What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacob Hollister, Tight End (1 Viewer)

Hollister's game against the 49ers is especially impressive since they have been completely dominant against tight ends this season.  No other tight end has more than 4 receptions or 10 fantasy points against the 9ers this season.  Tyler Eifert is the only other tight end to score a touchdown against them.  Hollister scored 20.2 fantasy points against the 49ers while all other tight ends combined have scored 48.9 fantasy points against them.  

Last edited by a moderator:
This Hollister kid is my kind of player!  He plays with a chip on his shoulder.  No frills, no gimmicks. He initiates contact......and he's a central Oregon boy.

This week's game seems like a trap.  The Eagles saw what Hollister has done and they will gameplan to stop him.  While the Eagles have given up the 7th most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers, they have given up the 7th least fantasy points to opposing tight ends.  Maybe they are good at stopping tight ends because they practice against Ertz and Goeddert.  The Seahawks might even preempt the Eagles and intentionally not feature Hollister this week on the assumption that he will receive a lot of defensive attention.  Tight ends and wide receivers often follow up a great game with a dud and it is not a coincidence.  One reason why this might not be true is Russell Wilson.  So many of his plays are broken and extended with his legs that the play that was called becomes irrelevant.  When Russell is being descended upon by pass rush, a big tight end just 10 yards in front of him is a welcome target.

Via trade I have the first waiver priority after week 12 and while I’m in the hunt for a championship my TEs have taken a hit in recent weeks. Out there are Hollister, Griffin and Rudolph. All are on the table as options right now, watching how this week plays out

Don Hutson said:
This week's game seems like a trap.  The Eagles saw what Hollister has done and they will gameplan to stop him.  While the Eagles have given up the 7th most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers, they have given up the 7th least fantasy points to opposing tight ends.  Maybe they are good at stopping tight ends because they practice against Ertz and Goeddert.  The Seahawks might even preempt the Eagles and intentionally not feature Hollister this week on the assumption that he will receive a lot of defensive attention.  Tight ends and wide receivers often follow up a great game with a dud and it is not a coincidence.  One reason why this might not be true is Russell Wilson.  So many of his plays are broken and extended with his legs that the play that was called becomes irrelevant.  When Russell is being descended upon by pass rush, a big tight end just 10 yards in front of him is a welcome target.

Due for some serious regression. Philly is no pushover against the TE position as well. 
The last three weeks Philly has played NE, Buffalo, and Chicago.  I can't even name the starting TE on those teams.  The best offenses they faced this year with a decent QB, WRs, and RB were GB and Dallas.  Graham had 6-61-1 on 9 targets and Witten 4-33-0 on 4 targets.  I'm wondering if the TE pts allowed stats are skewed by small data sets and a favorable schedule?

The last three weeks Philly has played NE, Buffalo, and Chicago.  I can't even name the starting TE on those teams.  The best offenses they faced this year with a decent QB, WRs, and RB were GB and Dallas.  Graham had 6-61-1 on 9 targets and Witten 4-33-0 on 4 targets.  I'm wondering if the TE pts allowed stats are skewed by small data sets and a favorable schedule?
The Eagles faced Austin Hooper in Week 2 and he had 4-34-0.  But overall, they haven't faced many of the elite tight ends so you're probably right that their success is mainly due to a favorable schedule.  Vernon Davis even had 4-59-1 in week 1 against the Eagles.

Bought him a couple weeks ago after going thru Hunter-WillD-McDonald-Everett-Herndon-and feel good about how the TE is asked to produce in Seattle. It really is not a spot that defenses can key in on and so about 5-6x a game Wilson has a wide open TE that he simply must connect with and take the free yards and first downs, eventually it becomes wide open red zone targets. TE spot has produced all season long, don't jump off the train now. 

Home stretch, this guy is going to have some great numbers. 

I think that's very far down the list of things the Eagles are gameplanning for.
Are you seriously suggesting the Eagles might game plan for Lockett, Carson and some QB named Wilson before they start to look at what's his name again?...yeah, Hollister that's right. 

This is some serious Kool-Aid that is being quaffed.  Hollister has had two good games.  One of those games was against the Bucs who are horrible against tight ends.  He is in a nice situation being on the Seahawks with Wilson as his quarterback and little competition for targets.  So I am happy to have Hollister on my roster but I'm going to temper my expectations until he has proven himself more.  I've also rostered David Njoku.  If I had to choose one of them for Week 12, I'd choose Hollister.  If I had to choose one for ROS, I'd choose Njoku.

This is some serious Kool-Aid that is being quaffed.  Hollister has had two good games.  One of those games was against the Bucs who are horrible against tight ends.  He is in a nice situation being on the Seahawks with Wilson as his quarterback and little competition for targets.  So I am happy to have Hollister on my roster but I'm going to temper my expectations until he has proven himself more.  I've also rostered David Njoku.  If I had to choose one of them for Week 12, I'd choose Hollister.  If I had to choose one for ROS, I'd choose Njoku.
If we’re going to discredit one of the good games because it’s against the Bucs then we should also credit him for following it up with another equally as good game against the 49ers. 

Bucs give up 2nd most FPPG in .5 PPR and 49ers give up 2nd least. 

I think Hollister is going to be splitting 50/50 with Dickson once he's back in game shape.
I agree that Dickson is a concern. He has shown ability to contribute in the passing game in his past so if healthy he could see a decent amount of targets.

Dickson had 12 receptions in 10 games for them last year (he did have 3 TDs). We'll see, but seems more likely he'll take Luke Wilson's role.

Ed Dickson is going back to IR!

Jeremy Fowler

@JFowlerESPN

27m

Seahawks expected to place TE Ed Dickson back on IR, according to sources. Dickson was activated this week but there’s concern over his recovery from injury.

-7 TDs I can count to Seattle TEs when you go back to Dissly

-Lockett was injured and was his security blanket at WR

-16 targets last 2 weeks

-Wilson MVP caliber season 1 game behind the Mighty SF 49ers

Survey Says!...Pick Him Up!!! 
Has something changed in the last week?

These are facts not Kool-Aid 

Anybody thumping their chest about Hollister didn't watch the game. 

In the 3rd Q he had as many targets as anyone else on the team, it wasn't like he was absent in the game plan. 

Seahawks had a rough day on offense, Carson had a rough day, Wilson had a rough day...

Calling people stupid for playing Hollister today or wanting to run here 1st thing to spike an imaginary football makes you look painfully foolish. 

I will double down and start him again next week. No Tight End outside of a couple are anything along the lines of steady, 

Everett from LA Rams has had a pretty good season but every other week you gotta eat a "3" and hope he bounces back with 15-20 the next week. 

It's the TE 2019 season and it's riddled with injuries that have gutted a lot of good TE options. I can't think of too many better spots to be starting a TE in 2019 than Russel Wilson's offense, it just didn't go today and they still won by 8. 

Hollister owners hold tight

-Cheers

In the 3rd Q he had as many targets as anyone else on the team, it wasn't like he was absent in the game plan. 

Seahawks had a rough day on offense, Carson had a rough day, Wilson had a rough day...

Calling people stupid for playing Hollister today or wanting to run here 1st thing to spike an imaginary football makes you look painfully foolish. 

I will double down and start him again next week. No Tight End outside of a couple are anything along the lines of steady, 

Everett from LA Rams has had a pretty good season but every other week you gotta eat a "3" and hope he bounces back with 15-20 the next week. 

It's the TE 2019 season and it's riddled with injuries that have gutted a lot of good TE options. I can't think of too many better spots to be starting a TE in 2019 than Russel Wilson's offense, it just didn't go today and they still won by 8. 

-Cheers
Absolutely.   

-Cheers
First off, I was the one that was called stupid.  Secondly, you were the one thumping your chest earlier in the thread quoting yourself from the week before.  Thirdly, I'm in the pro-Hollister camp.  I'm just not going to chug a bunch of Kool-Aid and declare Hollister the second coming.  I want him to prove himself a bit more before I put him in my starting lineup.  Here are three of my quotes from this thread:

Hollister's game against the 49ers is especially impressive since they have been completely dominant against tight ends this season.  No other tight end has more than 4 receptions or 10 fantasy points against the 9ers this season.  Tyler Eifert is the only other tight end to score a touchdown against them.  Hollister scored 20.2 fantasy points against the 49ers while all other tight ends combined have scored 48.9 fantasy points against them.  

One reason why this might not be true is Russell Wilson.  So many of his plays are broken and extended with his legs that the play that was called becomes irrelevant.  When Russell is being descended upon by pass rush, a big tight end just 10 yards in front of him is a welcome target.
He is in a nice situation being on the Seahawks with Wilson as his quarterback and little competition for targets.  So I am happy to have Hollister on my roster but I'm going to temper my expectations until he has proven himself more.  I've also rostered David Njoku.  If I had to choose one of them for Week 12, I'd choose Hollister.  If I had to choose one for ROS, I'd choose Njoku.

Jacob Hollister caught 2-of-4 targets for 22 yards in the Seahawks' Week 12 win over the Eagles.

Hollister looked to be hurt at the end of his 21-yard catch-and-run in the first half, but he quickly returned to action and should have had a touchdown. Russell Wilson just badly overthrew the wide-open tight end in the end zone, and Hollister was rarely heard from again as Wilson threw the ball just 25 times in a comfy win. Hollister will be a TE1 next week against the Vikings.

The overthrow by Wilson was one of the worst passes I’ve ever seen him make. Hollister was literally wide open.

His other missed target was an under throw when he had his man beat down the seam. Could have been a TD as well (though the throw would have had to be perfect enough for him to not have to slow down).

Ive got him behind Waller but if not I wouldn’t be scared to start him next week

Dropped Doyle for Hollister last Wednesday. Now trying to add Doyle by dropping Hollister for this waiver period, but Yahoo won't let me make a claim?

We have one-day waivers in our league. Seems like Doyle should have cleared waivers Thursday, and if he's still available when no one picked him up until gametime Sunday, seems I should be allowed to make a claim for him.

Seems overly punitive, even outright wrong.

Thanks for listening.

Jacob Hollister caught 6-of-8 targets for 44 yards in the Seahawks' Week 13 win over the Vikings.

Hollister led the team in targets and tied DK Metcalf for the lead in catches. Hollister continues to stay heavily involved in this offense and will be a weekly TE1 down the stretch in the fantasy playoffs with the Rams, Panthers, and Cardinals on deck.

Dec 3, 2019, 12:29 AM ET

Hollister is good at football. 

His hands are really good, and his blocking looks a lot better than you would expect for a  receiving TE.  He handled the DE no problem on that long TD pass to Moore. 

Wilson is not going to stop throwing to him. He is just picking up where Dissly left off. 

Hollister faces the Cardinals in Week 16.  They have given up the most fantasy points to tight ends this season by a wide margin.  Tight ends have averaged 21.2 fantasy points per game against the Cardinals.  Next highest is 16.2 fantasy points per game.  Week 14 is against the Rams who have given up the 9th least fantasy points to tight ends.  Week 15 is against the Panthers who have given up the 6th least fantasy points to tight ends.

Hollister faces the Cardinals in Week 16.  They have given up the most fantasy points to tight ends this season by a wide margin.  Tight ends have averaged 21.2 fantasy points per game against the Cardinals.  Next highest is 16.2 fantasy points per game.  Week 14 is against the Rams who have given up the 9th least fantasy points to tight ends.  Week 15 is against the Panthers who have given up the 6th least fantasy points to tight ends.
Not putting much stock in this.  I can't name a TE starting on a Panther's opponent outside of Kittle, Hooper, and Cook all who were hurt when they played.

Not putting much stock in this.  I can't name a TE starting on a Panther's opponent outside of Kittle, Hooper, and Cook all who were hurt when they played.
Jared Cook scored 21.9 fantasy points against the Panthers in Week 12.

Most targeted Seahawk in the game last night. 

Still just 6 catches for about 45 yds but a solid 10 pt PPR week, the TE is being featured in this offense and since Seattle is now a 1/2 seed in the NFC, seems like targeting the TE is an emphasis here. Production isn't all that flashy but the opportunities are there. 

I think this guy is a really good play week 16 vs Arizona.   Just not sure I can get him in my lineup (Kelce), and probably playing Melvin Gordon in the flex.

Have him, Higbee, and Henry. I literally dont know what to do for championship week, lol. The Az matchup is so good!

Have him, Higbee, and Henry. I literally dont know what to do for championship week, lol. The Az matchup is so good!
My opponent has Henry so I picked up Hollister to block him in case he wanted to make a change. Seems like every TE scores against Arizona.

Users who are viewing this thread