What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (3 Viewers)

Even more nuts, I'd probably trade Michael Thomas if someone wanted to pay for his production to date. Would need a nice package.
what if you were 0-3, had thomas and no other WR's worth starting... in a start 2WR and a flex 0.5ppr redraft league where you can keep up to two players at snake draft round value (can only keep one year)...

would you take Golladay (13th round keeper, currently WR13 in points) Lockett (9th round keeper currently WR9) and Josh Gordon (not keeper eligible) for Thomas (thomas is not keeper eligible)

what if you were 0-3, had thomas and no other WR's worth starting... in a start 2WR and a flex 0.5ppr redraft league where you can keep up to two players at snake draft round value (can only keep one year)...

would you take Golladay (13th round keeper, currently WR13 in points) Lockett (9th round keeper currently WR9) and Josh Gordon (not keeper eligible) for Thomas (thomas is not keeper eligible)
No. Mostly because I'd expect to get more. Those 3 don't excite me in that format.

This is gonna sound nutty but is Kamara a sell high with Ingram coming back off suspension? 
No.  Kamara is a hold, smile, and ride him to a potential championship.  He is going to challenge Gurley as the top fantasy RB this year in PPR leagues.   I wouldn't worry about Ingram.  He will get some production, but Kamara is a special talent in a perfect situation. 

Like I said, it's worth a try with the situation he's in.
Or, rather than trying to take advantage of the situation you offer him a fair trade that benefits both teams.  Getting someone to make a bad trade in panic mode is great for the short term, but it affects you in the long term.  When it is time for me to start making moves, I always go to the people who are fair with their offers first.  The ones who try to take advantage of my situation or lowball me rarely ever get offers...and I certainly will not come to them when I am in a bit of a panic.

Or, rather than trying to take advantage of the situation you offer him a fair trade that benefits both teams.  Getting someone to make a bad trade in panic mode is great for the short term, but it affects you in the long term.  When it is time for me to start making moves, I always go to the people who are fair with their offers first.  The ones who try to take advantage of my situation or lowball me rarely ever get offers...and I certainly will not come to them when I am in a bit of a panic.
Lowball offers get thrown around by everyone in our league.  It's how every trade talk starts.  Knowing your league members makes a big difference.

Lowball offers get thrown around by everyone in our league.  It's how every trade talk starts.  Knowing your league members makes a big difference.
Lowball offers get thrown around by people in every league.  Your league isn't unique.

When people are used to seeing crappy offers and suddenly a sold one comes in, you're more inclined to take it.  I can't tell you the number of times I was willing to pay a little more for someone and I throw out a solid, but not great offer and they accept it right away.  If I started off with someone shady, they would either instantly reject or be more skeptical of what I'm offering.

Not gonna lie I’d strongly consider it. Golladay will continue to produce, Lockett you know what you get and Gordon is a wildcard. Worst case you continue to lose and you have a WR2 to keep for next year. Depends how bad your other wideouts are. 

No.  Kamara is a hold, smile, and ride him to a potential championship.  He is going to challenge Gurley as the top fantasy RB this year in PPR leagues.   I wouldn't worry about Ingram.  He will get some production, but Kamara is a special talent in a perfect situation. 
Yea, he was last year, too. And Ingram still got half the carries. I didn't draft Kamara because I had a feeling it would return to more of a timeshare - and still hold those beliefs.  Kamara is special, but they're not going to risk him on goal-line touches when they have Ingram.  And they don't want to run their best player into the ground before the playoffs. 

I'm not sure Kamara is a "sell-high" but if i could get another stud RB in exchange for him, I would be doing it.

Really wish I could move on from Freeman/Coleman but Sark can't seem to get either of them that one or two weeks of rb1 production I'd need to do it. I know what happened two years ago, but that's not coming back. 

Aaron Jones..quietly had himself a game ..6-42. 7.0 per carry..just a matter of time, really..but you WANT to get him NOW - Bills, Lions, Niners, Rams, Pats, Dolphins. can it get easier? Rams down a couple defenders. Niners not that great.Lions can't stop anyone not name Patriots, Bills - if you think they'll do to GB what they just did to Minny you're on crack. that cray-cray talk right there..watch Jones get on track this weekend, get himself 100+ rushing yards and a TD or two..the J. Williams show has officially ended.
Williams put up 6 yards per carry and 8 yards per reception.
I guess I'll just add that Ty led all backs in touches and total yards.

That's not a 'go get Ty' comment, that's a 'we have no idea where value will lie any given game' comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my eye on him too! He looked even better than advertised. Have Gio starting until Mixon returns. The whole minor surgery thing could allow potential trade. When I did my research the players I have to trade are about equal with Mixon now - Hyde and Lynch. Not sure he would be that much of an upgrade?
Hm, not sure. Interested in roundtable comments here. I think I'd still rather have Mixon myself over those two, though Hyde might have hidden value with Mayfield coming in to spread the field. - eta - However to be clear I was thinking cheaper. If you have Hyde and Lynch I'm thinking if you can trade bench for Mixon and get richer. 

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Consider putting Mixon the list.  The owner may be tired of waiting or may need a win now, but it shouldn’t be too long acwait for Joe to return.
I just traded for Mixon. Gave up Hopkinds straight up (standard scoring). I have lots of depth at WR but my RB situation is looking very grim. I think Mixon was one of the only RBs with top 6 potential that any owner would even consider trading at this time. 

Thomas The Skank Engine said:
Cleveland doesn't have great run defense. You might get more after this week if he has a decent game.
Browns did get beaten up the Steelers  They did get shredded by Conner but they held the Saints to 2.9 ypc and the Jets to 3.6. I think their run D is decent. They have surrendered some rushing TDs but I feel like a lot of short yardage rushing TDs is heavily influenced by randomness. 

I grabbed Kerryon Johnson last week and could not be happier. Potential to be a 3 down back on an explosive offense. 

Yes, Riddick will get his. But Johnson far and away the best RB on the roster.

Don't trade Kamara. That's nuts. Ingram will definitely vulture touches. But Kamara still has a shot to win your game for you every week.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Consider putting Mixon the list.  The owner may be tired of waiting or may need a win now, but it shouldn’t be too long acwait for Joe to return.
Who would be a reasonable offer for Mixon?

I just offered TY Hilton for David Johnson.

a) I have Antonio Brown.

b) Luck simply can't throw the ball downfield.  Aside from the Brissett play, his yards per completion are abysmal. (7.8 this year vs 11-12 his entire career)

c) I think the QB change results in lots of checkdown passes in the flat to Johnson where he can make things happen.

The Dude said:
Speaking of low - is Goodwin droppable?
I just did a deal with goodwin.  not sure why the other guy would want him

I got Golladay and Crowell  for  T. Coleman and Goodwin in a 12 team ppr league

solorca said:
I'm the same way. It seems like most people start with the lowball offer. When I get those, I reject them right away. I don't even counter. It feels insulting. Maybe it's just the way to conduct business these days. I rather not. 

When I make offers, I shoot for fair value. Would they maybe go for something less? Maybe. I prefer to cut to the chase to a fair deal and it helps long-term trade relationships.

abbottjamesr said:
That seems like selling low unless its PPR.
I was offered C. Hogan for Lynch in a 0.5ppr league.  Turned that down and countered Lynch and Corey Davis for K. Allen but that was rejected.  

I'm the same way. It seems like most people start with the lowball offer. When I get those, I reject them right away. I don't even counter. It feels insulting. Maybe it's just the way to conduct business these days. I rather not. 

When I make offers, I shoot for fair value. Would they maybe go for something less? Maybe. I prefer to cut to the chase to a fair deal and it helps long-term trade relationships.
See, I chuckle at bad offers - but I'm never insulted. When someone makes a lowball offer, it reveals that they're open to a conversation. Sometimes I'll counter with a lowball offer of my own. But the core of the offer is they do want the player from your team - and that's information you can use.

See, I chuckle at bad offers - but I'm never insulted. When someone makes a lowball offer, it reveals that they're open to a conversation. Sometimes I'll counter with a lowball offer of my own. But the core of the offer is they do want the player from your team - and that's information you can use.
Same here.  Doesn't make much sense to get offended by a trade offer.  I will always make an offer that I think the other person might consider.  I would never offer something ridiculous. People do accept odd offers sometimes because we don't all value players the same way.  You never know if a trade will work unless you offer it.

Same here.  Doesn't make much sense to get offended by a trade offer.  I will always make an offer that I think the other person might consider.  I would never offer something ridiculous. People do accept odd offers sometimes because we don't all value players the same way.  You never know if a trade will work unless you offer it.
If I offer Sony Michel for Todd Gurley, that's ludicrous and should be rejected. But I've shown my hand. I want Gurley. That is information you can use as an owner. There's a guy in my league that likes the Colts. Offered me a couple different trades for Luck already this year. He just rejected my latest Luck offer. But one great game, and this guy might be right back on board. 

