What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: Josh Adams RB, PHI (1 Viewer)

Landing on the injury report late in the week, playing on Monday night, no other viable option to slide in if he can’t go. 

Easy sit for me. 

yeah looks like will prob play but can't afford say the 20% chance that i take a 0 so he's out for me.

well looks like he's solidly the #1, problem is in ppr leagues, value doesn't look that high. Was hopeful after 6 targets a few games ago but not seeing any looks in the passing game.

well looks like he's solidly the #1, problem is in ppr leagues, value doesn't look that high. Was hopeful after 6 targets a few games ago but not seeing any looks in the passing game.
Sproles being back doesn't help that either. The good news is, Doug looks dedicated to giving him the ball now. 20 carries last night really helped the Eagles control the clock. Yes Washington was a hobbled team but they never got a chance to come back because they never had the ball. So I'd expect him to get similar work load going forward as it's the key to Eagles success.

Not unlike Michel as a rookie that may be capable in the passing game, but their teams have a guy(s) who are better in this aspect right now and don't want to overwork the rookie.  Adams may indeed get more passing game work, but that may not happen until next year (if he stays as the starter).

Last edited by a moderator:
With Clement on IR, did Adams' role just become a lot clearer for the fantasy playoffs? Or will Sproles take too many touches? 

7 carriest last week has to give you pause.  No one else really got carries.  So it’s not competition for touches that would worry me.

Rams Defense can be run on.  

That said, Rams could come out and hang a ton of points early and the Eagles abandon the run again.  

The one area where the other backs do worry me is the passing game.  He has no catches in the past 4 games.  Sproles is back and their ideal pass catching back.  

If the game stays close, Adams could have 20 touches again.  But if the Rams go off early, he could be held under 10.  

Right now, I’ve got Doug Martin in over him.

Surprised at the below blurb, as I thought he looked decent down the stretch. Definitely did disappear when Sproles returned, so maybe he did fall out of favor. Any homers in the know?

——————-

Eliot Shorr-Parks of 94WIP.com doesn't consider Josh Adams a lock for the Eagles' final roster.

The undrafted Notre Dame alum led the Eagles in rushing yards as a rookie but was scarcely used after Darren Sproles' return from injury. The 22-year-old averaged a steady 4.3 yards per tote last year but was essentially useless in the passing game, nabbing just seven catches for 58 scoreless yards over his 14 appearances. The Eagles haven't explored the trade or free agent markets but could address their running back need in next month's draft.

Surprised at the below blurb, as I thought he looked decent down the stretch. Definitely did disappear when Sproles returned, so maybe he did fall out of favor. Any homers in the know?

——————-

Eliot Shorr-Parks of 94WIP.com doesn't consider Josh Adams a lock for the Eagles' final roster.

The undrafted Notre Dame alum led the Eagles in rushing yards as a rookie but was scarcely used after Darren Sproles' return from injury. The 22-year-old averaged a steady 4.3 yards per tote last year but was essentially useless in the passing game, nabbing just seven catches for 58 scoreless yards over his 14 appearances. The Eagles haven't explored the trade or free agent markets but could address their running back need in next month's draft.
Sounds to me like he's got place reserved for him back on the waiver wire in dynasty leagues.

I find it hard to believe he has fallen out of favor. Philly had him on their PS and activated him when it seemed likely another team was going to sign him. He wasnt bad. I see Philly adding through the draft and potentially keeping Adams. Drafting a RB is no guarantee to be benched or cut. Just ask Peyton Barber. 

I'll hold because theres no one worth cutting him for right now. He is next up on the block though. which is fine. 

I’m also holding until I see what the Eagles do with him and in the draft.

Unfortunately at best, I think his ceiling is the aforementioned Peyton Barber, whose own ceiling is capped by the fact that he’s not used much in the passing game.

The Eagles have been heavily linked to every free agent RB so far.  Not a good sign.  He's a cut on one of my FFPC teams.  I was hopeful for him but that situation in general isn't that appealing with Pederson wanting a RBBC.

I am not sure what to do with this guy. He showed great promise as a UDFA. When he got the chance to play he actually did well. I attributed a lot of his struggles to the fact that he was a rookie and was on the scout team most of the season.

I feel like this is one of those players who, if given an opportunity, could do quite well. However, given the nature of the NFL i feel like he will bounce around the NFL as a backup and never get the chance to be "the guy" again. I could see him landing in LAR since they don't seem to be resigning CJ

He played great when called on but it's not the best situation.......
He had his opportunity and didn't seize it.  He appears to be a career back up, albeit a decent one.   Being useless in the passing game didn't help him.

Is this 2018?
No I see a good buying opportunity here.....I think he's good catching the ball and I was high on him coming out of college last year. He played very well when he got his chance. The fact that you value him so little makes me want him more. If you owned him it wouldn't take much for me to get him it seems. So I'm buying.......

No I see a good buying opportunity here.....I think he's good catching the ball and I was high on him coming out of college last year. He played very well when he got his chance. The fact that you value him so little makes me want him more. If you owned him it wouldn't take much for me to get him it seems. So I'm buying.......
Good catching the ball?   7 receptions 58 yds in 14 games.  In college he had 41 receptions in 3 years and 37 games / 336 yds and 2 tds.  He’s never been impressive catching the ball to this point, college or pro.

Good catching the ball?   7 receptions 58 yds in 14 games.  In college he had 41 receptions in 3 years and 37 games / 336 yds and 2 tds.  He’s never been impressive catching the ball to this point, college or pro.
Yeah he looks fine catching the ball and 41 rec in college isn't horrible. 21 catches his 2nd year when he was the starter and averaged a respectful 9.2 yards per. If the Eagles don't draft a RB early it looks like I will be the only one surprised........Cool. I'll hang out on that island.

I cant give him away! I figured someone has to like his upside for a 3rd... nope
If I ask about him I'll never get him lol. Hoping the guy that owns him drops him but I'd give a 3rd for him in a second.

guice had 32 catches in his college career... coaches loved how he caught the ball in camp 

James Conner had 31 career college receptions. how did he do last year?

ETA: how many receptions did NDs top RB have this last season? is it possible that ND just doesn't throw much to their RBs? 

ETA: how many receptions did NDs top RB have this last season? is it possible that ND just doesn't throw much to their RBs? 
true, but you have to start somewhere and last year with the Eagles he didn't do anything in the passing game.  7 receptions in 14 games?  Perhaps that isn't his forte?

If I ask about him I'll never get him lol. Hoping the guy that owns him drops him but I'd give a 3rd for him in a second.
If you're in HOF league I'll give him to you for a 3rd.

I remember his scouting report not being that glowing.  I guess there's a reason why he wasn't drafted.

Yeah he wasn't drafted because he's not very good. Have a good day Johnny. 
Not all undrafted backs are bums and I actually like Adams as a runner.  But after Sproles came back he was nowhere to be found and he hasn't proven a thing as a receiver.  That's all I'm saying.  Hell, I picked him up too when the timing was right.  I'm not so sure about him now and I certainly wouldn't give much for him in a trade.

Not all undrafted backs are bums and I actually like Adams as a runner.  But after Sproles came back he was nowhere to be found and he hasn't proven a thing as a receiver.  That's all I'm saying.  Hell, I picked him up too when the timing was right.  I'm not so sure about him now and I certainly wouldn't give much for him in a trade.
You seem to be convinced. You should probably drop him or trade him if you can. I would suggest waiting until after the draft. If the Eagles don't draft a RB early you might get a bump in value. Since you're convinced he's limited it shouldn't change your valuation of him much. If the Eagles do draft a RB early you can just safely drop him then. 

