What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official 9th pick - PPR Redraft Thread**** (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
I also used to love these threads with discussion.  While everyone's league settings are different, I drew pick 9 in a 12 team PPR league.

We have flexible lineups QB-RB-WR-TE-F-F-K-D (4 bench)

At 9, I've been deciding between Gordon, Barkley, Fournette.  I think I'd pass up OBJ ad Hopkins even if available.

At 16 overall it's tough.  Do you go Gronk? Do you take the last of the tier of second round RB's?  McCaffrey or Davin Cook or do you go with a WR like Evans, Michael Thomas, maybe Keenan Allen if he falls.

In the 3rd-6th WR is so deep but I suspect most of the league will be on that train.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you have the option of starting 3RB's and only 1WR?  I think Barkley will be gone before your pick in most leagues, but Gordon and Fournette may be there.  I'm with you in that the only WR I would take at 1.9 is Antonio Brown, but I think he will also be gone.  So yes, it's Gordon for me at 1.9.  At 2.4, i would certainly take Cook or McCaffrey over all the WR's not named Brown, Hopkins, or Beckham.  Based on current ADP, you may start with Gordon, McCaffrey, Hill (or maybe Fitz or Baldwin), and Drake (and if you wanted to go WR here guys like Landry, Schuster, and Tate).  Personally, I would rather start 3RB's and only 1WR, as the floor for RB's is alot higher than WR.

I also used to love these threads with discussion.  While everyone's league settings are different, I drew pick 9 in a 12 team PPR league.

At 9, I've been deciding between Gordon, Barkley, Fournette.  I think I'd pass up OBJ ad Hopkins even if available.

At 16 overall it's tough.  Do you go Gronk? Do you take the last of the tier of second round RB's?  McCaffrey or Davin Cook or do you go with a WR like Evans, Michael Thomas, maybe Keenan Allen if he falls.

In the 3rd-6th WR is so deep but I suspect most of the league will be on that train.
I'd go Barkley if he's there, but he won't be. So you're likely looking at Gordon, who I would probably take ahead of Fournette in redraft. 

At 16 overall, if Cook is there you pounce. Otherwise I'd go with McCaffery. Lots of depth at WR this year, I wouldn't be upset waiting until round 3

I'm at 1.08 in a full-point PPR, and I'm leaning Gordon over Barkley.  Mainly because I expect the Chargers to be winning a lot more games and I don't trust Eli to run an efficient offense.  But I'm waffling because of the hype.  In the second round, I tend to mock draft a WR (usually Davante Adams), but I'm seriously thinking about taking Joe Mixon because I really like him and I know he'll be long gone before my 3rd round pick rolls around.  Not easy to say as a Steeler fan, but the guy looks really good.

So, you have the option of starting 3RB's and only 1WR?  I think Barkley will be gone before your pick in most leagues, but Gordon and Fournette may be there.  I'm with you in that the only WR I would take at 1.9 is Antonio Brown, but I think he will also be gone.  So yes, it's Gordon for me at 1.9.  At 2.4, i would certainly take Cook or McCaffrey over all the WR's not named Brown, Hopkins, or Beckham.  Based on current ADP, you may start with Gordon, McCaffrey, Hill (or maybe Fitz or Baldwin), and Drake (and if you wanted to go WR here guys like Landry, Schuster, and Tate).  Personally, I would rather start 3RB's and only 1WR, as the floor for RB's is alot higher than WR.
Yes, we can do 3 RB's and 1 WR or 2,2 or 3 WR's and 1 RB.  We do get a 5 point bonus for 50 yard TD's if that matters WR wise.   I think Barkley could be there at 1.9 as long a OBJ and Hopkins go.

My Draft Dominator in these settings seems off:

1.7 Hopkins

1.8 OBJ(14th ADP)

1.9 K. Allen (ADP 17 overall)

1.10 Gordon

then Julio, Fournette, Gronk (13th but 21st ADP) , Hunt, Barkley (15th with a 7th ADP) and then Cook 16.

I also wouldn't be surprised in Rodgers went before pick 16.

Drafted 9 hole and got Hopkins and Evans in the 2nd.  Pretty happy Hopkins fell to me!

Historically, it’s been popular to start WR/WR from the back-end of the draft, but if you’ve bucked that trend recently, you’ve been paid. 

Over the last 5 seasons, RB7-12 on adp have outscored RB1-6. 

With that in mind, I like something like Hunt, Cook, Fitzgerald, Landry better than I like something like Hopkins, Evans, Drake, Ingram. 

I just drew the 8th hole in a .5 ppr league. The top stud RB's: Gurley, Bell, Elliot, DJ all mostly likely gone. Brown mostly likely gone, or pick him. Kamara prolly next at 6. Someone could make a play on Hopkins or Beckham. Soooo... like you said it's Gordon, Barkley, Fournette, or even Cook and Hunt. Gosh, you're getting a stud RB, perhaps even Karmara? Then at 16 Allen, Thomas, Barkley, McCaffrey, or Freeman? Yes, Gronk is in the talk. Going TE really shrinks things up a tad. I may go Gronk 17?

I got the 9th pick in my oldest ppr league....24th season coming up....i really like hunt or odell.......im iffy on gordon.....fournette dont catch enuff passes for my liking and im not drafting a rookie rb 

I got the 9th pick in my oldest ppr league....24th season coming up....i really like hunt or odell.......im iffy on gordon.....fournette dont catch enuff passes for my liking and im not drafting a rookie rb 
Fournette caught 36 passes in 13 games last season.  That's a 44-catch pace for a full season.  He's not Leveon Bell, but he's not Alfred Morris, either.

Fournette caught 36 passes in 13 games last season.  That's a 44-catch pace for a full season.  He's not Leveon Bell, but he's not Alfred Morris, either.
Agree, I also think his lost weight may help him add to his pass totals.  

I’m not sure im big on Hunt.   New QB takes over, Ware is back who I think takes more carries than most think, just my opinion.  

I'm at 1.08 in a full-point PPR, and I'm leaning Gordon over Barkley.  Mainly because I expect the Chargers to be winning a lot more games and I don't trust Eli to run an efficient offense.  But I'm waffling because of the hype.  In the second round, I tend to mock draft a WR (usually Davante Adams), but I'm seriously thinking about taking Joe Mixon because I really like him and I know he'll be long gone before my 3rd round pick rolls around.  Not easy to say as a Steeler fan, but the guy looks really good.
That’s straight balls takin Mixon that high. 

I’m 8th in a 10 teamer and currently leaning OBJ/Nuk in the 1st and Gordon/Cook in the 2nd. But I also have Kamara and Henry as keepers so don’t absolutely need to go RB. 

Agree, I also think his lost weight may help him add to his pass totals.  

I’m not sure im big on Hunt.   New QB takes over, Ware is back who I think takes more carries than most think, just my opinion.  
not scared of ware. I just think Hunts ceiling is higher than Fournettes….in ppr.

That’s straight balls takin Mixon that high. 
I agree. 

On Gordon vs. Barkley.  I just worry about his 3.0 YPC, but he has been on record saying he wants to out-do Gurley.  Year 1 it was Gurley, year 2 it was Gordon and year 3 Gurley exploded. Same draft class, both traded up for.  I also worry about his PPR value with Ekeler.

Pick 16 is interesting - I'll be tempted with Gronk, but I think I'm leaning McCaffrey.  Once Mccaffrey/Cook go, the tier falls off pretty good after Freeman.

Although I only need to start 1RB if I wish, trying to decide between the following combos.

Hopkins/OBJ w/ McCaffrey

Gordon/Barkley w/ McCaffrey

Gordon/Barkley w/ D.Adams/MT/Allen

Gordon/Barkley w/ Gronk

3rd round would be best available WR in most scenario's unless Mixon falls to 3.9 which isn't happening.  His ADP rose from 3.11 a month ago to about 2.12,

Possibly McCoy at 3.9 but it's a local league and he'll go earlier.

Is anyone else having issues with Round 3/4? Not really excited about anyone available there. But there are a ton of guys a couple rounds later (6-9) that I like. Thinking about trading out of at least one of those picks and grabbing two later picks. 

28. HiltonWRIND/93.0862

29J. MixonRBCIN/93.0962

30A. RodgersQBGB/73.0762

31D. BaldwinWRSEA/73.1061

32J. HowardRBCHI/53.0560

33T. HillWRKC/124.0160

34A. CooperWROAK/74.0559

35D. WatsonQBHOU/104.0959

36G. OlsenTECAR/46.0859

37S. DiggsWRMIN/104.0359

38K. DrakeRBMIA/114.0759

39M. IngramRBNO/66.0159

40E. EngramTENYG/96.0458

41R. WilsonQBSEA/75.0558

42A. CollinsRBBAL/104.0858

43T. BradyQBNE/115.0658

44L. MillerRBHOU/105.1058

45J. Smith-SchusterWRPIT/7

Sorry for the ####ty copy/paste but this is ADP from FBG. I don’t see Hilton lasting that long but if he does I’ll be happy to take him. I’m not sold on Mixon and don’t see him being there anyway. I have Kamara as a keeper and am actually thinking of grabbing Ingram but not in round 3. And same with Miller, I like him but not in round 3. 

Drafted in a pretty big money, competetive 12 team full point ppr draft last night from the #9 slot.  

I'll warn you, I'm a long time upside down drafter so if you're a hardcore "take an rb early guy" you'll probably hate my team but here is what I got from the 9 hole.  I've always had a pretty good knack for finding mid round RB's so I've stuck with this style of drafting over the years. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE, and a kicker and a team D

Hopkins WR Hou

Keenan Allen WR SD

Larry Fitzgerald WR Ari

Ajayi RB Phi

Dion Lewis RB Ten

Jamaal Williams RB GB

Kerryon Johnson RB Det

Chris Thompson RB Was

Aaron Jones RB GB

Chris Carson RB Sea

Trey Burton TE Chi

Matt Ryan QB ATL

John Brown WR Bal

Breida RB SF

Green Bay D

Crosby K

Obviously you should draft whatever way you feel comfortable, there is more than one way to skin a cat and win a league.  If you have any questions about where certain guys went ask away since I find when real money is on the line you get a much better indicator of where guys you like REALLY go as opposed to the ADP from mocks where sometimes people experiment.  This is a draft full of CPA's and attorneys who are all fantasy geeks so I'd say it's a pretty competitive league with no idiots.

Hopkins WR Hou

Keenan Allen WR SD

Larry Fitzgerald WR Ari

Ajayi RB Phi

Dion Lewis RB Ten

Jamaal Williams RB GB

Kerryon Johnson RB Det

Chris Thompson RB Was

Aaron Jones RB GB

Chris Carson RB Sea

Trey Burton TE Chi

Matt Ryan QB ATL

John Brown WR Bal

Breida RB SF

Green Bay D

Crosby K
LOVE your receivers. Your top 3 are essentially the same way I would do it in a perfect world. Lewis and Ajayi aren’t on my radar so I honestly just haven’t looked into them much so can’t comment. But I do really like KJ and Carson a lot. And John Brown and Breida are great flyers. Good luck I would be happy with that result. 

Is anyone else having issues with Round 3/4? Not really excited about anyone available there. But there are a ton of guys a couple rounds later (6-9) that I like. Thinking about trading out of at least one of those picks and grabbing two later picks. 

28. HiltonWRIND/93.0862

29J. MixonRBCIN/93.0962

30A. RodgersQBGB/73.0762

31D. BaldwinWRSEA/73.1061

32J. HowardRBCHI/53.0560

33T. HillWRKC/124.0160

34A. CooperWROAK/74.0559

35D. WatsonQBHOU/104.0959

36G. OlsenTECAR/46.0859

37S. DiggsWRMIN/104.0359

38K. DrakeRBMIA/114.0759

39M. IngramRBNO/66.0159

40E. EngramTENYG/96.0458

41R. WilsonQBSEA/75.0558

42A. CollinsRBBAL/104.0858

43T. BradyQBNE/115.0658

44L. MillerRBHOU/105.1058

45J. Smith-SchusterWRPIT/7

Sorry for the ####ty copy/paste but this is ADP from FBG. I don’t see Hilton lasting that long but if he does I’ll be happy to take him. I’m not sold on Mixon and don’t see him being there anyway. I have Kamara as a keeper and am actually thinking of grabbing Ingram but not in round 3. And same with Miller, I like him but not in round 3. 
FBG's ADP seems so far behind everyone else.  There's no way we'll be able to get Mixon or Diggs at 3.7 (33rd overall)

I agree with you but nobody will trade draft picks in my redraft.

Drafted in a pretty big money, competetive 12 team full point ppr draft last night from the #9 slot.  

I'll warn you, I'm a long time upside down drafter so if you're a hardcore "take an rb early guy" you'll probably hate my team but here is what I got from the 9 hole.  I've always had a pretty good knack for finding mid round RB's so I've stuck with this style of drafting over the years. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE, and a kicker and a team D

Hopkins WR Hou

Keenan Allen WR SD

Larry Fitzgerald WR Ari

Ajayi RB Phi

Dion Lewis RB Ten

Jamaal Williams RB GB

Kerryon Johnson RB Det

Chris Thompson RB Was

Aaron Jones RB GB

Chris Carson RB Sea

Trey Burton TE Chi

Matt Ryan QB ATL

John Brown WR Bal

Breida RB SF

Green Bay D

Crosby K

Obviously you should draft whatever way you feel comfortable, there is more than one way to skin a cat and win a league.  If you have any questions about where certain guys went ask away since I find when real money is on the line you get a much better indicator of where guys you like REALLY go as opposed to the ADP from mocks where sometimes people experiment.  This is a draft full of CPA's and attorneys who are all fantasy geeks so I'd say it's a pretty competitive league with no idiots.
Gordon, Barkley, Cook, Gronk, McCaffrey, OBJ, Fournette

Mixon, Corey Davis, Diggs

Gordon, Barkley, Cook, Gronk, McCaffrey, OBJ, Fournette

Mixon, Corey Davis, Diggs
Melving Gordon - 2.03

Barkley - 1.06

Cook - 2.07 ( the biggest surprise of the draft, but after he was drafted it drew discussion and a lot of people think Murray is going to get the goal line carries in Minn)

Gronk - 3.02

Mccaffrey - 2.11

OBJ - 1.10

Fournette - 2.01

Mixon - 2.06

Corey Davis - 6.07

Diggs - 3.01

Hopkins WR Hou

Keenan Allen WR SD

Larry Fitzgerald WR Ari

Ajayi RB Phi

Dion Lewis RB Ten

Jamaal Williams RB GB

Kerryon Johnson RB Det

Chris Thompson RB Was

Aaron Jones RB GB

Chris Carson RB Sea

Trey Burton TE Chi

Matt Ryan QB ATL

John Brown WR Bal

Breida RB SF

Green Bay D

Crosby K

I think you did a great job under this strategy.  Top flight WR's and a good gaggle of RB's.  

9th pick in 10 team ppr league......torn between OBJ and then McCaffrey at 12 or Barkley at 9 then McCaffrey assuming they are there at the first "turn".  Any advice?

SCT said:
9th pick in 10 team ppr league......torn between OBJ and then McCaffrey at 12 or Barkley at 9 then McCaffrey assuming they are there at the first "turn".  Any advice?
Full point ppr?  10 team leagues I tend to go absolute best player available since everyone is going to have pretty stacked lineups.  Gotta ask yourself which running backs you prefer over the OBJ/Hopkins tier.

SCT said:
I don’t think Barkley is a first rounder. So I would go with OBJ. 

Today I've been tinkering with WR to start.   OBJ and then at 16 I've been getting Fournette or Gordon about 75% of the time. I doubt that will happen. 

I feel like I might end up reaching with a RB at 1.9 (Gordon, Fournette, Hunt) even if OBJ/Hopkins are here.

Getting Gronk is such an advantage in a shallow lineup.

Q-

RB- Melvin Gordon (1.9)

WR -  Ty Hilton (3.9)

TE -  Gronk (2.4)

Flex-  Amari Cooper (4.4)

Flex - Corey Davis (5.9)

And can keep stockpiling WR's or take Ingram 5.9 and Watkins 6.4

VERSUS

Q-

RB-  Mccaffrey (2.4)

WR - OBJ (1.9)

TE -  ?????? REED LATE ROUND?

FLEX - Ty Hilton or Tyrek Hill (3.9)

Flex -  Amari Cooper (4.4)

Then can stockpile bench with Corey Davis or whomever provides value at WR.

Anyone complete a draft from the 9 spot, this past weekend?

I'm back on the Gordon or Fournette at 1.9 and Gronk at 2.4 and then loading up at WR 3-6.

I'm back on the Gordon or Fournette at 1.9 and Gronk at 2.4 and then loading up at WR 3-6.
I did but it was a ten teamer and the first round was really weird (Barkley didn’t get drafted and David Johnson went 8), so I’m not sure how much help it will be. 

I went RB, RB, RB, TE, and then actually went QB, RB and then started loading up on receiver after that.  

I like how my team turned out, but it’s my first time in a ten teamer. (Usually play 12) so it was odd to see the talent at each pick early, and watching some of these guys draft I wouldn’t call them sharks. Not that I’m some expert.

I personally don’t love the 3-6 WRs unless someone falls there and I usually feel like there’s more value falling at starting RB at the 3-4 turn, but as always it depends on who you are drafting against and how they are drafting.

I like Fournette over Gordon.  Gronk is a tough call on draft day for many of us.  Seems a little early for the oft-injured Gronk in round 2 but if he stays healthy for 2/3 of the season, he gives a huge advantage at TE. 

I like Fournette over Gordon.  Gronk is a tough call on draft day for many of us.  Seems a little early for the oft-injured Gronk in round 2 but if he stays healthy for 2/3 of the season, he gives a huge advantage at TE. 
I agree.  However we only start Q-R-W-T-F-F-K-D with 4 bench so Gronk is more of an advantage if healthy.  I can roll with 1RB-3WR or vice versa or an even split.  Teams with a top notch QB or TE typically do well with the shallow rosters.

I agree.  However we only start Q-R-W-T-F-F-K-D with 4 bench so Gronk is more of an advantage if healthy.  I can roll with 1RB-3WR or vice versa or an even split.  Teams with a top notch QB or TE typically do well with the shallow rosters.
 It sounds like you know your league and it makes sense to snag Gronk. 

In 12 team yahoo mock from the 9 spot with short bench, I find myself grabbing Gordon and about 40% of the time Fournette comes back to me and I grab him.  It is the other 60% of the time that I am torn between taking Gronk or reaching for Howard.  Like it was mentioned previously, with a short bench I feel that I really need a solid TE.  I also find myself grabbing my QB by round 6.    I have found that my normal WR's tend to be a mix of Crabtree, Fuller, Edleman, Goodwin, ross, Taylor.

In 12 team yahoo mock from the 9 spot with short bench, I find myself grabbing Gordon and about 40% of the time Fournette comes back to me and I grab him.  It is the other 60% of the time that I am torn between taking Gronk or reaching for Howard.  Like it was mentioned previously, with a short bench I feel that I really need a solid TE.  I also find myself grabbing my QB by round 6.    I have found that my normal WR's tend to be a mix of Crabtree, Fuller, Edleman, Goodwin, ross, Taylor.
I think you go Gronk.  I wouldn't consider Howard at 16.  I'd think about Mccaffrey if there. 

I'd be torn between Fournette vs. Gronk myself.

Drafted yesterday in the 9th w .5 ppr 12 man:

01.09Leonard Fournette

02.04Julio Jones

03.09Jordan Howard

04.04Joe Mixon

05.09Brandin Cooks

06.04Michael Crabtree

07.09Kyle Rudolph

08.04Jacksonville

09.09Philip Rivers

10.04Robby Anderson

11.09Rashaad Penny

12.04Austin Seferian-Jenkins

13.09Tyrod Taylor

14.04Tyler Lockett

15.09Chris Boswell

Out of the 9 spot in a 12team non-PPR - I’ll just do the first 10 rounds:

1.09  Kamara (Barkley Hunt and Fournette went 6-7-8)

2.04  KAllen (over Gronk and Freeman)

3.09. T.Y. Hilton (was between him and Alex Collins here, couldn’t pass up the value)

4.04. Derrick Henry

5.09  Larry Fitz (was targeting Ingram but couldn’t pass up Fitz here, no idea why he was still on the board - Ingram went 2 picks later)

6.04  Jimmy Graham

7.09  Dion Lewis (DHenry hedge)

8.04  Jimmy Garoppolo 

9.09 Jamaal Williams (still flying under the radar at draft time I guess- not complaining)

10.04  Jamison Crowder

Out of the 9 spot in a 12team non-PPR - I’ll just do the first 10 rounds:

1.09  Kamara (Barkley Hunt and Fournette went 6-7-8)

2.04  KAllen (over Gronk and Freeman)

3.09. T.Y. Hilton (was between him and Alex Collins here, couldn’t pass up the value)

4.04. Derrick Henry

5.09  Larry Fitz (was targeting Ingram but couldn’t pass up Fitz here, no idea why he was still on the board - Ingram went 2 picks later)

6.04  Jimmy Graham

7.09  Dion Lewis (DHenry hedge)

8.04  Jimmy Garoppolo 

9.09 Jamaal Williams (still flying under the radar at draft time I guess- not complaining)

10.04  Jamison Crowder
Not to turn this into a "I wish I was in your league" post, but seriously, Kamara 9th and Fitz in the 5th? This is not FFPC I take it?

Users who are viewing this thread