What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So what does it cost for FBG subscription now? (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
$40 for the year, even if I don't want any of the daily stuff? I don't care about DraftKings/Fanduel and the like.  Am I reading that right?

It's $40 now?  Hmmm...that's a little pricey, imo.  I'm locked in until March 2019.  Not sure I'll renew after that.
Exactly!  Here's my payment history :

2006 - 3 years @ $59.95 = $19.98 per year

2009 - 3 years @ $62.95 = $20.98 per year

2012 - 3 years @ $64.95 = $21.65 per year

2015 - 3 years @ $69.95 = $23.32 per year

2018 - so now it's $40 per year???  I've been a subscriber since before 2006 (I changed my user name) but that's almost double, I'm not renewing for the first time in over a decade.  I'm hoping enough of us protest (with our wallets) that this gets fixed!

2018 - so now it's $40 per year???  I've been a subscriber since before 2006 (I changed my user name) but that's almost double, I'm not renewing for the first time in over a decade.  I'm hoping enough of us protest (with our wallets) that this gets fixed!
Yeah - I'm out after this year.   It was something I thought was good value. For $40 not so much

All I really use is 10 second primer or whatever its called.

And it looks like no more 3-Year subs

Last edited by a moderator:
you don't build the price of the sub into your championship winnings year after year? Figure with all you guys are pulling in destroying the completion, the sub should be just a cost of doing business.  

I've always been a fan of the Excel VBD spreadsheet and still use that.
You can create your own from the draft app.  Just export to excel and create another column to calculate VBD's.  Agree with others that there is too much daily fluff to justify the expense.  They should give options like rotoworld to add what you want and pay accordingly.

FWIW, a main competitor is also 40 bucks. Seems way too high... though if I were a big DFS gambler, perhaps a paid service at that price might be worth it.

FWIW, a main competitor is also 40 bucks. Seems way too high... though if I were a big DFS gambler, perhaps a paid service at that price might be worth it.
I don't think the $40 for dfs is worth it either.  If you are a high roller, I think you need more info to keep up with the big boys.  If you are a small timer, IMO you are just as good if you know the basics and use the subscript fee to add to your bankroll.  

I just did this last night because mine ran out (pretty awesome deal). Still don't have access but says it takes up to 24hrs. 
Thanks. If you don't see it in 24 hours, please let our guys know at help@footballguys.com  Also let them know for sure you used either the direct link to DRAFT.com from our site or used FBGSUB as the promo code on DRAFT.com.  Your subscription will come to the email address you use when signing up on DRAFT.com

Thanks. If you don't see it in 24 hours, please let our guys know at help@footballguys.com  Also let them know for sure you used either the direct link to DRAFT.com from our site or used FBGSUB as the promo code on DRAFT.com.  Your subscription will come to the email address you use when signing up on DRAFT.com
Will paying the $10 on DRAFT - add another year onto the All-Pro, premium membership I currently have?

$40 for the year, even if I don't want any of the daily stuff? I don't care about DraftKings/Fanduel and the like.  Am I reading that right?
Yes. 

Info here with exactly what you get on the Season Long Pro and the DFS Pro.  And as has been mentioned, an easy way to get the Season Long by making a deposit of just $10 into DRAFT.com using the link on the page if you're a new customer to DRAFT.com. 

We stopped the 3 year subscription deals a couple of years ago. They were basically just like borrowing money at a high-interest rate and that's something we didn't want to do. 

Totally get that even the $10 deal with DRAFT is more than some folks want to pay. We get it and that's part of business. We think the value far outweighs the regular price of the subscriptions. The market will be the decider. 

Will paying the $10 on DRAFT - add another year onto the All-Pro, premium membership I currently have?
The $10 DRAFT deal is for 1 year of Season Long Pro subscription. Entering $10 worth of contests on DRAFT will automatically upgrade you to the All Pro subscription. If you do that, it'll be added to what you already have at Footballguys.  Note that it takes about 48 hours for DRAFT to process the upgrades to All Pro. We of course don't have any idea what you enter at DRAFT so if you have any questions there on the upgrade, please let them know at support@draft.com.  Thanks. 

I don't want to sign up for Draft or whatever other  fantasy game are being run :shrug:

Its not the $10 - its the signing up on another website and depositing money for something I don't do (daily or random fantasy leagues) 

New thread title should be: "Can you negotiate with FBG?"   :P

In all seriousness, my 3-year subscription ran out this year and I didn't realize it till just the other day.  Given I only play in 2 leagues with small pots, I can't really justify spending what it costs now.  That makes me sad, but it's true.  I just don't spend as much time, money, or effort on FF as I used to.  I may try the $10 draft.com thing, but that's likely a 1-year patch since it's only good for 1st timers.

For me, 95% of the reason I subscribed was for the draft dominator and some pre-season stuff.  Beyond that I LOVE the free daily e-mails and that's about all I need.  I don't fault anyone for the higher prices.  It's business.  If it was my site, and I could make more money with higher prices and maybe a little lower sales volume, I'd do it too.  I'm just an unfortunate casualty.

eoMMan said:
It's $40 now?  Hmmm...that's a little pricey, imo.  I'm locked in until March 2019.  Not sure I'll renew after that.
Same here.  I did a three year that's up next year, and have been subscribing since 2005. 

Most of my leagues are no pot leagues. I can't really justify the $40 if it's that price when I go to renew next year.  I've been a bit on the fence renewing because of some of Dodds' posts anyway.

I don’t use the service but. I pay for the contest . People really complaining about $40?? The economy is booming! Seems like I easily urinate away $40 a week during the work week. Cripes almighty what a bunch of skinflints 

I don’t use the service but. I pay for the contest . People really complaining about $40?? The economy is booming! Seems like I easily urinate away $40 a week during the work week. Cripes almighty what a bunch of skinflints 
This was me.

I would "donate" for the contest being i didnt use any of the other services here but i have fallen out of love with just following football that i just dont bother anymore.

Joe Bryant said:
The $10 DRAFT deal is for 1 year of Season Long Pro subscription. Entering $10 worth of contests on DRAFT will automatically upgrade you to the All Pro subscription. If you do that, it'll be added to what you already have at Footballguys.  Note that it takes about 48 hours for DRAFT to process the upgrades to All Pro. We of course don't have any idea what you enter at DRAFT so if you have any questions there on the upgrade, please let them know at support@draft.com.  Thanks. 
Thanks Joe. I signed up and trying to spend the $10 so I can get my All Pro added.  I should be good till 2024 now!

Last year I used a competitor because I wasn't thrilled with the fbg price tag, this was $5-10 cheaper, but still expensive enough. FWIW fbg was better, though still now worth the price for what I need. 

I think as I get older I care less about fantasy and don't have the time to read the content (over half of which I don't have use for), it's just not worth it to me compared to the free sites.

Joe Bryant said:
Joe - I got my subscription through RotoPass, does that include the DFS stuff/tool?  If not, what would I need to pay for that?  Thanks.

I was sad to see the three year deal go away...good value there.  I think I paid $50 for the regular and DFS content here this year.  Sure there is information that could be had elsewhere, but I like reading many of the articles and ongoing columns.  I enjoy the subscriber contest.  I wish the WDIS contest was still around.    There were a couple of fantasy football hosts on on Sirius XM that I enjoy listening to that are affiliated with another site.  I went to check that out and it was $150 - $200 depending on what level you wanted.  In that light, $50 isn't so bad.

Weird getting multiple emails nudging me about renewing since I am not doing to drop 40 either. I suppose I will end up doing the 10, but I don't do dfs, so hopefully I can figure out some way to blow it there.

Weird getting multiple emails nudging me about renewing since I am not doing to drop 40 either. I suppose I will end up doing the 10, but I don't do dfs, so hopefully I can figure out some way to blow it there.
I don't believe Draft is all dfs.  You should be able to blow the $10...

DRAFT has Best Ball season-long drafts going on right now. Pretty awesome stuff actually. They have DFS offerings as well, but these are leagues you can draft now and follow throughout the year without putting in any additional effort.

Sullie said:

I'm not renewing this year either. First time in well over a decade. 

Early Bird special plus the draft.com deal ended up netting out to 20 bucks a year for this year and next year plus a free $10 best ball draft for this season where you could make all of that back and more. You'd think guys who spend every friggin day on the site could have figured it out. The FFAVIP coupon code saved me an additional 15% but I think that code only works for a couple of us.

Early Bird special plus the draft.com deal ended up netting out to 20 bucks a year for this year and next year plus a free $10 best ball draft for this season where you could make all of that back and more. You'd think guys who spend every friggin day on the site could have figured it out. The FFAVIP coupon code saved me an additional 15% but I think that code only works for a couple of us.
You'd think a guy that's spent as many years as you have around the guys on this board would know... we ain't always the brightest bunch. :coffee:  

Users who are viewing this thread