What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Noah Fant, SEA (1 Viewer)

You have a point! But they still need a true #1 nonetheless.

Tex
With a capable scheme, and a non washed QB ... Sutton could absolutely be a true #1

neither of those things are happening this year. So, it doesn’t matter hahaha.

Back to the Fant talk though.

🤕

With a capable scheme, and a non washed QB ... Sutton could absolutely be a true #1

neither of those things are happening this year. So, it doesn’t matter hahaha.

Back to the Fant talk though.

🤕
I think that’s where I will never agree because I have never been a believer in Sutton. He didn’t do it at SMU and he certainly won’t do it in the NFL.

I yield,

Tex

Noah Fant caught 3-of-3 targets for 37 yards in the Broncos' Week 3 loss to the Packers.

Fant had a couple of really strong grabs where he needed to use his elite athleticism to make a play, but he also had a brutal fumble when a Packers corner just ripped the ball directly out of his hands. Fant is out there for most of the Broncos' passing plays, though he's just being sprinkled with targets. The rookie is off the fantasy radar for now, but Fant is the type of prospect that can get going at any time.

Sep 22, 2019, 5:05 PM ET

Zac Stevens @ZacStevensDNVR

Scangarello on Noah Fant: “He’s dynamic. He’s got speed—you saw it on a couple of catches, he caught one seam, it was a great play. He’s a physical run blocker. That’s why he’s here. He’s got those traits. And the more he plays the better he will get.”

Noah Fant caught 2-of-4 targets for 31 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos' Week 4 loss to the Jaguars.

The Broncos designed Fant a screen on their second possession of the game that he took to the house from 25 yards out. He was quiet for the rest of the afternoon. Fant possesses enough athleticism and ability as a true receiver to be a useful fantasy asset, but not as long as he works as the No. 4 (at best) pass-game option in a below-average scoring offense.

Sep 29, 2019, 8:10 PM ET

Noah Fant caught 1-of-5 targets for seven yards in the Broncos' Week 7 loss to the Chiefs.

With Joe Flacco all the way off the rails, Fant never stood a chance. The first-round rookie now has just four grabs for 29 yards over his past three games. The "next step" probably won't exist for as long as Flacco is under center.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I should trade him now. He was terrible on prime time.

I stuck with Dez Bryant after a multiple drop prime time game and that was a win. 

I just dont think Fant is a guy to come around. He may be a hold because he was a late 1st early 2nd anyway. 

Offered him for Edelman in dynasty. 

Zac Stevens @ZacStevensDNVR

Scangarello on Noah Fant: “He’s dynamic. He’s got speed—you saw it on a couple of catches, he caught one seam, it was a great play. He’s a physical run blocker. That’s why he’s here. He’s got those traits. And the more he plays the better he will get.”
If his hands matched the rest...

The Athletic's Nicki Jhabvala reports Broncos TE Noah Fant (foot) is expected to suit up Sunday against the Colts.

The Broncos' first-round TE has failed to clear 40 yards in a contest this season on an average of just 3.4 targets per game. With that said: It'd certainly make sense if the offense attempts to get their athletically-gifted rookie more involved moving forward. Backup TE Jeff Heuerman's snaps have decreased in consecutive games, making Fant a locked-in full-time starter with the position's fifth-easiest schedule in terms of PPR per game allowed to TEs during the next four weeks.

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter.

Oct 25, 2019, 1:56 PM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

Noah Fant caught 5-of-8 targets for 26 yards in Week 8 against the Colts.

Fant had an expanded role with Emmanuel Sanders traded to the 49ers. He led the Broncos in targets, but they all came on short underneath throws. Fant had an end-zone target but couldn't come down in-bounds on the throw. His second-half outlook is on the rise, but Fant is still just an upside TE2.

Oct 27, 2019, 5:07 PM ET

Noah Fant caught 3-of-4 targets for 115 yards and one score in the Broncos' Week 9 upset over the Browns.

Fant turned a shallow crossing route over the middle of the field into a 75-yard touchdown by pushing the joystick forward and trucking S Jermaine Whitehead before shaking off poor arm-tackling efforts from Greedy Williams and Adarius Taylor. It's the second straight week Fant's seen an uptick in his on-field usage as Emmanuel Sanders' vacant opportunity continues to trickle down into the lap of Denver's rookie tight end. Even with Brandon Allen under center, the No. 20 overall pick should be considered a low-end TE1 for his opportunity alone over the second half of the season.

Nov 3, 2019, 8:00 PM ET

Noah Fant caught 4-of-11 targets for 60 yards in the Broncos' Week 11 loss to the Vikings.

Fant added a pair of carries for -7 yards. Continuing to show better chemistry with Brandon Allen than Joe Flacco, Fant's 11 targets were a new season high by two. He frustratingly could not turn any of them into scores despite a number of red zone looks. That includes on the final play of the game, where Fant begged for DPI but appeared to get away with OPI. Fant has a tough Week 12 matchup in the Bills, while Drew Lock could soon be inserted under center, making for more quarterback uncertainty.

Nov 17, 2019, 6:48 PM ET

Fant is becoming a target hog, although in part likely due to necessity.

He was wide open in the end zone on one early series when Allen tunnel-vision forced it to a covered receiver and they targeted him a few time at the end. Still looks like he needs some polish but trending in the right way as the season rolls on.

Noah Fant leaves with foot injury

Broncos tight end Noah Fant had the best day of his rookie season, but unfortunately for him, his day could be done.

The team’s first-round draft pick caught four passes for 113 yards and a touchdown, but he was injured with 12:45 remaining.

He limped off with a foot injury and was carted to the locker room from the sideline.

The Broncos list Fant as questionable to return, but it seems unlikely with Denver holding a 38-17 lead.

Fant initially hurt his foot in a preseason game against the 49ers, but he has played every game this season.

Noah Fant (hip, foot) returned to Broncos practice on Thursday, getting in a "limited" session.

Coach Vic Fagnio has expressed optimism the No. 20 overall pick will suit up against the Chiefs, and this goes a long way toward bolstering that. Fant maintains volatility but offers unusual upside for a TE2. We should have a good idea of Fant's Week 15 status by Friday afternoon, but it remains possible he ends up a game-time decision for Sunday's 1PM ET tilt in Kansas City.

Dec 12, 2019, 5:41 PM ET

NFL Network's James Palmer reports Noah Fant (hip/foot) is "good to go" for Week 15 against the Chiefs.

Coach Vic Fangio said Fant's outlook was "positive overall" on Wednesday — a good sign the No. 20 overall pick is fully healthy for Sunday's showdown in Arrowhead. It's admittedly a rough spot for the rookie, but it does bode well for his fantasy production that the Broncos are projected to battle through negative game script against a secondary that's permitted the seventh-most yards per game (59) to opposing tight ends. Fantasy players should look to stream Tyler Higbee or Ian Thomas over Fant wherever applicable.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Dec 15, 2019, 12:38 AM ET

Noah Fant caught 2-of-3 targets for 56 yards in the Broncos' Week 15 loss to the Chiefs.

Fant missed the entire second quarter after coming down hard on his shoulder following a chunk gain to convert a fourth and one. Drew Lock also looked his way on an ill-advised interception in the end zone. This Broncos’ run-first offense hasn’t allowed Fant or Courtland Sutton to see anything close to double-digit targets on a weekly basis, but both remains firmly on the fantasy grid thanks to their respective big-play ability. Treat Fant as a low-end and boom-or-bust TE1 for the Broncos’ Week 16 matchup against the Lions.

anybody rolling with Fant this week? Its either him or Higbee for me. I need an upside TE play and am considering putting Fant over Higbee, probably won't have the balls to do it though.

anybody rolling with Fant this week? Its either him or Higbee for me. I need an upside TE play and am considering putting Fant over Higbee, probably won't have the balls to do it though.
I've got the exact same decision...but first need to see this week's injury reports.

If Everett plays then Higbee's stock takes a hit plus SF not a good matchup.

If Fant practicing in full by end of week then I might give him the nod. He and Lock have a good connection and if Slay doesn't mail it in he's likely to be draped all over Sutton. Which will leave plenty of targets for Fant vs. a poor Lions LB corps.

ESPN's Jeff Legwold reports Noah Fant is working to improve his short-to-intermediate routes.

The Broncos want Fant to add "diversity to his route tree." Fant flashed big-play potential as a rookie, but half his yards came in two games, and he failed to clear five targets over the final six weeks. With not much behind Courtland Sutton, Fant's target share is a lock to go up in Year 2. Fant's ceiling with Drew Lock in a Pat Shurmur offense is his biggest concern.

SOURCE: ESPN

Feb 24, 2020, 9:40 AM ET

Will Drew Lock be the second-best 2020 fantasy quarterback in the AFC West?