You seem to be convinced. You should probably drop him or trade him if you can. I would suggest waiting until after the draft. If the Eagles don't draft a RB early you might get a bump in value. Since you're convinced he's limited it shouldn't change your valuation of him much. If the Eagles do draft a RB early you can just safely drop him then. 
No, I think he he's a guy you can't trade to be honest.  He's an end of the bench guy and if I see there's hope after the draft he cost nothing to hang on to except a roster spot.  But what I really think is he won't have much value in 2019.

No, I think he he's a guy you can trade to be honest.  He's an end of the bench guy and if I see there's hope after the draft he cost nothing to hang on to except a roster spot.  But what I really think is he won't have much value in 2019.
I always make the mistake of debating thinking everybody plays in the same style dynasty I play in. In my dynasty league we only have 20 active spots so they are valuable. If you're deeper and can't trade him then you might be forced to just hold onto him. 

I always make the mistake of debating thinking everybody plays in the same style dynasty I play in. In my dynasty league we only have 20 active spots so they are valuable. If you're deeper and can't trade him then you might be forced to just hold onto him. 
In a dynasty league with only 20 spots, and I assume at least 12 teams, he's waiver wire fodder.

Yeah I hope. 
Ok, good luck with that.  I was excited about him last year when he got his chance but did nothing with it.  When Sproles came back he went into the closet.  I don't see how I can be excited in 2019 unless he's at the end of my dynasty bench and there is no one else I want to pick up.

Ok, good luck with that.  I was excited about him last year when he got his chance but did nothing with it.  When Sproles came back he went into the closet.  I don't see how I can be excited in 2019 unless he's at the end of my dynasty bench and there is no one else I want to pick up.
Thanks. Good luck dropping him. One of us us right and one of us is wrong. Lol I've been both. I see it a bit differently but don't really feel like wasting time trying to convince anybody. 

Thanks. Good luck dropping him. One of us us right and one of us is wrong. Lol I've been both. I see it a bit differently but don't really feel like wasting time trying to convince anybody. 
What is your definition of dump?  I feel offering him for a 3rd rd rookie pick is a good move, especially for a 2020 one.  Otherwise he's at the end of my bench until someone better comes along or I have to cut him due to roster restrictions.   Pretty simple plan IMO.

No, I think he he's a guy you can't trade to be honest.  He's an end of the bench guy and if I see there's hope after the draft he cost nothing to hang on to except a roster spot.  But what I really think is he won't have much value in 2019.
I guess i read this post wrong. Felt like you were saying no one will want to trade for him. The double "he" got me. Lol

Philly native here, I wouldn't trust him (or any RB) on the Eagles.  Considering Ajayi was a much better all around player and couldn't consistently see the field compared to lesser talents like Smallwood and Clement, I think Pederson just doesn't know how to use RBs.  Adams's best bet would be to not be resigned, latch on elsewhere as a backup, and have the starter there go down in season.

Reuben Frank of NBC Sports Philadelphia concedes "the odds are against" Josh Adams making the Eagles' final roster.

Adams led Philadelphia in rushing yards as an undrafted rookie last year, but that was before the Eagles acquired Jordan Howard from Chicago and used a second-round pick on Penn State standout Miles Sanders. The 22-year-old Notre Dame alum exceeded expectations as a rookie but limped to the finish line by averaging a meager 2.7 yards per carry over his final three games. Adams impressed as a ball-carrier in 2018 but proved limited in other areas, failing to make an impact on special teams while also showing little as a pass-catcher. Unless the Eagles roster six running backs (most teams keep four or five), Adams will likely to have beat out one of Wendell Smallwood, Boston Scott or Corey Clement in order to make the team out of camp.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Philadelphia

Jun 24, 2019, 12:58 PM ET

End of the season, I thought this guy might lead the team in touches in 2019.  Now he won't even be on the team.  

End of the season, I thought this guy might lead the team in touches in 2019.  Now he won't even be on the team.  
It might be a positive for him. Eagles are a big RBBC team. Lets see if a team with a late RB injury picks him up. 

Users who are viewing this thread