What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Not everyone plays in super shark leagues (Most are) and many play in some form of family/co-worker league where people panic even after one loss.

Who are you sending a few offers FOR and who are you selling?

Kelce buy low

Thielen sell high for a slight upgrade if you can.

McCoy anyone selling 0.50 on the $?

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Low: Kelce & 

Kelce buy low

Buying Derrick Henry, Brandin Cooks, Bilal Powell.
I agree with both of these.....and plan to make offers....

I also think A Cooper & C Hogan are good targets for Buy Low moves....

1 game is tough to get a good gauge on their value, but if you can get a good package, jump on it! 

Not everyone plays in super shark leagues (Most are) and many play in some form of family/co-worker league where people panic even after one loss.

Kelce buy low

Thielen sell high for a slight upgrade if you can.

McCoy anyone selling 0.50 on the $?
If you can get $0.50 for mccoy.....

Wrong time to sell McCoy guys..... They just played one of the top defenses in the league. Or are you the type of people who like to buy high sell low?

Why are you selling Garcon after a poor performance? 
I think he is not going to be as good as I had hoped. With Goodwin out he should have done better. Trying to sell to someone who thinks he is still going to be better going forward. I can still sell some on draft spot after week 1. But two weeks of this and it becomes really hard to move him. Just my feeling on Garcon.

so you guys are saying mccoy is the perfect buy low candidate... haven't we been here with McCoy before? he finished #7 RB in my league scoring last year and he scored well (fantasy wise) in less than half the games he played.

I want to buy Henry as well. Not sure which of Ingram, A. Collins or L. Miller I should try to offer 1st
Sheesh.  Well I'm not sure which of those guys I'd offer for Henry to be honest.  DEFINITELY not Collins.  I'd probably offer only Ingram out of that list and even that is a close call.

Buy Low: 

Collins- good usage, scoring opportunities just weren't there.  Dixon injured.  Look for lots more Collins going forward.
Henry- Something just tells me he's going to be used a lot more this week.  Lewis might move fully into a receiver role with Walker out.
Cooks- Totally in sync with Goff.  Threw at him deep a few times and drew PI calls.  Without those PI, he might have had a monster stat line.
Kelce- Teams are going to pay more attention to Hill now.  They have to.  Should open up some stuff in the middle of the field for Kelce.  He's too good to ignore him.

Sell High: 

Peterson- Maybe the most obvious one.  Had a monster game.  Will wear down and not make it through the year when he's getting 26 carries a game. 
Lynch- Really don't think this offense gets going much.  Only had 11 carries for 40 yards.  Got a TD though which inflated his points this week.
Fournette- Hope I'm wrong here as I own him.  But that injury scares me.  Still had a solid game while he was in, and value still should be very high.

Wrong time to sell McCoy guys..... They just played one of the top defenses in the league. Or are you the type of people who like to buy high sell low?
At some point you sell low to get something before it turns worse. The Bills offensive line is a mess and will continue to be all season.  He has some PPR value if he can catch 4-5 passes a game but the WR's can't get enough separation so the flats and McCoy have been doubled. He was drafted in the early third in my one league and this team will be a mess and playing from behind often.

so you guys are saying mccoy is the perfect buy low candidate... haven't we been here with McCoy before? he finished #7 RB in my league scoring last year and he scored well (fantasy wise) in less than half the games he played.
D was good last year, the number of turnovers they plucked will certainty pose for some big time regression.  They lost 2 interior lineman and the replacements have been terrible all summer.  

What about Ingram in PPR re-draft?  3 games left now, with an early bye as well.   What's the FBG's community thoughts on Ingram?

Not a season changer but Alfred Morris could easily turn into a buy low RB2 by fantasy playoff time.  Especially in non-PPR.

Horrible stat line last week with a fumble when he should have had a TD, but per coaching staff that’s not being held against him as far as playing time/number of carries.

What about Ingram in PPR re-draft?  3 games left now, with an early bye as well.   What's the FBG's community thoughts on Ingram?
3 weeks off then comes back for Washington. Then the bye. Then Ravens, Vikings, Rams. No thanks. And I was all about him until I saw the schedule. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished watching the BAL vs. BUF game. Yes, I watched the entire ####### game.

McCoy looks exactly as he's always looked, he hasn't lost a step. He couldn't get any rhythm going, he had three runs called pack in the first half due to offensive holding. I'm actually surprised he even saw the field in the second half, the game was over by halftime.

Part of me thinks he's a sell low because it doesn't matter what he looks like, this offense is absolutely terrible. The OL is terrible and Peterman couldn't hit a throw to save his life. The other thinks this is obviously his floor and he's bound to put up a better stat line versus LAC.

My advice would be to sell only if you can get something decent in return, don't sell just to sell. 

Interesting. You think Baldwin's done?
A few weeks ago he said his knee probably wouldn't be 100% for the rest of the season. Now he has a partial MCL tear in the other knee. This is just a guess but he could easily be out until after their week 7 bye. In leagues with shallow benches I bet you'll be able to get him off the wire in maybe 5 weeks if you really think he'll put up good numbers in the second half of the season on two shaky legs.

At some point you sell low to get something before it turns worse. The Bills offensive line is a mess and will continue to be all season.  He has some PPR value if he can catch 4-5 passes a game but the WR's can't get enough separation so the flats and McCoy have been doubled. He was drafted in the early third in my one league and this team will be a mess and playing from behind often.
So you think 21 yards will be his best game of the season? They dont play Baltimore every week. Good luck with selling at his absolute lowest point. 

So you think 21 yards will be his best game of the season? They dont play Baltimore every week. Good luck with selling at his absolute lowest point. 
Yes because that’s exactly what I said, 21 yards is going to be his best game. SMDH.  

His line and game scripts will all be A LOT worse this year than last.  Sometimes you just have to cut bait and get what you can.  I don’t even own him but figured I’d advise as I’m a local.  This is a patch-work offensive line that’s center was forced to retire, and Pro Bowl guard went AWOL and retired  Duccasse, Groy and even Dawkins who showed promise have been beaten badly since June. 

Package a WR3 and McCoy for Mixon or something.  Plenty of creative ways to try and sell or you can ride him until after the Colts game and sell because they’ll be in evaluation mode come November.  He’s set to make another $11m next year so why waste the tread on his tires at 31 when you’re likely 4-6 win team.  

Yes because that’s exactly what I said, 21 yards is going to be his best game. SMDH.  

His line and game scripts will all be A LOT worse this year than last.  Sometimes you just have to cut bait and get what you can.  I don’t even own him but figured I’d advise as I’m a local.  This is a patch-work offensive line that’s center was forced to retire, and Pro Bowl guard went AWOL and retired  Duccasse, Groy and even Dawkins who showed promise have been beaten badly since June. 

Package a WR3 and McCoy for Mixon or something.  Plenty of creative ways to try and sell or you can ride him until after the Colts game and sell because they’ll be in evaluation mode come November.  He’s set to make another $11m next year so why waste the tread on his tires at 31 when you’re likely 4-6 win team.  
All im saying is he's a hold until he has a decent game. If you offered a wr3 and McCoy for Mixon you would get laughed out of the room right now. I guarantee he will have a decent game sooner rather then later. Luckily for me I don't have to start him anytime soon.

Interesting. You think Baldwin's done?
He said he wouldn't be 100% for the season.  Then injured in the first game.

If someone's optimistic enough to give you a solid replacement--let them hang onto the hopes and dreams that he comes back strong.

Buy Low: 

Collins- good usage, scoring opportunities just weren't there.  Dixon injured.  Look for lots more Collins going forward.
Henry- Something just tells me he's going to be used a lot more this week.  Lewis might move fully into a receiver role with Walker out.
Cooks- Totally in sync with Goff.  Threw at him deep a few times and drew PI calls.  Without those PI, he might have had a monster stat line.
Kelce- Teams are going to pay more attention to Hill now.  They have to.  Should open up some stuff in the middle of the field for Kelce.  He's too good to ignore him.

Sell High: 

Peterson- Maybe the most obvious one.  Had a monster game.  Will wear down and not make it through the year when he's getting 26 carries a game. 
Lynch- Really don't think this offense gets going much.  Only had 11 carries for 40 yards.  Got a TD though which inflated his points this week.
Fournette- Hope I'm wrong here as I own him.  But that injury scares me.  Still had a solid game while he was in, and value still should be very high.

Agree but i'd be inclined to wait a week or two. Has Colts at home next, can't see his value diminishing after that.

Not a season changer but Alfred Morris could easily turn into a buy low RB2 by fantasy playoff time.  Especially in non-PPR.

Horrible stat line last week with a fumble when he should have had a TD, but per coaching staff that’s not being held against him as far as playing time/number of carries.
Do you have a link on the bolded - that was a concern coming off Sunday. 

I wonder if Devonta Freeman is a buy low candidate now. Lots to be concerned about, and I think his value is capped, but could still contribute as an RB2.

He's likely more of a sell low like Baldwin, though -- see if you can get anything resembling their middle value (between their floor and ceiling) in return, and likely settling for a lesser player that might not have such wide variance in week to week scoring.

That's madness if you think that's going to be enough.  If the draft was held again today, Mixon would be 2nd round and Shady probably 6th round.  a 6th and an 8th doesn't get you to a 2nd.

More likely you'd need to sell a strong wr2+mccoy to even sniff mixon type guys. 

That's madness if you think that's going to be enough.  If the draft was held again today, Mixon would be 2nd round and Shady probably 6th round.  a 6th and an 8th doesn't get you to a 2nd.

More likely you'd need to sell a strong wr2+mccoy to even sniff mixon type guys. 
That seems accurate.  Thielen/McCoy something like that.  

Users who are viewing this thread