What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread (6 Viewers)

Not sure what someone's criminal record has to do with their level of intellect.  Want me to start listing "smart" people who have done some pretty nasty things?  How about Bill Ayers.  Do you consider him intellectually challenged?

As far as Boebert goes, she may be a high school dropout but she is a successful small business owner.  AOC may have graduated from a good university but apparently all it prepared her to do was become a bartender.  One with a delinquent tax bill owed to the city she represents:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-allegedly-on-hook-for-unpaid-seven-year-old-tax-bill-report
I do also enjoy the attempt to denigrate AOC for becoming a bartender while at the same time trying to defend the intelligence of Boebert.  So noble of you.

Uh, Lauren Boebert is a HS dropout who just got her GED last year so she could run for office.  If we're having a dunce-off, Beobert is 1.01 on the dimness scale.  

*NOTE:  THIS IS NOT A DIG OR MEANT TO INSULT ANYBODY - JUST FACTS.
Not insulting?  You LITERALLY called her a "dunce" and "dim".  Why is that?  Because she just got her GED?  Interesting.  So people who get their GEDs are dumb?  Is that what you're saying?

I guarantee you that if a Republican came out and said the exact same thing you just did about a democrat woman the USA would be on fire demanding his head.  Why is it okay for you to do it?

Please, explain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care that AOC parked illegally, but she drives a Tesla and was going to a Whole Foods, which is owned by Amazon.  Those are two companies she's had a lot of negative things to say about in the past.  You'd think she'd avoid companies she's had issues with in the past. 
How do we know that? She lives in the neighborhood. And we don't know how long she parked there and/or if this was a one time only occurrence or something she did regularly. 

I can't stand AOC and I have NO problem calling her out for parking illegally at a Whole Foods supermarket.  However it sounded like they were speculating it was her car and they never stated that she was the one that actually parked it there. 

Also on the bad deeds scale this has got to rank pretty low compared to what some of our other fine elected representatives are alleged to have done.
Just pointing out that "speculation", "a friend of a friend", "anonymous sources", "someone close to X" were all accepted as fact from 2016-2020 and NEVER questioned.

Why is "speculation" now not good enough?

Not insulting?  You LITERALLY called her a "dunce" and "dim".  Why is that?  Because she just got her GED?  Interesting.  So people who get their GEDs are dumb?  Is that what you're saying?

I guarantee you that if a Republican came out and said the exact same thing you just did about a democrat woman the USA would be on fire demanding his head.  Why is it okay for you to do it?

Please, explain.
I have explained.  :shrug:  Read the thread.

Correct, you had to drop and deflect your original statement about a pregnant woman having to drop out of school to have and care for her child so you moved on to other things like pork sliders.
And arrests....don't forget the multiple arrests and failing to appear in court because she didn't know what day it was.  Brilliant!

Bartender is a hard job....not sure why AOC is being mocked for it.  I couldn't do it.  I can't multi task.
I think she is mocked for it, because she has used it a lot.  I admire the hustle vs many in congress who was born with a silver spoon.  I am opposite of most of her stances, but wish we had more with her drive.

I think she is mocked for it, because she has used it a lot.  I admire the hustle vs many in congress who was born with a silver spoon.  I am opposite of most of her stances, but with we had more with her drive.
She's too radical for my tastes and some of her ideas are really bizarre, but I don't think she's dumb and agree with you that she does hustle.  

I waited tables in college and thought about bartending for a few minutes. The bartender there laughed when I mentioned this and told me to forget it.  He said "the first time you got super busy and a person ordered a frozen daiquiri, you'd lose it, man.".   And boy was he right.  To this day it takes me 20 minutes to make a bloody marry.  :bag:

She's too radical for my tastes and some of her ideas are really bizarre, but I don't think she's dumb and agree with you that she does hustle.  

I waited tables in college and thought about bartending for a few minutes. The bartender there laughed when I mentioned this and told me to forget it.  He said "the first time you got super busy and a person ordered a frozen daiquiri, you'd lose it, man.".   And boy was he right.  To this day it takes me 20 minutes to make a bloody marry.  :bag:
Frozen drinks suck, too time consuming.  Try working a wedding of 250 people with one other bartender during cocktail hour.  You'll have a whole new appreciation for bartending.  RIght after the wedding, EVERYONE needs a drink.

I tended bar for years and people who order frozen drinks during volume are the worst. :lol:  

Frozen drinks suck, too time consuming.  Try working a wedding of 250 people with one other bartender during cocktail hour.  You'll have a whole new appreciation for bartending.  RIght after the wedding, EVERYONE needs a drink.
If it was just beer and wine, I think I could swing it.  Mixed drinks? I'd be fired in seconds.

Save AOC's Abuela's Ancestral Home

$23,962 raised of $48,990 goal

Donate now

Matt Walsh is organizing this fundraiser.

Created 2 hours ago

Volunteer & Service

On June 2nd, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez reported to Twitter  that her dear abuela has fallen ill and continues to live in squalid conditions since her home was ravaged by Hurricane María.

One cannot be certain of the cost to repair grandma’s house, but surely most of the work could be completed for the price of AOC’s shiny Tesla Model 3.

As AOC pointed out  to us, we "don’t even have a concept for the role that [incredibly successful children of two American citizens…] play in their families," but clearly caring for their own grandparent isn’t part of it.

Says the congresswoman, “…instead of only caring for [my own grandmother] & letting others suffer, I’m calling attention to the systemic injustices…”

No, seriously. She really said that.

Sadly, virtue-signaling isn’t going to fix abuela’s roof. So we are.

Let’s all kick in to help save AOC’s abuela’s ancestral home. Any amount is appreciated, but the cost of a monthly lease payment on that Tesla is around $499…

All proceeds will be donated to abuela, if she will accept them.
Please consider donating to the cause.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-aocs-abuelas-ancestral-home

:no:

This is a joke GoFundMe set up by conservative host Matt Walsh to ridicule AOC and making light of comments by AOC last week about funds promised by Trump not being received forcing many Puerto Ricans to flee their ancestral homes (which are being taken over by developers) as they can't make the needed repairs.
So you're not going to help AOC's Grandma?  I understand it's a troll, but its a good cause troll. So support it and help those in need.

So you're not going to help AOC's Grandma?  I understand it's a troll, but its a good cause troll. So support it and help those in need.
I doubt her Grandma will see one penny of this. This was not requested nor authorized by AOC and without her knowledge or approval. It is a fake fundraising effort and I am hoping the GoFundMe folks shuts it down.

I doubt her Grandma will see one penny of this. This was not requested nor authorized by AOC and without her knowledge or approval. It is a fake fundraising effort and I am hoping the GoFundMe folks shuts it down.
So you think AOC's pride gets in the way of fixing her Grandma's house?

So you think AOC's pride gets in the way of fixing her Grandma's house?
Her Grandma won't see a penny, so the house won't get fixed. This is just a mean spirited fund raising attempt to ridicule AOC and what she stands for, not to help her Grandma or anyone else in Puerto Rico who needs funds for housing assistance.

AOC nor any other Democratic legislator would ever accept any funds under these circumstances.  

Her Grandma won't see a penny, so the house won't get fixed. This is just a mean spirited fund raising attempt to ridicule AOC and what she stands for, not to help her Grandma or anyone else in Puerto Rico who needs funds for housing assistance.

AOC nor any other Democratic legislator would ever accept any funds under these circumstances.  
spoken like a true liberal

“If we want to reduce violent crime, if we want to reduce the number of people in our jails, the answer is to stop building more of them,'” Ocasio-Cortez said during a Bronx event Thursday.    :loco:

Why is she still in congress. Her and the Squad should not have a say in our country. 
Because they were legitimately elected to serve in congress and have not done anything to be removed from office?

As citizens...they have as much of a say in this country as any other citizen...as they should. 

Is the Constitution a problem for you?

Because they were legitimately elected to serve in congress and have not done anything to be removed from office?

As citizens...they have as much of a say in this country as any other citizen...as they should. 

Is the Constitution a problem for you?
Like DT said Osmar should not have been allowed to run. 

“If we want to reduce violent crime, if we want to reduce the number of people in our jails, the answer is to stop building more of them,'” Ocasio-Cortez said during a Bronx event Thursday.    :loco:
Man I simply CANNOT WAIT for the debate between her and MTG.  :lol:

Epic.  Epic I SAY!

MTG is very smart and polished in politics. She sees both sides of the isle. She will destroy AOC. 
I have no earthly clue how you came to any of these conclusions. I'd happily spend some time linking innumerable sources that would shoot these statements down with extreme prejudice but we all know it would be a waste of time. Have a great weekend.

Ultimately this is part of the problem. I am not sure how we have healthy debate if one side is hell-bent on “destroying” the other side. 
One side?

And you know destroy in this context means soundly beat in the debate…not thinking it means destroy AOC’s life.

Users who are viewing this thread