What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Noah Fant, SEA (1 Viewer)

Fant was on a 754-4 pace over the last 8 games, and that was as a rookie in a less TE friendly offense. Evan Engram is a similar type of player as Fant, and he was very good when healthy under Shurmur, with likely similar(and possibly worse) QB play. 

Fant was 1 of only 2 TE's with 3+ 40 yard plays last year(Kelce was the other) Fant was also 0-6 on targets inside the endzone, which just screams regression to the mean, so more TD's should be on the way. 

Fant is my TE9, and I think he's got as much potential as anyone outside the top-4. For where he is going in drafts, he might be a top value as basically cheaper/more durable Engram.
nice call

@BigTex, thread rename please

Noah Fant caught 4-of-5 targets for 57 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos' Week 2 loss to the Steelers.   

Fant caught a two-point conversation too. The hyper-athletic tight end now has 10 receptions, 138 yards, and two touchdowns in Denver's first two games. Fant was a nightmare matchup for Pittsburgh's secondary for much of the day, making a juggling downfield catch as the Broncos played catch up. Fant will be a solid start next week against the Bucs. 

_ Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Mile High Morning: Noah Fant building a hot start to 2020 season

Excerpt:

The Lead

In the midst of an 0-2 start, one bright spot for the Broncos has been the play of tight end Noah Fant.

In the first two games of his second season, Fant has emerged as a focal point on the offense with the skills to back it up. He's totaled 138 yards on nine catches and two touchdowns, all of which lead the Broncos in those categories.

Even more impressively, Fant's numbers are among the league's best — though, of course, it is still very early in the season. Among tight ends who have logged at least five receptions through two games, Fant ranks sixth in receptions, fourth in receiving yards, second in touchdown catches and second in yards per reception.

For quarterback Jeff Driskel, who stepped in for Drew Lock after a shoulder injury, Fant was an invaluable target — especially in the second half, when Fant got all of his targets and receptions.

"He's a mismatch," Driskel said after Sunday's game. "He's a big, strong guy who can run away from anybody, and he does a good job when he gets the ball in his hands. He made some great plays today — the touchdown play on the sideline and the two-point conversion. His tools are definitely showing up and he's made some big plays for us so far this year."

Immediately after the game, Fant couldn't identify why he wasn't productive in the first half, but he was adamant about diagnosing the problem in his review of Sunday's game to be more consistent across four quarters.

"I think I just got some targets," Fant said. "Obviously the first half was slow. ... I have to look back at the film and see. Maybe it was something I was doing to not have those targets. The second half, I got some targets going and was able to make some plays — kind of a vice versa of last game, but that's part of the NFL. I'll figure those things out."

Ask Aric: Is Jerry Jeudy ready to step up?

Excerpt:

In the 2018 draft, the Broncos moved down in a trade with Pittsburgh to select Noah Fant. The Steelers took Devin Bush. In Sunday's game, Fant repeatedly exposed Bush in coverage (at least 3 big plays by Fant, including a TD). What do you see for the future of the two players? - Bill R.

I'm not going to crush Devin Bush here, because it's clear he's a solid inside linebacker that the Steelers are high on. Noah Fant definitely had the upper hand on Sunday, though, as he caught four passes for 57 yards and a touchdown. He also had a reception on a two-point conversion that isn't counted in that stat line. On both his touchdown catch and the two-point conversion, Fant beat Bush in a one-on-one matchup. Part of Bush's appeal coming out of the draft was his ability to cover tight ends, and it's clear Fant got the better of him in this game. Evaluating this trade is about more than just one game. It's about what the Broncos neededwhen they traded back to take Fant. They were desperately seeking a dominant playmaker, and Fant looked like he could be a mismatch at the tight end position. Through two weeks, he's been exactly that, as he's caught nine passes for 138 yards and two touchdowns. Football Outsiders lists Fant as the top tight end in the league according to its Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement statistic and the fourth-best in its Defense-adjusted Value over Average. It's not a stretch to say that Fant could soon be viewed as one of the top tight ends in the league, especially if the Broncos go to him on a more consistent basis. Plus, as you evaluate this trade, you can't forget that the Broncos secured additional picks that would be used to draft both Drew Lock and Lloyd Cushenberry III. As time goes on, I suspect the Broncos will be very pleased they traded down on draft day.

