What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Roster Cutdown time - Who you dumpin' / keepin' ? (1 Viewer)

Casting Couch

Footballguy
Lots of dynasty talent on shallow rosters may be tossed onto the waiver wire in the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan Matthews has to go. Zay Jones is right on the line. Other than that it will be scrubs/fliers like Jarwin, DeAngelo Henderson

Dumped Jalen Richard; Dumping Rico Gathers and Jeremy Hill (24 man rosters, TE-premium, dynasty).

Keeping Dixon, Prosise, Hines, Roc Thomas, Jaylen Samuels, and Higbee.

RushHour said:
Jordan Matthews has to go. Zay Jones is right on the line. Other than that it will be scrubs/fliers like Jarwin, DeAngelo Henderson
I dumped Zay Jones about a week ago and he was snapped up about 2 hours later..

Cutting:

Abdullah - possible he gets cut or traded but I think the ship has sailed on him. His upside seems to be a 3rd down back which likely has minimal value.

Zay Jones - I don't believe his career so far could be much more disastrous. Buffalo's offense is going to be ranked #32 this year. O-line is a total poop show.

Keep for now:

Jarwin - has the best chance of being the starter. Blocks well, good hands and a quick release could allow him to gobble up short passes.

Josh Allen - in a start 1 QB league, prospects on crappy offenses don't have much value. He's got a high ceiling (and low floor) but he's raw, waiting on him for 3 years while Buffalo gets some pass catchers and fixes their o-line seems likes it's not worth the roster spot. He'll likely be cut from my team by week 4.

I dumped Zay Jones about a week ago and he was snapped up about 2 hours later..
I'm on the fence with this one.  It comes down to which I want to wait on, him or Treadwell.  I'm a bit gun shy after cutting Agholor at the beginning of last season.  I'll probably end up cutting both for waiver adds.

Keep / Stuck With:  Dez, Jeremy Hill, Corey Coleman, Valdes-Scalding

Dropping:  Wayne Gallman

Debating:  Jaylen Samuels, Chase Edmunds, Josh Malone

Keep / Stuck With:  Dez, Jeremy Hill, Corey Coleman, Valdes-Scalding

Dropping:  Wayne Gallman

Debating:  Jaylen Samuels, Chase Edmunds, Josh Malone

That name surprises me. He’s someone I have a lot of shares in with that current situation. If Saquons injury is a lingering one in any way, I think the giants will try to avoid having their future franchise RB be a workhorse

10 team Superflex league. Slow rookie draft in progress. 

Cut QB Kelly, WR Dez, and WR Woods

Drafted RB Barkley, QB Jackson, and RB Guice

Waiting for Hunter Henry to be moved to IR so I can clear up some roster space. Mildly annoying to have to keep him on the active roster when you know he's done for the year.

Bubble guys for me are people like Chad Hansen, Devante Mays, Amara Darboh, Kevin White, and Boston Scott. Already dropped Hansen in several leagues, as it seems he'll be a non-factor for the Jets. Did zilch this preseason. I'll keep Mays if he makes Green Bay's 53. If they let him go, I'll probably have to dump him. Ditto Darboh in Seattle. White and Scott look like they have their roster spots sewn up, so I'll likely find room for those guys.

Waiting for Hunter Henry to be moved to IR so I can clear up some roster space. Mildly annoying to have to keep him on the active roster when you know he's done for the year.

Bubble guys for me are people like Chad Hansen, Devante Mays, Amara Darboh, Kevin White, and Boston Scott. Already dropped Hansen in several leagues, as it seems he'll be a non-factor for the Jets. Did zilch this preseason. I'll keep Mays if he makes Green Bay's 53. If they let him go, I'll probably have to dump him. Ditto Darboh in Seattle. White and Scott look like they have their roster spots sewn up, so I'll likely find room for those guys.
Better hold on to Boston Scott. Saints RB is a gem and he could carve out a role over Jonathan Williams still. 

That name surprises me. He’s someone I have a lot of shares in with that current situation. If Saquons injury is a lingering one in any way, I think the giants will try to avoid having their future franchise RB be a workhorse
Yah I like Gallman, my issue that in dynasty what’s the upside beyond a season ending injury to Barkley.   Even then not so much.  Starting him for a few games does nothing for me. 

I have to cut 5 of these guys to get down to 20: Josh Allen, Zay, Tavon Austin, Boyd, Shaheen, Seals. Thoughts? 

dropped Gallman, Prosise, C. Clay and held onto Ballage, Snead, and Treadwell 

dropped Gallman, J. Samuel, Brissett and Perriman while David Moore, Treadwell, Edmunds and J. Richard made the cut

They'll most likely put him on the IR-Designated Return list but he'll need to be on the final 53 first for that to happen, so you'll most likely have to burn a roster spot for a little while.

I had been holding out hope for Orleans Darkwa but the man just can’t get his pen on the paper.

Other disappointments include Trenton Canon, Kendrick Bourne, probably Alfred Blue. Then it’s a choice between Sudfeld, Sproles,  Rashard Higgins, or Jake Kumerow. Superflex so Sudfeld possibly being the week 1 starter means something (also he has looked good enough)

Same issue as Gallman, barring catastrophic injury payout is long ways away, chews up a roster spot
I am holding Gallman because he looked good in preseason and he doesn't need a catastrophic injury to play.  MCLs, ankle sprains etc happen to the best of them. 

2 man Rookie squad: Valdes-scantling,

4 man Practice squad: Ivory, JMon Moore, Jesse James, D. fountain

Cutting Lambo, D. Cantrell.

Dropped (or more traded for a late 2019 4th a few days ago): Corey Coleman

Also dropped: Eric Decker and Ted Ginn 

Keeping for now: Blake Bortles, Mark Walton, and Charles Clay

Trying to decide whether to drop Sanu or not.  Seems like we know who he is and what he brings to the table.  He's more of a bye week fill in that won't get you a 0 if you have to start him.  There's more talent around him this year, so he seems like just another guy.  Been thinking about dropping him for Chad Williams or some of the other guys in that tier.   

Trying to decide whether to drop Sanu or not.  Seems like we know who he is and what he brings to the table.  He's more of a bye week fill in that won't get you a 0 if you have to start him.  There's more talent around him this year, so he seems like just another guy.  Been thinking about dropping him for Chad Williams or some of the other guys in that tier.   
I would take a chance on Chad Williams over Sanu. Upside is greater in my opinion. 

Thanks @Casting Couch.  I was thinking it would be better to try and have some bench upside guys rather than the guys like him.  

For what it's worth, I really didn't intend to make that a 'what should I do' assistant coaching thing even though it ended up that way.  I was just voicing my vexed mind for one of my last roster spots.  My apologies.

Redshirt: Jordan Lasley

Practice squad:

Daurice Fountain

Roc Thomas

Terry Swanson

Already cut Christine Michael ... I’d like some more roster flexibility, and still need a kicker and a DB. 

Considering cutting Treadwell, Hurns and maybe Geronimo Allison. 

I’ll try and trade them, for next to nothing (late picks, few FA $’s)

Grabbing Kendrick Bourne (SF WR) as a replacement for Darboh and B Scott in some leagues.

He made the 49ers roster last year as a UDFA and had 16 catches for 257 yards. Made the team again this year. They don't have phenomenal WRs, so he could get some PT. Looks like a lesser version of Keenan Allen or Michael Thomas. I have low expectations like with any other flyer, but if you need a warm body at the end of your dynasty bench then he seems worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread