What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So how many millions is Kaepernick going to win in his case vs the NFL? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackballed my ###.....dude is a locker room cancer.....he would divide any locker room he became a part of immediately.  Hes not good enough to justify the risk, period......also, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.....he's influenced heavily by his GF.

Think about it from an NFL owner or GM's perspective.......would you jeopardize losing your locker room over one guy?  There's a lot of money, and a lot of people's livelihoods on the line.....this doesn't fit into the SJW narrative, but it's absolutely why he didn't get a job if you ask me......maybe I'm wrong....maybe there was collusion.....but more likely, franchises decided on their own that he was too polarizing, too distracting, and not good for their TEAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blackballed my ###.....dude is a locker room cancer.....he would divide any locker room he became a part of immediately.  Hes not good enough to justify the risk, period......also, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.....he's influenced heavily by his GF.
This "locker room cancer" was awarded the Len Eshmont award by a vote of the 49ers players after the 2016 season. He joined Montana, Rice, Young, and Roger Craig as winners of that award.

This "locker room cancer" was awarded the Len Eshmont award by a vote of the 49ers players after the 2016 season. He joined Montana, Rice, Young, and Roger Craig as winners of that award.
Says more about the lack of moral quality on his team than it says about how much he deserved the award. 

What divides a locker room more, taking a chance on kap or letting peterman get in and throw his 5th int of the half?

So he kneels in protest during the anthem and everyone goes ballistic. What do most fans do during the anthem? Try to use the bathroom before the game starts? Run to the kitchen? Change the channel to see if another game is finished with the anthem and about to kick off? Take off their hat? Hand on heart? 

How can it be a good posting when Discovery has already been ongoing for nine months?

I'm starting to get the feeling that people in this thread don't know what legal dicovery is.

NFL reportedly is seeking to end Colin Kaepernick collusion case, pushes for ruling

"In no uncertain terms, the request is the most pivotal moment in the nearly nine months of discovery and depositions between [Kaepernick] and the NFL," Robinson writes, adding: "Kaepernick's legal team will now have to file an argument with discovery or deposition material that supports the case continuing ... [and, according to the CBA], the argument will need to show evidence 'sufficient to raise a genuine issue of material fact capable of satisfying' Kaepernick's collusion allegation."

I'm just curious why the more anti-Kaepernick themed thread in the Shark Pool from a couple days ago was deleted, but the now more pro-Kaepernick themed thread in the Shark Pool remains.  Seems suspiciously selective.

What divides a locker room more, taking a chance on kap or letting peterman get in and throw his 5th int of the half?

So he kneels in protest during the anthem and everyone goes ballistic. What do most fans do during the anthem? Try to use the bathroom before the game starts? Run to the kitchen? Change the channel to see if another game is finished with the anthem and about to kick off? Take off their hat? Hand on heart? 
Come on man, it's more than that and you know it......he has become THE polarizing figure in our country.....hes influenced very much by his GF who thinks NFL owners are slave masters.....

Look, I get being a passionate about causes.....and I think Colin truly believes in what he's doing....and I do think he does some good.....I also think he's naive and lacks a bit of common sense.....his "approach" misses the mark for many, myself included....IMO, the liberal left is over playing all the "isms" to stir up people's emotions.....it's actually creating more of a divide....if people would stop listening to the media, and the narrative thats being pushed, and think for themselves, they'd realize that all these problems are not as bad as what's being portrayed....

I think he would divide the fan base, not so much the locker room.
This.  Exactly what happened when Baltimore started talking to him.  

Over the entire kneeling controversy, you’ve got like one or two isolated incidents of some minor player getting PO’d about it.

It’s only a controversy because many fans and good portion of the general public flip out about it.  Not a locker room issue of any signifigance.

Yea he’s gonna clean house. A lot of people going to be shocked in here apparently. 
You think so?  Won't he need documentation or admission that the league banned signing him or a majority of the owners got together and decided not to sign him?

I'm just curious why the more anti-Kaepernick themed thread in the Shark Pool from a couple days ago was deleted, but the now more pro-Kaepernick themed thread in the Shark Pool remains.  Seems suspiciously selective.
1. This one has a better basis for discussion.

2. The moderating team here is very liberal so the posters on their team always get a little more leeway with their posts.

You think so?  Won't he need documentation or admission that the league banned signing him or a majority of the owners got together and decided not to sign him?
I am assuming they have some sort of emails or documentation showing higher-ups discussing it. Otherwise, why even bring the case. 

$1....

... but sometimes that can work out for you if you become president 30 years later.

Honestly, even if he doesn't make any money with this lawsuit he may be able to parlay his new persona into a career post football better than he would have if, you know, it just turned out he was a limited QB that never learned to read an NFL defense and lost his starting job because he simply isn't all that good. I assume he'll make more $ off this than just a Nike advertisement. I'm guessing there are plenty of companies out there that would love to pay him so that they look like they are very forward thinking when it comes to racial issues. I'm sure it's a lot cheaper and easier than actually DOING something forward thinking when it comes to racial issues for those companies.

I am assuming they have some sort of emails or documentation showing higher-ups discussing it. Otherwise, why even bring the case. 
Because they might be hoping the NFL is willing to settle rather than just have it in the news. Or he just wants to make his name as relevant as possible so he can make as much money as possible to fight.... well, fight for any cause that will pay him the most money after his NFL career is over. Which it is. And Nike is already paying him just for "fighting for his cause". 

Construction has nearly been completed on a Kaepernick forum. Problem is that I.T. work was mostly out-sourced to labor in India and I don't know if you've seen their labor laws but.......

Is common sense / talent a basis for a case to continue?  Does there need to a be a smoking gun for this to move forward?  Could you meet the minimum bar to go to trial by showing RG3 continuing to get jobs and your client not getting a sniff?  The once at trial the owners use the defense that impact on their revenues outweighed the benefit of signing him as a backup?  

Who's going to leave e-mails around documenting collusion once the heads to court?  

For it to truly be collusion wouldn't a majority of the owners have to be involved?  If that many owners were involved would at least one of these billionaires be smart enough to tell explain collusion to the others and bury this long ago?

Dodds is a co-owner and he’s uhhhhhhh...how can I say this?......not liberal, so I don’t think the conspiracy theory flies here. 
Agreed, but he's not part of the moderating team and rarely posts anymore.  I think J rightly put a leash on him for business purposes.  There was also a mod with far left rants that enjoyed insulting customer that J probably clamped down on. 

Also, he (Dodds) used to lean left in the Bush / early Obama years.

Finally, let me correct a mistake in my original post.  I said very liberal when left l should have said lean towards the liberal side.

Is common sense / talent a basis for a case to continue?  Does there need to a be a smoking gun for this to move forward?  Could you meet the minimum bar to go to trial by showing RG3 continuing to get jobs and your client not getting a sniff?  The once at trial the owners use the defense that impact on their revenues outweighed the benefit of signing him as a backup?  

Who's going to leave e-mails around documenting collusion once the heads to court?  

For it to truly be collusion wouldn't a majority of the owners have to be involved?  If that many owners were involved would at least one of these billionaires be smart enough to tell explain collusion to the others and bury this long ago?
No, teams not signing him is not evidence of collusion. There needs to be some proof that a group of people colluded to keep him out. 

Does it have to be owners? I’m not sure. Probably has to come from the direction of owners since the nfl is the defendant. 

Agree but to be fair, the NFL cant do anything right and hasn't for about a decade now. I don't think they're dumb enough to send emails to each other saying to blackball this dude but just because your're rich doesn't mean you're not a moron. 

Agree but to be fair, the NFL cant do anything right and hasn't for about a decade now. I don't think they're dumb enough to send emails to each other saying to blackball this dude but just because your're rich doesn't mean you're not a moron. 
Of course they are that dumb, and there are a lot of people in a lot of front offices who agree with him and would love to forward those emails along. 

No, teams not signing him is not evidence of collusion. There needs to be some proof that a group of people colluded to keep him out. 

Does it have to be owners? I’m not sure. Probably has to come from the direction of owners since the nfl is the defendant. 
In your opinion would it have to be a significant number of owners or a league directive for it to be collusion?  Jones and Richardson discussing it might be the evidence for the case to proceed but that might not establish league wide collusion needed to win.

Is 50 people passing by free Super Bowl tickets laying on the street enough evidence to advance a case that they could have colluded not to pick them up?  

In your opinion would it have to be a significant number of owners or a league directive for it to be collusion?  Jones and Richardson discussing it might be the evidence for the case to proceed but that might not establish league wide collusion needed to win.

Is 50 people passing by free Super Bowl tickets laying on the street enough evidence to advance a case that they could have colluded not to pick them up?  
Two or more teams, or the NFL FO and a team would prove collusion. 

I don’t understand your second question. 

Why would any team want the headache of signing him just to be a back up?

It absolutely could be a locker room distraction. 

It absolutely would divide the fan base.

The Nike campaign shows how stupid the public is to believe that Kap is some sort of hero. He had no clue that all of this was gonna happen. The media created all of this. 

It's too bad that more attention and energy isn't focused on the actual issues that exist. It's very difficult to get things done when the country is divided. The kneeling has people talking but not about the right things. 

I believe it takes exactly TWO teams/owners to prove the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread