What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (1 Viewer)

Sell High: Robert Woods (Rams) and Marvin Jones Jr(Detroit).  Both of them gave off a week where you will get maybe one to two games like this all season.  Unless you have a very deep league, it's likely neither of these two will give many performances worth starting.  The problem is, you will never know when to start either.  Move on if you can!
I bought woods real low after week 1 because I watched a lot of that game and he was getting absolutely peppered with deep and red zone targets that kept barely missing. Those targets have continued. Obviously if anyone things he’s gonna go for 130 and 2 every week and wants to pay premium wr1 prices for gun, go for it, but week 3 seemed more like (over)regression to the mean and I feel pretty good about him as a wr2 all season. He’s young, solid qb targets him a ton in high value situations, genius coach calling the plays.

What optimism? That whole situation is dumpster fire. 
I thought Derrick Henry's ADP pre-season was ridiculous, and I was going after Dion Lewis in later rounds than Henry. That said, I think this is a good time to buy low on Henry, Lewis, and Corey Davis. I think Ten can rise up to an average offense, and that would make these guys all startable every week as a flex.

EthnicFury said:
I bought woods real low after week 1 because I watched a lot of that game and he was getting absolutely peppered with deep and red zone targets that kept barely missing. Those targets have continued. Obviously if anyone things he’s gonna go for 130 and 2 every week and wants to pay premium wr1 prices for gun, go for it, but week 3 seemed more like (over)regression to the mean and I feel pretty good about him as a wr2 all season. He’s young, solid qb targets him a ton in high value situations, genius coach calling the plays.
good post. in addition, Rams don't have a big receiver or a big body scoring threat at TE, making woods a target in the red zone more so than the other receivers including Kupp. not forgetting, of course, it's gonna be mostly gurley there anyway. if there was a ranking based on safest fantasy-startable floor for receivers, Woods would be close to the top of that list. People on top of that list are not generally trade worthy because it's about consistent high floors with these high scores sprinkled throughout the season. with guys like this you don't need to guess when they're gonna hit that high mark; put em in your WR2/WR3 slot and enjoy the 9-15 points a game. i find that i can't get even equal value in trades with guys like this, but then i wouldn't be looking to trade him anyway short of the bolded.

God I hope you guys are right. I stopped trying to trade him cuz he isn’t worth anything. 2 years of frustration and missed expectations. 

Buck Allen a sell ? Three good weeks, mostly on TD's. PPR League

What could I expect in return ? Could use a receiver.  Maybe Ekeler as Gordon's backup.

jagbag said:
Buck Allen a sell ? Three good weeks, mostly on TD's. PPR League

What could I expect in return ? Could use a receiver.  Maybe Ekeler as Gordon's backup.
Buck is pretty much  touchdown no rushing yards and maybe a couple catches and a few yards.  So like a 10 point guy if he gets a touchdown.  I would think a fringe RB 3 unless you score

Thinking about picking him up in a redraft.

Is there any good reason to keep Ronald Jones? I do have Peyton barber
I feel like Jones is the ultimate buy low in dyno. However redraft may not pay dividends until late this season....or not at all. Honestly with their receiving targets if RoJo can play a Kamara-lite role it would be perfect for the offense. That may take some time and maturation (just turned 21). A threat out of the backfield would take this potent offense up another notch and he has that ability. Whether or not it develops in time to make a difference...

This is gonna sound nutty but is Kamara a sell high with Ingram coming back off suspension? 
he was number 4 RB last year in standard and number 3 in PPR with Ingram there all year.  Maybe sell high if you think he might get hurt or just generally regress, but highly unlikely it is due to Ingram.

About Henry, I just don't see the Titans offense as anything to invest in. Mariota is injured or limited, and they just always seem to have this dull, underperforming quality to them as a whole, across different regimes.
Yeah, he's on my waivers. I've given up on Tenn offense too having carried Henry and C. Davis last couple of years.

time to SELL HIGH om the hope that fournette returns at all the rest of the season.hes done. same with dalvin cook. dropping both this week. garbage players busts of the 2018 season 

time to SELL HIGH om the hope that fournette returns at all the rest of the season.hes done. same with dalvin cook. dropping both this week. garbage players busts of the 2018 season 
you're suggesting selling him yet are dropping him for nothing?   Something tells me this post is purely emotional and you lost this week by starting both of them.

might have sold Cooper a week too early.

Also, I bought Keenan Allen last week, I think he's banged up.  7 catches but small yardage.  Chargers D never gets off the field, good for catch-up bad or limited possessions.

No.  Kamara is a hold, smile, and ride him to a potential championship.  He is going to challenge Gurley as the top fantasy RB this year in PPR leagues.   I wouldn't worry about Ingram.  He will get some production, but Kamara is a special talent in a perfect situation. 
Glad I got something right this year!    :excited:

I would caution the sell high talk with Carlos Hyde.

I own Nick Chubb in dynasty, so obviously yesterday's TDs were fun to watch. But I owned Hyde during his entire tenure with SF, and I watched every game. Hyde is an underrated player. Tough runner, runs well between the tackles, and surely is a better blocker than Chubb. What you have in Hyde this year is a solid RB2 - and look how bad RB 2s have been this season so far.

Guys that seem like ideal sell highs but you should hold:

Calvin Ridley
- Yes, TD regression coming. But he is electric, and appears to be integral to this offense.

Tarik Cohen
- Better days ahead for Jordan Howard. But yesterday proved the Bears far more dangerous with Cohen catching passes out of the backfield.

Guys that seem like ideal buy lows but you should avoid:

Kenyon Drake
- I advocated Drake as a buy low. Until this coaching staff accumulates more IQ points, Drake is useless. I do think better days are ahead for Drake. And to be fair, his owners are probably ready to drop him so he still has value in deeper leagues. But this is ridiculous.

Jordan Howard
- See Tarik Cohen above.

Buy low:

Dalvin Cook, Keenan Allen, Odell Beckham

Sell high:

Mitchell Trubisky, Giovanni Bernard, James White
I agree with selling James White, and I would add selling Sony Michel.  Got 25 carries against a weak team (yeah, MIA was 3-0 but come on), scored a TD, and plays on a team where you never know what BB is going to do.  If you parlay Michel + player and get a nice upgrade, pull the trigger.

You don't grasp that the phrase is relative to future value.  Just because you missed out on selling him higher last week doesn't make it correct to continue to hold as his value plummets even further.
Dude reaggravated his hamstring and didn’t go back in to a blowout game. If you’re talking dynasty (which I doubt tanner is because he’s talking about dropping fournette and cook) yeah maybe sell if that’s how you feel. But his statement of “sell high/I’m dropping” doesn’t make sense. Sell high means selling at the high point of value. You’re talking about sunk cost, ie you’ve spent this much already, get out while you can get some sort of value before it becomes zero. 

I agree with selling James White, and I would add selling Sony Michel.  Got 25 carries against a weak team (yeah, MIA was 3-0 but come on), scored a TD, and plays on a team where you never know what BB is going to do.  If you parlay Michel + player and get a nice upgrade, pull the trigger.
Seems like a sound theory but all the other back are on IR. I’m holding both where I have them, I doubt someone like Brandon bolden or whoever else is kicking around the ps is going to steal work. 

Was offered E. Sanders and Larry Fitzgerald for Thielen today.  Solid start.  I'm not selling Thielen unless he brings a stud back.

SMH.

Users who are viewing this thread