What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (2 Viewers)

While I wouldn't expect to see this kind of production going forward from James White, I think we need to look at the Pats backfield a little differently than usual with Burkhead on IR. They really only have two guys now, and I think both will be startable on a weekly basis. (White moreso in any kind of PPR)
This. 

We actually have the most clarity in the NE backfield than we've had in recent memory.  It's down to just 2 guys now and both have flex value each and every week ROS.

I worry that Drake isn't going to materialize.  He hasn't been super effective, and the coaching staff isn't going out of their way to get him touches.  It could be a huge disappointment for his owners.  

That said, the upside isn't gone.  And I think he's getting to the point he can be had almost free.  

Seems like a sound theory but all the other back are on IR. I’m holding both where I have them, I doubt someone like Brandon bolden or whoever else is kicking around the ps is going to steal work. 
Agreed. White has been my RB2 in my 0.5 point PPR league and he has been fantastic. Gronk hurting now (what else is new--who could have seen that coming, huh ?), Rex is on IR and with Edelman back and Gordon in the fold, I would think THE pass catching Pats RB is precisely who you want to keep. 

I would add selling Sony Michel.  Got 25 carries against a weak team (yeah, MIA was 3-0 but come on), scored a TD, and plays on a team where you never know what BB is going to do.  If you parlay Michel + player and get a nice upgrade, pull the trigger.
I disagree, and not just because I own Michel in dynasty leagues. I guess I would ask what your team looks like and where are your deficiencies? No way does Michel get this workload every week, that seems certain. But Michel will be a solid RB2 going forward. And given how awful RB2 has been in fantasy this year, I think that makes Michel too valuable to sell high.

While I wouldn't expect to see this kind of production going forward from James White, I think we need to look at the Pats backfield a little differently than usual with Burkhead on IR. They really only have two guys now, and I think both will be startable on a weekly basis. (White moreso in any kind of PPR)
Good point. I do think White retains value going forward.

But less so when Edelman returns and vultures some of those touches.

I worry that Drake isn't going to materialize.  He hasn't been super effective 
See, this is the problem. How many RBs not named Alvin Kamara are effective with five carries per game? Miami is a joke. This coaching staff drafted Drake. They know Drake is explosive. But they seem confident in giving their terrible QB a lot of throws every week. Ridiculous. 

See, this is the problem. How many RBs not named Alvin Kamara are effective with five carries per game? Miami is a joke. This coaching staff drafted Drake. They know Drake is explosive. But they seem confident in giving their terrible QB a lot of throws every week. Ridiculous. 
I can't tell you that you're wrong.  But we're 4 weeks in, and he's had 40 something touches.  

I disagree, and not just because I own Michel in dynasty leagues. I guess I would ask what your team looks like and where are your deficiencies? No way does Michel get this workload every week, that seems certain. But Michel will be a solid RB2 going forward. And given how awful RB2 has been in fantasy this year, I think that makes Michel too valuable to sell high.
Agree, Michel is not a sell.  He is a buy.  White is possibly a sell if you don’t need the near term production to make it to the playoffs.

I own White and not Michel so I with it were the other way around lol.

That said I can’t get anybody in my league to offer anything resembling fair for White and I’ve been trying for weeks, mean time the guy just keeps producing.

Im probably just going to surrender to the unlikely yet consistent fantasy excellence that is 2018 James White so far. 

Also, I bought Keenan Allen last week, I think he's banged up.  7 catches but small yardage.  Chargers D never gets off the field, good for catch-up bad or limited possessions.
Yeah, something just doesn't seem "right" in regards to Allen.  I cannot believe that, if all was well, he would not be seeing more targets/yardage. I now am valuing him as a high floor, low-end wr2 instead of the high-floor, low-end wr1 that I had him penciled in as at the beginning of the season. Whatever it is, sure hoping it is short termed.

Would be happy to have any of those guys - and that’s saying a lot with the amount of RB2/3’s that are disappointing. 
I'm just trying to get a feel for my trade partner.  We are in a short bench league and he's 0-4 with a STACKED roster "on paper" He has Mixon coming off IR so has to swing a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 trade.

He has Michel, Sanders, AB, MT, Cooper, Jeffrey, Mixon, Baldwin, Larry Fitz all on the block.

I'm trying to come up with something using Ingram and Thielen but I'm not sure what 3 I want.

Was offered AB-Michel-Larry for Melvin Gordon and Thielen.  I may counter with Ingram instead of Gordon but he's desperate.

I'm just trying to get a feel for my trade partner.  We are in a short bench league and he's 0-4 with a STACKED roster "on paper" He has Mixon coming off IR so has to swing a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 trade.

He has Michel, Sanders, AB, MT, Cooper, Jeffrey, Mixon, Baldwin, Larry Fitz all on the block.

I'm trying to come up with something using Ingram and Thielen but I'm not sure what 3 I want.

Was offered AB-Michel-Larry for Melvin Gordon and Thielen.  I may counter with Ingram instead of Gordon but he's desperate.
That’s a pretty even trade but Fitz’s future is so unknown with the QB change. He could potentially be unstartable ROY depending on your lineup so it’s essentially a 2 for 2 and then I don’t like it. 

And from that standpoint I feel like Ingram and Thielen is fair. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude reaggravated his hamstring and didn’t go back in to a blowout game. If you’re talking dynasty (which I doubt tanner is because he’s talking about dropping fournette and cook) yeah maybe sell if that’s how you feel. But his statement of “sell high/I’m dropping” doesn’t make sense. Sell high means selling at the high point of value. You’re talking about sunk cost, ie you’ve spent this much already, get out while you can get some sort of value before it becomes zero. 
Nope.  Sell high means you sell today if the value will be lower tomorrow.  Yesterday's value is irrelevant.

Anyone using Theilen as a sell high? Someone offered AB in a package for Theilen, so his value is pretty high.  Are we confident he remains in the top 8? FBG's has him WR5 ROS

Anyone using Theilen as a sell high? Someone offered AB in a package for Theilen, so his value is pretty high.  Are we confident he remains in the top 8? FBG's has him WR5 ROS
Normally sell high indicates you think the player has peaked and will decline in the future.

Here are Thielen's stats from 2017: 91 receptions, 1,276 yards, 4 TDs, 143 targets
Here are Julio Jones' stats from 2017: 88 receptions, 1,444 yards, 3 TDs, 149 targets

Seems to me like you'd be getting rid of a really good player, not a streaky overvalued player.

People that were talking Ingram in here. 

Was just offered OBJ for Corey Davis/Ingram 12 team short short bench PPR

Lineup would be QRWTFFKD

Goff-Gordon-Odell- Thielen- KAllen- Gronk- K D

Bench 

Rivers ekeler Shepard. And empty spot.

People that were talking Ingram in here. 

Was just offered OBJ for Corey Davis/Ingram 12 team short short bench PPR

Lineup would be QRWTFFKD

Goff-Gordon-Odell- Thielen- KAllen- Gronk- K D

Bench 

Rivers ekeler Shepard. And empty spot.
I like both Davis and Ingram, but I would accept that trade... and then find a league for next year with a larger starting lineup and bench ;)

I like both Davis and Ingram, but I would accept that trade... and then find a league for next year with a larger starting lineup and bench ;)
I love/hate this league settings. We charge for add drops and managing the bench is hard but 8 teams make playoffs so if you get in the playoffs having a studs and duds lineup is beneficial. 

Anyone think now might be the time to sell David Johnson? Hard to characterize as high or low - high based on how his value has been lately, low based on preseason predictions. It was nice to see him perform better with a competent QB, but I worry about how future game scripts will affect his usage. 

Anyone think now might be the time to sell David Johnson? Hard to characterize as high or low - high based on how his value has been lately, low based on preseason predictions. It was nice to see him perform better with a competent QB, but I worry about how future game scripts will affect his usage. 
It's hard to find RB's that will get consistent touches more often than not, I was thinking of buying, but as always it depends on what you can get. 

Anyone able to sell Sterling Shepard recently? Did well vs Saints, Engram still out so only really sharing targets with Barkley and OBJ.  FBG has around a low end number 2, early 3 WR ROS.  Any under performing or others you’d rather have? 

Is Gronk a buy low?

For example, I just thrashed a 2-2 owner who has both Jared Cooke (#1 TE in fantasy) and Gronk.

Was thinking of offering Corey Davis for Gronk - his WRs are DJax, Demaryius T and A Jeffrey

I would hate to give up such a promising #1 WR, but I feel like with Hill, Diggs, Golladay and Edleman I don't need him?  My TE is Jordan Reed, so I'm not hurting at TE, but . . .

Gronk.

Have to agree on Landry. I think he only goes up from here. He’s a hold for me. Targets aren’t going anywhere and with Baker and that defense and positive field position I can see TDs to come. 

Fournette I’m avoiding. As I said in another thread I don’t want to have to hold my breath every week. 
Can't agree on Thielen. He is just flat out under appreciated. The way he gets open in the zone is amazing.

QBs love that. Makes him have a very high floor.

Is Gronk a buy low?

For example, I just thrashed a 2-2 owner who has both Jared Cooke (#1 TE in fantasy) and Gronk.

Was thinking of offering Corey Davis for Gronk - his WRs are DJax, Demaryius T and A Jeffrey

I would hate to give up such a promising #1 WR, but I feel like with Hill, Diggs, Golladay and Edleman I don't need him?  My TE is Jordan Reed, so I'm not hurting at TE, but . . .

Gronk.
Redraft or dynasty?  I probably do it in the former but not the latter.  Lots of wear and tear on Gronk.

Truebluey said:
Is Gronk a buy low?

Gronk.
If you can convince that guy to ride Cook all season and give up Gronk for any non elite (top 3ish) WR he’s an idiot and congrats.

Do we have any reliable status updates on Greg Zeurlein (sp?)?

FBG news feed says he may play this week.

Truebluey said:
Is Gronk a buy low?

Gronk.
As a Gronk owner, it would still take a lot to trade him away. You might have to do this deal before Thursday, because I think he will dominate Indy if he plays.

Drake dropped. Don’t need a RB, He would be RB5, but worth a pickup? Haven’t been following him at all this season. 

Users who are viewing this thread