What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rondale Moore, ARZ (1 Viewer)

amnesiac

beer is good
this kid’s going to the NFL in a few years.  

2 TDs in the first quarter of his first football game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Former Texas commit that could have gone anywhere. Extremely surprising he went to Purdue, but it does give him the chance to be showcased from game 1. He looks legit.

Bojang0301 said:
How does Purdue get that kid? My lord. He looks like a less fast, more agile Tyreek Hill.
Trinity High in Louisville, where Jeff Brohm went, so there was a connection and Brohm recruited him heavy.

"the next Tyreek Hill" has become an overused trope for every fast WR to come out of college (Hollywood, Ruggs, Reagor, KJ Hamler, John Ross) and while some will be fine players, others are going to bite their teams in the a** for trying to replicate Tyreek

Having said that this guy is the closest thing to Tyreek Hill I have seen over the years. Has RB instincts, toughness, elusiveness and contact balance after the catch with precise WR level routes. Watch a ton of Big 10 football and this guy has done nothing but dominate since game 1

With the Huskers sucking in recent times, seeing him obliterate Ohio State's 5 star future NFL secondary was one of the best Big 10 football moments I can remember from the last few years

Listed at 181 which is not a bad weight per se: my only reservation is his height and the question of being a durable, consistent fantasy producer and WR1 in a real NFL offense at 5'9''

If he was an inch taller and 5-10 pounds heavier I would have him equal to Chase, but IMO any mid to high 1st next year is going to have a good shot at netting a high quality future stud WR

With a top landing spot he has a chance to catch Chase. Speaking of: Chiefs may need a Watkins replacement next year (in addition to OL, CB and DT if Jones gets tagged and traded)

Might not be able to get him picking 32 though  :cool:

What does this mean???
Ja'Marr Chase... the #1 WR prospect in next year's draft.

EDT:  Also, I'm assuming he means HE has the two prospects equal, and he has a chance to catch Chase in terms of where NFL teams have them ranked and where they will be drafted.

Hankmoody said:
What does this mean???

Hankmoody said:
Duh.  Huge brain fart, no idea why I couldn't pull that but thanks.  I got stuck on first names of Chase.
I meant more that I think Ja'Marr chase is a step ahead of everyone right now but with a good landing spot Moore could catch him.

Moore is the type of player who IMO could be misused very easily by garbage offensive play callers

Purdue redshirt sophomore WR Rondale Moore opted out of the 2020 season.

Moore (5'9/180) is the second star wide receiver to opt out of the campaign, joining Minnesota's Rashod Bateman, who bounced on the season earlier this summer. Moore's is a somewhat interesting case, as essentially the whole of his evaluation is going to come from his 2018 season, when he was a true freshman. During that superlative showing, the versatile Moore posted a 114-1258-12 receiving line while chipping in with an additional 213 rushing yards. He was on his way to similar shiny stats last fall, before a hamstring injury sustained early in the fall limited him to just four games played. He has top-20 upside for next spring's draft.

SOURCE: Rondale Moore on Twitter

Aug 6, 2020, 6:11 PM ET

JohnnyU said:
That makes two top WR prospects opting out, now Chase needs to do the same thing.
Tamorrion Terry said he's going to play this year, Chase will be the interesting one now for sure.  

From ESPN:

“The Boilermakers confirmed on Friday that star receiver Rondale Moore, who opted back in for this season with an announcement on ESPN's College Football Live on Sept. 24, won't play against the Hawkeyes. Purdue officials didn't give a specific reason for why Moore won't play.

A source said Moore is likely to return next week when Purdue visits Wisconsin.”

Purdue HC Jeff Brohm said on Monday that redshirt sophomore WR Rondale Moore (undisclosed) will play "whenever he's ready to play." 

Moore (5'9/180), who appeared in just four games last season due to a hamstring injury, was held out of Saturday's 24-20 win over Iowa due to an undisclosed injury. And by the sound of it, his head coach is not sure when the electric redshirt sophomore will be able to play. "We're always hopeful ... whenever he's ready to play, he'll play," Brohm said on Monday. With Moore, who originally opted out of the 2020 season before changing his mind once the Big Ten decided to play, sidelined David Bell stepped up for the Boilermakers. After catching 13 passes for 121 yards and three touchdowns he was named Big Ten Co-Offensive Player of the Week, sharing the honor with Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz.

RELATED: 

David Bell

SOURCE: Mike Carmin on Twitter

Oct 26, 2020, 11:22 AM ET

RELATED: 

David Bell
This kid is really good. I don’t know if he’s NFL good but he’s worth watching. He’s a sophomore, 6’-2”, great athlete (basketball star player in HS), had 3 TDs and 100+ yards last Saturday. 

Moore didn’t play yesterday vs Illinois and there’s no news on when or if he will play again. 

David Bell 🔔 had another really good game - 9 receptions 122 yards 1 td. 

Purdue redshirt sophomore WR Rondale Moore snagged 15 passes for 116 yards in Friday's 34-31 loss to Minnesota. 

Despite the loss, Moore was basically what everyone excepted him to be in his return. Though maybe not quite as explosive down the field as we have seen at his peak, Moore was a menace in the short area. Moore functioned as a faux-running back, taking a number of screens and short passes to work as a nasty yards-after-catch threat. Alas, Moore only found the end zone as a runner and Purdue ultimately lost, but for Moore to look this good in his first action since 2019 is a "win" in and of itself for the Boilermakers. 

Nov 20, 2020, 11:05 PM ET

I’m not that big of a fan. As of now his outcome looks a lot like explosive Cole Beasley. Or better Tavon Austin. I’m not sure what role that is for an offense. There’s a very wide range to what he could be to me. I hope I’m wrong cause he’s fun as hell to watch but I doubt I’d be high on him when it comes to the NFL draft. 

I watched this game against the Gophers. I haven't watched Moore at all before this game.

Moore is kind of short but really solidly built and he has quick feet and good change of direction ability. I thought he looked very fluid but a lot of his opportunities were jet sweeps and other plays to attack the defense horizontally. I did not really see him attack the defense deep. I am assuming he can, I just did not see that in this game. My observation of him seems incomplete because I didn't really get to see him beating defensive backs downfield.

Moore was rotating out of the line up frequently as well. I think he isn't quite in game shape yet. I need to see more of Moore before forming a opinion.

Moore didn’t play yesterday vs Illinois and there’s no news on when or if he will play again. 

David Bell 🔔 had another really good game - 9 receptions 122 yards 1 td. 
Bell had a good game vs the Gophers as well. I just file that in the back of my memory for later on.

I watched this game against the Gophers. I haven't watched Moore at all before this game.

Moore is kind of short but really solidly built and he has quick feet and good change of direction ability. I thought he looked very fluid but a lot of his opportunities were jet sweeps and other plays to attack the defense horizontally. I did not really see him attack the defense deep. I am assuming he can, I just did not see that in this game. My observation of him seems incomplete because I didn't really get to see him beating defensive backs downfield.

Moore was rotating out of the line up frequently as well. I think he isn't quite in game shape yet. I need to see more of Moore before forming a opinion.
I don't believe you're wrong on any of these fronts. He's used in space a lot, very solid (both as a receiver and solidly built), quickness, really good hands (when he wants to use them), and I see some toughness. 

I do question whether or not he's a guy that needs "manufactured" touches or not and I question weather he has that "my ball/my yards" mentality in him. To me that's what's holding a guy like DJ Moore back from being elite, I worry that Rondale Moore falls into the steady WR2/WR3 category if he doesn't have the motivation to being a fighter.

I've seen some compare him to Tyreek Hill already and I get that as his ceiling, but if he's in the wrong offense, he's immediately way worse. He seems way more situation dependent than some other WR's in the 2021 class to me.

For most of the game the Boilers made Nebraska look like the national powerhouse they once were. 
Purdue QB couldn’t get the ball downfield and Moore was fed short passes for not much yardage or chances to score. 
Bell did get downfield for an 89 yd TD. and also made a spectacular one handed catch in the end zone but came down with half a foot OB. 

Mock draft: How Purdue's Rondale Moore stacks up in strong receiver class

NFL teams aren't going to learn a lot about Rondale Moore from the past two seasons: He appeared in just seven games in 2019 and '20, scoring three touchdowns for Purdue. The Louisville Trinity alum showed scouts plenty as a freshman, though: 114 receptions, 21 carries, 33 kickoff returns and 12 punt returns, scoring 14 touchdowns along the way. 

Now it's his turn with the NFL Draft amid a field of top-flight receivers. Here's how Moore stacks up in recent mock drafts. 

Chris Trapasso, CBS Sports: 27th overall to the Ravens, 6th receiver taken  

Not the big target many are envisioning for the Ravens, but Moore would give Baltimore even more speed on offense. 

Tommy Garrett, Pro Football Network: 29th overall to the Packers, 5th WR taken 

Moore is arguably the draft’s most electric prospect, right along with Jaylen Waddle. Please do yourself a favor and watch him play against Ohio State in 2018 and come back to me when you are finished. Not only did he single-handedly beat an (at the time) unbeaten Ohio State with 12 receptions for 170 yards and 2 touchdowns, he did it as a true freshman.

There is no denying that Moore is a bit of a wild card. He played in seven games combined over the last two seasons due to injuries and then opting out of the Big Ten season. I understand there are size concerns (5-foot-9, 180 pounds), but don’t let that get in the way of a game-breaker who plays like a dog on the field and can burn angles with well-documented 4.33 speed. He is the perfect fit for a creative offensive mind and signal-caller. Ring any bells?

Walter Football: 61st overall, second round to the Bills; 7th WR taken 

The Bills don't really have any needs, so they can afford to use a second-round pick on a versatile weapon.

Rondale Moore is a very intriguing weapon. He accumulated 1,367 yards as a freshman by both running and receiving. Some NFL team is going to figure out a great way to use the extremely talented 175-pounder.

Ric Siritella, Sports Illustrated Fan Nation: 26th overall to the Browns; 4th WR taken 

The team seemed to thrive without Odell Beckham Jr. in the lineup and his return to the team remains questionable. Adding Moore injects a dynamic playmaker that they thought they were getting when they traded for OBJ. 

Matt Fitzgerald, Sportnaut: 29th overall to the Packers; 7th WR taken 

Many criticized Green Bay for not providing quarterback Aaron Rodgers with any weapons in last year’s draft, and even trading up to select his presumptive successor, Jordan Love. All Rodgers did was go on an MVP-caliber tear of a 2020 season. Now, the Packers won’t make that mistake again by giving him an absolutely lethal, speedy slot man in Moore, who’s flying under the radar due to injury issues but is really among the highest-ceiling skill players of the 2021 draft. 

DraftTek: 41st overall, second round to the Lions; 6th WR taken 

Losing not just their QB of the past 12 years, but also Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones and Danny Amendola to the streets of free agency is equally brutal. This leaves a 2021 WR lineup featuring Quintez Cephus and Geronimo Allison. Cephus recorded 20 catches in his rookie season for 349 yards (17.5 ypc) and 2 TD. Allison sat out the season.

If a playmaking talent like Rondale Moore were to fall to the Lions here, new GM Brad Holmes needs to jump. Talentwise, Moore represents fabulous value here, but it could easily happen as teams focus on QBs and OTs in Round 1. There are so many quality WRs that a few will fall through the cracks, and the Lions need to pounce. Moore can be deployed in many ways, but it's his injury history that makes him available here at #41. 

Josh Schrock, NBC Bay Area: 30th overall to the Packers; 5th WR taken 

The Packers have to go against their normal roster-building strategy and give the likely MVP another weapon. I had the Packers drafting Chris Olave, but he elected to return to Ohio State. The Packers stay in the Big Ten and draft Purdue speedster Rondale Moore, who would mesh well with Davante Adams and Allen Lazard. 

Buying or Selling the Latest 2021 NFL Draft Buzz, Rumors

Excerpt:

Some Teams Rank Rondale Moore Higher Than Jaylen Waddle

Most mock drafts list LSU's Ja'Marr Chase along with Alabama wideouts DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle as the top three receivers selected in April.

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline has intel that breaks up the thought of a consensus big three at the position.

"It's pretty much Chase then Smith," Pauline wrote. "However, a lot of teams like Rondale Moore of Purdue ahead of Waddle and justifiably so. He (Moore) is more of a natural receiver compared to Waddle."

Both Waddle and Moore had abbreviated 2020 seasons.

In October, Waddle fractured his ankle, though he did return for the College Football Playoff National Championship against Ohio State, catching three passes for 34 yards. In his first four games, he recorded 557 yards and four touchdowns.

Initially, Moore opted out of the 2020 campaign, but he changed his mind in September. However, a lower-body injury kept him out of action for most of the fall. The Purdue product recorded 35 receptions for 270 yards in three games.

Averaging 18.9 yards per reception as a collegian, Waddle earned the big-play receiver label, whereas Moore averaged 10.8 yards per catch.

On the flip side, Moore has been a high-volume receiver. He hauled in 114 passes as a true freshman while Waddle had 106 catches through three terms.

Moore's injury history could hurt him. In 2019, he only played four games because of a hamstring issue. Waddle has a bigger body of work at a more prestigious program, which will probably propel him over Moore in the final draft order.

Verdict: Sell

is he another Ruggs though? I'm almost scared to take little WRs. For every Steve Smith there are dozens of busts....

Users who are viewing this thread