What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (2 Viewers)

Countered with Ito who I just picked up for $0  FAAB and he accepted.  We both had spots in the line up to fill due to byes.

Offering Lindsay straight up to the Cook owner now.
He traded you Marvin Jones (who admittedly has been good, but not great) for Ito Smith, the 3rd string RB on the falcons?  

Ito smith presumably gets max 5 touches this week.  Good for you though.

Last edited by a moderator:
He traded you Marvin Jones (who admittedly has been good, but not great) for Ito Smith, the 3rd string RB on the falcons?  

Ito smith presumably gets max 5 touches this week.  Good for you though.
Yeah.  He needed a RB to play this week and IDK if MJJ makes my lineup most weeks outside of byes (Evans, Edelmann, AR12, Cole).  I have some leverage with the RBs on my bench (Lindsay, Ekelar, Kerryon) due to buys and uncertainty due to injuries.  No doubt he probably panicked, then again he may have felt bad that Watson was injured hours after I traded Kamara for him last year.

Yeah.  He needed a RB to play this week and IDK if MJJ makes my lineup most weeks outside of byes (Evans, Edelmann, AR12, Cole).  I have some leverage with the RBs on my bench (Lindsay, Ekelar, Kerryon) due to buys and uncertainty due to injuries.  No doubt he probably panicked, then again he may have felt bad that Watson was injured hours after I traded Kamara for him last year.
Maybe he should have just bid a buck on Smith and kept Jones :shrug:

Dalvin Cook is the NFC version of Fournette, i.e., lost 2018 season. 

dont do it, dont acquire this chump. for someone as highly regarded and high selection in 2017 draft, I think it's very fare to say Cook is the new , even worse version of Trent Richardson..total bust of epic proportions. 

I want to trade and Buy Low on Dalvin Cook, but the dude looks like a mess. Didn't practice today and may not be 100% for weeks.
Huge man crush on Cook. Had him last year and felt cheated when he got hurt. How I only ended up with him on one team I don’t know but I am so thankful. His season is a wash. Not to say he can’t come back next year and produce as expected but I want nothing to do with him this year. There are buy low’s and then there are simply avoids. 

Huge man crush on Cook. Had him last year and felt cheated when he got hurt. How I only ended up with him on one team I don’t know but I am so thankful. His season is a wash. Not to say he can’t come back next year and produce as expected but I want nothing to do with him this year. There are buy low’s and then there are simply avoids. 
Yeah... it's different from Kenyan Drake because Drake seems to still have the ability, but the coaching staff doesn't see it and Frank Gore is immortal. With Cook, he's just too banged up.

It's freaking Week Five. 

The fantasy season ends Week Thirteen. Just wait for the ebbs and flows to happen and you'll all be happy. It's all squeaking in and then getting hot, anyway, unless you play point total. Then, well...eh...

sorry.  

Oh, that's why they do that?  

Yeah... it's different from Kenyan Drake because Drake seems to still have the ability, but the coaching staff doesn't see it and Frank Gore is immortal. With Cook, he's just too banged up.
See, that's what's confusing: the staff DOES see it. This regime drafted Drake. They watched him play last year. One has to wonder if Drake is in the doghouse, or if this staff is completely incompetent. 

See, that's what's confusing: the staff DOES see it. This regime drafted Drake. They watched him play last year. One has to wonder if Drake is in the doghouse, or if this staff is completely incompetent. 
I have read Dolphins practice reports and I don't see any mention of friction between him and the staff from the media. I've been trying to target every Buy Low back I can find, and his tape doesn't indicate he's dropped off much at all. I just wonder if it's just a strong belief in Frank Gore (who is really a Cro Magnon man unfrozen from a block of ice 15 years ago). Trust is arguably the most important factor in a player getting work, almost moreso than talent.

I have read Dolphins practice reports and I don't see any mention of friction between him and the staff from the media. I've been trying to target every Buy Low back I can find, and his tape doesn't indicate he's dropped off much at all. I just wonder if it's just a strong belief in Frank Gore (who is really a Cro Magnum man unfrozen from a block of ice 15 years ago). Trust is arguably the most important factor in a player getting work, almost moreso than talent.
This goes to the assumption of rational coaching that Sigmund Bloom refers to. I am a huge Frank Gore fan. I drafted him as a rookie on my dynasty team. But no one...NO ONE would ever claim that 2018 Gore has more ability or explosiveness than Drake. 

The Frankman said:
I want to trade and Buy Low on Dalvin Cook, but the dude looks like a mess. Didn't practice today and may not be 100% for weeks.
I traded Kupp for him(trade was offered to me), but I have Julio and Beckham so I was never going to play him.  I have Boyd and M. Williams still.

Ya I think Cook makes sense as a second half of the season stash of you don’t need the production right now.
Agreed.  I see several folks upthread throwing in the towel on this guy... a backend RB1 drafted in the second round of redrafts.  Over a sore hamstring?  Really?

FF playoffs are two months from now.  This guy could absolutely be a big part of a winning lineup by that point.  If you can acquire that potential for a Cooper Kupp type WR2/3, you do it.

I tried Sterling Shepard for Cook, was rejected obviously but to be fair this guy never trades, he is 1-3 and one of the lower scoring teams in the league and has no WR's - Was really just hoping to get a counter.  Nothing.

I'm going to enjoy getting Cook in the 4th or 5th round next year after everyone has given up on him.  In hindsight, we should have expected this slow start and nagging injuries, it's fairly common following his injury.

It's freaking Week Five. 

The fantasy season ends Week Thirteen. Just wait for the ebbs and flows to happen and you'll all be happy. It's all squeaking in and then getting hot, anyway, unless you play point total. Then, well...eh...

sorry.  

Oh, that's why they do that?  
Play for the playoffs, folks.

Am I insane for trying to buy low on Dalvin Cook AND Kenyan Drake at the same time?

14 team standard league w/ Double Flex (W/T and W/R/T)

QB: Pat Mahomes

RB: Lamar Miller, Chris Carson, Matt Breida, Tevin Coleman, Latavius Murray, Robert Turbin (prospect FA)

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, A.J. Green, Antonio Callaway, Taywan Taylor, Keke Coutee

TE: Ricky Seals-Jones

K: Harrison Butker

D: Ravens

My QB and WRs are too good for my season to die because I haven't acquired a reliable running game. I talked to the Cook owner and he wants a 2-for-1 where he gets a RB back; he benched Cook. The Drake owner has Kareem Hunt and Jordan Howard but has to play Drake due to Howard's Bye.

funny to see dalvin cook dominate the last page of this thread... offered chris thompson for cook straight up. cook owner was intersted but hasnt accepte yet. thompson my presumed RB3 behind ingram and kamara, have lamar miller wasting a roster spot too. figuring what the hell lets see what cook can do in 3-4 weeks when he is healthy

devin funchess might be a buy low too. he's put up decent not great numbers thus far. cadnidate for 3rd year bust out as cam's number 1 option. plus his week 13-16 schedule looks awfully tasty 13@TB----14@Cle----15 v NO----16 v Atl

Just made a deal in a contract league. Max contract length is 4 years, first 2 draft rounds are rookie-only, veterans added in starting round 3.

Gave: Jordan Howard (3-year), OBJ (2-year), Keelan Cole (open), 2019 3rd (late)

Got: Melvin Gordon (2-year), Jarvis Landry (1-year), 2019 5th (early)

He's in rebuild, I'm going in hard this year. (Not sure how relevant to the topic, just had to tell somebody :P)

The Frankman said:
Am I insane for trying to buy low on Dalvin Cook AND Kenyan Drake at the same time?

The Drake owner has Kareem Hunt and Jordan Howard but has to play Drake due to Howard's Bye.
Not at all...  I am trying to get Drake myself.... it's just difficult to gage what it will take with this owner.... 

But I have to ask.... what are you offering for Drake? 

Davante Adams may be a good buy low. His YPC is 10, hes still a red zone weapon and as Rodgers gets healthier his #s will only get better. Currently he is outside the top 12 WRs

Davante Adams may be a good buy low. His YPC is 10, hes still a red zone weapon and as Rodgers gets healthier his #s will only get better. Currently he is outside the top 12 WRs
I agree, but you will have to wait a few weeks for his value to climb.... he is hurt (missed practice) & they play Det, then SF before their Bye on Week 7.

Not at all...  I am trying to get Drake myself.... it's just difficult to gage what it will take with this owner.... 

But I have to ask.... what are you offering for Drake? 
A WR and a RB, either Chris Carson (who still should have a prominent role) or Lamar Miller (as bad as he is he still has more FP on the year) and one of Callaway/Taywan Taylor/Keke Coutee. I mean he's benched Drake right now so it's not a terrible deal, heck considering the metrics Miller/Callaway isn't bad at all...

EDIT: What the eff am I doing, nah I need to rework that. 

I agree, but you will have to wait a few weeks for his value to climb.... he is hurt (missed practice) & they play Det, then SF before their Bye on Week 7.
If Im calling him a buy low why would you wait for his value to climb before buying?

I'm offering the Cook owner Chris Carson and Taywan Taylor; again he's not starting Cook anyway is I think it's fair considering Cook isn't close to 100% and probably should sit a week or two. That too much?

I'm offering the Cook owner Chris Carson and Taywan Taylor; again he's not starting Cook anyway is I think it's fair considering Cook isn't close to 100% and probably should sit a week or two. That too much?
Carson and Taylor are both on the WW in my main, so I'm gonna say you're not offering too much.

Carson and Taylor are both on the WW in my main, so I'm gonna say you're not offering too much.
I meant is that too much for an opening bid. I'm going by optics since he's rallied on wanting to get rid of Cook for a week and contacted me about a 2-for-1; we've talked and I expect him to counter it and we settle somewhere in the middle (I do have better other RBs). Personally, I think Cook should sit for 2 weeks, dude is hurt bigtime.

It's a 14-team standard doublex flex league. Not all players on teams are good and not all guys on waivers are bad.

In a dynasty league that would be a lowball offer.

I meant is that too much for an opening bid. I'm going by optics since he's rallied on wanting to get rid of Cook for a week and contacted me about a 2-for-1; we've talked and I expect him to counter it and we settle somewhere in the middle. Personally, I think Cook should sit for 2 weeks, dude is hurt bigtime.

It's a 14-team standard doublex flex league. Not all players on teams are good and not all guys on waivers are bad.
Personally I wouldn't counter such an offer.  I come from the school that your first offer should be a good one....every time.

I meant is that too much for an opening bid. I'm going by optics since he's rallied on wanting to get rid of Cook for a week and contacted me about a 2-for-1; we've talked and I expect him to counter it and we settle somewhere in the middle (I do have better other RBs). Personally, I think Cook should sit for 2 weeks, dude is hurt bigtime.

If the other guy contacted me, I would've asked who he's interested in, rather than firing out a lowball offer.

FWIW, the Cook owner in my league also wants to deal him.  Two weeks ago I offered Ingram+Breida, he rejected, countered with Gronk+Breida.  Suffice it to say in my case at least, we're not anywhere near Carson+Taylor territory.

If the other guy contacted me, I would've asked who he's interested in, rather than firing out a lowball offer.

FWIW, the Cook owner in my league also wants to deal him.  Two weeks ago I offered Ingram+Breida, he rejected, countered with Gronk+Breida.  Suffice it to say in my case at least, we're not anywhere near Carson+Taylor territory.
He already did that but all he said was he wanted "a WR and a RB". When people are that vague I expect a negotiation so I'm giving him my offer, he'll counter with his. I fully agree with you if I had initiated the deal, but he did. I expect him to ask for a better RB.

I'll also say two weeks ago Cook was thought to be 100% back rather than kinda broken.

I'd try to buy Quincy Enunwa if you can. He is Darnold's #1 target. Quietly averaging over 9 targets a game. Those short easy passes are all Darnold can really do. He sucks. So he dumps it off to Quincy and hopes Quincy can save him.

thoughts on any of the following as buy low candidates: PPR

Cohen - passed his bye, will Nagy try to scheme up to get him the ball more in a passing league or will they continue to feed Howard?

Aaron Jones - always a three headed monster or will talent finally take over on a good? team

Royce Freeman - 10 carries of 10+ yards on the season, Joseph said he'll get more work. only 29 snaps, last week.  Will Lindsay go away? Can this be Gordon/Ekeler lite?

D. Henry - offensive line healthy, or is Lewis too much of a PPR hinder where Henry leaves the field on 3rd downs.

I don't like the "counter" game. Give me a fair offer off the bat. I would reject that silliness and that would be the end of it. 

Personally I wouldn't counter such an offer.  I come from the school that your first offer should be a good one....every time.
Exactly, someone offers me something so ridiculous I determine they have no desire or knowledge to give up something of value so I reject or ignore the request and move on.

I'd try to buy Quincy Enunwa if you can. He is Darnold's #1 target. Quietly averaging over 9 targets a game. Those short easy passes are all Darnold can really do. He sucks. So he dumps it off to Quincy and hopes Quincy can save him.
I was shocked when someone dropped him in my league this week. I quickly scooped him up.

Writing is on the wall here. He will be a RB2 rest of the way. Rodgers loves him.
Yeah. I'm looking at those 4 listed to actually add one.  I have like everyone on my roster with an Week 8 bye and need bodies to play.

I like Freeman and Cohen though more as of right now.  How is Jones from a PPR backfield pass catcher? He went from 25 to 38% of the snaps in 1 week.  Montgomery has stayed stable with 25-29%  Williams dropped slightly from 43-37%

Just worrisome as it's a three headed monster until Rodgers gets his way, where Cohen/Freeman only have 1.

I don't like the "counter" game. Give me a fair offer off the bat. I would reject that silliness and that would be the end of it. 
You're going to miss out on potential trades if you assume that posture. My son owns a team in my dynasty league. He has AJ Green, and another owner has tried several times to get Green from Dogg, Jr. Even though I consider most of his offers lowball, his continued pressing on this issue tells me he really wants Green - and I think he will cave with a better offer soon.

Besides, I don't know about you guys, but I'm stoked to see a trade offer in my email even if it is ludicrous. 

I come from the school that your first offer should be a good one....every time.
See, I think that trading is a fascinating science. And I think there are subtle, psychological factors at play way beyond the actual offer. Yes, there are guys that offer ridiculous trades. But the mere fact they clicked that button to begin with tells me they are interested. 

thoughts on any of the following as buy low candidates: PPR

Cohen - passed his bye, will Nagy try to scheme up to get him the ball more in a passing league or will they continue to feed Howard?

Aaron Jones - always a three headed monster or will talent finally take over on a good? team

Royce Freeman - 10 carries of 10+ yards on the season, Joseph said he'll get more work. only 29 snaps, last week.  Will Lindsay go away? Can this be Gordon/Ekeler lite?

D. Henry - offensive line healthy, or is Lewis too much of a PPR hinder where Henry leaves the field on 3rd downs.
Hard to buy low on Cohen immediately after his huge game. I like the talent, but I'd wait for the inevitable 3 point game in a week or two. I like Aaron Jones, and already made an offer a couple of weeks ago that was rejected. Jamal Williams just not that good. I think Mariota to Corey Davis spells good things underneath for the Tenn running game. I was never high on Derrick Henry. But his value so low now, it does feel like a great buy low opportunity.

See, I think that trading is a fascinating science. And I think there are subtle, psychological factors at play way beyond the actual offer. Yes, there are guys that offer ridiculous trades. But the mere fact they clicked that button to begin with tells me they are interested. 
I think you just need to know your league mates.  Depends how each person deals.  I have some guys that never trade, some that will only trade if it's them countering.  They need to feel like they are the one "winning" the deal by making the offer.

One owner I always start low in a 2 for 1 offer, he'll either reject or counter with my next tier of WR2 in which I have to think about before ultimately accepting in this instance.  But if there's a 10-25% chance of him accepting the first offer that's a win.

Users who are viewing this thread