What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread (8 Viewers)

Yea, he said she was a puppet candidate who didn't want to run.

That's not CT?

You know how she got to where she is, right?  I mean, you know the history behind that, right? 

If you did, then you wouldn't be posting what you're posting.  Jon is, in fact, 100% correct on how she got in the position to being elected.  There is an actual documentary on it.

You know how she got to where she is, right?  I mean, you know the history behind that, right? 

If you did, then you wouldn't be posting what you're posting.  Jon is, in fact, 100% correct on how she got in the position to being elected.  There is an actual documentary on it.
So she didn't want to run and was grabbed off the street?

Can I have a reasonable link to support this?

Yea, he said she was a puppet candidate who didn't want to run.

That's not CT?

I said it was not her plan to run, which it was not her plan.  That is different than saying she did not want to run.

You had the Justice Democrats who had 10,000 applications.  AOC did not even submit her application, her brother did.  She ran on their platform, utilizing their management, utilizing their fund raising.  She was a figure head for the organization, just like the other 12 candidates they ran.  This was a new way to elect candidates.  Certainly other people have been 'recruited', but there has never been more of a puppet candidacy with a cookie-cutter type campaign than what the Justice Democrats did.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I said it was not her plan to run, which it was not.  You had the Justice Democrats who had 10,000 applications.  AOC did not even submit her application, her brother did.  She ran on their platform, utilizing their management, utilizing their fund raising.  She was a figure head for the organization, just like the other 12 candidates they ran.  No, this was a new way to elect candidates.  Certainly other people have been 'recruited', but there has never been more of a puppet candidacy with a cookie-cutter type campaign than what the Justice League did.  
lol.  She was an activist who fit the bill a well funded group was looking for.  Non-white, non-male.  What's the devious ploy you're looking for here?  Is it unusual for candidates to be pushed forward?  Does she seem to not like the idea of being a congresswoman?

Her's is a story as old as time. 

https://time.com/longform/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-profile/

but there has never been more of a puppet candidacy with a cookie-cutter type campaign than what the Justice League did.  
They should have put up Hawkman or Green Lantern. I would have voted for one of them 

lol.  She was an activist who fit the bill a well funded group was looking for.  Non-white, non-male.  What's the devious ploy you're looking for here?  Is it unusual for candidates to be pushed forward?  Does she seem to not like the idea of being a congresswoman?

Her's is a story as old as time. 

https://time.com/longform/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-profile/

I never said it was a devious ploy.   I was making the point that it was more of an accomplishment of the Justice Democrats than it was AOC.  Yes she is pretty and can speak well, but she was a puppet for an organization whose goal it is is to create an army of Squad type congress critters.  

I never said it was a devious ploy.   I was making the point that it was more of an accomplishment of the Justice Democrats than it was AOC.  Yes she is pretty and can speak well, but she was a puppet for an organization whose goal it is is to create an army of Squad type congress critters.  
I disagree with the puppet nomenclature since she was already active in issues she cared about.

But I don't disagree with the rest.  That's how politics works in our country. 

I disagree with the puppet nomenclature since she was already active in issues she cared about.

But I don't disagree with the rest.  That's how politics works in our country. 

Not really.  I doubt if there was ever a reality show like nation-wide contest where they had over 10,000 applicants for.  It is usually someone they talk into running on a local level running on local issues financed by local people.  The scale, uniformity, national agenda are unique aspects of what the Justice Democrats did.  

She just made the perfect example of the situation we're in - this virus is mild if vaxxed. 

no

she made the perfect example of how the shots aren't good and how a healthy young woman isn't going to get covid bad anyway

the virus is mild in almost everybody who doesn't already have an underlying condition and in those people the shots MIGHT help some - maybe

no

she made the perfect example of how the shots aren't good and how a healthy young woman isn't going to get covid bad anyway

the virus is mild in almost everybody who doesn't already have an underlying condition and in those people the shots MIGHT help some - maybe
I find it interesting that if any media outlet mentions her having Covid, almost none mention her recent trip to Miami.   

Now, if that had been a republican, you all should admit it would have been handled quite differently.  The media sucks man.  It just does.

I wonder what she's doing Friday night,  I'd really like to date her.

Already booked for me.  I dislike her so much that I was able to get on the priority date list.  Maybe check Saturday to see if she has any openings?

Pro-Tip:  The more you dislike her, the higher up on the date list you get.

I find it interesting that if any media outlet mentions her having Covid, almost none mention her recent trip to Miami.   

Now, if that had been a republican, you all should admit it would have been handled quite differently.  The media sucks man.  It just does.

Our local CBS Fox 6 channel actually mentioned it.  They even showed video.  Good for them!

I get that it's funny to dunk on AOC, but this is all a non-story.  She went on vacation, picked up a mild bug, and will be fine in a few days after a little Netflix.  "So-And-So Tests Postive for Covid-19" at this point is approximately as newsworthy as "So-And-So Contracts Rhinovirus" which is to say not newsworthy at all.  

I get that it's funny to dunk on AOC, but this is all a non-story.  She went on vacation, picked up a mild bug, and will be fine in a few days after a little Netflix.  "So-And-So Tests Postive for Covid-19" at this point is approximately as newsworthy as "So-And-So Contracts Rhinovirus" which is to say not newsworthy at all.  

It's only newsworthy for the hypocrisy.  Yet another example of a politician with the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality.  Happens to all of them once they get in office.  

I agree it is not big deal, but just like Trump did on Twitter, Cortez brings much of this on herself being so thin skinned and the need to respond to everything on Twitter.

Most of the stuff said about Cortez and Trump would go away in a day or less with the 24-7 news cycle.  Yet when they get into a Twitter war it stays active so much longer.

SOmething like 40 or so from congress have had breakthrough infections since Summer.  Do they all get news reports on it?  Do they all get analyzed as to where they got it?  Did she get it there...I mean the drag show thing was 8 days ago.  She tested positive Sunday...

Even with that said drag show thing obviously a bad look maskless...absolutely terrible look for her given her other stances.  The first complaint though...when she was sitting at an ourdoor table without a mask was a ridiculous criticism.

She has to know she will be scrutinized more than others.  

SOmething like 40 or so from congress have had breakthrough infections since Summer.  Do they all get news reports on it?  Do they all get analyzed as to where they got it?  Did she get it there...I mean the drag show thing was 8 days ago.  She tested positive Sunday...

Even with that said drag show thing obviously a bad look maskless...absolutely terrible look for her given her other stances.  The first complaint though...when she was sitting at an ourdoor table without a mask was a ridiculous criticism.

She has to know she will be scrutinized more than others.  
Blah...My point stands.  If it was a republican it would have been completely different.  You will deny that, because that's what you do when it comes to democrats, but that's just you.  Your thoughts are of course appreciated.

Blah...My point stands.  If it was a republican it would have been completely different.  You will deny that, because that's what you do when it comes to democrats, but that's just you.  Your thoughts are of course appreciated.
There have been republicans testing positive...is it scrutinized where they may have gotten it?

As I said...she is going to get scrutinized more.  She has earned that...but seems there have been others testing positive and you see very little about it.  No matter if its R or D.

IDK, I take a different slant on it. Nothing around AOC is a non-story. 

I think it is rather convenient that she picked up Covid after her Florida vacation. Yes she got blow back for not wearing a mask, but she could spin that as "see, they are loose with their restrictions and look what happened?? This is why we need to stay vigilant here in NY! Thankfully b/c i'm double vaxxed and bostered it was a mild case." 

As I've admitted here before, I have very little (if not zilch) trust in any politician. IMO they would sell their grandmother into hard labor camps for airtime. With covid, they found the perfect boogieman...an invisible, constantly changing, seemingly random infection method bad guy who no one can prove exists or does not exist. She could be 100% healthy, but go into hiding for a few days and call it covid. Then she can attack DeSantis afterwards saying she got it from his wildly unprotected state and how dangerous it is for the nation. 

I felt the same way about when Trump got Covid. He goes away for 2 days and "whoa...look at how fast I recovered after taking this miraculous drug cocktail that states are not allowing in their hospitals". 

In times of trouble for this country we always had a visible bad guy. Right or wrong it was the Muslims after 9/11, Asians during WW2, etc. But with Covid, no one could see it, it was invisible, it could be anywhere, could a mask stop it, or not? What about gloves or what % of alcohol in your wipes?? It conditioned us to having to trust those who's stories keep changing. IMO they have created the perfect psychologic warfare opportunity here...does she have Covid? IDK, but like we talk about in the mental health thread, people can use these things as a crutch when convenient, and how dare you try and call them out on it. 

There have been republicans testing positive...is it scrutinized where they may have gotten it?

As I said...she is going to get scrutinized more.  She has earned that...but seems there have been others testing positive and you see very little about it.  No matter if its R or D.

Because she's constantly posting about Covid and how we need more masking and lockdowns and how Desantis is an idiot for keeping Florida open.  Then she goes on vacation to Florida and gets Covid right after.  It's the hypocrisy, not the person.

Dude...Stop  Seriously.  She was out partying in Miami.  THATS what I am talking about, but you keep doing you.   Least you are consistent.

Because she's constantly posting about Covid and how we need more masking and lockdowns and how Desantis is an idiot for keeping Florida open.  Then she goes on vacation to Florida and gets Covid right after.  It's the hypocrisy, not the person.
He knows this.   Trust me he knows this.   Hes just doing what he does.

Direct Headline: Aging baby boomers raise the risk of a long-term-care crisis in the U.S.

There are currently 14 million people receiving some form of long-term care. That number will double by 2050, according to estimates... About 70% of people over age 65 will need some form of long-term care before they die...The average annual cost of a private room in a nursing home was $102,000 in 2019...Research by the Insured Retirement Institute found that 45% of boomers have no retirement savings and more than a quarter of those who do have less than $100,000.

Andrew Osterland Mon, Nov 8 20218:30 AM EST

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/08/aging-baby-boomers-raise-the-risk-of-a-long-term-care-crisis-in-the-us.html

Direct Headline: Avoiding The Long-Term-Care Catastrophe

The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovations recently launched a pilot project to see whether home-based care could reduce the long term need for hospital visits among those 65 and older, and lower costs to Medicare. Over the first year of the project, nine out of the 17 participating sites reported combined savings of more than $25 million.

William A. Haseltine Sep 6, 2019,01:27pm EDT

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2019/09/06/avoiding-the-long-term-care-catastrophe/

It is more than a "non story"

AOC will one day be a POTUS contender. That's inevitable at this point. She is, right now, the best but slim hope that M4A will ever pass for the timeline under which many of you ( most of you are in your late 40s-50s) might see some positive benefit for your elderly parents, if they are still alive.

Part of the large issue for M4A is Long Term Care for the elderly. Andrew Cuomo basically turned nursing homes into death camps because it was financially beneficial for his Big Medicine/Big Pharma donors to do so.

AOC's flaunting behavior reduces her leverage for making M4A a reality. Which in turn impacts all Americans, including many parents, if still alive, of the people here. And long term all of you will be elderly one day too.

Have you actually seen what happens to elderly people who need extensive care and have no money and have no family left or family who abandoned them?

The push/pull of actual power in any society is that your decisions can save lives or end lives. Jeff Bezos or Warren Buffett or Elon Musk could have a bad morning and gut check some ill conceived decision and impact millions of lives within seconds. Impact them for the rest of those people's lives.

AOC has the largest social media platform in American politics. She can consider herself right on the edge of calling herself a digital native. She has an immediate inroads with millennials and younger generations of voters. She has a responsibility greater than violating campaign finance laws and taking a free expensive dress and snatch grabbing a 30K ticket to a gala where she hobnobs with elites while maskless while the servants and waiters and cooks and janitors are all masked at her beck and call.

It's not a big deal until people start dying. How about someone you love. Or how about someone that someone else here loves. AOC has the power to change public policy that can mean life or death for many people. Without M4A soon, lots of people could die while being choked out by our idiotic current health care system.

I have old man gangster FU money, so I know I can manage without the government for what little time left I have in this world. The rest of you though and your parents, if still around, might be in a different ballgame with that. I have more ability than probably nearly everyone here to say "So what, who cares" but I still refuse to say that.

Have you ever heard someone beg for their life? Have you ever heard someone beg to die? I have. It's not all that uncommon with the impoverished elderly. Most of you here don't see that because many of you exist in some smug tone deaf type of white collar over educated privilege.

AOC needs to act like a leader. It's the price she pays for the life she has chosen. Real leaders understand you don't get to make excuses. In order to set the pace, you must set the example.

Lots of people don't despise AOC because she's a Democrat, they despise her lack of leadership and her weakness. For those of you who don't believe that concept, go home tonight and cry to your wives and say you feel hopeless and you don't know what to do next. See how they treat you in three days. Those who don't learn how to despise weakness by default only learn how to become cannon fodder.

It's becoming painfully clear, after all my years away from these forums, that some of you, not all but far too many, have no actual concept of what real leadership means.

I wonder what she's doing Friday night,  I'd really like to date her.

The interesting thing here is her long time boyfriend, Riley Roberts, has absolutely zero political value for her.

All politicians gets threats. The more radical things you say and the more you use shock marketing, the more you accelerate those threats. For example, Lauren Boebert hammering down on Ilhan Omar will naturally raise the threat profile against Boebert. But not just Boebert, but her entire family.

Lashing out  in the national daily media cycle increases the threat profile for AOC's entire family and Riley Roberts and his family.

He can do nothing for her but she can repay that lack of benefit by making sure he gets more death threats. There are people who are against the vaccine, including some hard edge fringe radicals out there and they'd have no problem using this mask issue as justification for going over the edge.

Many of you have children. Have parents still alive. Have siblings and they have children of their own.

How would you enjoy it if you had a sibling who was in the public eye and said or did something completely unnecessary and now your children are getting death threats as a means to punish your sibling indirectly? It's called "bird dogging", which means trackers and spotters are used to follow brand name politicians and their families to see if they can catch them in public doing something stupid or scandalous to use against them. Do you think Gavin Newsom was just randomly caught at the French Laundry without a mask?

Any of you would like a couple of people with cameras taking pictures and videos of your kids in public as you are being followed in the hopes that they can catch your sibling in some kind of public scandal?

Every time AOC says something stupid and unnecessary and goes out of her way to incite fringe radicals, she self targets everyone she's ever loved.

news did report her going to FL and she responded with accusations of GOP sexually frustrating ..  remember ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10370329/AOC-shares-video-boyfriends-feet-reiterating-claim-Republicans-obsessed-them.html

'AOC is STILL lounging it up in Florida, in large crowds and maskless. This time at a Drag Queen bar in Miami. Rules for thee but not for me,' wrote right wing journalist Brendon Leslie.

'For those of you with zero sense of humor: the whole point of this post is to expose hypocrisy. We don’t actually care she’s maskless. We care she fear mongers about Florida but then has the audacity to vacation here,' he added. 

'AOC was spotted partying in a bar maskless in the great free state of Florida. Absolute hypocrite,' tweeted Twitter account Libs of TikTok. 

Hitting back, Ocasio-Cortez tweeted: 'If Republicans are mad they can't date me they can just say that instead of projecting their sexual frustrations onto my boyfriend's feet. Ya creepy weirdos.'

'It's starting to get old ignoring the very obvious, strange, and deranged sexual frustrations that underpin the Republican fixation on me, women,& LGBT+ people in general.'

She added: 'These people clearly need therapy, won't do it, and use politics as their outlet instead. It's really weird.'  

news did report her going to FL and she responded with accusations of GOP sexually frustrating ..  remember ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10370329/AOC-shares-video-boyfriends-feet-reiterating-claim-Republicans-obsessed-them.html

'AOC is STILL lounging it up in Florida, in large crowds and maskless. This time at a Drag Queen bar in Miami. Rules for thee but not for me,' wrote right wing journalist Brendon Leslie.

'For those of you with zero sense of humor: the whole point of this post is to expose hypocrisy. We don’t actually care she’s maskless. We care she fear mongers about Florida but then has the audacity to vacation here,' he added. 

'AOC was spotted partying in a bar maskless in the great free state of Florida. Absolute hypocrite,' tweeted Twitter account Libs of TikTok. 

Hitting back, Ocasio-Cortez tweeted: 'If Republicans are mad they can't date me they can just say that instead of projecting their sexual frustrations onto my boyfriend's feet. Ya creepy weirdos.'

'It's starting to get old ignoring the very obvious, strange, and deranged sexual frustrations that underpin the Republican fixation on me, women,& LGBT+ people in general.'

She added: 'These people clearly need therapy, won't do it, and use politics as their outlet instead. It's really weird.'  

She's so vapid and shallow.  And to think this is the future of the Democrat Party.  

Another tactic to shut down all conversation - just accuse your critics of being perverts.  

She's so vapid and shallow.  And to think this is the future of the Democrat Party.  

Another tactic to shut down all conversation - just accuse your critics of being perverts.  

it was overlooked on CNN ... but people did read it on some news networks

but yeah in a nutshell she's hammered everyone for not masking/vaccinating and Florida for their rules and blames non-shotted people for covid continuing then, goes to FL on vacation with no masks and gets covid and then blames Republicans for having a sexual fascination with her

she's wacko - and the face of the new Democratic party ? wow

Thanks, I was just going to ask how much she herself was harping on these things.  

Thanks, I was just going to ask how much she herself was harping on these things.  

I am curious if she has advocated wearing a mask in all public gatherings in jurisdictions where it is not legally required (which I assume is the case where she was in Florida). 

I am curious if she has advocated wearing a mask in all public gatherings in jurisdictions where it is not legally required (which I assume is the case where she was in Florida). 

AOC has advocated for YOU and everyone else to wear masks - just not her. 

But, I see you're searching for something, ANYTHING, to excuse her hypocrisy.  

AOC has advocated for YOU and everyone else to wear masks - just not her. 

But, I see you're searching for something, ANYTHING, to excuse her hypocrisy.  

At all times in public, even in cities or states where it is not legally required? (Somehow I doubt that). 

He knows this.   Trust me he knows this.   Hes just doing what he does.
Did you all both miss where I said she has earned the extra scrutiny?  And that it was dumb to be out for that crowded drag show.

And as usual, you never miss a chance to try and take a shot with that "doing what he does" stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread