What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 3 Van Halen songs (1 Viewer)

Panama

Dreams

Why Can't This Be Love :bag:

The classic rock snobs will hate this, but I do love me some Van-Hagar
While I prefer the early stuff like most groups i could come up with 3 Sammy songs and it would include those 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's where I get flamed...

1. Dreams

2. Running With The Devil

3. Unchained

Last edited by a moderator:
Right Now 

I'll Wait

Panama

(Suggestions for future Top 3 polls:  Billy Joel, Hall & Oates, The Beach Boys, Queen, Journey, The Eagles)

Very good catalog of music these guys had. Both Van Halen and Van Hagar IMO...

The Self Titled LP and 5150, to me, are listenable from start to finish, preferably at a high volume, in your car.

The ballady stuff with Hagar were great for what they were and stand above a lot of other rock ballads (Love Walks In, Why Can't This Be Love, When It's Love)...of course you have to be comfortable with a lot of synth in your rock to enjoy it. 

Guitar Solo's 

1.) Eruption

2.) Cathedral

3.) Spanish Fly

Songs

1.) Runnin' With The Devil

2.) Mean Streets

3.) Take Your Whiskey Home

Unchained

Panama

Aint Talkin About Love

Van Halen is an interesting band.  Eddie's guitar work is out of this world.  I didn't list Mean Streets in my top 3 but I love that song and Eddie's work.  It makes the song.  And, I while I love a lot of their songs, I also hate a lot of their songs.  I cannot stand Diver Down at all. 

And, there is the whole DLR vs Hagar thing too.  I love and hate more of the DLR songs than Hagar songs but think VH was a more consistent band with Hagar.  Hagar kills live and was a much better singer than DLR. 

Unchained

Panama

Aint Talkin About Love

Van Halen is an interesting band.  Eddie's guitar work is out of this world.  I didn't list Mean Streets in my top 3 but I love that song and Eddie's work.  It makes the song.  And, I while I love a lot of their songs, I also hate a lot of their songs.  I cannot stand Diver Down at all. 

And, there is the whole DLR vs Hagar thing too.  I love and hate more of the DLR songs than Hagar songs but think VH was a more consistent band with Hagar.  Hagar kills live and was a much better singer than DLR. 
Good way to put it. I like the early songs better but Sammy is the better singer and much less of a dbag.

Unchained

Anything else they've ever done.
This.  They have a bunch of great songs but Unchained is far and away my favorite VH song. Panama is my 2nd favorite.  3rd I'll go Cabo Wabo just to give some props to Hagar and mention a song that hasn't been listed yet.

Users who are viewing this thread