Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Thread


JohnnyU

Recommended Posts

Just now, Maurile Tremblay said:

You could say "zero." That's what I would say to the latter question if somebody asked me.

No, I know exactly what Shapiro's views are on politics and an abbreviated view of Ocasio-Cortez.  That is why I think he would obliterate her in a debate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I feel like on an island by myself but I love it.

You are not, the regular group in here can’t get enough though and will repeat the same arguments for hours/days/years yelling with their ears plugged. You are on target. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dickies said:

He didn’t ask for someone on the left that you would most agree with. He asked who you consider a good debater

I would hope from the left side they have someone that has more to offer than Trump hate and Socialism.  That is why I would think someone that is a moderate democrat could save that party.  If for one minute you're thinking that Trump hate will get you bye then you're in la la land.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Sorry if I didn't refer to Jenner that is acceptable to you guys.  I honestly want to be politically correct on this, but I will not support an agenda that tries to make me refer to anyone other than what their true gender is.  I will respectfully refer to them personally as they wish however.  I'm sorry if that offends you, but I think you will find that most Americans feel the same as I do.

My opinion on this is not what's important.  Nor am I looking for political correctness. I'm looking for human f'n decency.  Yeesh.

 

Have some respect for others, this isn't about the law, not about PC, and not about me nor anyone else being offended.  If I'm offended by anything, it's that some people care so little about others.  And if most Americans care so little about others in this way, then we are even worse off than I imagined. And certainly no longer either a shining beacon on a hill, nor the world's greatest nation.  Because a great nation has respect for one another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I would hope from the left side they have someone that has more to offer than Trump hate and Socialism.  That is why I would think someone that is a moderate democrat could save that party.  If for one minute you're thinking that Trump hate will get you bye then you're in la la land.

They all do

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

My God man, retreat to your safe space.   The left needs to quit trying to dictate how we should think.

1. You are the one that appears to need the safe space. I'm merely asking for human decency. Sorry if that "offends" you.

2. If you call me "the left" again, I'll just come out and call you a liar, and lump you in with the others that like to toss around flat untruths.  I align to the left on some issues, to the right on others, am not a Democrat and haven't voted for one for president in well over a decade.

3. Regardless what I am, even if you want to stretch the truth and utilize misinformation tactics, I'm not telling you how to think. I'm not even telling you how to act. I'm suggesting that the way you insist on calling a woman "he" is rude, disrespectful and shows a lack of caring and humanity.  But you certainly have the right to think that, and even to act that way.

As we have the right to make assumptions on who and what you are at heart, by the actions and words you choose.  

 

 

FWIW, I find it laughable how those who call out others as either snowflakes, or needing a safe space, or whining, are the ones that seem to be employing those very tactics, themselves. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Officer Pete Malloy said:

How many debates have you seen featuring either of these two people?  Your answer should contain a number.

Cool.  Well, Shapiro is a talk show host and political analyst, not a candidate.  Yet Ocasio-Cortez is a candidate that has show her ignorance.  Shapiro simply asked her to debate him and he would give 10k to her campaign or charity.  My bet is that she doesn't want any part of him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Koya said:

1. You are the one that appears to need the safe space. I'm merely asking for human decency. Sorry if that "offends" you.

2. If you call me "the left" again, I'll just come out and call you a liar, and lump you in with the others that like to toss around flat untruths.  I align to the left on some issues, to the right on others, am not a Democrat and haven't voted for one for president in well over a decade.

3. Regardless what I am, even if you want to stretch the truth and utilize misinformation tactics, I'm not telling you how to think. I'm not even telling you how to act. I'm suggesting that the way you insist on calling a woman "he" is rude, disrespectful and shows a lack of caring and humanity.  But you certainly have the right to think that, and even to act that way.

As we have the right to make assumptions on who and what you are at heart, by the actions and words you choose.  

 

 

FWIW, I find it laughable how those who call out others as either snowflakes, or needing a safe space, or whining, are the ones that seem to be employing those very tactics, themselves. 

We knew who/what he is from the jump to be honest. Social media is littered with people like him. They like to hang out in the dark corners of 4chan.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Cool.  Well, Shapiro is a talk show host and political analyst, not a candidate.  Yet Ocasio-Cortez is a candidate that has show her ignorance.  Shapiro simply asked her to debate him and he would give 10k to her campaign or charity.  My bet is that she doesn't want any part of him.

You were requesting no rambling and to be direct to the point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Koya said:

1. You are the one that appears to need the safe space. I'm merely asking for human decency. Sorry if that "offends" you.

2. If you call me "the left" again, I'll just come out and call you a liar, and lump you in with the others that like to toss around flat untruths.  I align to the left on some issues, to the right on others, am not a Democrat and haven't voted for one for president in well over a decade.

3. Regardless what I am, even if you want to stretch the truth and utilize misinformation tactics, I'm not telling you how to think. I'm not even telling you how to act. I'm suggesting that the way you insist on calling a woman "he" is rude, disrespectful and shows a lack of caring and humanity.  But you certainly have the right to think that, and even to act that way.

As we have the right to make assumptions on who and what you are at heart, by the actions and words you choose.  

 

 

FWIW, I find it laughable how those who call out others as either snowflakes, or needing a safe space, or whining, are the ones that seem to be employing those very tactics, themselves. 

I'm not offended at all.  I respect your views on left and right because I too don't align with one side or another.  While I lean conservative, I do believe a women has the right to abortion and I do believe in evolution..   As far as trans gender goes, if a man wants me to call him a women I have no problem with that.  What I do have a problem with is those who want to make it law. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Cool.  Well, Shapiro is a talk show host and political analyst, not a candidate.  Yet Ocasio-Cortez is a candidate that has show her ignorance.  Shapiro simply asked her to debate him and he would give 10k to her campaign or charity.  My bet is that she doesn't want any part of him.

Mods: how is this not trolling?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We knew who/what he is from the jump to be honest. Social media is littered with people like him. They like to hang out in the dark corners of 4chan.

 

Well, as he was a new participant here in this subforum, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.  But his own words seem pretty clear.  

And he's entitled to those thoughts, and that speech - just as we are entitled to point out the underlying realities of both.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I'm not offended at all.  I respect your views on left and right because I too don't align with one side or another.  While I lean conservative, I do believe a women has the right to abortion and I do believe in evolution..   As far as trans gender goes, if a man wants me to call him a women I have no problem with that.  What I do have a problem with is those who want to make it law. 

You say this, but literally have contradicted it at every turn.  You insisted on saying he.  Once you said he/she I believe.  

NO ONE WANTS TO MAKE IT THE LAW.  Can you point toward that, or is it just misinformation or just a flat lie you pulled from the air? Because I for one want no part of the gov't dictating your speech, even if you insist on using speech that is disrespectful to others. 

So, let's be clear and then we can close this component - do you apologize and retract calling Jenner "he" and are you now willing to call her by the appropriate pronoun, as a sign of respect for her, not at all any reflection on your beliefs, nor mine - and in the future, will indeed refer to her as, well, he/she?

If so, we've made progress and I'd certainly respect your change in tactics and language. But enough of this red herring that the gov't is going to dictate what pronouns you should use... you SHOULD be considerate enough to respect others' wishes, but that's not the gov'ts role, either way - and I've seen NO one suggest it should be (on this board at least)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

safe space needed?

I did not think you had been trolling until now (even if I obviously took issue with much of what you said, and moreso, you apparent tact in saying it).

However, just reiterating "safe space needed" is quite reminiscent of troll like behavior, and I think you can do better than that. (and honestly, suich tactics suggest you might be the more easily offended and overly sensitive one in the room)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Koya said:

You say this, but literally have contradicted it at every turn.  You insisted on saying he.  Once you said he/she I believe.  

NO ONE WANTS TO MAKE IT THE LAW.  Can you point toward that, or is it just misinformation or just a flat lie you pulled from the air? Because I for one want no part of the gov't dictating your speech, even if you insist on using speech that is disrespectful to others. 

So, let's be clear and then we can close this component - do you apologize and retract calling Jenner "he" and are you now willing to call her by the appropriate pronoun, as a sign of respect for her, not at all any reflection on your beliefs, nor mine - and in the future, will indeed refer to her as, well, he/she?

If so, we've made progress and I'd certainly respect your change in tactics and language. But enough of this red herring that the gov't is going to dictate what pronouns you should use... you SHOULD be considerate enough to respect others' wishes, but that's not the gov'ts role, either way - and I've seen NO one suggest it should be (on this board at least)

No, Jenner is a he.  That is biologically a fact.  However, if I were to meet  him/her, I would refer to that person in the pronoun he/she she's fit.  I would respect that.  However, if any legislation tried to make me do that I would have a problem with it.

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Koya said:

I did not think you had been trolling until now (even if I obviously took issue with much of what you said, and moreso, you apparent tact in saying it).

However, just reiterating "safe space needed" is quite reminiscent of troll like behavior, and I think you can do better than that. (and honestly, suich tactics suggest you might be the more easily offended and overly sensitive one in the room)

No trolling at all.  I just state my beliefs.  I know most on this board are democrats and hate Trump and lean to the left.  I'm not trying to troll you guys at all.  I started a thread about Shapiro and Ocasio-Cortez, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JohnnyU said:

No, Jenner is a he.  That is biologically a fact.  However, if I were to me him/her, I would refer to that person in the pronoun he/she she's fit.  I would respect that.  However, if any legislation tried to make me do that I would have a problem with it.

Wow. Clear as day. Ok, guess you'll then just choose to be utterly disrespectful behind her back, even though you'd use what she'd prefer to be called face to face.  Seems, well, cowardly to do something behind one's back that you wouldn't say to their face.  

And again, stop with this utter bs about legislation... NO one is advocating it, and you are getting to a point where continuing to push something that is simply not based in any reality will essentially paint most anything you say as worthless.  We have enough posters who have such an objection from speaking true and not looking to spread misinformation, don't be another, please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...