Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Mollie Tibbetts Murder — Political Version

Juxtatarot

2 hours ago, squistion said:

And they are supposed to provide a link or attribution identifying the website or author, not passing it off as their own work, which is plagiarism.

Plagiarism on Football forum, funny shtick there. Are you an English Teacher? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KCitons said:

There in lies the problem. I don't see that happening. This place is all about sides. If you're on the right side, you're golden. 

Even if he plagiarized a quote from another forum, you guys are treating it like he stole it from Hemingway or Twain. 

How many movie quotes, music lyrics or other comments are stated here without giving reference to the original author? Make American Great should have credit given each time it's used on this board.

Kind of like Hollywood or Politics. 

Depending on which side you are on depends on what you can get away with.

1 hour ago, KCitons said:

I'm not arguing. I'm just pointing out the facts. How do you know that he didn't post that on the other site? Do you know responsibility2nd personally?

Also, take a look at the two posts side by side. Are they exactly the same? No. What percentage needs to be changed to eliminate plagiarism? Keep in mind the number of times posters here post something close to what someone else already said online. 

Ultimately, you don't agree with what he said and are going to concentrate on ways to silence his opinion.  

Unless he has multiple usernames at Free Republic they aren't all from him.  He has copy/pasted posts from multiple users in simultaneous posts here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dickies said:

Unless he has multiple usernames at Free Republic they aren't all from him.  He has copy/pasted posts from multiple users in simultaneous posts here.

Yeah, because people here don't have multiple usernames?

Still seems odd that this is the hill everyone wants to die on. Plagiarism of a message board post. :shrug:

Some of you can't see the forest through the trees. (and yes, I know the quote is a little different. But, I didn't want to plagiarize) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Yeah, because people here don't have multiple usernames?

Still seems odd that this is the hill everyone wants to die on. Plagiarism of a message board post. :shrug:

Some of you can't see the forest through the trees. (and yes, I know the quote is a little different. But, I didn't want to plagiarize) 

:shrug:  It's incredibly stupid, but not a huge deal to me.  When I found out all he does is copy/paste from other message boards without citing I put him on ignore.  If we are choosing hills to die on, defending FreeRepublicBot is an odd choice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dickies said:

:shrug:  It's incredibly stupid, but not a huge deal to me.  When I found out all he does is copy/paste from other message boards without citing I put him on ignore.  If we are choosing hills to die on, defending FreeRepublicBot is an odd choice.

Lot's of stupidity around here. Intelligence has never been a prerequisite for admission. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Are you saying there aren't people on this board that you think are stupid? 

(good luck answering this question)

I will stipulate many people on this forum have a poor opinion of me.

However, I have never said anything about those who disagree with me like this:

7 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Lot's of stupidity around here. Intelligence has never been a prerequisite for admission. 

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

I will stipulate many people on this forum have a poor opinion of me.

However, I have never said anything about those who disagree with me like this:

You have a difficult time following conversations. Go back and reread the quote. (I know, taking 2 seconds to understand something may be too much to ask). 

Dickies said it was incredibly stupid. Which is why I responded that there's lots of stupidity around here. It's what fuels most of the threads here. 

2 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Dickies said it was incredibly stupid. Which is why I responded that there's lots of stupidity around here. It's what fuels most of the threads here. 

Wish it weren't like that and people could discuss the issues in a civil manner. (I admit I'm guilty of throwing fuel on some fires)

Just now, Dickies said:

Wish it weren't like that and people could discuss the issues in a civil manner. (I admit I'm guilty of throwing fuel on some fires)

It is what it is. People have their convictions and they stick to them. For better or for worse.

But, it is yet another example of the hypocrisy by some posters here. I was called out for making a general statement about the stupidity level, while you made a more specific statement about something being stupid. But, nobody questioned your statement? Why do you think that is?

10 minutes ago, KCitons said:

You have a difficult time following conversations. Go back and reread the quote. (I know, taking 2 seconds to understand something may be too much to ask). 

Geebus, once again that was uncalled for.

3 minutes ago, KCitons said:

It is what it is. People have their convictions and they stick to them. For better or for worse.

But, it is yet another example of the hypocrisy by some posters here. I was called out for making a general statement about the stupidity level, while you made a more specific statement about something being stupid. But, nobody questioned your statement? Why do you think that is?

https://i.redd.it/58cs1uydswh11.jpg

• Like 1

It’s worse if he didn’t plagiarize. Of all the people I can think of who post in this subforum, Butcher Boy’s comments are easily among the most bigoted, offensive, and unintelligent. The fact that he apparently steals them from FreeRepublic only makes him look slightly better- who would want to be thought of as the original creator of such remarks? 

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s worse if he didn’t plagiarize. Of all the people I can think of who post in this subforum, Butcher Boy’s comments are easily among the most bigoted, offensive, and unintelligent. The fact that he apparently steals them from FreeRepublic only makes him look slightly better- who would want to be thought of as the original creator of such remarks? 

For Christ sake get back to the FFA and fix BOLLOCKS 

9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No. It means he shares the same thoughts but is too stupid to put those thoughts into his own words 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, zftcg said:

https://twitter.com/chrisriotta/status/1032707988312739841?s=21

NEW: A Russian-linked network of Twitter accounts began tweeting thousands of divisive posts surrounding Mollie Tibbetts’ death as news arrived about Paul Manafort's guilty verdict and Michael Cohen's guilty plea.

Shocking

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, zftcg said:

NEW: A Russian-linked network of Twitter accounts began tweeting thousands of divisive posts surrounding Mollie Tibbetts’ death as news arrived about Paul Manafort's guilty verdict and Michael Cohen's guilty plea.

Yes, but this will have no effect on discussion in the US. Nobody will be stupid enough to parrot them. Again.

8 hours ago, zftcg said:

Those pesky Ruskies telling us what to think again.  Surely nobody would be upset about this if not for those bots.   ?

10 hours ago, squistion said:

Geebus, once again that was uncalled for.

Funny how my comments are uncalled for. But yours are perfectly fine. 

On 8/22/2018 at 7:33 AM, squistion said:

Translation: I made a ridiculous claim I can't back up that posters in the gun thread saying that all gun owners had blood on their hands after a school shooting so I will direct you to the thread where if you were spend hours scrolling through it you wouldn't find anything.

On 8/22/2018 at 7:42 AM, squistion said:

Provide an example via quote of someone saying that, or stop making ridiculous claims. I am not going spend two seconds looking for something that probably doesn't exist.

Even when spoon fed instructions on how to find information, you demand more. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

wtf is your point with that link? I've stated for the last year and a half that, if given a chance to vote to impeach Trump, I'd try to vote twice. 

Again, another example of how posters react on this board. My original statement in this thread made no mention of Mollie's death, or my thoughts on illegal immigrants. It merely pointed out the hypocrisy of both sides when it comes to making poor generalizations based on their political stance. 

I also don't believe that quoting someones comment from another message board is plagiarism in the sense that some of you do. 

You take these two things and want to paint me as something I'm not.  I would expect Squistion to say it is uncalled for. (but we know that would never happen)

55 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Even when spoon fed instructions on how to find information, you demand more. 

You made a claim that people in the Shootings thread said that all gun owners have blood on their hands.

It is was an untrue claim. I asked you documentation in the form of a quote but you couldn't provide it, because it doesn't exist.

Instead you asked me to search the thread to find something that wasn't there. One can not prove a negative.

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

You made a claim that people in the Shootings thread said that all gun owners have blood on their hands.

It is was an untrue claim. I asked you documentation in the form of a quote but you couldn't provide it, because it doesn't exist.

Instead you asked me to search the thread to find something that wasn't there. One can not prove a negative.

You’re hung up on one word.  All.  Otherwise I proved you wrong two days ago.   But in every single thread you insist on being right and nitpick every single thing when normal people knew exactly what he meant.  Then you’ll troll those people for weeks like you do with hell toupee

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

You’re hung up on one word.  All.  Otherwise I proved you wrong two days ago.   But in every single thread you insist on being right and nitpick every single thing when normal people knew exactly what he meant.  Then you’ll troll those people for weeks like you do with hell toupee

Of course I am, in this case All was a sweeping generalization like, let's say, making the statement All Mexicans are rapists versus Some Mexicans are rapists. It mischaracterized what those who are calling for common sense gun reform are saying (as it would be similarly irresponsible to label all gun owners as holding the same position or assign collective guilt).

People have gotten time outs for saying All Trump supporters are _______ and the mods don't consider it an excuse to say that normal people knew exactly what was meant.

If you make a factual claim on this forum you are expected to back it up, the burden is upon you to do so, not those who dispute your claim. Otherwise people could make up stuff like there was massive voting fraud in New Hampshire or other such nonsense and not be held accountable.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Of course I am, in this case All was a sweeping generalization like, let's say, making the statement All Mexicans are rapists versus Some Mexicans are rapists. It mischaracterized what those who are calling for common sense gun reform are saying (as it would be similarly irresponsible to label all gun owners as holding the same position or assign collective guilt).

People have gotten time outs for saying All Trump supporters are _______ and the mods don't consider it an excuse to say that normal people knew exactly what was meant.

If you make a factual claim on this forum you are expected to back it up, the burden is upon you to do so, not those who dispute your claim. Otherwise people could make up stuff like there was massive voting fraud in New Hampshire or other such nonsense and not be held accountable.

Again, funny who you pick and choose to hold accountable.   

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Uncle CornCob said:

:link:

Edited:

You first, as Sho noted below you have yet to clarify this:

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:10 PM, Uncle CornCob said:

I don’t think our culture had anything to do with it, I think his culture played a role here

Edited by squistion

3 minutes ago, Uncle CornCob said:

Never mind sho , he’s on ignore . I’m talking to you

And I am talking to you too. You can't demand a link from me when you explain the below claim:

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:10 PM, Uncle CornCob said:

I don’t think our culture had anything to do with it, I think his culture played a role here

How did his culture play a role in the murder he committed?

Edited by squistion

6 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

14 minutes ago, squistion said:

Not sure if it will shut you two up, or rile you up more (and it's Friday, so I'm good with either).  But on May 28th in the USA shooting thread by "bigSteelThrill" (sorry, I don't know how to link to it) it was said:

"Pro-gun, pro-NRA people have a hand in the bloodshed.  You could go back 100 pages and see the same thing being stated."  Now that's not word for word the quote from above, but I'd say if you're a "gun owner", you're likely "pro gun" (as in all gun owners are pro gun, but not all pro gun are in fact gun owners) - and "hand in the bloodshed" is pretty much the same as "blood on your hands." 

"KCitons" then asked for clarification, saying (in the form of a question back to him, to clarify his thoughts) "What you're left with is telling every gun owner (in here or in society) that they have a hand in bloodshed."  He responded with "Yep"

Carry on.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roadkill1292 said:

I don't think it's too much to ask HTP to explain his "his culture" remark. Because it sounds like a pretty loud dog whistle on its face. A little explanation may go a long way to reassuring us that it wasn't meant that way.

Tobias mentioned culture where the guy lives here in the US first.  Why do you need an explanation of one culture remark but not the other?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

I don't think it's too much to ask HTP to explain his "his culture" remark. Because it sounds like a pretty loud dog whistle on its face. A little explanation may go a long way to reassuring us that it wasn't meant that way.

Dog whistle. It's a bull horn. Like bad hombres. That bastardized English/Spanish blend was meant to be pejorative and no explanation was ever given for that, outside of pointing to dictionary definitions of the individual words in separate languages. ("This is what bad means in English, This is what hombre means in Spanish").

Edited by squistion