelosi sure...her power in the party is hard to deny.

I don't think being outspoken (and often just loud and obnoxious) make someone the face of the party.

I think Obama could be...but he doesn't want to be.  Which is why he continues to avoid being in that type of spotlight. 

Of course Biden is the face of the party. He has a good chance to be more than that. If he can successfully navigate us out of the current crisis, he may go down in history as one of our great Presidents, certainly the best one of the 21st century up to this point. 

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Id think it is currently Biden...again, the inauguration was not that long ago.  

Id say Harris is a bigger face at the moment than AOC as well.  Pelosi sure...her power in the party is hard to deny.

I don't think being outspoken (and often just loud and obnoxious) make someone the face of the party.

I think Obama could be...but he doesn't want to be.  Which is why he continues to avoid being in that type of spotlight. 

All these are fair points. I guess I can just see where others would disagree with Biden being the face. "The face" usually implies a future longer than four years and is also, not just in longevity and for longevity's sake, a person who truly is a window into the party. It all depends how you frame the party whether Biden is its true soul or whether AOC is.

I'd probably pick Biden, though the AOC types get a lot more media run, which really has become a problem in American politics. This sensationalism, I mean, not the leftist media bias.

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Of course Biden is the face of the party. He has a good chance to be more than that. If he can successfully navigate us out of the current crisis, he may go down in history as one of our great Presidents, certainly the best one of the 21st century up to this point. 

Barack Obama is and will always be the most important and most sought-after president of the 21st century. It's not even close. History will prove him right on many things, wrong on many things, but his importance will supersede Joe Biden by tenfold when all is said and done. 

Edited by rockaction
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Barack Obama is and will always be the most important and most sought-after president of the 21st century. It's not even close. History will prove him right on many things, wrong on many things, but his importance will supersede Joe Biden by tenfold when all is said and done. 

He didn’t have to deal with COVID. 

1 hour ago, Rich Conway said:

Unfortunately I know the face of the right, I’m not lovin’ it.

8 minutes ago, Mile High said:

My guess is AOC wouldn't even be the repersentive from a lot  of current Democratic districts. 

I don't know, man.  Every election the far-left contingent of the Democrat Party gets bigger and bigger.  That tells me the liberals are getting more radicalized at worst or just ignorant of history at best.

2 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I don't know, man.  Every election the far-left contingent of the Democrat Party gets bigger and bigger.  That tells me the liberals are getting more radicalized at worst or just ignorant of history at best.

Maybe it just tells us that gerrymandering is getting more prevalent and successful?

7 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Just want to say that half of the city is not connected by tunnels. Unless you mean Metro and utilities, which would require very detailed mapping to access and navigate. Pedestrian tunnels? No.

I think most of Congress is connected to the sewers.  That's where most of the rats live anyways.  ;)

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, rockaction said:

All these are fair points. I guess I can just see where others would disagree with Biden being the face. "The face" usually implies a future longer than four years and is also, not just in longevity and for longevity's sake, a person who truly is a window into the party. It all depends how you frame the party whether Biden is its true soul or whether AOC is.

I'd probably pick Biden, though the AOC types get a lot more media run, which really has become a problem in American politics. This sensationalism, I mean, not the leftist media bias.

See...that to me is not the face...but the "future" of the party.  That we could talk about if AOC or her type is the future. Or do the moderates continue to hold control of the party.

Similarly to is Trump/MTG the type for the future of the GOP.  Or do the moderates take back the party.

And agree that more people see the sensationalism...the louder the person, the more run they get through media and social media.

13 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Lol...outraged?  What are you talking about?  And why would you care and why are you a huge hypocrit?  This is a discussion board.  Topics get discussed.  If this topic does not interest you then go to another topic.   But here you are getting all huffy about this and falsely projecting outrage.  Lol.  

Did you not even read your own post - the same one you made in TWO threads about this congresswoman - where you used more emojis than a teenage girl hopped up on Mountain Dew to accompany your outrage?  

I enjoy the comedy.  Keep it up.  The tears of your disdain for this lady are delicious to consume.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Maybe it just tells us that gerrymandering is getting more prevalent and successful?

Hey, I'm open to all suggestions!  From someone on the outside looking in, though, that's how it looks.

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

Stacey Abrams over Pelosi these days.

7 hours ago, Apple Jack said:

Just want to say that half of the city is not connected by tunnels. Unless you mean Metro and utilities, which would require very detailed mapping to access and navigate. Pedestrian tunnels? No.

The tunnel sysrem in DC including pedestrian is a lot bigger than you think.  There are extensive tunnel under Crystal City, Pentagon City, the Pentagon, the Cspitol Complex, and the White House amoung others.  There is a major effort to try to map out the entire city, but after over two years it is still not complete.  

What lies beneath DC? A lot more tunnels than you might think!

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

The tunnel sysrem in DC including pedestrian is a lot bigger than you think.  There are extensive tunnel under Crystal City, Pentagon City, the Pentagon, the Cspitol Complex, and the White House amoung others.  There is a major effort to try to map out the entire city, but after over two years it is still not complete.  

What lies beneath DC? A lot more tunnels than you might think!

You have a very strange way of admitting you are wrong.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

There was nothing wrong with what i said.  

No, you're wrong. You're always wrong.  You've never once been right.  On....anything. 

You're either a russian bot or just the.......

Wait a minute.  

You're Bueno, aren't you!  Ha!!!  I figured it out.  @buenowhy the alias? 

• Like 3
On 10/20/2020 at 11:11 PM, Grace Under Pressure said:

She’s pretty savvy when it comes to connecting with people where they are.

On 10/20/2020 at 11:58 PM, General Malaise said:

Tried to read that and understood maybe 3 or 4 of the words.  Can you explain this to me like I'm your grandfather who passed away in the 70s?  

ETA:  Big AOC fan, just not very tech savvy or gamer savvy or whatever. :wub::bag:

Sure, and apologies for not replying sooner.

AOC has a knack for connecting with people on social media and in real life.

A big part of her initial campaign when she was elected was going to people's apartment complexes and places of business and connecting with them where they live and work.

She's also quite adept at using social media platforms like IG, Twitter and even Twitch to connect with people online on these platforms, i.e. "where they are". She hosted a digital media class for other members of Congress this past week to help them use social media to better reach their constituents.

Maurile did a more effective job communicating this in fewer words. But I am happy to be replying to your post today.

9 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

AOC has a knack for connecting with people on social media and in real life.

A big part of her initial campaign when she was elected was going to people's apartment complexes and places of business and connecting with them where they live and work.

Almost like she was some sort of community organizer.