What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (2 Viewers)

I’m trying to buy OBJ, Chubb & JCrowder everywhere, and had my kids put all 3 at the top of their list for Santa.  I’m also trying to play it off that I’m not interested in DCook - like when my girl catches me looking back at another chick’s TE.  

My goal is to capitalize on Michel’s 2game coming out party by packaging him up with some depth to acquire a safer RB1: 

- Michel/Lockett/Ebron or Crowell for Hunt/Chubb 

- Michel/Fuller/Royce for Barkley/Woods  

- Michel/Fuller/Lockett for CMC/Woods 

I don’t trust B.B. to just ride Michel the rest of the season. Given BB’s history with RBs, and Michel’s lack of involvenent in the passing game makes me think that the time is now to low-key flip him.  

He’s got all the talent/potential/offense etc. to finish as a top 10-12 RB, but when it’s all said & done - IMO he’ll end up with season stats similar to a vintage 2013 SRidley.  

I’m trying to buy OBJ, Chubb & JCrowder everywhere, and had my kids put all 3 at the top of their list for Santa.  I’m also trying to play it off that I’m not interested in DCook - like when my girl catches me looking back at another chick’s TE.  

My goal is to capitalize on Michel’s 2game coming out party by packaging him up with some depth to acquire a safer RB1: 

I don’t trust B.B. to just ride Michel the rest of the season. Given BB’s history with RBs, and Michel’s lack of involvenent in the passing game makes me think that the time is now to low-key flip him.  

He’s got all the talent/potential/offense etc. to finish as a top 10-12 RB, but when it’s all said & done - IMO he’ll end up with season stats similar to a vintage 2013 SRidley.  
With you on OBJ just decided to go after him too. Guy has OBJ, Juju, Allen and Davis. Trying to offer CMC for OBJ or Juju but Juju has keeper rights in round 30 so unlikely he does that. 

I think you will regret trading Michel.  Patriots rarely spend high draft picks on rookies and the fact they did here says something.  He's on a high powered offense that will generate a lot of scoring opportunities and positive game scripts with leads in the 4th.  Even if White steals receptions and some carries, not too many situations better than Michel's right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you will regret trading Michel.  Patriots rarely spend high draft picks on rookies and the fact they did here says something.  He's on a high powered offense that will generate a lot of scoring opportunities and positive game scripts with leads in the 4th.  
I’m still not ready to talk about the whole Maroney thing just yet - ok?  I lost a lot of good men in that trade -  A lot of good men!!  

It’s still very difficult for me to talk about that to this day - I’m sorry ...

I’m still not ready to talk about the whole Maroney thing just yet - ok?  I lost a lot of good men in that trade -  A lot of good men!!  

It’s still very difficult for me to talk about to this day - I’m sorry ...
lol had to go back in the archives to find that name.

They only have one tough remaining defense to play (@Bears).  

Why are you pursuing Crowder?  He is currently on my WW (I put him there).  I know the slot corner for the Saints isn't good, but I owned Crowder last year (different QB) and he never showed up against great matchups last year.  And I think Alex Smith is just used to throwing to his RB and TE, so as long as Thompson and Reed are both healthy, I just don't expect much from him.

Well, when I said that Kenyon Drake was a buy low a few weeks back, that looked bad. Now? Who knows? We need to see Miami willing to feed him consistently before we judge.

I'm going to try this one more time:

Buy low on Jordan Howard

His value is almost rock-bottom. But I think better days are ahead.

Why are you pursuing Crowder?  He is currently on my WW (I put him there).  I know the slot corner for the Saints isn't good, but I owned Crowder last year (different QB) and he never showed up against great matchups last year.  And I think Alex Smith is just used to throwing to his RB and TE, so as long as Thompson and Reed are both healthy, I just don't expect much from him.
He re-emerged down the stretch with Kirk last year as a flex ppr option. I read he was really starting to click with Smith in the preseason then pulled his hammy.  I think he’ll be useful during byes & could develop into a viable WR3 option as the season progresses. 

Idk if it’s so much that Smith prefers throwing to TE & RB, and not that those were the guys most likely to be working  the short to intermediate stuff.  Which happens to be where Crowder, as the slot has had success before. 

I’d like to see him healthy for a couple games before I bail tho as no other WR has really emerged as the WR1 in Wash.  

conlilnew said:
Kamara. What's he worth now with Ingram back.
I put a calendar entry to call the Kamara owner in my league tomorrow. If he’s buying what I’m selling I’ll get him at 80 cents on the dollar. Planning on staying on until I reel him in. These are the situations where trading with panicked owners wins championships 

In a short bench - I always look at teams that have players on bye and off to a bad start.  I'm targeting Golden Tate on bye this week.

I'm also targeting Dalvin Cook still with no luck.

I'd also try buying Kamara.

In a short bench - I always look at teams that have players on bye and off to a bad start.  I'm targeting Golden Tate on bye this week.

I'm also targeting Dalvin Cook still with no luck.

I'd also try buying Kamara.
Dalvin Cook owner in my league also not budging.

I tried for Cook and Mixon.  Maybe I’m not offering enough but these guys are supposed to be “buy low”.

Was offering Golden Tate plus for these guys.  Is that too low? 
No, seems fine, just ran into an owner(s) that won't move him. Worth the shot.

Also sniffing around TY Hilton, however owner rarely trades.

Ha!  I'm trying to trade Hilton right now and no one's biting.  I don't have much faith with Luck not throwing deep anymore, plus the recurring hammy issues.
I wouldn’t worry about Luck at all. He seems to be fine + is getting better as the season goes along.

I put a calendar entry to call the Kamara owner in my league tomorrow. If he’s buying what I’m selling I’ll get him at 80 cents on the dollar. Planning on staying on until I reel him in. These are the situations where trading with panicked owners wins championships 
I don't think any Kamara owner with a brain is panicking at this point. However, if the Saints come off a bye and Kamara has another dud, you might have a shot.

Ha!  I'm trying to trade Hilton right now and no one's biting.  I don't have much faith with Luck not throwing deep anymore
This is no reason to move Hilton. Hilton is hurt, so it's a terrible time to sell low on him. And Luck still has plenty of ability to get the ball to his receivers. The "not throwing deep anymore" is more a product of Indy's terrible O-line. A healthy Hilton can still take a little skinny post to the house.

I tried for Cook and Mixon.  Maybe I’m not offering enough but these guys are supposed to be “buy low”.

Was offering Golden Tate plus for these guys.  Is that too low? 
For Cook I think Golden Tate (in PPR) is reasonable, given the risk with his injury, but no way I would consider that for Mixon.  He could easily be a top 10 RB

Another problem is trading away somebody that is on Bye now (a la Golden Tate) - people are usually not wanting to grab that.

I actually try to load up on people with early Byes.  Weeks 7, 8 and 10 have four teams on Bye, and weeks 9 and 11 have six teams on bye.  Having guys that have already had their bye can be valuable once those weeks come around.  Plus you want to reduce your exposure to having a lot of guys on Bye during those weeks.

Last Friday I was able to swing a trade.  I gave Aaron Jones and received Kenny Golladay.  Gets me quite thin this week at RB with Kamara on Bye (I have to start Collins and Ekeler) but I'm thinking Golladay should pay off down the stretch. 

We only start two WR and one flex, so he can never start more than 3 WR.  His first 4 picks were Odell Beckham, AJ Green, Mike Evans, and Adam Thielen.  After them his next best player was probably Golladay, and he only had 3 RB's on his roster before I gave him Jones.  (PPR league)

So look for teams that are unbalanced - strong at one position and weak at another.  I guarantee you somebody is week at RB.  That's one reason to load up at RB in the draft - you're holding the scarcest asset.

So been thinking about this one - PPR league - I give Kenny Golladay and Alex Collins, I get Le'Veon Bell.  Who wins that trade?

PPR, start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex

My Roster

RB - Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Alex Collins, Austin Ekeler, Nick Chubb

WR - Stefon Diggs, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay, KeKe Coutee

I'm going to say that this is the moment to buy Doug Baldwin. His owners drafted him high, he was hurt, and last Sunday he does almost nothing. I think he will start to go off - possibly as early as tomorrow.

themeistersinger said:
So been thinking about this one - PPR league - I give Kenny Golladay and Alex Collins, I get Le'Veon Bell.  Who wins that trade?

PPR, start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex

My Roster

RB - Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Alex Collins, Austin Ekeler, Nick Chubb

WR - Stefon Diggs, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay, KeKe Coutee
You easily do IMO.   Pending my WR depth (if I were on the other side of this), I might consider with JuJu

I'm going to say that this is the moment to buy Doug Baldwin. His owners drafted him high, he was hurt, and last Sunday he does almost nothing. I think he will start to go off - possibly as early as tomorrow.
I agree with this ... squeaky wheel gets the grease (when it's a top player).  I think he gets 10 targets against the Raiders crappy DEF. 

Baldwin explicitly stated his knee wasn't a factor and that they're just not throwing him the ball.  Lowest pass attempts in the league seems to corroborate that story.  With the Raiders and Lions on tap - could come out of nowhere for a couple big games.

I sent Sterling Shepard for Will Fuller/Marvin Jones - Owner in a short bench couldn't hold Jones with the bye. 

Fuller on a down week/banged up.  Should bounce back in a couple weeks.

I agree with this ... squeaky wheel gets the grease (when it's a top player).  I think he gets 10 targets against the Raiders crappy DEF. 

Baldwin explicitly stated his knee wasn't a factor and that they're just not throwing him the ball.  Lowest pass attempts in the league seems to corroborate that story.  With the Raiders and Lions on tap - could come out of nowhere for a couple big games.
As a Baldwin owner, I think he'll provide value long term but 1) not expecting a return to his form the previous two years as a dependable WR1 and the fact that the Hawks passing game really needs to overhaul their approach, and 2) not expecting much in this game against the Raider -- will believe it when I see it.

Point being, he's a soft buy low. Not sure I'd be overpaying for him now.

TE Niles Paul for might Jacksonvlle Jaguars should be a buy low candidate. 7 catches on 9 targets last week might be an indicator of TE1 production for the rest of this season.

pure speculation adds like Ronald Jones D'Onta Foreman
I owned Foreman last year in dynasty, so I watched all his games. Not a great cutter, but he's huge and runs angry. Feels like he could supplant Miller given how mediocre Miller has been in this offense. 

Is Cam really a buy low?  Tons of sites have him as a top 5 QB for the rest of the season.  Sure, his schedule is "easier", but he hasn't played anywhere close to top 5 billing yet.  I don't get the crazy high ROS rankings, but if they are correct he should be a buy low I guess.  Can someone tell me what everyone else is seeing here?

TE Niles Paul for might Jacksonvlle Jaguars should be a buy low candidate. 7 catches on 9 targets last week might be an indicator of TE1 production for the rest of this season.
I like Paul for best ball leagues or te premium leagues, but most of his damage was garbage time and they were down a ton. That isn't going to happen often.

Think I might make a play for Lindsay. Not that his value is all that low now, but I see him being a reliable RB2 in PPR, and having more value as the season progresses. I have an abundance of WRs and I'm trying to figure out who it might take.

In year 1 of a Dynasty League w/ 2 QBs and deep rosters.   No other owners seem to be trading. I have made 2 big trades for RB E. Elliott and TE Kelce.  But those are only trades in the league YTD.   I'm out of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in 2019. 

Free Agent RB right now:  Ronald Jones II,  Mike Davis, Jerrick McKinnon IR.    I'm deep at WR. 

Do i drop J. Allen Baltimore and S. Ware for any of these guys? 

Start: QB2, WR3, RB2, TE1, W/T1 W/R1/ WRT1 K. DEF, IDP2. 
QB: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, 
WR: Lockett, RWoods, AJeffery, KCoutee, C. Kirk, Enunwa, C. Godwin, DJMoore, D Pettis, J. Ross, Devante Parker, 

RB: Elliott, Freeman, JAllen, N. Hines, Chubb, S. Ware, DGuice IR. 

TE: Kelce, Goedert. HHenry PUP-R,  

....I don't need WRs obviously but T. Gabriel is F/A    MVS for GB available. ... QBs  CJ Beathard SF and C Kelly DEN  also available. 

For guys like D. Parker...its low do I cut the cord?  Value can only go up right?  McKinnon could be good but will he be the same when he returns? with a full IR bench any IR players will take up roster spot. But Henry comes off I guess it opens up.    K.Hunt Owner didn't want WARE for 2nd or even 3rd rounder.   I f-d up and dropped Rosen and LJackson early in season to make moves to acquire other players and fill holes.  ANY feedback. Vote of confidence encouragement critique is appreciated

TRADES:  9/20 I traded T.Eifert, T Coleman, DHenry + Acquired 2nd round pick 2019 for T Kelce and Q. Enunwa and 3rd rounder.

9/19  I traded Fitzpatrick, CThompson, JaWilliams, 1st rounder for  E. Elliott, C Godwin, 2nd Rounder. ....Those deals have worked out for me.   I'd like to keep doing that stuff. 

In year 1 of a Dynasty League w/ 2 QBs and deep rosters.   No other owners seem to be trading. I have made 2 big trades for RB E. Elliott and TE Kelce.  But those are only trades in the league YTD.   I'm out of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in 2019. 

Free Agent RB right now:  Ronald Jones II,  Mike Davis, Jerrick McKinnon IR.    I'm deep at WR. 

Do i drop J. Allen Baltimore and S. Ware for any of these guys? 

Start: QB2, WR3, RB2, TE1, W/T1 W/R1/ WRT1 K. DEF, IDP2. 
QB: Watson, Wilson, Mayfield, 
WR: Lockett, RWoods, AJeffery, KCoutee, C. Kirk, Enunwa, C. Godwin, DJMoore, D Pettis, J. Ross, Devante Parker, 

RB: Elliott, Freeman, JAllen, N. Hines, Chubb, S. Ware, DGuice IR. 

TE: Kelce, Goedert. HHenry PUP-R,  

....I don't need WRs obviously but T. Gabriel is F/A    MVS for GB available. ... QBs  CJ Beathard SF and C Kelly DEN  also available. 

For guys like D. Parker...its low do I cut the cord?  Value can only go up right?  McKinnon could be good but will he be the same when he returns? with a full IR bench any IR players will take up roster spot. But Henry comes off I guess it opens up.    K.Hunt Owner didn't want WARE for 2nd or even 3rd rounder.   I f-d up and dropped Rosen and LJackson early in season to make moves to acquire other players and fill holes.  ANY feedback. Vote of confidence encouragement critique is appreciated

TRADES:  9/20 I traded T.Eifert, T Coleman, DHenry + Acquired 2nd round pick 2019 for T Kelce and Q. Enunwa and 3rd rounder.

9/19  I traded Fitzpatrick, CThompson, JaWilliams, 1st rounder for  E. Elliott, C Godwin, 2nd Rounder. ....Those deals have worked out for me.   I'd like to keep doing that stuff. 
What do you consider deep rosters? There is no way in hell a guy like Jones ,MVS, Gabriel, Beathard, McKinnon should  be on the wire. You dropped qb's in a start 2 qb dynasty league? Something is off about this league or you left something out. I am in a 14 team dynasty league with 28 roster spots and superflex. Guys like Orleans Darkwa are on rosters incase they sign with a team that needs a rb.

Users who are viewing this thread