What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

5 Bold Predictions for the 2018 Season (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
I haven’t seen a bold predictions topic, and it feels like it’s time. 

Gimmiw your 5 bold predictions for the 2018 season. 

Remember - these are bold. I don’t want no “Josh Gordon will have 2800 receiving yards & 37 TDs. Sheeeeeet, we all already know that, @Soulfly3can verify..  :ph34r:

I’m talkin Bold. Upstart winning the Super Bowl bold. 10th round player putting up top 5 numbers bold. 

Lets have em! 

:bold:

:hifive:

Kenny Stills will put up Top20 WR #’s

Peyton Barber will put up Top20 RB #’s

Alex Smith will put up Top5 QB #’s

Cordarrelle Patterson will be the most productive NE WR

John Ross will be the most productive Cindy WR
Man, I love every one of these calls. The Patterson one is the most intriguing and too many people within and without the organization are talking about how this kid is having a great pre-season and things are starting to click. I can't forget the fact that he's one of the most dangerous players in the NFL in open space. I think he's worth a late round flyer in all drafts. 

In an actual NFL offense, Marcus Mariota becomes the top-5 QB many thought he'd be last year.

On a PPG basis, Winston ends up being the #2 QB after Rodgers, and all Tampa pass catchers exceed their ADP's.

LeSean McCoy has one last elite season, and finishes as a top-3 RB, while seeing close to 400 touches. 

Keenan Allen finishes as the #1 overall WR, after a huge surge in redzone usage leads to 12 TD's, to go along with 1,600 yards, and 125 catches. 

The Eagles might have kept the wrong TE. Trey Burton explodes as the centerpiece of the Bears passing game, putting up 1,000-10 and finishing #2 behind only Gronk.

I agree with the above, that Peyton Barber will be a top 20 RB this season, Melvin Gordon not so much: 75 carries, 32 rush yards, .5  td/gm.wash, rinse, repeat.. :P

Matt Ryan will once again be in the NFL MVP discussion, nearly duplicating his 2016 stats. he's going to be ON FIRE this season!  

Kenyan Drake will be in the hunt for the #1 RB, and the NFL's rushing title.

Royce Freeman will be a top 10 RB, rushing for 1300 yards and double-digit TDs.a true workhorse

Doug Martin will be the #1 RB in Oakland rushing for over 1000 yards and 10+ TDs

EACH of the Big Three Rookie QBs will each throw for over 3000 yards, and flirt with 20+ TDs. Allen, Rosen, Mayfield. ( hey you said bold, right?)

Aaron Jones finishes in the top 10 for RBs in fantasy points/game average

Chris Godwin is a top 25 WR

Peyton Barber is a top 15 RB (you guys are shooting too low for top 20)

Eli Manning is a top 8 QB

I agree with above, John Ross as the most productive WR in CIN

Mike Wallace leads the Eagles in receiving yards

Chicago Bears win the NFC North

Corey Clement outscores Jay Ajayi in fantasy ppr leagues

Chris Hogan is a top 15 WR

Sam Darnold flirts with QB1 (top 12) numbers all season

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan Wilkins wins offensive rookie of the year.

Tom Brady comes out of the closet.

A team from Ohio wins the AFC North.

The Seattle Seahawks earn the #1 pick in next year's draft.

Andrew Luck is named NFL MVP. 

QB Goff will be top 5 QB

RB Drake falters and Ballage gets 1250 yards and

WR #4 is Marquis Goodwin

TE Virgil Green catches 85 passes

DEF the #1 is New Orleans Saints

Mahomes finishes as a top 5 QB.

Cooper finishes as a top 3 WR.

Michel and R. Freeman both finish as a top 15 RBs.

Tarik Cohen catches 80 balls.

Dixon and Ballage both take over as lead RB at some point.

4 immediately jumped out at me, 2 of which were already sniped but I will post them anyway

Robby Anderson is top 15 WR

Alvin Kamara is not in the top 15 RB

Corey Clement outscored Ajayi (sniped)

Kenny Stills is a top 20 WR (sniped)

Last one I will go with Isiah Crowell finishing top 10 RB.

CMC catches a hundred balls

Chris Hogan is a WR1

Austin Hooper finally breaks out, 8 TDs

John Ross sneaks into the top 25 WRs

Aaron Jones is the starter by week 8

Jarvis Landry takes the AB role in the Todd Haley offense and posts 100 rec for 1300 yards and 8 TDs and finishes in the top 3 WR's

Alvin Kamara is CJ Spiller 2.0 and finishes outside the top 24 RB's and its not injury related.

The Bills are actually decent and win 9 games.  Kelvin Benjamin is a top 20 WR and McCoy finishes top 5 in RB's

John Gruden goes full 1980's and Marshawn rushes for 315 attempts and finishes as the top RB as they have the most cream puff schedule in the league.

Rams defense is the #1 defense by a large margin and we will avoid playing all offensive players against them in FF.  Looking back at the end of the year they will have been worth a 8-9th round pick.

A.J Green finishes the year as the overall WR1

Jonathan Williams unseats Ingram and finishes the year a high-end RB2

James Conner outscores Le'Veon Bell

Jacob Hollister finishes the year as a TE1

Albert Wilson is MIA's leading receiver

Marquise Goodwin - finishes the season as a top 15 WR

Randall Cobb- finishes the season as a top 15 WR with 9+ TDs

Tyreek Hill - Finishes as the #1 WR in FF

Garoppolo -  Finishes as a top 3 FF QB. Throwing 30+ TDs

Thielen - Scores 7+ TDs and is the most targeted WR on the Vikings again. Finishing as a top 8 WR. 

Jimmy G wins no more games with 16 starts than he did with 5 starts last year.  49ers finish with 5 wins total and the whole offense under-performs their ADP (lol at Marquise Goodwin being a true WR1 in the NFL).

McCoy will  have a down year but come out of nowhere to be the highest scoring fantasy playoffs RB.(Jets, Lions, Patriots run defenses!).

Trey Burton will finish TE3 with 1,000/10

Both PIT and NO finish the season with winning "away" records (both are usually notoriously bad on the road) and are the #1 seeds in the playoffs.

Aaron Jones misses the first four games but still finishes as the highest scoring RB on the packers by 50 points (in PPR).

Bonus:  Luck finishes QB5+, wins 10+ games, and wins Comeback Player of the Year.

Kenny Stills will put up Top20 WR #’s

Peyton Barber will put up Top20 RB #’s

Alex Smith will put up Top5 QB #’s

Cordarrelle Patterson will be the most productive NE WR

John Ross will be the most productive Cindy WR
Smith was QB4 in many scoring formats last year. Not a bold call.  A bold call would be Jimmy G or Mariota putting up top 5 numbers.

OK, let's go real bold here...

- Frank Gore learns how to read

- Todd Gurley leads the league... in passing

- Ufomba Kamalu tackles Equanimeous St. Brown and the announcer goes full-on #######

- The only player not flagged will be The Headless Horseman

- Philip Rivers leads all QB's in rushing yards

The old QB in NE Jimmy G will outscore the current NE QB Tom Brady

Todd Gurley and Leveon Bell are both outside the top 10 this year

Laquon Treadwell has the most points out of the Vikings wide receiving corp

Trey Burton will be a top 3 TE

Jarvis Landry takes the AB role in the Todd Haley offense and posts 100 rec for 1300 yards and 8 TDs and finishes in the top 3 WR's

Alvin Kamara is CJ Spiller 2.0 and finishes outside the top 24 RB's and its not injury related.

The Bills are actually decent and win 9 games.  Kelvin Benjamin is a top 20 WR and McCoy finishes top 5 in RB's

John Gruden goes full 1980's and Marshawn rushes for 315 attempts and finishes as the top RB as they have the most cream puff schedule in the league.

Rams defense is the #1 defense by a large margin and we will avoid playing all offensive players against them in FF.  Looking back at the end of the year they will have been worth a 8-9th round pick.
Didn't the Bills win 9 games last year?

robby anderson top 15 wr

corey davis top 10 wr

derrick henry top 5 rb in non ppr

mike evans finishes outside the top 25 wr

allen robinson finishes outside the top 40 wr

Bold Predictions - Time Machine Edition

Adrian Peterson leads the league in Rushing Yards

Dez Bryant catches on with a team mid-season.  Leads the league in receiving TDs weeks 8-16

Frank Gore leads the AFC East in Rushing Yards

Drew Brees wins MVP and Super Bowl MVP

Larry Fitzgerald breaks the single season reception record

Adrian Peterson 1000 yds rushing

Andrew Luck bottom 1/3 of starting QBs

DJ Moore explodes onto the scene. top 10 WR

Chris Carson 1000 yds rushing

Despite all the Derrius Guice hype, he will have zero offensive yards in 2018

Chris Hogan finishes as the #1 WR in PPR

Ben Roethlisberger finishes as the #2 QB

Trey Burton finishes as the #1 TE

Saquon Barkley finishes as the  #1 RB

1. The Browns will win 8 games or more

2. Kelvin Benjamin will finish as a high WR2.

3. Tennessee produces an RB1, WR1, TE1 and a QB1. Henry, Davis, Walker, Mariota. This offense is going to fly this year. They win the AFC South.

4. Latavius Murray has ~200 touches and steals some goal line work. Finishes as a low RB2. Cook finishes as a RB1 despite this.

5. Goedert finishes as a TE1.

Because people are stupid and/or uninformed? His projections are around QB10.  It's not a bold call just because the general masses are pessimistic. Experts have him in the top 10 already. It's not a bold call.
What experts? Sigmond Bloom is the only FBG "expert" to have Smith ranked at his highest ranking of QB10 in the last 90 days. His average on the FBG rankings for redraft over the last 90 days is QB17. Are you calling the FBG experts stupid and/or uninformed, or pessimistic? 

4 immediately jumped out at me, 2 of which were already sniped but I will post them anyway

Robby Anderson is top 15 WR

Alvin Kamara is not in the top 15 RB

Corey Clement outscored Ajayi (sniped)

Kenny Stills is a top 20 WR (sniped)

Last one I will go with Isiah Crowell finishing top 10 RB.
I like Anderson a lot as a player, but I've cooled off on him big time since it looks like Darnold will start. I just can't see the Jets throwing the ball downfield enough in Darnold's first season. I see them throwing short to intermediate passes to Kearse, Enunwa, and believe it or not, the TEs.

Jameis Winston leads the NFL in passing yards per game

Gio Bernard finishes the year as the Bengals' starter and their most valuable fantasy RB (and not because of injury)

Julian Edelman leads the NFL in receptions per game

Mike Gesicki leads the Dolphins in receptions

Dustin Hopkins is the top fantasy kicker

- Kenyan Drake is a top 10 PPR RB

- Marquise Goodwin is a top 20 WR

- JuJu outscores AB

- Hayden Hurst is a top 10 TE

- Joe Mixon outscores any other RB from the 2017 draft and makes the Pro Bowl

Users who are viewing this thread