My only concern this week, per ESPN's player blurb on him:

He now draws a matchup against a Buccaneers defense that hasn't allowed a tight end touchdown since Week 11 of last season (tied for the longest active streak in the NFL).

My only concern this week, per ESPN's player blurb on him:

He now draws a matchup against a Buccaneers defense that hasn't allowed a tight end touchdown since Week 11 of last season (tied for the longest active streak in the NFL).
Another concern is that a backup QB, Driskel, will be throwing passes. Driskel keeps lots of drives alive with his feet, and he did well against the tough Steeler defense. I'm choosing between him and Goedert, who has a good matchup versus the Bengals.

Noah Fant caught 5-of-10 targets for 46 yards in Week 3 against the Bucs.

Fant got most of his production on a wide open 18-yard catch in the first half. He had two drops, something he's struggled with this season. Fant's 10 targets led the Broncos with Jeff Driskel forced to check down all game. He's a back-end TE1 for Week 4.

Sep 27, 2020, 8:04 PM ET

Do we like Fant as a potential security blanket for Brett Rypien the next week or two until Lock comes back?

Dodged a bullet. 

Broncos' Noah Fant: Ankle injury downplayed

(15 mins ago) Fant sustained a "minor" ankle injury during Thursday's win over the Jets, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Fant avoiding a serious injury is a piece of much-needed good news for a Denver team that's already lost numerous star players for multiple weeks, and some for the season. The starting tight end was carted off the field in the second half of Thursday's win, and he was quickly ruled out to return after being examined in the locker room. Fant will now get the benefit of an extra three days of rest before the Broncos head to New England in Week 5.

Do we like Fant as a potential security blanket for Brett Rypien the next week or two until Lock comes back?
5 catches & missed half the game. I think he’ll use him because he’s one of their only legit weapons, assuming his injury isn’t that bad. 

Broncos coach Vic Fangio said Noah Fant (ankle) could “miss some time.”

Fant avoided a major injury despite getting carted off in Thursday’s win. He has 10 days to get ready for Week 5, though Fangio’s comments cast doubt on his status. Fant was playing well before going down, posting a 19/219/2 line on 27 targets. The Broncos may look to activate rookie Albert Okwuegbunam if Fant doesn’t get cleared.

SOURCE: KOA Colorado

Oct 3, 2020, 12:51 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Broncos TE Noah Fant (ankle) will be sidelined for Week 5 against the Patriots.

It's early to assess both Fant's injury and the Patriots' Week 5 contest after the team's ongoing COVID tests, but the former is considered week to week after spraining his ankle against the Jets Thursday night. It's a positive development after the Broncos initially feared Fant would be out for the year. Explosive rookie Albert Okwuegbunam will fill-in in the interim with Drew Lock, who is reported to be back when the Broncos return to the field next.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 3, 2020, 10:45 PM ET

Noah Fant (ankle) hasn’t been cleared to practice.

Fant is expected to miss at least one game after getting carted last week. The Broncos will likely go with a block-first committee of Nick Vannett and Jake Butt, with fourth-round TE Albert Okwuegbunam potentially making his debut against Patriots.

SOURCE: 9News Denver

Oct 7, 2020, 11:22 AM ET

Noah Fant (ankle) is out for Week 5 against the Patriots.

Fant was injured last Thursday night against the Jets after going 5-35 on six targets before going down. Nick Vannett, Jake Butt, and rookie Albert Okwuegbunam will fill in this week against New England.

Oct 10, 2020, 4:14 PM ET

Read somewhere he had a very limited workout yesterday...his availability for this weekend is still very up in the air is my understanding 

Noah Fant (ankle) remained "limited" on Thursday. 

Fant now has a genuine shot at suiting up for Sunday's game against the Patriots, though he can't be considered a go until he gets in a full session or is declared so by the coaching staff. It is possible Fant ends up a game-time decision. That would be far from ideal, but Fant would immediately slot back in as a TE1 if he gets the green light. Tight end is dire enough right now that Fant's injury risk would have to be ignored. 

Oct 15, 2020, 5:11 PM ET

Broncos coach Vic Fangio said Noah Fant (ankle) is "truly questionable" for Week 6 against the Patriots.

Fant caught a break with last week's game getting cancelled. He practiced on a limited basis the last two days and could return Sunday without missing any time. At less than 100 percent in a matchup with the Patriots, Fant will be a Week 6 fade if he plays.

SOURCE: ABC Denver

Oct 16, 2020, 10:32 AM ET

Noah Fant (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 6 against the Patriots.

Fant practiced on a limited basis but it wasn't enough to get cleared. He should have a better chance at returning in Week 7. With Fant out, the Broncos will go with a committee of Nick Vannett, Jake Butt, and rookie Albert Okwuegbunam.

Oct 17, 2020, 12:40 PM ET

Noah Fant (ankle) was upgraded to "full" for Thursday's practice. 

It means that, barring a Friday setback, Fant will be good to go against the Chiefs after missing last week's upset of the Patriots. It's a huge development for a struggling Drew Lock, who will finally have a target capable of doing some damage at the short-to-intermediate areas of the field. Despite his injury uncertainty, Fant will immediately slot back in as a top-five option if he is indeed active against Andy Reid and company. He is that good, and tight end is that bad. 

Oct 22, 2020, 5:00 PM ET

Surprisingly he was dropped after his injury in a 10 teamer of mine with an IR slot and deep benches. No brainer stash for me.

Cobbler1 said:
Surprisingly he was dropped after his injury in a 10 teamer of mine with an IR slot and deep benches. No brainer stash for me.
He’s available as a free agent in my 12 team league. But I’m thinking of rolling Cook over him this week due to weather and Michael thomas possibly sitting.  I may be making the wrong choice. I haven’t watched much Fant.

He’s available as a free agent in my 12 team league. But I’m thinking of rolling Cook over him this week due to weather and Michael thomas possibly sitting.  I may be making the wrong choice. I haven’t watched much Fant.
I’d rather have Fant rest of season. Seems like he’s option 1 there. Cook is 3 or 4 in NO. Granted it’s higher volume. Can understand Cook this week though with Thomas out and the weather in Denver. I’d roster Fant though.

I’d rather have Fant rest of season. Seems like he’s option 1 there. Cook is 3 or 4 in NO. Granted it’s higher volume. Can understand Cook this week though with Thomas out and the weather in Denver. I’d roster Fant though.
I did it. Not enough room to roster both, so just picked Fant for this weekend and long term. All I hear is he’s athletic, but I’ve not gotten to watch him play. Targets are nice though. My TEs have been missing those all year. Lol.

Noah Fant (ankle) will play in Week 7 against the Chiefs.

Fant recorded a 19.8% target share in his first four games for the Broncos and suddenly returns with Drew Lock back under center. Presumably healthy after being removed from the team's injury report on Friday, Fant should be valued as a top-10 tight end in Week 7 for what should be negative game script against Kansas City on Sunday. Rookie Albert Okwuegbunam could still keep involved for TE Premium leagues in the red zone.

SOURCE: Zac Stevens on Twitter

Oct 23, 2020, 3:24 PM ET

Noah Fant (ankle) is officially active for Week 7 against the Chiefs.

As is KJ Hamler. Courtland Sutton is out for the season, but this will otherwise be the healthiest the Broncos' offense has been all year. Inactive for the Broncos are DE McTelvin Agim, LB Jeremiah Attaochu, TE Andrew Beck, TE Jake Butt, QB Jeff Driskel, OG Netane Muti and WR Diontae Spencer. 

Oct 25, 2020, 3:01 PM ET

Pretty disappointing all around but he looked good on the looks he got mostly 
Did he? I didn’t get to watch the game.

Yahoos blurb from rotoworld states he was not 100% and visually hobbling around.

Reading just that, I was thinking of pivoting back to Jared Cook or try and see what Gesicki holds with Tua.

I really suck at TE this year.

Noah Fant (ankle) is questionable to return in Week 9 against the Falcons.

Fant has been dealing with a nagging ankle injury for much of the 2020 season and it may have popped up again versus Atlanta. He had a noticeable limp before leaving for the locker room. Rookie TE Albert Okwuegbunam has been getting more run in recent weeks and will likely take over as the leading tight end for Denver until Fant returns. 

Nov 8, 2020, 11:52 AM ET

Noah Fant caught 3-of-7 targets for 18 yards in the Broncos' Week 10 loss to the Raiders.

Fant finished third on the Broncos in targets but Drew Lock's struggles trickled down to Fant, who now has just three catches in consecutive weeks. Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler are emerging as weekly receiving threats on an offense that hasn't been able to consistently put points on the board. Fant can't be guaranteed eight targets every week and he plays on a weak offense. He remains a low-floor TE1 for now.

- Rotoworld
thread title change @Big Tex!

Brett Rypien or a banged up Lock vs that stout Miami D, Fant playing on his still gimpy ankle. Does anyone have the stomach to start this guy this week? I realize TE is a wasteland, but still, his outlook is bleak. I’m probably starting Goedert over him, who has also been a disappointment as well.

Brett Rypien or a banged up Lock vs that stout Miami D, Fant playing on his still gimpy ankle. Does anyone have the stomach to start this guy this week? I realize TE is a wasteland, but still, his outlook is bleak. I’m probably starting Goedert over him, who has also been a disappointment as well.
He's on my bench this week and going forward until he shows some positive signs - he hasn't had a good FF scoring week since week 2.

Noah Fant (ribs) returned to Broncos practice Thursday. 

Coach Vic Fangio has said he is "confident" Fant will play. We believe him, but it's another injury to play through for a player who has been gutting out a high-ankle sprain. With Drew Lock (ribs) likely to be sidelined, Fant will be rolling with Brett Rypien against the Dolphins' elite defense. Fant remains a TE1, but a low-floor one for Week 11. 

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter 

Nov 19, 2020, 2:27 PM ET

Noah Fant (ribs) will be questionable for Week 11 against the Dolphins. 

Fant returned to practice Thursday for a limited session as he struggles through a rib injury. We're awaiting his official Friday practice status but it appears he's likely to be active against Miami. He's a plug-and-play TE1 if he plays, though the matchup isn't particularly inviting. 

SOURCE: Zac Stevens on Twitter 

Nov 20, 2020, 12:51 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports TE Noah Fant (ribs) is expected to play in Week 11 against the Dolphins.

Fant has dealt with a slew of injuries this year but has taken the field through most of them. Both Fant and his quarterback, Drew Lock, will be playing through rib injuries versus a surprisingly stout Dolphins defense. Fant is a risky TE1 but there aren't many good options of the waiver wire to replace him with. Fantasy managers should still be starting Fant and hoping that Lock is healthy enough to deliver accurate passes in his general direction. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 22, 2020, 8:57 AM ET

Noah Fant caught his lone target for 13 yards in the Broncos' Week 12 loss to the Saints. 

It was Kendall Hinton's only completion of the game. We can't draw much from how Denver pass catcher fared in this one. Fant has seen a solid target share in Drew Lock starts this season. That should continue next week against the Chiefs, assuming Lock is activated off the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

- Rotoworld

Noah Fant caught 4-of-7 targets for 57 yards in Week 13 against the Chiefs.

Fant was the leading receiver on a night Drew Lock threw for 151 yards. The seven targets were also a team high. Fant was held out of the end-zone for the ninth straight game but is due for some positive regression. Fant is on pace for 59 catches, 656 yards, and three touchdowns through 12 games.

Dec 7, 2020, 12:45 AM ET

Noah Fant (illness) was taken to the locker room in Week 14's game against the Panthers and is questionable to return.

A non-COVID illness could be making its way through the Broncos roster, as Garett Bolles was surprisingly ruled out on Sunday morning with the same designation. Fant did not have a target before exiting.

Dec 13, 2020, 1:46 PM ET

Noah Fant (illness) would not have practiced Tuesday.

Fant was estimated as "DNP" for a practice that didn't actually happen. It is certainly eye-brow raising after Fant's non-COVID illness forced him from Sunday's win over the Panthers early. If Fant can get healthy in time for Saturday's game against the Bills, he will slide in as a top-10 option at the wretched tight end position. 

Dec 15, 2020, 4:07 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread