What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacob Hollister, Tight End (1 Viewer)

Interseptopus

Footballguy
I'm surprised to see no thread on this guy, but I've seen him mentioned. I figured it's time

Since New England lost Hernandez to the thug life, no one has really filled that void at the move TE position. Enter Jacob Hollister

While everyone has been wracking their brains trying to come up with which WR will fill the void left by Edelman while he is out, everyone has forgotten the guy who has drawn rave reviews at minicamp and throughout training camp. And I'm not sure if many people have really considered NE coming out with a bunch of 2 TE sets at least in the interim. 

Hes been getting 1:1 work with McDaniels and Tom Brady. They held him out of the final preseason game, which seemed odd to me, as he is te3 on the depth chart, but in a good way. I'm no big NE fan, but that tells me they may have some plans for him and need him healthy. If I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time I failed to read the mind of the hooded one, but if I'm right there is possibly a difference maker on your free agent list. 

Let's not forget to bring up Gronkowski's injury history. Dont be the guy saying "wow how did I sleep on gronks handcuff?" when gronk goes down. It sure isn't Allen. 

Hollister comes with his warts. He's a little undersized (however same size as Engram and actually close to Aaron Hernandez), and needs work on his blocking, but he is a fantastic route runner and has apparently made big strides from last year. 

I know a few people have been watching him and might agree that he has potential to be big. IMO definitely worth a roster spot; can't be much worse than what you have at te3 already in dynasty.  

I'm surprised to see no thread on this guy, but I've seen him mentioned. I figured it's time

Since New England lost Hernandez to the thug life, no one has really filled that void at the move TE position. Enter Jacob Hollister

While everyone has been wracking their brains trying to come up with which WR will fill the void left by Edelman while he is out, everyone has forgotten the guy who has drawn rave reviews at minicamp and throughout training camp. And I'm not sure if many people have really considered NE coming out with a bunch of 2 TE sets at least in the interim. 

Hes been getting 1:1 work with McDaniels and Tom Brady. They held him out of the final preseason game, which seemed odd to me, as he is te3 on the depth chart, but in a good way. I'm no big NE fan, but that tells me they may have some plans for him and need him healthy. If I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time I failed to read the mind of the hooded one, but if I'm right there is possibly a difference maker on your free agent list. 

Let's not forget to bring up Gronkowski's injury history. Dont be the guy saying "wow how did I sleep on gronks handcuff?" when gronk goes down. It sure isn't Allen. 

Hollister comes with his warts. He's a little undersized (however same size as Engram and actually close to Aaron Hernandez), and needs work on his blocking, but he is a fantastic route runner and has apparently made big strides from last year. 

I know a few people have been watching him and might agree that he has potential to be big. IMO definitely worth a roster spot; can't be much worse than what you have at te3 already in dynasty.  
He actually missed the final 2 pre-season games and is currently limited in practice with a hammy.  Not sure they were holding him out because they have big plans for him, but rather, he wasn't able to go?

Seahawks acquired TE Jacob Hollister from the Patriots in exchange for a seventh-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Initially signed as a UDFA in 2017, Hollister spent a majority of his tenure with the Pats on special teams. As it stands, the Hawks are still hoping 26-year-old Nick Vannett or veteran Ed Dickson are able to produce in a rotational role with 2018 fourth-rounder Will Dissly, who himself remains questionable for training camp following a torn patella tendon suffered last year. Tight end is still very much a position of need for Seattle despite Hollister's arrival.

RELATED: 

New England Patriots

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 29, 2019, 3:14 PM

Patriots castoff Jacob Hollister is more versatile than advertised.  

Patriots castoff Jacob Hollister is more versatile than advertised.

The tight end the Seahawks traded a seventh-round pick in 2020 to New England to get this spring is catching passes all over the offense. He’s inside on the edge of the interior line at tight end. He’s in the slot. He’s outside wide.

And he’s fast, faster than most 6-4, 245-pound tight ends. The runs fluidly, more like a wide receiver.

“He’s been a terrific acquisition,” Schottenheimer said, highlighting speed as Hollister’s most outstanding trait. “And he’s very good at route running.”

Hollister, 25, had eight catches while battling injuries in two seasons with the Patriots. A hamstring was one of his issues in 2018.

He could be that match-up problem the play caller talked about with Jennings, another addition to Seattle’s changing passing game—one that’s been overlooked.

Unlike the rookie, Hollister is on the field, making a strong initial impression.

Seahawks OC Brian Schottenheimer said TE Jacob Hollister has been a "terrific acquisition."

The Seahawks sent a 2020 seventh-round pick to the Patriots to acquire Hollister, an athletic, pass-catching tight end. "The speed element is awesome, really good route-runner," Schottenheimer said. "He has a great feel for coverages, man and zone, things like that." Neither Nick Vannett nor Ed Dickson is an exciting option, and Will Dissly is returning from a serious injury. Hollister has a path to targets if he keeps up his strong showing during training camp.

SOURCE: seahawks.com

Jun 9, 2019, 9:29 AM ET

The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar reports Seahawks TE Jacob Hollister has "been as impressive as anyone on the roster" catching passes in training camp.

Hollister was acquired from the Patriots for a 2020 seventh-rounder back on draft weekend. Will Dissly is coming back from a serious knee injury, and Ed Dickson needs minor knee surgery. Dissly has looked good in his return, but Hollister is a legitimate athlete in the pass game. Dugar believes Hollister has a chance to earn the No. 1 job. Hollister is 6'4/245 and was a big-time vertical threat in college at Wyoming with Josh Allen throwing him the ball.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 7, 2019, 2:45 PM ET

Jacob Hollister caught 8-of-10 targets for 62 yards and one touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 10 win over the 49ers.

Over the last two weeks, Hollister has a combined 12-99-3 receiving line as Russell Wilson's new red-zone weapon following Will Dissly's season-ending injury. Hollister's touchdown catch Monday night was a one-handed grab on an extended play by Russell Wilson as a pass floated into the end zone and wasn't even intended for Hollister. He needs to be added anywhere owners are desperate for tight end help. Hollister will get the Eagles in Week 12 after the bye.

Nov 12, 2019, 12:54 AM ET

Thinking about picking this guy up and dropping Hockenstein, whom I had picked up to cover Kelce's bye next week.  He looked good tonight, but too early?

Lazy thread, maybe some bio info on him or at least the team he plays on? Come on...

Last edited by a moderator:
He showed some pretty decent burst on that one catch, and the TD wasn't the easiest catch in the world.  Glad I grabbed him last week in dynasty.  Saved myself some FAAB.

Hollister is a good add for a team that needs a reserve TE, but if you're trotting him out as a weekly option I don't trust him. SEA has never been good with using TEs, and Gordon and DK form a formidable RZ presence and should see the field a lot. Plus, the TE room is becoming more cramped, especially after a bye week to get healthy.

Scooped him up in my dynasty after losing Dissly, if he can continue where Dissly left off that would be sweet. It's funny how SEA is a TE gold mine this year after how much of a letdown the Jimmy Graham move was. 

Don’t sleep on this guy if you missed on Dissly. Could virtually be free since he’s on bye. They’ve been using their TEs more and Russ obviously likes him. 

Picked up Hollister but now I'm seeing the news about Kittle possibly missing another week, so I'm thinking of snagging Ross Dwelley for his juicy matchup vs. Arizona.

Seems like the rankings haven't quite caught up with Hollister as of yet? Footballguys got him at TE 25 moving forward in week 12.

What gives? I'm considering dropping J Cook at TE 8 for Hollister.

Seems like the rankings haven't quite caught up with Hollister as of yet? Footballguys got him at TE 25 moving forward in week 12.

What gives? I'm considering dropping J Cook at TE 8 for Hollister.

Thinking about doing the same thing...
Add to the mix I start 3 NO Saints (Kamara, J Cook, Lutz, with Murray has a handcuff), and currently start Lockett and sometimes DK Metcalf. Not sure which way to go at TE - Cook or Hollister. Both great QB play. I just think Hollister may figure more targets into the mix = more opportunities? Am I overthinking this one? A TE 8 vs a TE 25 moving forward. I use footballguys as a gauge to go by.

Add to the mix I start 3 NO Saints (Kamara, J Cook, Lutz, with Murray has a handcuff), and currently start Lockett and sometimes DK Metcalf. Not sure which way to go at TE - Cook or Hollister. Both great QB play. I just think Hollister may figure more targets into the mix = more opportunities? Am I overthinking this one? A TE 8 vs a TE 25 moving forward. I use footballguys as a gauge to go by.
It seems weird to say, but I'm kind of liking Hollister right now. Wilson's just having a great season and he seems to be locking onto him pretty regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread