What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is Will Dissly? (2 Viewers)

Will Dissly (born July 8, 1996) is an American football tight end for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the Washington Huskies.  Dissly was Montana's Gatorade High School Player of the Year in 2013.

Drafted to be blocking TE. Wouldn’t expect these numbers again. Reminds me of Zack Miller. 
With all due respect, I do believe you are incorrect. There's been plenty of chatter how he has such great hands you can barely hear the ball when he catches. Pete Carroll wasn't about to tip his hand when he kept commenting "blocking TE", he loves this kid.

Nick Vannett seemed to be getting some hype during the preseason too (I didn't read up a lot, but seemed like more than Dissly?). Any SEA homers have insight on how this could play out? 

His receiving upside would seem to be pretty capped, based on his athletic profile, but his blocking will keep him on the field and in an offense pretty devoid of quality targets....I don't know, he could have some consistent value. 

Nick Vannett seemed to be getting some hype during the preseason too (I didn't read up a lot, but seemed like more than Dissly?). Any SEA homers have insight on how this could play out? 
bump.......................

He showed good hands for sure and a knack for bumping off weak tackles. That being said, I am skeptical that he will see regular volume of targets.  He doesn't look particularly quick or fast.  

On the other hand, not too many rookie TEs have this kind of start to their career.

I am inclined to think that this game will be an outlier but his blocking keeps him on the field and he does show good hands, so I would guess he could produce 40-50 with 500-600 yards and 5-6 TDs.   TE2.  Don't see him ever being a top6 TE.

He showed good hands for sure and a knack for bumping off weak tackles. That being said, I am skeptical that he will see regular volume of targets.  He doesn't look particularly quick or fast.  

On the other hand, not too many rookie TEs have this kind of start to their career.

I am inclined to think that this game will be an outlier but his blocking keeps him on the field and he does show good hands, so I would guess he could produce 40-50 with 500-600 yards and 5-6 TDs.   TE2.  Don't see him ever being a top6 TE.
I think you're right. He's not athletic but probably better receiver than you might think coming out. Still primarily a blocker though so I wouldn't expect this kind of output going forward - more of a TE2 depth guy, which could still be handy given the position.

I was a bit discouraged that they seemed to go away from him after he got his catches early - to the point where he wasn't even on the field (I think). 

Dissly might not be your typical week 1 flash in the pan. I initially had Dissly on my hot list when I was scouting for my rookie drafts so he did catch my eye. I'm really picky about who I roster at TE so he wasn't high enough of a priority for me to draft, but Dissly has some upside. 

He's a lot more functionally athletic than his rep as a good blocker would suggest. Dissly is a very good combo TE prospect, IMO. His FF situation is under par, as well.

Not ready to pound the table for Dissly, but he's the type of TE I'd be patient with & see what happens (at least for awhile). TE is pretty much a wasteland so any viable pass-catching prospect at the position warrants a good look. The extra good news is Dissly was promoted to starter this week so it won't be all projection like with a lot of young players. He should be on the field for a large share of the snaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Football Jones said:
Dissly might not be your typical week 1 flash in the pan. I initially had Dissly on my hot list when I was scouting for my rookie drafts so he did catch my eye. I'm really picky about who I roster at TE so he wasn't high enough of a priority for me to draft, but Dissly has some upside.
:eek:

I spent 30% of my faab on him in a league with deep rosters lol. F it. I doubt anyone else pops up in that league that isn't already rostered anyway. Let's go Dissly!

I spent 30% of my faab on him in a league with deep rosters lol. F it. I doubt anyone else pops up in that league that isn't already rostered anyway. Let's go Dissly!
It's all about upside at the TE position, especially in dynasty leagues.

What Dissly has going for him is he's going to get significant PT right away so we'll know a lot more in a few weeks instead of having to project upside. Nice talent/situation combo so even if Dissly stalls, I wouldn't be too quick to cut him in a dynasty league unless you really need the roster spot.

Dude can play. Outstanding blocker & is a sure-handed natural receiver with upside. The best pure Y TE prospect in the draft, IMO (& a huge steal in the 4th).

My Hawks Homer buddy said on his big plays Denver literally did not account for him as they assumed he'd just block. So it was smart Hawks coaching. Once Denver accounted for him as a receiving threat he literally did nothing. That was enough to cool my jets. 

Seems like just some sneaky week one game planning by PC. Vannett IMO is still the play. And I've put my money where my mouth is for better or worse. :)

While it seemed like Dissly came out of nowhere, it's actually not the case. He was very impressive in camp & received rave reviews. His week 1 performance wasn't a big surprise to the Seahawks.

I believe Dissly has already been named the starter for week 2, but if not, he's on the fast track to passing Vannett soon enough, anyway.

NFL-wise, Dissly is a big-time steal as a rare old-school combo TE. FF-wise, we'll see, but this dude is no chump.

He's considered the best blocking TE they have.  Given the fact their line sucks, he's going to be on the field more to help block.  But that also means he's going to have more opportunities to release and catch passes off of play action, schemes, etc.

Thought Vannett would be the play but this kid has the better opportunity, at least in the Hawks O.  Couple that with what Carroll and Wilson had to say about him over the summer, and he should be on everyone's radar.  

He's considered the best blocking TE they have.  Given the fact their line sucks, he's going to be on the field more to help block.  But that also means he's going to have more opportunities to release and catch passes off of play action, schemes, etc.

That could be completely untrue if SEA goes to max protect schemes.  That would mean fewer opportunities than a typical TE

Just a tidbit on Dissly's pass-catching ability which is really what we're here for...

He made some waves in the scouting community because when the ball hit his hands in drills, there was no sound (or very little).

You do see the soft hands on film.

Just stashed him in a deeper bench league where my starting TE is Njoku. If Dissly has another good week, I’d rather have him on my bench then try to make a waiver claim on him. If he’s Austin Hooper from last year, I’ll use the bench spot elsewhere.

Dissly has lots of what I call headroom. He's only been playing TE 2 years. TEs typically take awhile to develop so whether or not you think his week 1 performance was a fluke, it bodes well he was able to make such an impact early in his career.

Dissly pops on film with his smoothness catching the ball & his functional athleticism is good. He's more than a JAG & his FF situation is good. 

At this point, I believe Dissly is worthy of stashing in dynasty leagues. He's even a hold in redraft.

Russ dog compared him to Witten this week. Through two weeks Dissly is the #2 TE in 0.5 PPR. That said, the #1 TE is Jesse James, so salt grain it to some degree.

All that said, I did a little research on this kid last night and I like what I see. Seattle is hurting for offensive weapons. They lost double digit TE TDs from their roster since last season. 

:Ear to the ground. Hand on the wire:

Will Dissly - TE -  Seahawks

Seahawks TE Will Dissly suffered a knee injury and has exited Sunday's Week 4 game versus the Cardinals.

Dissly suffered an injury to his right knee on a 5-yard catch. The injury appeared to potentially serious as he needed to be taken off the field. The rookie has had a promising start to the season, catching 8-of-14 targets for 156 yards and two touchdowns.

Sep 30 - 4:34 PM

The Seahawks expect TE Will Dissly (torn patella tendon) to be ready early in camp.

Coach Pete Carroll was equivocating all over the map, saying Dissly should be ready before hedging and amending that the team will be "cautious." Dissly could miss the "first week or so." Carroll did say there was "no doubt" about the regular season. Dissly posted an 8/156/2 line across four games last season, but even in a tight end group that made no notable additions, the odds that he makes fantasy noise in 2019 are exceedingly slim.

SOURCE: John Boyle on Twitter

Jun 13, 2019, 4:11 PM ET

Seahawks.com's John Boyle expects TE Will Dissly (knee) to have a big role in the offense.

Dissly is recovering from a torn patella tendon — one of the hardest injuries to come back from. He's unlikely to be ready for the start of training camp, but the Seahawks are counting on him for Week 1. Even with Doug Baldwin gone, it's hard to see Dissly getting many targets. Dissly's value will be tied to his red-zone usage.

SOURCE: seahawks.com

Jun 28, 2019, 6:04 PM ET

Will Dissly (knee) ran routes at practice on Thursday.

He suffered a torn patella tendon in September last season and has been expected to be ready for camp dating back to at least March. Dissly will likely be ready for Week 1, and it's possible he'll be part of the solution to replace Doug Baldwin's targets. He's still only on the radar in very deep leagues.

SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter

Jul 25, 2019, 4:30 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread