Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread

JohnnyU

6 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I like your analogy, but you're off with Joe Biden.  He won the Superbowl.  He's like a Trent Dilfer except he didn't have a great defense.  Instead, the Detroit Lions managed to sneak into the playoffs with a 4-12 record and somehow went on a run, only to lose to Biden and the Ravens.

You are avoiding the main point - AOC doesn't become a front runner because she is so dynamic and beloved by the people and her own Party apparatus, she can become a front runner because there is no one left.

So start naming people you think can practically win the DNC ticket in 2024.

Keep in mind actual POTUS contenders typically don't come out of nowhere. There is usually a progression. Sometimes you'll get someone who is an outlier to politics but not an outlier to social status ( i.e. former coach Tommy Tuberville or former astronaut Mark Kelly) but that is a rare exception to the rule.

Find me a better QB1 to put on the depth chart and I'd be happy to move to your position if you can find one that has a legitimate practical pathway.

You want to tell me that I'm wrong. Fine. I'm OK with people disagreeing with me. I'm glad people disagree with me. But now you have to specify on your actual disagreement.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

You are avoiding the main point - AOC doesn't become a front runner because she is so dynamic and beloved by the people and her own Party apparatus, she can become a front runner because there is no one left.

Keep in mind actual POTUS contenders typically don't come out of nowhere. There is usually a progression. Sometimes you'll get someone who is an outlier to politics but not an outlier to social status ( i.e. former coach Tommy Tuberville or former astronaut Mark Kelly) but that is a rare exception to the rule.

Find me a better QB1 to put on the depth chart and I'd be happy to move to your position if you can find one that has a legitimate practical pathway.

You want to tell me that I'm wrong. Fine. I'm OK with people disagreeing with me. I'm glad people disagree with me. But now you have to specify on your actual disagreement.

I agree with you that the Dems are sadly lacking in a really charismatic candidate.  They do not have a Nikki Haley type that everyone could get behind.  One of my favorites is Klobuchar, but she probably doesn't have widespread appeal.  I'm not sure what they will do in 2024.  But 3 years is an eternity in politics, so you never know.

16 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

I think Mark Kelly is my QB1. Haven’t figured out who to pair him with.  He should carry Arizona and brings the military background. He is smart and I don’t think Trump is dumb enough to go after his wife. 

6 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I agree with you that the Dems are sadly lacking in a really charismatic candidate.  They do not have a Nikki Haley type that everyone could get behind.  One of my favorites is Klobuchar, but she probably doesn't have widespread appeal.  I'm not sure what they will do in 2024.  But 3 years is an eternity in politics, so you never know.

Klobuchar.  Lol.  She’s just a press conference away from telling us about that one time at band camp.  So boring.

5 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

It doesn't actually work that way.

Trump was a political outsider but not a status outsider. He had decades of national fame and wealth and was naturally entrenched with all the major players who delve in and around high level political issues.

Trump essentially comes from the same political category as Oprah Winfrey, The Governator, Jesse Ventura, Al Franken, etc, etc.

Trump had already proven he could enter the national daily media cycle at will. And, as one of  the few pluses, he didn't have a political history to use against him. Someone like  Ron De Santis or Gavin Newsom actually have to answer for any baggage while they held some kind of governance position.

You are also not factoring in that AOC would likely lose in 2024 and that would be a boon to establishment Democrats. It would give them the virtue signaling of being "progressive" without the real cost. AOC would be branded a "loser" by the Party apparatus later as a reason not to support her again. It would buy the DNC time and help wipe out one of their biggest internal threats. The problem is AOC is heavy M4A and that would be her core platform. And nothing on Earth will allow the current Party establishment to risk the ego of Barack Obama losing the ACA as his personal "legacy"

There is actually decent strategy for establishment Democrats to send AOC up there to be a designated human political punching bag. Because who are we kidding here, AOC would get run over in any debate. Nikki Haley would look like she's reciting Glengarry Glen Ross as if she was prime Al Pacino in a head to head debate against AOC.

No one wants to hear this, but AOC, while not being stupid, is actually multiple levels of straight up dumb. That's not partisan, that's not being bigoted, that's not being racist. That's an evaluation from a retired Tier 1 black bag media operative. She's dumb and multiple debates will cause a type of self implosion that both the GOP and establishment Democrats will both want.

But the risk is she might actually win. At the end of True Romance, the dunce played by Michael Rappaport threw up the big suitcase of coke as a distraction and ran off and survived while everyone else was gunned down in a gigantic bullet festival. AOC might actually survive while the GOP and establishment Democrats keep gutting each other again and again.

While DNC HQ and the Obama regime might be OK with rather having the Republicans win rather than let a radical Progressive take POTUS, the special interests and big money donors behind them will not. There would be some resistance from Big Finance and Hollywood over Ilhan Omar getting massive power in lock step because of Anti Semetism, but that's not enough to fully sway them.

Anyone who cannot enter the national daily media cycle as of today will have zero chance to get the DNC ticket in 2024. That's an issue of logistics and pragmatism. Maybe you believe a rookie pitcher from Single A ball will show up and win the World Series, but no one else is going to believe that with you.

12 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Klobuchar.  Lol.  She’s just a press conference away from telling us about that one time at band camp.  So boring.

That's actually a pretty horrible take on the situation. That has no basis in actual political strategy whatsoever

Klobuchar has three huge issues

1) She can't be fully controlled by the core of the establishment Democrats and DNC HQ. She operates in her own little personal fiefdom and is generally left alone by both parties. No one wants a fight with Klobuchar. If you can't be controlled, then you can't win the ticket ( re: Bernie Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard)

2) She is too difficult to replace on the critical committees she already runs. This is a logistical and personnel problem mostly. Sending her up to lose in 2024 begins to neutralize her existing power and could spark an internal conflict in the Party. She's too smart to accept being a human punching bag

3) She's the best chance at functional governance based on who is left in her Party and thus she is the establishment Democrat most likely to go to war with China. Xi and the CCP start their saber rattling and Klobuchar will just start launching missiles.

Most establishment Democrats would rather take the Eric Swalwell approach to the CCP.

The push for identity politics for so long is also a problem. She's guilty of not being a black lesbian Jew in a wheelchair with Tourettes and raising 3 adopted orphans while beating down the world with her Woman Studies degree. Some of you think I'm kidding. But what kind of dip #### kind of criteria do you think had to be in place for Kamala Harris to get picked?

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Nugget said:

I think Mark Kelly is my QB1. Haven’t figured out who to pair him with.  He should carry Arizona and brings the military background. He is smart and I don’t think Trump is dumb enough to go after his wife. 

Over time, Kelly could become something. But not by 2024. He's a mostly unknown quantity and, as thus, big money donors and backstage power brokers won't support him.

You can't get the big money you need if you can't be controlled. Sadly, that's just how it works.

The other problem is that if America is going to pick a "space guy", then why not Elon Musk? Part of the issue there is Musk is clearly a Conservative. Musk gets a bit of a pass from the current activist MSM because "genius" types are often considered novelties and are expected to be high maintenance/mercurial in nature.

The other issue is the military industrial complex loves Musk and will go to heavy lengths to protect him.

The danger for Mark Kelly is if he becomes the sort of politically stagnant archetype like a Dan Crenshaw. ( i.e. respected as a professional outside of politics and difficult to cancel, but can only go back to the well so many times on that one piece of foundation before people realize there's nothing else there. )

Kelly, as of now and through 2024, can't be controlled. It has to be someone that big special interests who are in the back shadows believe they can control completely. Kelly might be too ethical and too much of an outsider to fall in line to that. Point to note, that Kelly can choose to keep his ethics and survive somewhat politically is a function of being a novelty. Kind of like Charles Barkley can say just about anything he wants without being cancelled.

39 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

That's actually a pretty horrible take on the situation. That has no basis in actual political strategy whatsoever

Klobuchar has three huge issues

1) She can't be fully controlled by the core of the establishment Democrats and DNC HQ. She operates in her own little personal fiefdom and is generally left alone by both parties. No one wants a fight with Klobuchar. If you can't be controlled, then you can't win the ticket ( re: Bernie Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard)

2) She is too difficult to replace on the critical committees she already runs. This is a logistical and personnel problem mostly. Sending her up to lose in 2024 begins to neutralize her existing power and could spark an internal conflict in the Party. She's too smart to accept being a human punching bag

3) She's the best chance at functional governance based on who is left in her Party and thus she is the establishment Democrat most likely to go to war with China. Xi and the CCP start their saber rattling and Klobuchar will just start launching missiles.

Most establishment Democrats would rather take the Eric Swalwell approach to the CCP.

The push for identity politics for so long is also a problem. She's guilty of not being a black lesbian Jew in a wheelchair with Tourettes and raising 3 adopted orphans while beating down the world with her Woman Studies degree. Some of you think I'm kidding. But what kind of dip #### kind of criteria do you think had to be in place for Kamala Harris to get picked?

It wasn’t a “take” - it was my personal view of Klobuchar.

3 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

But we have Biden who is more boring now with Amy being more capable.

Edited by Summer Wheat
  • Thinking 1

On 11/20/2021 at 11:22 AM, BladeRunner said:
On 11/20/2021 at 11:17 AM, squistion said:

There is no way AOC will ever be the 2024 Democratic Party nominee. She is too far out of step and to the left of most Democrats, her nomination be another George McGovern type debacle in the Presidential race. 

The face of the new Democrat Party is out of step?  Wut?  I've got some bad news for you - SHE and people like her are what's coming for you in the near future.  They grow in numbers with every election as they will start to take over your party.

You might think she's cute now as you constantly fawn over her in here with your posts, but you're just a useful shill right now.  She's counting on people like you to put in her in power and once there, you'll no longer be useful.  You see, you're part of the problem and don't fit in her new world.  But she'll use you as stepping stones in the meantime.

Ignore her at your own peril.

No thank you

20 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

Over time, Kelly could become something. But not by 2024. He's a mostly unknown quantity and, as thus, big money donors and backstage power brokers won't support him.

You can't get the big money you need if you can't be controlled. Sadly, that's just how it works.

The other problem is that if America is going to pick a "space guy", then why not Elon Musk? Part of the issue there is Musk is clearly a Conservative. Musk gets a bit of a pass from the current activist MSM because "genius" types are often considered novelties and are expected to be high maintenance/mercurial in nature.

The other issue is the military industrial complex loves Musk and will go to heavy lengths to protect him.

The danger for Mark Kelly is if he becomes the sort of politically stagnant archetype like a Dan Crenshaw. ( i.e. respected as a professional outside of politics and difficult to cancel, but can only go back to the well so many times on that one piece of foundation before people realize there's nothing else there. )

Kelly, as of now and through 2024, can't be controlled. It has to be someone that big special interests who are in the back shadows believe they can control completely. Kelly might be too ethical and too much of an outsider to fall in line to that. Point to note, that Kelly can choose to keep his ethics and survive somewhat politically is a function of being a novelty. Kind of like Charles Barkley can say just about anything he wants without being cancelled.

Elon Musk was born in South Africa.  He's out.  

Mark Kelly will have 4 years in the Senate and can play the outsider card.  Gabby Giffords is a strong support and I think she could appeal to a lot who are looking for smart gun control reforms.   There is plenty of money for a candidate who can beat a populist, xenophobe type candidate.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nugget said:

Elon Musk was born in South Africa.  He's out.  

Mark Kelly will have 4 years in the Senate and can play the outsider card.  Gabby Giffords is a strong support and I think she could appeal to a lot who are looking for smart gun control reforms.   There is plenty of money for a candidate who can beat a populist, xenophobe type candidate.  

Does Kelly even want to be president? 

• 4 weeks later...

Question for the AOC critics:

Imagine you have a child in a public school who is taking 10th grade U.S. Government class.  If on the day before Christmas break the teacher decided to show a movie, do you think it would somehow be improper or partisan to show “Knock Down the House?”  If you do think this would be improper, would you feel the same about the RBG documentary or the Cory Booker documentary (Street Fight)?

10 hours ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Imagine you have a child in a public school who is taking 10th grade U.S. Government class.  If on the day before Christmas break the teacher decided to show a movie, do you think it would somehow be improper or partisan to show “Knock Down the House?”  If you do think this would be improper, would you feel the same about the RBG documentary or the Cory Booker documentary (Street Fight)?

I dont think the RBG documentary is a problem at all. I dont have an issue with the other ones either, but similar to what I told gslavakadisneyguy I wouldnt show it. 

A teacher showing a fluff piece about a current democrat is just not really smart(although I confess I dont know anything about the Cory Booker one).

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I dont think the RBG documentary is a problem at all. I dont have an issue with the other ones either, but similar to what I told gslavakadisneyguy I wouldnt show it. 

A teacher showing a fluff piece about a current democrat is just not really smart(although I confess I dont know anything about the Cory Booker one).

Thanks, I convinced my mentor teacher to show the Cory Booker one, it’s really good.  It’s a documentary about his first race for mayor of Newark when he’s running against the political machine guy that’s been mayor forever.

12 hours ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I think it's a great documentary, especially for 10th grade and especially for a Government class. Also, guess I need to check out the Booker documentary. I wish they made these on every candidate in every significant election. The Mitt Romney one was a high water mark imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

As some want this to be a sexless and/or genderless society, I believe "congressperson" is the proper terminology in 2021. :P

The irony is she knows she is dishy and uses that to help promote her celeb status. She drives teh fanboi's wild over at Reddit, they hang on every little tweet she does is magic, every little tweet just turns them on.

They don't even pay attention to a congresswoman who actually gets things done in Katie Porter. Maybe for reasons hypocritical and ironic.

• 2 weeks later...

@GoBirds

“She’s the face of the franchise. The clear future of your party. 

If you don’t want to accept that it’s on you. Let’s take to the appropriate thread if still in denial. Thanks. “

So to explain what she has done?

Your post was just more proclaiming she is the face?  I reject that without any such proof she is.  And once again, you present nothing more than your opinion and zero basis for it.

I say her lack of a real leadership role, legislation, committee chair…she has very little actual influence and power especially compared to others.  
She has a social media presence…thats about it.

That does not make her the face of the party…or that its the party of AOC or that she runs the party

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

So she took a vacation to a warm spot.  And gasp, she was maskless, outside while dining and enjoying a drink.

Whats the problem?

Direct Headline: AOC says she's going to keep wearing a face mask despite being fully vaccinated

By Morgan Phillips 5/15/21

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-keep-wearing-face-mask-despite-being-fully-vaccinated

Direct Headline: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Appears To Put Mask On for Photo Op in Viral Video

New video footage shows Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez putting on a face mask just before a group photo on the steps of the Capitol on Tuesday during a sit-in calling for an extension to the national moratorium on evictions.

By Darragh Roche On 8/4/21 at 6:07 AM EDT

https://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-mask-photo-op-viral-video-eviction-moratorium-1616017

TWEET: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez XX@XXAOC

93.2% of Texans aren’t fully vaccinated. The state just endured one disaster worsened by selfishness + denial of basic science, and now conditions are being set for another. Repealing the mask mandate now endangers so many people, especially essential workers & the vulnerable.

RE: The Associated Press XX@XXAP

BREAKING: Texas is lifting its mask mandate, making it the largest state to end an order intended to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Gov. Greg Abbott has faced sharp criticism from his party over the mandate, imposed eight months ago.

3:31 PM · Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1366894083051053062

No one trusts you if you aren't consistent. No one respects you if you aren't consistent. The larger your public profile, the more damage you can cause yourself if you aren't consistent.

AOC wants to criticize others regarding mask mandates, then she should set the right example. Virtue signaling and cooking the right image just for a photo op isn't being above reproach.

AOC's job is to represent the people in her district and all Americans. When you aren't setting an example, you self limit public trust, thus you aren't doing your job.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, sho nuff said:

So she took a vacation to a warm spot.  And gasp, she was maskless, outside while dining and enjoying a drink.

Whats the problem?

Direct Headline: The Problem With the Met Gala Wasn't AOC's Dress, It Was Pandemic Hypocrisy

Everybody has to wear masks except the rich and famous, apparently...For what it's worth, the museum's policy couldn't be clearer: All visitors ages two years and older are required to wear masks at all times, regardless of vaccination status. They are also expected to maintain six feet of distance from other people at all times.

Robby Soave 9.15.2021 3:00 PM

https://reason.com/2021/09/15/met-gala-aoc-covid-pandemic-hypocrisy/

AOC violates the law by accepting a "free ticket" to the Met Gala, then wears a dress that shouts out "Tax The Rich", while wearing a dress only the rich could afford, and then gets served by servants and wait staff who are masked while she prances around mask less, while battering everyone else all the time on social media about their failed COVID19 public policy responses.

The optics here are all ugly.

The only reason she's not been ripped to shreds in the media is the MSM leans mostly left and AOC spends more on social media ads than anyone in professional politics, thus she's "bought" literal immunity from Big Social Media, and by extension, most of Big Tech.

This situation in Florida creates a "stacked narrative", which mean each stupid choice compounds upon the previous one.

You can't serve the people in your district to the  best of your abilities if you've been labeled a tone deaf smug elitist hypocrite by actions strictly of your own doing.

3 hours ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

There is no problem. Florida is a wonderful red state with great policies that make her vacation possible.

Or Miami being an area with warm temps in the winter?

Also just found it funny they had to make a point to say she was maskless.   While dining outside.

Edited by sho nuff

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

Or Miami being an area with warm temps in the winter?

Also just found it funny they had to make a point to say she was maskless.   While dining outside.

It matters because aoc is a hypocrite.  She is on record for giving Cruz a hard time for his Cancun vacation during the Texas ice storm and most recently accusing  desantis of being on vacation during the recent crisis while she vacations.  So it ok for her to enjoy herself on vacation while other politicians can’t?  On note, desantis is not on vacation but holding his normal schedule while caring for his wife who is receiving cancer treatment.  

19 minutes ago, stlrams said:

It matters because aoc is a hypocrite.  She is on record for giving Cruz a hard time for his Cancun vacation during the Texas ice storm and most recently accusing  desantis of being on vacation during the recent crisis while she vacations.  So it ok for her to enjoy herself on vacation while other politicians can’t?  On note, desantis is not on vacation but holding his normal schedule while caring for his wife who is receiving cancer treatment.  

That was during the midst of an actual storm in his state. 
As for Desantis…governor vs house Representative?  Think there may be a difference there.  Though, yeah she should shut up about that.  But beyond a bit of hypocrisy…so what?  And let me know when any politician hasn’t acted hypocritical.

Its easy with her, I get that…but the right seems to overrate her influence.

13 hours ago, sho nuff said:

That was during the midst of an actual storm in his state. 
As for Desantis…governor vs house Representative?  Think there may be a difference there.  Though, yeah she should shut up about that.  But beyond a bit of hypocrisy…so what?  And let me know when any politician hasn’t acted hypocritical.

Its easy with her, I get that…but the right seems to overrate her influence.

No all are politicians are not hypocrites just the bad ones.  The difference is she starts meaningless fights via twitter over non- political events which shows her immaturity and vile for anyone that doesn’t agree with her politically. If you are going to act like the bully don’t then produce a podcast or speech where you cry or use your sex or ethnicity as a shield.when your feelings get hurt   Imo, it fine to disagree publicly with someone over something political.  This is why she is loved and hated by many so she should own it.

Edited by stlrams

2 hours ago, stlrams said:

No all are politicians are not hypocrites just the bad ones.  The difference is she starts meaningless fights via twitter over non- political events which shows her immaturity and vile for anyone that doesn’t agree with her politically. If you are going to act like the bully don’t then produce a podcast or speech where you cry or use your sex or ethnicity as a shield.when your feelings get hurt   Imo, it fine to disagree publicly with someone over something political.  This is why she is loved and hated by many so she should own it.

AOC is much like Trump in personality type but with different views.  They have the same basic character flaws.

AOC is very thin skinned and defensive,  she must respond to anything said about her on 
Twitter just like Trump did.  The responses get more and more juvenile just like Trump.  

Basically both are what is wrong with politics today.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

AOC is much like Trump in personality type but with different views.  They have the same basic character flaws.

AOC is very thin skinned and defensive,  she must respond to anything said about her on 
Twitter just like Trump did.  The responses get more and more juvenile just like Trump.  

Basically both are what is wrong with politics today.

The difference is she has little power.  Despite some calling her the face of the party (and failing repeatedly to bring anything more than their own opinion that she is to back that up.

Not a committee chair anywhere. No legislation.   She has a social media presence is about it.

Compared to Trump…yeah she has trollish Twitter tendencies.  Thats about it.

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

The difference is she has little power.  Despite some calling her the face of the party (and failing repeatedly to bring anything more than their own opinion that she is to back that up.

Not a committee chair anywhere. No legislation.   She has a social media presence is about it.

Compared to Trump…yeah she has trollish Twitter tendencies.  Thats about it.

I did not say anything about what power she has.   Was comparing her personality type to Trump. 

Edited by Summer Wheat

Just now, Summer Wheat said:

I did not say anything about what power she has.   Was comparing her personality type to Trump.

Sure. It’s similar.  I was adding that is where then comparison ends though (in context of other recent discussions that were had)

14 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Sure. It’s similar.  I was adding that is where then comparison ends though (in context of other recent discussions that were had)

Yes, I agree.  But make no mistake she is striving for more power. Pelosi can`t stand her but things might change soon as Pelsoi is 82 and won`t be around much longer.

Edited by Summer Wheat

6 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Yes, I agree.  But make no mistake she is striving for more power. Pelosi can`t stand her but things might change sooin as Pelsoi is 82 and won`t be around much longer.

Yep.  As much as AOC cries like a baby about any criticism she gets (just like Trump, which is why I have called the liberal version of Trump for a while now), she loves the heat she gets from Fox and many conservatives as it keeps her name out there and helps her build her brand, rather than being a loud-mouthed low level Congresswoman with no power who isn't liked even all that much by much of her own party. As the old guard dies off in the years to come and the Democrat part moves more to the left, as one of the bigger younger names, she will become one of the party's biggest stars, assuming she doesn't get caught for a scandal.  It won't surprise me if she runs for president one day and wins.  And many on the right will ##### the live long day, oblivious to the fact that they are a big reason why she got there. 

Edited by Ghost Rider

AOC is the opposite of Trump.  She’s a self made success who pulled herself up by her bootstraps, overcoming obstacles to rise to leadership. Trump’s the opposite, he was born with a silver spoon and was given everything.  He has no idea what it feels like to struggle to pay bills and work labor intensive jobs to make ends meet. 

AOC was an unknown who ran a grassroots campaign knocking on doors and passing out flyers on street corners. You can disagree with her policy solutions, but there is no questioning her authenticity or her own beliefs in the political philosophy she advocates.  Does Trump have any political beliefs? 

I think the only way they are similar is in the anger they generate from those in the other party. 

9 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

AOC is the opposite of Trump.  She’s a self made success who pulled herself up by her bootstraps, overcoming obstacles to rise to leadership. Trump’s the opposite, he was born with a silver spoon and was given everything.  He has no idea what it feels like to struggle to pay bills and work labor intensive jobs to make ends meet. 

AOC was an unknown who ran a grassroots campaign knocking on doors and passing out flyers on street corners. You can disagree with her policy solutions, but there is no questioning her authenticity or her own beliefs in the political philosophy she advocates.  Does Trump have any political beliefs? 

I think the only way they are similar is in the anger they generate from those in the other party. 

I agree 100% they had different background as most of us have.

Opposite in how they were raised but character comparisons and flaws can be similar regardless of  backgrounds.

#1 thing they both have in common is they both are very thin skinned and unable to take any type of negative comments without lashing out. Narcissists are thin skinned and they both very much are.

Take politcal views out of the equation and they both share very many of the same personality traits.

It is not an insult. It is just how some people are.   I kept blaming AOCs outbursts on her age but they still continue.  Trump can`t stop either. It is just in them.

• Like 1

The real fun with AOC and The Squad begins when Pelosi steps aside...at her age (she will be 82 in March) the end is near and it could happen if the dems get beat-up badly in the mid-terms...I 100% expect AOC and the Squad to make a big power-play in this scenario and at that point you will know what direction the party is headed which if she has her way is deep left...I fully expect this to be fantastic political theater and get very ugly as I do not see her and her allies backing down one bit.

On 1/1/2022 at 8:50 AM, tommyGunZ said:

You're joking, of course.