What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chicago at Green Bay game thread (1 Viewer)

I'm sure the thinking was kick the FG, then they need a TD to beat them. Otherwise, go for it and not make it, the Packers only need a FG to tie
If you're only up two, I'm down with kick the FG.  Up 3? Risk reward seems to say go for it there

IMO, theres minimal chance Rodgers sits. Not after Kizers performance. 

He will sit put all week and suit up Sunday unless it's a high grade tear that needs surgery, which is unlikely; no way you let him go back if it's a high grade tear... risk for a devastating injury is too great. but, I wasnt in the locker room so who knows
Was that kind of strech/impact what causes a bucket handle tear of the meniscus? And, if meniscus damage, how likely he's gonna need surgery? 

Was that kind of strech/impact what causes a bucket handle tear of the meniscus? And, if meniscus damage, how likely he's gonna need surgery? 
not necessarily. bucket handle tears are rare in general. it can occur with more flexion though, yes. as the area in question is put on more stretch with the knee flexed.

surgery depends on size and location of the tear as well as symptoms. it could be something an athlete could play with all season. typical mensicectomy recovery is 4-6 weeks. usually just a swelling, range of motion, and strength thing... if an athlete can get the swelling down and strength back quickly (often weakness is due to swelling...  it only takes 20ccs of edema to start to inhibit the quadriceps), then that athlete could be back in 3 weeks, maybe sooner with help of "supplements"

that being said, I'm not too certain Rodgers tore his meniscus. I just didnt see any rotation. however I was wrong with Guice... I didnt see much rotation on his injury either. 

not necessarily. bucket handle tears are rare in general. it can occur with more flexion though, yes. as the area in question is put on more stretch with the knee flexed.

surgery depends on size and location of the tear as well as symptoms. it could be something an athlete could play with all season. typical mensicectomy recovery is 4-6 weeks. usually just a swelling, range of motion, and strength thing... if an athlete can get the swelling down and strength back quickly (often weakness is due to swelling...  it only takes 20ccs of edema to start to inhibit the quadriceps), then that athlete could be back in 3 weeks, maybe sooner with help of "supplements"

that being said, I'm not too certain Rodgers tore his meniscus. I just didnt see any rotation. however I was wrong with Guice... I didnt see much rotation on his injury either. 
Thanks! Appreciate your input.

I need some help settling a stupid bet -

On Fuller's drop, was the ball tipped?

One stubborn guy says yes, Mack deflected it slightly. Other stubborn guy says no contact - Adams just fell down otherwise its a good pass.

Video is inconclusive.  Lunch is at stake.

One stubborn guy says yes, Mack deflected it slightly. Other stubborn guy says no contact - Adams just fell down otherwise its a good pass.

I saw that as well and rewatched it a few times. I think the trajectory changes ever so slightly, I think it was grazed by a nail. 

At first I thought not but sports center had a slow mo shot at a different angle than the game shot and it looked like it may have been ever so slightly altered. I only saw it replayed once so it is impression more than certainty on my part.

It was a tough loss to be sure, but I think we need to cut down the rope and step off of the rickety stool for a second.  That guy Rodgers is pretty good, and he made some throws that other QBs aren't going to be able to make.  That right corner end zone toss was absolutely perfect against excellent coverage.

The Packers exposed some HUGE areas of concern on both sides of the ball.  How the Bears coaching staff addresses those concerns will go a long way in deciding who wins vs. the Seahawks (and how effective coach Nagy is going to be moving forward).

It was a tough loss to be sure, but I think we need to cut down the rope and step off of the rickety stool for a second.  That guy Rodgers is pretty good, and he made some throws that other QBs aren't going to be able to make.  That right corner end zone toss was absolutely perfect against excellent coverage.

The Packers exposed some HUGE areas of concern on both sides of the ball.  How the Bears coaching staff addresses those concerns will go a long way in deciding who wins vs. the Seahawks (and how effective coach Nagy is going to be moving forward).
Yeah.  The Packers - sorry, Kizer - also gifted the Bears a TD and gave away a FG by fumbling in the red zone.   A 10-point swing that helped take pressure off Trubisky.

Yeah.  The Packers - sorry, Kizer - also gifted the Bears a TD and gave away a FG by fumbling in the red zone.   A 10-point swing that helped take pressure off Trubisky.
There were some breaks and a bit of serendipity going both ways, as is almost always the case in a close game. The Bears coaches just needed a little football common sense in the 4th qtr to close this out. Fuller obviously should have ended the game with a gift-wrapped int 2 plays before the td to Cobb.

Another thing that was raised earlier, I think the Packers may have gotten away with one on that play ...   Did Bulaga move early?

edit: for what its worth, I think Bulaga timed it perfectly on this play, but its one that will draw a flag about half the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't have evidence to back it up, but I remember clearly that the ball was tipped. Adams adjusted his route, which is probably why he slipped. 

I do not believe it was

Not sure which Brewer it was but from twitter:

@sahadevsharma: A Brewers player shagging flies in the outfield just took off his warm-up top to reveal an Aaron Rodgers jersey. The fans in the bleachers were not pleased.

Now that's funny 

Go Brewers!
Go PACK Go!
Guessing it was Braun.   Him and Aaron have been intimate for quite a few years.   

sho nuff said:
Except Rodgers quit talking to him after Braun’s steroid scandal....and Braun isn’t likely out there shafting fly balls...

Do you ever tire of just being dead wrong?
You don't really believe they went from besties to not talking to each other do you?  Come on....

You don't really believe they went from besties to not talking to each other do you?  Come on....
Yes...it’s called if Rodgers doesn’t trust you...he’s done with you.

Hell...he has had issues and spells of not talking to his family.

It’s ok to admit the obvious...that you’re wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSA - While the 2nd and 3rd viewing of this game are both great, I have to say its not until the 4th or 5th viewing that I really started to appreciate the nuances and awesomeness.  Just fyi for those of you considering only watching it 3 times. The re-watchability of this game is tremendous, gets better and better.

CM

PSA - While the 2nd and 3rd viewing of this game are both great, I have to say its not until the 4th or 5th viewing that I really started to appreciate the nuances and awesomeness.  Just fyi for those of you considering only watching it 3 times. The re-watchability of this game is tremendous, gets better and better.

CM

Especially for Bears’ fans.  

since there doesn't seem to be an "Aaron Rogers" topic ... or a "2018 Packers" topic, I'll post here.

Going by my short memory, best that I can recall:

Listening to Fox "First Things First" with Chris Carter and Nick Wright this morning on the way to work..

Carter talking about how the injury won't prevent Rogers from playing this upcoming game with the Vikings because of the rivalry, means too much, etc.

Carter states that he played hurt vs. the Bears when he'd otherwise not have played had it been a non-divisional opponent.

Wright points out the fact that Rogers is typically a mobile QB, moving around the pocket, rolling out, ... he asks Carter what the Packers can do to protect Rogers from that tough MIN defense ...

so my ears perk up, I'm expecting ... gotta leave the TE in to block, chip with a RB, quick throws / get rid of the ball fast, or slow down the pass rush with some draw plays, ...

Nope, instead Carter states "You gotta tell the O-line that he's not to be touched ... they gotta know".   :confused:  

Ah, so simple.  

Shame they didn't tell the O-line that BEFORE Rogers was hurt ... or better yet, before EVERY game. If only someone would make the O-line aware.  :rolleyes:

Carter elaborates and rewords his dumbness 3 more ways trying to fill the segment. Wright just goes with it and doesn't bother to call him out on his dumbness

Users who are viewing this thread