Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Mollie Tibbetts Murder — Political Version

7 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Must have learned how to use the search function. 

Please show me where I said it was cool if "my team" said this? I will need quoted text please. Not just a link. 

No thanks...I’ve seen enough of your work to not engage you beyond this.

This thread has been about...well, others make fun arguments after shooting so making immigration/wall talk with this is acceptable.  It’s ridiculous...it happened.  It’s up to you if you want to try arguing or just agree to the obvious.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please stop...a young girl is dead. I have 2 daughters in their early 20s..I don`t give a #### who controls both houses.

Just a sad story. 

It's gross when both "sides" do it.  It's gross when the left turns every school mass shooting into a gun debate, and it's gross that the right is making this all about illegal immigration. 

1 minute ago, dgreen said:

Does our culture do that? By "our culture", I assume you just mean the United States. And I'd guess the US is one of the better places for women to live. A US News and World Report ranking put the US at the 16th best country for women. Given the size of our country and how large our population is, that's kind of impressive. I mean, we're actually a mix of many different cultures and you can find just about any situation you're looking for somewhere in this country. I'm sure certain parts of our country are better than others for women. If our country was broken down into smaller segments for the ranking, I'm guessing several segments would rank much higher (and some obviously lower).

When compared to other cultures and our own country's previous cultures, we're probably doing a pretty good job. So, I'm not totally convinced that our culture encourages men to harass women. Or, if we do encourage it on some level, I'm not sure how much it is to blame for crimes against women. Can we be better? Absolutely. And we should work towards that and have the discussions you suggest. Even if it is less of a problem than you suggest, it's still worth discussing and improving.

That's an embarrassing, shameful number IMO.

24 minutes ago, KCitons said:

This is a pathetic answer. Not willing to spend two seconds because you know you're wrong. 

You spend more time than that searching Twitter for things to post here. 

I asked for someone to come up with one quote from the Shootings thread to verify your claim that someone said that all gun owners have blood on their hands. You couldn't do it, and apparently no one else could either. Similar statements on other subjects or variations were found in other threads, but, not the offending phrase from that thread.

If that specific accusation or claim was never said in that thread, then no matter how much time I spend looking, I would never find it, because it does not exist. You can't prove a negative.

If you make a claim someone said something, then the burden is on you to find the quote and provide the link, the burden is not on those who dispute your claim.

Edited by squistion
24 minutes ago, squistion said:

His culture? If there was any doubt that the frequent bad hombres references to Hispanics were not racist, then this should confirm it.

Tobias used the word culture first.  Odd you and others attack this poster for using the same word. 

• Like 2
Just now, sho nuff said:

No thanks...I’ve seen enough of your work to not engage you beyond this.

This thread has been about...well, others make fun arguments after shooting so making immigration/wall talk with this is acceptable.  It’s ridiculous...it happened.  It’s up to you if you want to try arguing or just agree to the obvious.

This thread is the same as all threads here. Mostly hypocritical viewpoints fueled by a politics or philosophy. Usually 90% of the posters have the same viewpoint. But, when backed into a corner, out come the arguments over semantics and how it's not worth engaging in conversation. 

Bottom line, my correlations is not wrong. Your claim against it was. 

Here's a link to help you through it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

That's an embarrassing, shameful number IMO.

What wouldn’t be embarrassing?

The 15 countries ahead of the US combine for only 20 million more people than the US.  I’d guess they are far less diverse, too. 

The top country is Denmark. Comparing the US to Denmark is like comparing California to Washington, DC. 

15 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Tobias used the word culture first.  Odd you and others attack this poster for using the same word. 

Tobias saying our culture is racist? I don't think so. However, differentiating between our culture and his culture (meaning Latino/Hispanic) does convey a different meaning, at least it does to me.

Perhaps the OP can come in and explain what exactly he meant by his culture, so that he is not unjustly accused of racism, but I won't be waiting with baited breath to see his response.

Edited by squistion
20 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

It's gross when both "sides" do it. 

It's gross when the left turns every school mass shooting into a gun debate, and it's gross that the right is making this all about illegal immigration. 

And with that, I will excuse myself and let the usual suspects fight it out and accomplish nothing. 

:popcorn: 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, KCitons said:

This thread is the same as all threads here. Mostly hypocritical viewpoints fueled by a politics or philosophy. Usually 90% of the posters have the same viewpoint. But, when backed into a corner, out come the arguments over semantics and how it's not worth engaging in conversation. 

Bottom line, my correlations is not wrong. Your claim against it was. 

Here's a link to help you through it.

I’d admit I was wrI’m ng...if I actually was.

Try harder

17 minutes ago, squistion said:

Tobias saying our culture is racist? I don't think so. However, differentiating between our culture and his culture (meaning Latino/Hispanic) does convey a different meaning, at least it does to me.

Perhaps the OP can come in and explain what exactly he meant by his culture, so that he is not unjustly accused of racism, but I won't be waiting with baited breath to see his response.

His culture = culture of the place he is from

Our culture = culture of the place we are from

Still weird how you pounce on one and excuse the other

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

His culture = culture of the place he is from

Our culture = culture of the place we are from

Still weird how you pounce on one and excuse the other

How does his culture, the place he is from, bear any relation to this crime and how does that differ from our culture? Are Mexicans more likely to be rapists, murderers and other types of criminals because of their country of origin?

15 minutes ago, squistion said:

How does his culture, the place he is from, bear any relation to this crime and how does that differ from our culture? Are Mexicans more likely to be rapists, murderers and other types of criminals because of their country of origin?

Ask both people that used the word culture?   That's why I told you it's weird your all over only one of the people for using a general word like that.  I would expect consistency at least.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Ask both people that used the word culture?   That's why I told you it's weird your all over only one of the people for using a general word like that.  I would expect consistency at least.

I asked UCC what he meant, but he has yet to respond, which has been history when pressed to explain racist or bigoted remarks. I know what Tobias meant and it was not racist.

15 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Why would you?

The two statements weren’t the same.  One appeared to be a bigoted comment and the other the meaning was obvious.

When corncob toupee was asked by multiple people to clarify...he ran off to other threads and refused to answer direct questions.

Do you agree with CornCobs post? Or coming in to pile on squis again?

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

The two statements weren’t the same.  One appeared to be a bigoted comment and the other the meaning was obvious.

When corncob toupee was asked by multiple people to clarify...he ran off to other threads and refused to answer direct questions.

Do you agree with CornCobs post? Or coming in to pile on squis again?

Coming in to be unexcellent to posters again by changing up their usernames?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

That’s not what Warren said?

Ms. Warren began by offering condolences to Ms. Tibbetts’ family, but quickly shifted to the need for immigration reform to focus on “real problems,” like the treatment of illegal immigrants at the border. She cited President Trump’s now-reversed immigration policy that resulted in hundreds of migrant children being separated from their families.

She described the treatment of illegals at the border as "real problems" when asked about this young lady's murder

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Ms. Warren began by offering condolences to Ms. Tibbetts’ family, but quickly shifted to the need for immigration reform to focus on “real problems,” like the treatment of illegal immigrants at the border. She cited President Trump’s now-reversed immigration policy that resulted in hundreds of migrant children being separated from their families.

She described the treatment of illegals at the border as "real problems" when asked about this young lady's murder

Posting ng partial quites is interesting...as is proving my point that she didn’t say as Underachievers claimed.

So you agree what he stated is false.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

This wall would be the BEST wall.  It would make the ones in China and Westeros look like a speed bump.  

Just like Trump always hires the BEST people?

Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect 'was not who he said he was,' employer says

Aug.22.201801:51

The Mexican immigrant accused of murdering University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts used another person's name and identification to get a job on a family farm owned by a prominent Iowa Republican, the owners of the business said Wednesday.

The revelation came after murder suspect Cristhian Bahena Rivera made his first court appearance and was ordered held on $5 million cash bond.

Lang said that when Rivera applied for a job four years ago at the farm, he produced an Iowa state ID and a Social Security card that they checked out by calling the Social Security administration — not the government-run E-Verify system as they had said in an earlier statement.

Mollie Tibbetts

10 hours ago, Biff84 said:

Like he cares. He didn’t care when he went after a gold star family or a POW. It’s all about creating a distraction and feeding the base.

Or maybe its trying to knock some sense into people who think is a good idea to have open borders. Beats the democrat way, which is go into hiding because your let everyone in immigration stance has blown up in your face again. Then wait for it to die down so you can come out later and claim we need to let everyone in again.

11 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Or maybe its trying to knock some sense into people who think is a good idea to have open borders. Beats the democrat way, which is go into hiding because your let everyone in immigration stance has blown up in your face again. Then wait for it to die down so you can come out later and claim we need to let everyone in again.

Democrats are not calling for open borders or to let everyone in.

14 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Even if the rest of this post was true (it's not), you seem to be saying that "knocking some sense into people" is a valid reason to disregard the wishes of a family mourning the recent murder of their daughter. Is that what you think?

38 minutes ago, squistion said:

Democrats are not calling for open borders or to let everyone in.

Thats not what is inferred from Pelosi and Warren.  Abolishing ICE is as good as opening borders

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Thats not what is inferred from Pelosi and Warren.  Abolishing ICE is as good as opening borders

Pelosi has not called for abolishing ICE. False talking point from Trump and Fox:

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/13/17568170/house-democrats-abolish-ice-bill-jayapal-pocan-immigration-congress

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has called for “an immediate and fundamental overhaul” of the agency but stopped short of saying it should be disbanded altogether.

Warren had similar sentiments calling for ICE to be replaced with “something that reflects our values” https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/29/17518176/democrats-to-abolish-ice-movement-gillibrand-de-blasio-ocasio-cortez but she didn't go into specifics, however she wants some sort of agency in place that would do what ICE is doing.

Edited by squistion
3 minutes ago, squistion said:

Pelosi has not called for abolishing ICE. False talking point from Trump and Fox:

Warren had similar sentiments calling for ICE to be replaced with “something that reflects our values” https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/29/17518176/democrats-to-abolish-ice-movement-gillibrand-de-blasio-ocasio-cortez but she didn't go into specifics, however she wants some sort of agency in place that would do what ICE is doing.

Pelosi = Sanctuary cities and welcoming illegal immigrants.  That's all I need to know about her

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

This is so wrong it's actually kind of impressive. First, ICE just 15 years old- which would mean that according to you we had open borders until 2003. Second, ICE doesn't even patrol the border. CBP does.  Third, Pelosi has explicitly said she doesn't want to abolish ICE. Here's a story on it from today (last couple paragraphs).

Maybe next time take 30 seconds to make sure you have some idea what the hell you're talking about before posting, so almost everything you say isn't quite so spectacularly wrong?

• Like 4
1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

Pelosi = Sanctuary cities and welcoming illegal immigrants.  That's all I need to know about her

Then why lie and say she wants to abolish ICE?  IF you think that's enough toget your message across then say it.  Clearly you didn't actually think that it was enough, or you wouldn't have lied.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

JohnnyU: "Pelosi wants to abolish ICE!"

Fact checker: "That isn't true"

JohnnyU: "Doesn't matter, she is for Sanctuary cities welcoming illegals! That is all I need to know"

Fact checker: :mellow:

2 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Then why lie and say she wants to abolish ICE?  IF you think that's enough toget your message across then say it.  Clearly you didn't actually think that it was enough, or you wouldn't have lied.

ICE was a Warren referral.  I should have structured the two topics separately with each person

1 minute ago, squistion said:

JohnnyU: "Pelosi wants to abolish ICE!"

Fact checker: "That isn't true"

JohnnyU: "Doesn't matter, she is for Sanctuary cities welcoming illegals! That is all I need to know"

Fact checker: :mellow:

Again. Meant to refer ICE with Warren and Santuary cities and illegal immigrants with Pelosi

2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

ICE was a Warren referral.  I should have structured the two topics separately with each person

You didn't even mention the second topic in the post.  And you still haven't explained how wanting to abolish a 15 year old agency that doesn't even patrol the border amounts to wanting open borders, a phrase that either means literally no guarding of borders or at most unlimited immigration (as the National Review has described) and has nothing to do with the enforcement policies you are describing.

6 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

You didn't even mention the second topic in the post.  And you still haven't explained how wanting to abolish a 15 year old agency that doesn't even patrol the border amounts to wanting open borders, a phrase that either means literally no guarding of borders or at most unlimited immigration (as the National Review has described) and has nothing to do with the enforcement policies you are describing.

ICE is doing a great job, why should it be changed?

4 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

ICE is doing a great job, why should it be changed?

That's quite an abrupt subject change- in fact I didn't even say ICE should be changed or abolished. It happens that I do want them abolished though, so I'll answer your questions after you answer mine.  Why did you claim that wanting to abolish ICE- which has only existed for 15 years and doesn't even patrol the border- means you want open borders? What do enforcement policies have to do with open borders? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Who is actually fighting for open borders?  Who are these people?  I keep hearing this but I have yet to see anyone say they want this.  This is worse than saying all Dems want a complete ban on guns.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, lod001 said:

Why in the world would you base anything on anecdotal evidence?  Oh, that's right, you're a Republican.  That's what they do to cause fear and divisiveness amongst their base.  Pathetic.

Edited by rodg12
1 minute ago, butcher boy said:

So doing things that are illegal is good?  Come here legally and everything is fine!

Who said it was good.  I can understand why some people do illegal things.  I can sympathize with certain people.  Every situation is different.  I don't fault someone for doing everything they can to escape terrible living conditions and going to a place where they can live a good life.  It's natural.

Just like you I want them to do it legally but I don't think that's always an option for everyone.

Just now, butcher boy said:

Sure, if you take it out of context.  It wasn't her fault.  It's the fault of the school systems.  

Yeah, that doesn't really help. Good luck with it though- it's hard when you have to articulate your own thoughts instead of just cutting and pasting from the Free Republic message board!

• Like 3

I have never met a person who wants open borders. I’m rather extreme on this issue, much more extreme than the vast majority of Democrats (not to mention Americans) and even I don’t want open borders. I want open immigration, available to all who want to come so long as they are not felons, terrorists, or health risks, but in an orderly, legal fashion. I know I’ll never get that. And I want amnesty and a path to citiizenship for the undocumented people already here if they pay a fine for breaking the law and don’t commit felonies. I DO expect that someday I might get that.