Excerpt:

There are suddenly a ton of fantasy options on this team. Who is your favorite draft value among Lindsay (115.3 ADP), Drew Lock (128.6), Noah Fant (125.7), and Jerry Jeudy (114.6)?

Dalton: I’ll take Fant, who has metrics in the 96th percentile or above in the 40, Speed Score, Burst Score, Agility Score, and Catch Radius while dominating in college and breaking out before age 20. He had the second-most yards per catch among tight ends last year when he also forced as many missed tackles as Zach Ertz on 48 fewer receptions while finishing with one of the five best yards per target marks by a rookie TE since 2007. Jeudy landed in a poor spot for his fantasy value.

Andy: It’s easy to make a case for Lock as a potential breakout player, but, even if he makes incredible progress, it’s difficult to imagine him actually finishing as a starting-quality fantasy QB in leagues of standard size. He’s just a superflex special. To me, Fant is the guy with the clearest path to finishing as a top-10 option at his position. As Dalton mentioned, Fant is basically a superhero-level athlete who dominated at the collegiate level. A few additional red-zone looks could easily make him an every-week fantasy play.

Drew Lock is not very good. He does have a couple good weapons in Sutton and Fant so maybe they can make his job easier but I'm fading all Broncos this year. Including Sutton and I love Sutton's talent. 

Drew Lock is not very good. He does have a couple good weapons in Sutton and Fant so maybe they can make his job easier but I'm fading all Broncos this year. Including Sutton and I love Sutton's talent. 
For a rookie who was expected to be unrefined and then got injured during the offseason...he exceeded my expectations. The question is can he show growth this year?

'You've got guys that can do it all': How Denver could benefit from dynamic options at tight end position

Excerpt:

While Vannett may be a surprise addition in the passing game, Fant's contributions should be expected. He caught 40 passes for 562 yards and three touchdowns as a rookie, and he posted a pair of 100-yard games as he played his best football late in the year.

"Anytime you get a tight end that runs a 4.5, who can catch the ball the way he does and can run the routes the way he does, that's so rare to come by in the league," Vannett said of Fant. "I I think last year he might have struggled a little bit blocking. I think this year he put on the weight. He took the offseason seriously. You can tell that this is his coming-out party this year. He's taking everything seriously. He's competing. He's running every play as fast as he can. He's giving great effort in the run game blocking-wise. I think that's one thing he wants to improve on. He wants to be more of a complete tight end."

I traded him after the draft. Not high on Lock and Denver drafted Locks bff TE Albert Okwuegbunam. Don't like the idea of that. 

I traded him after the draft. Not high on Lock and Denver drafted Locks bff TE Albert Okwuegbunam. Don't like the idea of that. 
I think scepticism about Lock is very justified but worrying about the presence of Albert O seems a bit too reactionary to me at this stage. Fant is a first round TE athletic marvel in his own right and he’s just getting started. You don’t stunt that development because of a BFF narrative with a 4th rounder.

Albert O is soft as puppy poop. He’s closer to not making the roster than he is to threatening Fant in any way

Lol. Clearly some people don't follow local camp news too closely...

During training camp so far, Okwuegbunam has been a standout player when the offense gets near pay dirt. He is displaying the skill set that got the Broncos excited about his potential in the pros. Rookie tight ends struggle in the NFL in almost universal fashion, but Okwuegbunam is looking like a player who could buck that trend.

https://1043thefan.com/2089063/how-good-can-albert-okwuegbunam-be-in-2020-for-the-broncos/

“I think he’s the real monster,” Vannett said after practice on Aug. 25. “He’s just so physically gifted. I think the thing with him is he’s kind raw right now, but I don’t say that in a bad way.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/28/denver-broncos-albert-okwuegbunam-could-become-best-tight-end-in-the-nfl/

Lol. Clearly some people don't follow local camp news too closely...

During training camp so far, Okwuegbunam has been a standout player when the offense gets near pay dirt. He is displaying the skill set that got the Broncos excited about his potential in the pros. Rookie tight ends struggle in the NFL in almost universal fashion, but Okwuegbunam is looking like a player who could buck that trend.

https://1043thefan.com/2089063/how-good-can-albert-okwuegbunam-be-in-2020-for-the-broncos/

“I think he’s the real monster,” Vannett said after practice on Aug. 25. “He’s just so physically gifted. I think the thing with him is he’s kind raw right now, but I don’t say that in a bad way.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/28/denver-broncos-albert-okwuegbunam-could-become-best-tight-end-in-the-nfl/
Camp hype - "raw" is never a good description

kutta said:
Albert O. was Mackey Award finalist, so not too raw. He left school after his junior season. Elway knew he wasn't going to be a starter right away. That's why he fell to the 4th.

He'll get some playing time. More likely this is the beginning of a potential Gronk/Hernandez duo.

But certainly not "closer to not making the roster." Or other implications of being on the team solely as Lock's BFF.  He's going to vulture some RZ looks at the very least.

kutta said:
And BTW other TE's not named Albert O. have been called "raw" in their first training camp....

“Noah’s a guy that needs the reps,” quarterback Joe Flacco said. “He’s a raw athlete, he can run, he can jump and he can do all those things… You have to work with him, help him along the way and allow him to make those adjustments. Once he is able to slow it down, that’s when his speed and all those other things that he has naturally given to him will start to show a little bit more.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/10/27/noah-fant-broncos-tight-end-speed-bumps/

All TEs struggle their rookie year.  I wouldn't worry too much about Albert O eating into Fants production in 2020.

I'm big on Fant this year.  Top 5 potential, maybe top 3, with 10th round ADP.  Here's why:

1. 1st round pedigree.

2. 2nd year player who flashed as a rookie.

3. Young QBs often lean on TE.

4. Sutton & Jeudy will rightfully draw attention.

5. Broncos have emphasized the position on recent years in both the draft and FA.  

6. Shurmers offenses have produced good TE numbers in the past.  Engram was 7th the past 2 years (per game), Rudolph was 3rd in 2016.  Its not a Lock for sure but there is potential here.

Broncos TE Noah Fant said he would be used in a variety of ways in Denver's offense this season. 

Fant told the Denver Post he'd be utilized "in the slot, I’ll be in-line, I’ll be outside as a receiver.” Broncos offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur has talked about using the uber-athletic Fant in creative ways this year. Fant in his rookie campaign consistently ran a good number of pass routes and saw at least four targets in eight of 16 games. It's hard to see the Broncos as a leading pass offense -- Shurmur has never called plays for a top-10 passing attack -- but Fant could carve out a reliable role behind Courtland Sutton. Fant shapes up as a sensible late round tight end for those who don't spend much draft capital on the position. 

SOURCE: Denver Post 

Sep 3, 2020, 2:41 PM ET

All TEs struggle their rookie year.  I wouldn't worry too much about Albert O eating into Fants production in 2020.

I'm big on Fant this year.  Top 5 potential, maybe top 3, with 10th round ADP.  Here's why:

1. 1st round pedigree.

2. 2nd year player who flashed as a rookie.

3. Young QBs often lean on TE.

4. Sutton & Jeudy will rightfully draw attention.

5. Broncos have emphasized the position on recent years in both the draft and FA.  

6. Shurmers offenses have produced good TE numbers in the past.  Engram was 7th the past 2 years (per game), Rudolph was 3rd in 2016.  Its not a Lock for sure but there is potential here.
How good is Lock? He looked good at times, but meh other times. 

How good is Lock? He looked good at times, but meh other times. 
anyone who says they know is guessing.  I've heard a mixed bag from camp - lots of good reviews but overall the defense seems to be winning vs the offense.  Of course, the iD is going to be good.

Fant was on a 754-4 pace over the last 8 games, and that was as a rookie in a less TE friendly offense. Evan Engram is a similar type of player as Fant, and he was very good when healthy under Shurmur, with likely similar(and possibly worse) QB play. 

Fant was 1 of only 2 TE's with 3+ 40 yard plays last year(Kelce was the other) Fant was also 0-6 on targets inside the endzone, which just screams regression to the mean, so more TD's should be on the way. 

Fant is my TE9, and I think he's got as much potential as anyone outside the top-4. For where he is going in drafts, he might be a top value as basically cheaper/more durable Engram.

Noah Fant caught 5-of-6 targets for 81 yards and one touchdown in the Broncos' Week 1 loss to the Titans.

With Courtland Sutton and rookie KJ Hamler out with injuries, Fant led the team in receiving on a night the Broncos used multiple tight end sets. The sad part was Fant did all of his damage in the first half, catching no passes after the break. Hyped as a second-year breakout player, Fant's Week 1 backs up that narrative. A playmaker in the passing game, Fant caught a cross-body throw from Drew Lock for a short touchdown in the first half. Things won't be easy next week in a date with the Steelers' elite defense, but Fant will be a top-15 option if Sutton and Hamler remain sidelined.

Sep 15, 2020, 2:07 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread