What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What the hell is going on in Sweden? (1 Viewer)

So maybe they can call them non-Swedes of indeterminate sex, height and weight?

it may also be worth noting that the original source is Speisa, which seems to be prone to sensationalism, perhaps even a tabloid.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/speisa/

Bias: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Anti-Islam

Notes: Speisa is a website that publishes sensational stories. The owner/editor of the website is unknown. According to their about page Speisa describes its content as “posts are not satire, as lots of real, really strange stuff are happening in this strange world. Some news are funny, some are sad, and some are plain horrific.”

Speisa publishes anti-Muslim articles such as “Geldof to house four Syrian families.” They report this news story factually at first, and then interject anti-Muslim commentary such as these quotes: “Then it will be Geldof wearing an orange jump suit, ready to be beheaded on video and broadcasted via Raqqa. Ignorant Geldof will finally be able to see how Islam plays out.” This generalization of Syrian refugees indicates extreme bias against Muslims.

Speisa also publishes sensational click bait headlines that focuses on a variety of topics mostly with emotionally loaded headlines and content such as “Obamagate: Photo shows Obama’s ties to radical Islam.” Speisa frequently uses factually mixed sources such as The Daily Caller and Daily Mail. Overall, this site is a questionable source due to publication of anti-Muslim propaganda and poor sourcing with an extreme right wing bias. (M. Huitsing 1/29/2018)

Trump supporters love to quote how western europe is in shambles from the islamic takeover, women are at constant danger of being raped, and rather than gun violence they have rampant acid attacks. 

Basically they think that sharia law will become the rule of the world without Trump.

Facts be damned. 

Stay safe!  You have a women with you?  If so, protect her from all the rapey immigrants!
Neither of the women that came over (marketing and sales rep) reported any rapes.
I did not get the chance to interact with any criminals, unless you want to count my light jaywalking.
There were a few homeless folks / beggars. I can see getting by in August, but rough sleeping in Sweden after September must be awful.

There's an election September 9th. Lot of posters and saw a member of the Moderate Party (which apparently is fairly far to the right in Sweden) handing out leaflets. I took one, but don't know Swedish, so probably wasted a few Kronor on me. Surprisingly few posters for the Swedish Democrats which is the big right wing party. From general conversations I had with folks I work with, Stockholm won't go big for the SD party.

My second cousin is a member of a SWAT team in Malmo. Basically only 1 of 100 of that type of officer in the entire country. He conducts raids on a weekly basis. He didn't seem to have a problem with their methods of law enforcement. Of course, I only spent a week talking to him. It's not like I had the benefit of an outdated clickbait article.

Last edited:
My second cousin is a member of a SWAT team in Malmo. Basically only 1 of 100 of that type of officer in the entire country. He conducts raids on a weekly basis. He didn't seem to have a problem with their methods of law enforcement. Of course, I only spent a week talking to him. It's not like I had the benefit of an outdated clickbait article.
The folks I talked to tended to agree that Malmo was a ####hole, much like our version of Florida or something.

The folks I talked to tended to agree that Malmo was a ####hole, much like our version of Florida or something.
Have a Swedish friend who lives in Malmö and who agrees that most of it is a ####hole. He also thinks that the PC culture in Sweden is whack and completely ####### the country up. In addition he believes that the SD /Sverigedemokraterne) are despicable but since talking realities about integration problems is frowned upon by "polite society" they will keep growing.

Swedish elections were today and polling shows an interesting result.

The far-right Swede Democrats didn't do as well as folks thought (18%, when some thought a 25% result was possible), but the left and right groups aren't going to have a majority to put a government together. 

The fear of course (for moderate Swedes) is that centre-right joins with far-right to leave the left on the outside looking in, even though the centre-left party will have the biggest share outright.

I remember similar actions for political correctness

if cameras catch a "black" man committing a crime, they cannot describe him as "black" ....  because someone thinks that's racist I guess

of course, we shouldn't call him "man" either though, that's gender specific and probably offends someone too right ?

in the future, the police will be looking for "someone" who committed a crime - and that's all the details they have to go on :(  

I remember similar actions for political correctness

if cameras catch a "black" man committing a crime, they cannot describe him as "black" ....  because someone thinks that's racist I guess

of course, we shouldn't call him "man" either though, that's gender specific and probably offends someone too right ?

in the future, the police will be looking for "someone" who committed a crime - and that's all the details they have to go on :(  
If we ever forbid giving the police descriptions of possible suspects, I'll agree with you.  I don't think that will ever happen.

If we ever forbid giving the police descriptions of possible suspects, I'll agree with you.  I don't think that will ever happen.
we see the conditioning right now - color of skin is mentioned when crimes are white on black, but black on white crimes color of skin isn't mentioned

other things too, the USA has exploded in its political correct crying the last decade

it will not get better, it will get worse

I've seen it on the forums here, people complaining about profiling and how it targets this or that .... point is, I don't think 20 years ago we'd have ever thought any  country capable of a measure like this. Now we're seeing it

Users who are viewing this thread