What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Moore, WR (CHI) (1 Viewer)

Very interested in this guy. A bit blocked just at the moment but an injury or two ahead of him and we might have something....a perfect last bench spot stash in dynasty if your rosters are deep enough.

Keeping an eye on Moore - just the one target yesterday but I could see him getting worked in more. Probably has more upside than the rest of the WRs there (assuming Baldwin is out) if he gets on the field regularly. 

Debating making him end of roster stash. Could he fill Baldwin role with him out? Marshall is not that type of WR. Lockett will probably stay Lockett. So it's him or Brown right?

He's listed 3rd on the depth chart behind Baldwin and Marshall.  So maybe he can get in on some 3 and 4 WR sets depending on how they use Brown.  I'd like to think that he can shine given the opportunity, but how many snaps and targets will he get? :shrug:

I was debating whether to add Moore before Baldwins injury, but he now becomes a priority FA in dynasty leagues, IMO.

Moore is difficult to defend. Lots of upside.

Yeah I've picked him up on all my dynasty rosters. Could be one of those out of nowhere waiver wire guys who turn into real assets. Every year there are a few... 

I was debating whether to add Moore before Baldwins injury, but he now becomes a priority FA in dynasty leagues, IMO.

Moore is difficult to defend. Lots of upside.
Have you watched much of him? Saw some high school level D2 tape not much to take away from that. And then some preseason highlights. But can't really take anything definitive away. 

Have you watched much of him? Saw some high school level D2 tape not much to take away from that. And then some preseason highlights. But can't really take anything definitive away. 
Not a lot which is why I didn't go into detail, but he's fast, strong, athletic, & has good size.

The highlights I did see it was evident Moore is tough to defend, especially on 50/50-type balls, but he's fairly raw. Like with a lot of young WRs, his development will dictate a lot.

As far as raw upside, Moore has it in spades & technically has a high ceiling, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
His pro day numbers are kind of ridiculous.  This dude is big and strong, and he is near elite in almost all of the athletic drills except for shuttle time. 

26 bench reps, 4.43 forty, 6.98 3cone, 36 inch vertical, decent broad jump... Pretty damn good athlete. 

So what’s the difference between Moore and JaRon Brown?  Very similar profiles.  Brown’s career got held up being buried in the AZ depth chart and then a torn ACL, but he looks to be 100% now and has flashed at the pro level.  Looks like a toss up to me between the two with each having a slight edge over the other in various measureables, except for the experience level that goes decidedly to Brown.

So what’s the difference between Moore and JaRon Brown?  Very similar profiles.  Brown’s career got held up being buried in the AZ depth chart and then a torn ACL, but he looks to be 100% now and has flashed at the pro level.  Looks like a toss up to me between the two with each having a slight edge over the other in various measureables, except for the experience level that goes decidedly to Brown.
I agree. Brown was rostered in my league so went with Moore dice roll. Otherwise I probably would have added Brown. But you can't win if you don't lay your chips down on a number so grabbed Moore. Next few weeks with Baldwin out should be telling.

I agree. Brown was rostered in my league so went with Moore dice roll. Otherwise I probably would have added Brown. But you can't win if you don't lay your chips down on a number so grabbed Moore. Next few weeks with Baldwin out should be telling.

Understood and that makes sense.  Just wondering how the Moore advocates see him as compared to Brown.

I really don't know much about Brown.  Just saw Moore perform in the preseason and started looking into him.

I agree with Zed.  Didn't see browns splits in the Preseason as much as I did Moore's and moore looked like he had a nice rapport working with wilson.

Looked to me like Brown got more run, but Moore seemed to be in quite a bit.  Only got the one target that I saw, but made a savvy move to draw the penalty.

Looked to me like Brown got more run, but Moore seemed to be in quite a bit.  Only got the one target that I saw, but made a savvy move to draw the penalty.
Yeah he played a surprising amount week one too. I’d hoped they’d incorporate him in the offense more, given the lack of weapons. We’ll see I guess. Just a stash.

Brown might be a better run blocker. Tough to say given the state of the offense. It's a dumpster fire right now. I'm expecting them to make drastic changes because what they're doing clearly isn't working. This could lead to Moore getting more burn.

No targets.  Ran up the other seam on the Brown TD, could have just as easily been him if Wilson would look at him.

I really thought they'd try to get him involved. It's not happening. 

Marshall's drops the last two weeks have been horrible. Expect to see Brown or Moore to get more chances. 

Coach Pete Carroll hinted Brandon Marshall's playing time may be cut in favor of sophomore WR David Moore.

Carroll said Moore will be "mixing in" more. Marshall has dropped four passes over the last two games and has shown very little on the stat sheet, catching a total of three balls for 35 yards the last two weeks. He's yet to top 50 yards on the year. Moore is long on talent and deserves a closer look.

Related: David Moore

Source: Gregg Bell on Twitter 

Oct 1 - 6:53 PM

Probably ought to pump the brakes. No way Moore becomes a regular fantasy contributor in the Seattle offense. He won’t outscore Baldwin and Lockett. Moreover, this is a run first team. 

Probably ought to pump the brakes. No way Moore becomes a regular fantasy contributor in the Seattle offense. He won’t outscore Baldwin and Lockett. Moreover, this is a run first team. 
I hear ya. I’m not unrealistic as far as this season.

I was essentially referring to Moore’s dynasty outlook as a stash.

To be clear, I like Moore as a cheap long-term stash.

Moore has a lot of raw ability & tore up training camp so this isn’t a huge surprise, but yes, it remains to be seen if he can make a consistent impact anytime soon.

Marshall had such a nice career, but I guess his days of fantasy relevance are over..  :banned: pouring one out for a guy that won me a fair of games in the past...

This guy is interesting. Wilson clearly trusts him in big situations. The lack of pass attempts overall is concerning right now but remember, Baldwin was nobody at one point as well. 

2 rec. for 47 yards and another TD. 
Yep.

I'm elevating Moore to a legit FF prospect now (more than just a stash). He's got ALL the tools & the Seahawks are lacking a typical NFL WR1 type.

Moore is raw, but has a tremendous ceiling with a lot of headroom. This year could be hit & miss, but he's starting to establish himself.

Another TD for Moore.

I believe this kid could eventually be their #1. It's not like they have a prototypical #1 now.

Moore has big-time raw ability, IMO.

Dang. Really bummed didn't trust myself and give him more time. Don't even want to look at who I cut him for a month ago ....

Dang. Really bummed didn't trust myself and give him more time. Don't even want to look at who I cut him for a month ago ....
That can EASILY happen.

It's a juggling act with rosters which is why I'm thinking of starting a thread based off my running "hot list" for FAs in my dynasty leagues next season (& where everyone else can post their hot list recommendations based on their leagues if they want).

I mentioned it in the Chris Herndon thread, but it would be similar to the weekly waiver wire threads only with a continuous theme.

Users who are viewing this thread