What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Pick 6 Thread (non-ppr redraft) (1 Viewer)

billjohnson

Footballguy
Also known as the 1rst pick of the 2nd tier. :ptts:

So, Gurley, Bell, Zeke, DJohnson, and Brown are gone.  Looking at Kamara, Hunt, DHop, Fournette, Barkley, and Gordon.  I like Hopkins, but RBs drop off quick this year, and some decent WRs later in the draft.  I'm really thinking Fournette may be the play, especially considering the Andrew Norwell signing (now highest paid guard in the league).  So, what's the wisdom of the pool thinking at 6?

(see post #7 for more info)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 1.07 and plan on going with Gordon  then grab a WR in the 2nd unless amazing RB value falls to me. And even so, I’m not liking the drop off at WR from round 2 to 3, so I might go WR "no matter what" (within reason) in the 2nd. 

Hunt I wouldn't even consider unless I was holding 1.10.

I'd go Barkley, Kamara, Gordon, Fournette

I'd take Barkley here before I got 10 seconds into my timer 

Well, let's get some thoughts / facts down on paper, and see how these guys stack up.  Numbers next to name are touches / TDs in 2017.  Please feel free to add any additional info...

Kamara 201, 14:  Age 23.  Consistently ranked as the obvious 'pick 6' choice on most sites (including footballguys). Averaged a TD on 7% of touches.  That percentage likely comes down, so gonna need more touches.  Sure, Ingram out first four games, but what does that do for me weeks 14, 15, & 16.  NO has very good offense, but only way Kamara is a sixth pick is if he keeps up that TD% or gets more touches.  Will either happen?  Any NO homers with the scoop?

Hunt 325, 11:  Age 23.  Great start to '17, average to poor middle, nice finish.  New QB.  Two words: Spencer Ware. Touches will probably go down.

Gordon 342, 12:  Age 25.  Very good offense.  Workhorse in the offense, but always seems to be little dinged up.  Played 16 games for first time ever in '17. 

Fournette 304, 10:  Age 23. Only played 13 games last year.  Chronic ankle issue, injury risk even back in college.  Jags signed Carolina's best run blocker (Norwell).  Line should be even better.  Fournette played last year at about 238 lbs...came into camp at 218 lbs. this year.

Barkley ***:  Age 21. Very talented. Should be the bell cow, but is a rookie, and already with tweaked hammy.  Giants O-line has struggled in recent years.

I have 6 pick

I like Fournette and Hunt in that order.  

Kamara not an option for me.  A guy expected to receive 12carries a game isn’t on my team from round 1 or 2

Barkley a rookie on a bad team. I drafted adp his rookie season by he was clearly a force. So far I don’t get that impression and the hammy sucks

Gordon I like situation but not his talent as much as formuette.  Not close for me

I see Fournette is getting more respect just in the last week.  Also, looks like Melvin Gordon (342 touches in 2017)  is moving up the shark pool board as well. 

Anyone completed a draft at #6, and can post about how it turned out?

Users who are viewing this thread