NeverEnough said:
Anyone sell Diggs in dynasty or keeper?
A jag owner just offered me R.Jones, Crowder and a late first in a 16 teamed. Then added, please don’t counter. I know this is an overpay but I’m a long time Vikings fan.  :clap: Provided some much needed humour especially as I’m leading the league atm but don’t have much depth.

Is Devonta Freeman worth buying at this point?

Guy in my league posted he was looking to move him for a WR or a WR/RB combo

I've got Landry/Stills/John Brown/Ridley/Boyd at WR

Gurley/L Bell/Collins/Malcom Brown/CJ Anderson at RB

Is Devonta Freeman worth buying at this point?

Guy in my league posted he was looking to move him for a WR or a WR/RB combo

I've got Landry/Stills/John Brown/Ridley/Boyd at WR

Gurley/L Bell/Collins/Malcom Brown/CJ Anderson at RB
I think if anything Coleman will get even more touches than he normally did once Freeman is back. So no. 

A jag owner just offered me R.Jones, Crowder and a late first in a 16 teamed. Then added, please don’t counter. I know this is an overpay but I’m a long time Vikings fan.  :clap: Provided some much needed humour especially as I’m leading the league atm but don’t have much depth.
I own Diggs in multiple leagues & don't value him as high as most, but that is LOL

This is gonna sound nutty but is Kamara a sell high with Ingram coming back off suspension? 
Not nutty I was thinking the same thing.

But since week 1 he hasn’t scored in those Ingram-type running situations in the red zone, and they have run him in those situations last week and the week before. So we’re not seeing those points anyway.

Plus with the hopefully minor injury this week I’m not opposed to getting another baller in there to keep Kamara healthy.  I’m holding.

I mean maybe ya, but who are you going after?  Would need to be Gurley or Gordon at this point or nobody unless it's in a package deal.
Gurley owner willing to deal for Kamara one for one in my ppr league. I start Brees and Michael Thomas so some diversification has value. Gonna sleep on it but inclined to pull the trigger with Ingram coming back. 

Gurley owner willing to deal for Kamara one for one in my ppr league. I start Brees and Michael Thomas so some diversification has value. Gonna sleep on it but inclined to pull the trigger with Ingram coming back. 
Was offered Fournette/Thielen for Kamara/Cooks in a full pt ppr. I declined but I thought about it for a minute. Hope I didn’t make a mistake by not doing it. Might try to move Kamara though with Ingram coming back and Kamara’s value probably at its peak.

Sell High: Robert Woods (Rams) and Marvin Jones Jr(Detroit).  Both of them gave off a week where you will get maybe one to two games like this all season.  Unless you have a very deep league, it's likely neither of these two will give many performances worth starting.  The problem is, you will never know when to start either.  Move on if you can!

I feel I'm pretty loaded at RB in my one league.  I've got Tevin Coleman and Kerryon Johnson on my bench and thinking I should turn them into a top WR if possible.

Sell High: Robert Woods (Rams) and Marvin Jones Jr(Detroit).  Both of them gave off a week where you will get maybe one to two games like this all season.  Unless you have a very deep league, it's likely neither of these two will give many performances worth starting.  The problem is, you will never know when to start either.  Move on if you can!
I had just read MJJ is due for a correction in the positive direction based on targets/air yards etc... both woods and MJJ would seem to profile as WR3's ROS so not sure what you expect to get for either?

i would, especially with your saints heavy lineup.

I feel I'm pretty loaded at RB in my one league.  I've got Tevin Coleman and Kerryon Johnson on my bench and thinking I should turn them into a top WR if possible.
Who are your starters? Who is available at RB on your wire? Week  4 is awfully early to bail on RB depth.  We haven’t even bye weeked yet!

Who are your starters? Who is available at RB on your wire? Week  4 is awfully early to bail on RB depth.  We haven’t even bye weeked yet!
My starters are Kamara and Hunt with Howard at flex.  Coleman and Johnson are my only depth at the moment so probably not the best idea.  Ekeler and Clement just came available on waivers.  I have a lot of average WRs on my team, they're not terrible though.  I'm just looking to see if I could possibly get a top WR to really put my team over the top.  I may be better off just sticking with who I have.

My starters are Kamara and Hunt with Howard at flex.  Coleman and Johnson are my only depth at the moment so probably not the best idea.  Ekeler and Clement just came available on waivers.  I have a lot of average WRs on my team, they're not terrible though.  I'm just looking to see if I could possibly get a top WR to really put my team over the top.  I may be better off just sticking with who I have.
I don't see anyone giving you a top wr for either or both of those rbs

Users who are viewing this thread