What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** James Conner Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoMMan

Footballguy
Let's not focus so much on the Le'Veon Bell situation and let's focus on how great James Conner can be.  He was a third round pick for the Steelers two years ago and would have went higher if not for some previous medical issues (including beating Hodgkin lyphoma cancer).

He's on a great offense.

He's capable. 

He'll be given lots of chances to succeed.

I'm rooting for the guy.

:drive: :pickle: :drive:

Last edited by a moderator:
Connor has a very juicy match-up next week against the Chiefs and then another good one in week three against the Bucs.

Is Bell going to okay with being relegated to back-up duties when (or if) he finally reports? Will his ego handle that? 

Connor has a very juicy match-up next week against the Chiefs and then another good one in week three against the Bucs.

Is Bell going to okay with being relegated to back-up duties when (or if) he finally reports? Will his ego handle that? 
There is a good chance Bell won't play another down for the Steelers.  It looks pretty clear that Bell does not plan on joining the team until week 10.  He is already estranged from his team and I doubt the absence is going to help.  At that point I am not sure what kind of production you would get from him anyway so there is a chance the Steelers either rescind the tag or deactivate the man and just pay him for the last 6 weeks and move on.

If I were a Bell owner I would definitely hold on to him but it looks doubtful you're going to be starting him any time soon.

How can anybody possible predict the value of James Connor going forward, except for this week of course lol. 

Connor owners have enjoyed the ride so far.

Hypothetically, getting a gauge who would you prefer ROS - Connor or waiver wire pick up, Ito Smith?

Team Smokin' said:
How can anybody possible predict the value of James Connor going forward, except for this week of course lol. 

Hypothetically, getting a gauge who would you prefer ROS - Connor or waiver wire pick up, Ito Smith?
You have to hold Conner at this point. If Bell is traded you'd have a potential top 8 player in Conner. Even if Bell returns he has more value than Smith, at least as long as Coleman is healthy.

Team Smokin' said:

Conner.   We have no idea what the split will be for Conner/Bell but I guarantee it won't be skewed like it was last season.  Conner is a talent and Bell (if he does report) will likely be roster-exempt for an additional 2 weeks.  I don't think it is likely that Bell will be in game shape after missing all of camp, preseason and 10+ weeks of the regular season so he will be eased in (if they play him at all).

I know that Ito has scored TDs the last 3 weeks but I don't think his performance has otherwise been that great.  I understand why he is a hot waiver wire pickup but he'll be splitting time with Coleman and I don't think that changes much.  

The bottom line is the Steelers have run the ball better and utilize them in the passing game better and you likely won't have to worry about Bell eating into Conner's playing time for at least 3-4 weeks if at all.

If Bell does report, wouldn't you think that Tomlin makes Bell prove to him (and the rest of the team) that he is in shape, ready to work, and committed?

If I was Tomlin I'd let Connor roll for at least two weeks. In the meantime, Bell sweats it out in practice, gets in shape, proves he isn't going to just pout, etc. When Bell proves he's in shape, can be productive on the field, and the locker room isn't pissed off anymore, you ease him in. 

That could be 4+ weeks after Bell reports. 

For so many reasons, I can't see Bell playing a significant role (if at all) right off the bat.

5-1 on the strength of a Kamara- Connor backfield.  Destroying the league on a per game average.  

However, I have never been less confident about my situation going forward.  Kamara  is now a high floor RB2 with occasional RB1 upside and, Connor, post week 10 will be a boom or bust flex play.  

I bet I end the season 8-5 (or 7-6) and am an easy out in the playoffs. 

Lindsay, Collins and Crowell won’t fill the void.  

5-1 on the strength of a Kamara- Connor backfield.  Destroying the league on a per game average.  

However, I have never been less confident about my situation going forward.  Kamara  is now a high floor RB2 with occasional RB1 upside and, Connor, post week 10 will be a boom or bust flex play.  

I’m in the same boat, but disagree on Kamara. Just like at the end of last year, where Kamara was getting more touches and snaps than Ingram, I expect that to be the case again. As for Connor, nobody knows how things will shake out, but he’s earned at least 40-50% of the workload going forward 

zoonation said:

I'm in a similar situation. 6-0 almost guarantees I'll make the playoffs but I wonder how effective my team will be once I get there. Behind these two guys I have Howard, who as we know is currently un-startable. Not to mention my TEs have been unreliable (Eifert, OJ Howard, Sefaris-Jenkins, J Reed). I picked up the current Bengals starter but I'm worried that none of these TEs will make it to the end of the year.

Im in two leagues. 10 team ppr espn league that im currently 6-0 with Conner/Gordon combo. 8 team yahoo ppr league that im currently 5-1 with Barkley/Conner combo. Im going to be fine in the 8 team yahoo league. Enough players available to make up for the potential Conner loss later. The 10 team espn league is going to be different. I currently own Conner, Gordon, Coleman, Drake, Miller, and Lindsay. Ive tried to find a replacement for Conner but currently don't have one. Coleman getting the lead back job for the Falcon's gave me a sliver of hope but Ito Smith will likely eat into his production. Im still hoping Bell gets signed and traded. 

Source?

That sure eliminates a decision for me if true.
Link

”James Conner is the #Steelers player who tested positive for #COVID, multiple sources tell me. He is awaiting a second test tomorrow to confirm these results. Contact tracing continues. And as w/ every positive case in the #NFL and country... here’s to recoveries and good health.”

Link

”James Conner is the #Steelers player who tested positive for #COVID, multiple sources tell me. He is awaiting a second test tomorrow to confirm these results. Contact tracing continues. And as w/ every positive case in the #NFL and country... here’s to recoveries and good health.”
Want ESPN to list him as out so I can put him in IR and grab Snell.

Want ESPN to list him as out so I can put him in IR and grab Snell.
They did.  You may want to grab Wilkins instead, if he's available.

If the game is played this will give us a better idea of how they will split stuff without him, to see if Snell is worth keeping.

They did.  You may want to grab Wilkins instead, if he's available.

If the game is played this will give us a better idea of how they will split stuff without him, to see if Snell is worth keeping.
I the last 48 hours, I've managed to grab Wilkins, B. Hill, and Gaskin. Now can't fit another RB on the roster.

Any of those guys worth ditching for Snell as a Conner owner?

If the game is still even played this week we have to hope snell is not out for being in close contact with Connor 

One thing to consider: Conner is a cancer survivor. Pre-existing condition. This could derail him a bit.

And maybe it's an excuse to let the likes of Snell roll.

Just dropped Hyde for Snell.

Players are sitting out 10 days with the Covid so Conner should also miss Week 13 against Washington.  Washington has given up the 4th most points to opposing running backs this season.

I read they are awaiting a second test tomorrow. Not sure if it was contact or testing positive with or without symptoms and does he have a chance to play with a negative test tomorrow? Or will PIT use extra caution because of prior health issues?

One thing to consider: Conner is a cancer survivor. Pre-existing condition. This could derail him a bit.

And maybe it's an excuse to let the likes of Snell roll.

Just dropped Hyde for Snell.
Yeah, the pre-existing conditions could be a big concern there. I scooped up Snell. It easily could turn out a mess of a committee but at least Snell would be getting the value touches (goal line). He was already stealing some of those from Conor as is.

With the way Pitt has been calling games, it very well be that none of these guys have much value. Maybe this possibly consolidates the run game a bit for the limited touches they are giving in the first place. Will be interesting to see regardless, as it will let Connor owners finally find out if any of these guys is worth keeping as a handcuff. I hope they play Tuesday.

Excuse my ignorance ... honestly just curious. Does beating cancer qualify as having a “pre existing” condition?

I would think him, his team, family, doctors etc would have swayed him from playing in the NFL if there were any side effects, or chance of further complications going forward.

He's not eligible to play tomorrow. He could potentially play next week IF he doesn't have symptoms AND he tests negative twice.

edit: there have been no updates on his status since Saturday.
Yeah it depends if he had no symptoms.

If no symptoms, then it's either 10 days have passed since initial test OR 2 consecutive days negative PCR virus tests separated by 24 hours plus approval from team doctors and the NFL Medical Officer.

If he had symptoms, then he needs to be out 10 days since first symptoms appeared plus no fever in the last 24 hours without fever meds and other symptoms have improved. Plus ok from team doctor and notification of the NFL Medical Officer.

Assuming his test was from Friday since we got results early Saturday, then Monday is the 10th day. Not sure he would qualify for Monday night.  Hopefully he had no symptoms regardless of whether he can play of not.

Checking on Connor's status.

He's not eligible to play tomorrow. He could potentially play next week IF he doesn't have symptoms AND he tests negative twice.

edit: there have been no updates on his status since Saturday.

Yeah it depends if he had no symptoms.

If no symptoms, then it's either 10 days have passed since initial test OR 2 consecutive days negative PCR virus tests separated by 24 hours plus approval from team doctors and the NFL Medical Officer.

If he had symptoms, then he needs to be out 10 days since first symptoms appeared plus no fever in the last 24 hours without fever meds and other symptoms have improved. Plus ok from team doctor and notification of the NFL Medical Officer.

Assuming his test was from Friday since we got results early Saturday, then Monday is the 10th day. Not sure he would qualify for Monday night.  Hopefully he had no symptoms regardless of whether he can play of not.
This is how I am doing my math as well. Monday, December 7th is either the 10th or 11th day. Just trying to put together the best line up I can and wondering if Connor will play against WAS.

This is how I am doing my math as well. Monday, December 7th is either the 10th or 11th day. Just trying to put together the best line up I can and wondering if Connor will play against WAS.
I read that the test was conducted on Saturday, which would make Monday the 9th day after the test. That would mean that Conner could only play if he didn't show symptoms AND he had 2 negative tests.

Snell gets the bulk of the carries, goaline carries, and even some passes. 12 PPR points. If he scored there'd be all kinds of this and that Snell vs Conner.

Hell, I almost hope Conner is out this week so I can just play Snell. McFarland is clearly just a satellite back.

My research tells me that it "sounds like" Connor was asymptomatic and therefore would need two negative tests in order to play in week 13. Not sure why things are so under wraps with the Covid info. Either he's asymptomatic or symptomatic and then the two negative tests is the first case. Now if symptomatic then outlook is he's out this week. Tell us his options for being asymptomatic and take the tests.

Edit: Confusing on the 10 day being asymptomatic vs getting two negative tests at least 24 hours apart.

Would be nice to get him back since I have CMC/Davis on bye. My other RBs are James White and McFarland.  Luckily I only have to start one.

Have there been any updates on him since he went on IR? He was dropped in a 14-teamer where I'm hard up for RBs. Officially he can be back as of Week 10 ... but will he be? If I only have to hold him a week that's a no-brainer. But if it's longer, maybe not so much

Have there been any updates on him since he went on IR? He was dropped in a 14-teamer where I'm hard up for RBs. Officially he can be back as of Week 10 ... but will he be? If I only have to hold him a week that's a no-brainer. But if it's longer, maybe not so much
In a 14 team league I would have picked him up the instant he was dropped.

Yup, I held him in a ten-man league and added him as soon as he was dropped in a 12-man. He is a steady flex when healthy. That being said, I haven't heard a whisper concerning his health...

I hadn't even realized he got dropped. I guess others didn't either.

It is a 2RB/3WR/no flex league, so RBs are a little less valuable. but yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that he's been out there this long

Just checked. He was dropped on the 11th, the day after he went on IR. Not surprised I missed it -- that was a super chaotic week for me. Not sure what the rest of the league's excuse is. I think a lot of time we just focus more on who got added instead of who got dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread