Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Mollie Tibbetts Murder — Political Version

Juxtatarot

Terrible senseless tragedy. I know we all agree on that. 

I thought  this thread might be appropriate for a couple reasons.

1. Politics was spilling into the FFA thread because the murderer is undocumented/an illegal immigrant. Perhaps posters need another place to talk about the politics of this.

2. Fox News has this currently as their top story even with today’s other news. Rick Santorum (yeah, I know) on CNN (yeah, I know) stated tonight that Trump supporters will view this as the most important story of the day.  I think he’s probably right and this will be used as Example 1A to support stronger/harsher immigration policies for a long time to come.

16 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

It is tragic but if we’re going to politicize this...

It happened on Trump’s watch.

Nice try, but the difference is Trump tried to stop it the whole way. This one is on the Democrats, and there is egg all over their faces. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Yes...sad that a murder will be politicized and used to further an agenda of more division and used to distract from other news.

But very much expected.

31 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Never let a good tragedy go to waste when you score some sweet political points.

Every school shooting turns into the left going gun control crazy trying to use that shooting to score political points.  And take jabs at religion.  But yeah sure you guys go with the Iowa girl getting murdered by an illegal as being the political agenda.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Trump has been POTUS for 1.5 years. His party controls Congress.  This happened on his watch.  

36 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

It still won’t get built and shouldn’t.  

And there's your answer. Dems are the reason.

Edited by GROOT
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Why has this Tibbetts story, before today, been such big news? Agree it's news, agree it's ####### awful, agree that whomever did it should be in jail for a real long time. 

A bias towards pretty, young, white women. (And a college student as well.)

Also, the possibility early on of it being a random abduction. 

12 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Every school shooting turns into the left going gun control crazy trying to use that shooting to score political points.  And take jabs at religion.  But yeah sure you guys go with the Iowa girl getting murdered by an illegal as being the political agenda.

It's gross when both "sides" do it. 

It's gross when the left turns every school mass shooting into a gun debate, and it's gross that the right is making this all about illegal immigration. 

And with that, I will excuse myself and let the usual suspects fight it out and accomplish nothing. 

• Like 7

Just now, Officer Pete Malloy said:

This girl was killed 1.5 years into MAGA.  The GOP controls both houses.

WHOSE WATCH DID THIS HAPPEN ON?

Trump. Since the Dems are for  It's now time to double down on ICE. It's time to build  the wall ten feet higher. Looks like Trump was right all along.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

A bias towards pretty, young, white women. (And a college student as well.)

Also, the possibility early on of it being a random abduction. 

Kate Steinle was also beautiful and her murderer an illegal and set free by illegal loving California 

Edited by JohnnyU

Honestly though this is not about illegal immigration on a macro level.  It is about a murderer who happens to also be an illegal alien.  Building a wall helps prevent one of those crimes - retroactively building a wall 7+ years ago solves the other....the fact is a young lady got murdered it is a horrible situation.  I can see where both parties arguments are headed though - GOP will say it is all about illegal immigration, DNC will say it has nothing to do with illegal immigration but is instead representative of misogyny built into our male dominated culture.

53 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

This girl was killed 1.5 years into MAGA.  The GOP controls both houses.

WHOSE WATCH DID THIS HAPPEN ON?

Please stop...a young girl is dead. I have 2 daughters in their early 20s..I don`t give a #### who controls both houses.

• Like 10

A wall isn't going to prevent people from coming into this country. We need the cheap labor. Today's "illegals" will just become tomorrow's "guest workers". And Hannity will still scour the wire reports for every "guest worker" who got released on parole by a liberal judge and killed a white girl.

• Like 1

The Mollie Tibbetts Murder - THE POLITICAL VERSION

1 hour ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

It is tragic but if we’re going to politicize this...

It happened on Trump’s watch.

3 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Please stop...a young girl is dead. I have 2 daughters in their early 20s..I don`t give a #### who controls both houses.

2 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I’ve given this argument serious consideration today, and I have to admit that you make a fair point. In both situations partisans allow anecdotes to confirm their political bias. And not just in these situations either. 

You’re not causing me to change my mind on this issue. But you are making me think that some of my previous reactions to shootings were far too emotionally charged. 

3 hours ago, GROOT said:

Nice try, but the difference is Trump tried to stop it the whole way. This one is on the Democrats, and there is egg all over their faces. 

The entire Democratic party murdered this woman?

Man, I hate this place sometimes.  

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, GROOT said:

I suppose we shouldn't mention that this guy was working for a Republican official in Iowa.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SacramentoBob said:

I suppose we shouldn't mention that this guy was working for a Republican official in Iowa.

It's kind of always been the dirty secret of the GOP, pre-Trump, is that a lot of corporations and businesses (particularly in ag.) were in favor of more lax immigration policies, while the Jim-Bobs were against it, forcing Republicans to have to do a bit of a two-step. W was pretty firmly on the side of the businesses, at least in terms of immigration. Trump's obviously way far back the other way, and, for whatever it's worth, doesn't seem to be really tuned in to the various needs of his party.

Anyway, I don't think Lang is on the hook, nor do I think that one murder is proof that our immigration system is flawed, if this guy did it. Should we start kicking incels out of the country? Or white nationalists?

Actually we can kick out the white nationalists.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

The entire Democratic party murdered this woman?

Man, I hate this place sometimes.  

No different than posters in the gun thread saying that all gun owners had blood on their hands after a school shooting. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KCitons said:

No different than posters in the gun thread saying that all gun owners had blood on their hands after a school shooting. 

I agreed earlier with RW drawing this parallel of the gun debate, but I think you’re taking it a bit too far here. Who wrote that all gun owners have blood on their hands? Certainly nobody I can think of. 

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I agreed earlier with RW drawing this parallel of the gun debate, but I think you’re taking it a bit too far here. Who wrote that all gun owners have blood on their hands? Certainly nobody I can think of. 

Read the entire gun thread and get back to me. Just because you can't think of anyone, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

• Like 1