What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (4 Viewers)

Traded Jordan Howard and Will Fuller for Joe Mixon before Sunday's game but the league vetoed the deal. Sucks because I have very little faith in Howard going forward and have been trying to abandon ship before it's too late.
What's wrong with that deal?  Sure, I prefer the Mixon side of it, but there's absolutely no reason to veto that deal.

Makes no sense.  Leave that league.

Traded Jordan Howard and Will Fuller for Joe Mixon before Sunday's game but the league vetoed the deal. Sucks because I have very little faith in Howard going forward and have been trying to abandon ship before it's too late.
Just piling on here but this is why trade veto votes are the worst FF idea ever. Folks reject trades simply because they don’t want other teams to get better.

Commish veto is fine for the vast majority of leagues, use a 3-person committee if you play with idiots. Trades should never get rejected absent evidence of collusion.

Just piling on here but this is why trade veto votes are the worst FF idea ever. Folks reject trades simply because they don’t want other teams to get better.

Commish veto is fine for the vast majority of leagues, use a 3-person committee if you play with idiots. Trades should never get rejected absent evidence of collusion.
Agree 100% not to mention it holds up other moves. When I make a trade I expect it to go through automatically not wait two days to find out a bunch of tools vetoed it.

BobbyLayne said:

Agree 100%. I don't play in any leagues that allow veto.

Each owner that voted no should have to post their reasoning on the message board. FWIW, on the top 200 for PPR, Mixon is #7 and Howard #10. 

Last edited by a moderator:
At a certain point you might be able to buy low on Devonta Freeman. Dude keeps getting hurt and may miss 2 weeks due to a foot/groin/ankle issue.
Trying to swap out Freeman right now for a #2WR.  Other owner seems interested, but wants to "read the tea leaves" before pulling the trigger.  I've owned Freeman in the past and it's been a headache in Sark's offense.  I'll be happy to trade him right now for something.

I get that he'll be well-rested after 20 years off, but top 10 ROS for Leroy Hoard is a little strong to me. :P
:goodposting:

this is obviously for a 50 and over IDP redraft league.  :rolleyes:

Kenny Mixon and Leroy Hoard are vying for defensive and offensive MVP right now

BobbyLayne said:

How does one get "evidence of collusion"?  NSA surveillance? Wiretaps? Satellite images?  That being said, I would never veto a trade that had a plausible chance of helping each team.

How does one get "evidence of collusion"?  NSA surveillance? Wiretaps? Satellite images?  That being said, I would never veto a trade that had a plausible chance of helping each team.
In my 15+ year league that I commish I have never vetoed a trade.  I have told all the league members if I ever have to veto a trade both owners involved in the trade will not be invited back to the league next year.  That is the principal I use...unless it is bad enough to kick both owners out of the league then there is no collusion so let it pass.  Any other method used is a league I would never consider being a part of!

Im offering up brady since i own mahomes.  I hate myself as a broncos fan.  Not sure what i can get back in a ten team league though

Was offered Jordan Howard for my Hyde & Funchess in redraft where I'm deep at WR, so for me Funchess is kind of a throw-in - so really about the RBs from my side.

Thoughts on Howard vs Hyde ROS?
I've always liked Hyde - so unless you're concerned about the injury history he's my pick.

He's still the starter in a high-scoring attack, and Coleman so far hasn't set the world on fire.He's a mid-RB1 when fully healthy, which is up to you if you think he is.
It's really more of a health thing for me. He just seems to always be dinged up. Lower body, concussion, didn't he have a shoulder last year?

But if you can buy him low I can see taking the risk.

I suppose if someone forwarded me screen####s of texts or emails? IDK it’s never been an issue in 27 seasons of playing & I imagine it never will be. If it ever became a he said/he said kind of deal I kick all the parties out & move on.

Have never had a contentious issue in any league I Commish & don’t expect to anytime soon so it’s a moot point. I play with reasonable people who are friends or at least friendly. Not involved in any leagues with internet strangers.

It's really more of a health thing for me. He just seems to always be dinged up. Lower body, concussion, didn't he have a shoulder last year?

But if you can buy him low I can see taking the risk.
Atl homer and Freeman owner. Our starting LG is out for the year. Our RT has regressed as well. Freeman isnt blocking well when asked to either just like in the SB. When healthy he shares with 2 really good rbs Ito Smith has been strong as a rookie.

Sell high on Thielen?  I was offered Robert Woods and Kelce for Thielen and Brate.  14 team redraft.  Not sure it matters, but I have cousins so I would be lowering the risk of a bad week there.

Sell high on Thielen?  I was offered Robert Woods and Kelce for Thielen and Brate.  14 team redraft.  Not sure it matters, but I have cousins so I would be lowering the risk of a bad week there.
If Brate is your best TE it's not a crazy idea.  But I woudn't be selling high on Thielen, I'd be selling really high.  I definitely expect Thielen to be top 5 ROS, especially in PPR.

To be contrarian, I would do that. Thielen is killing it, but you don’t know what you’re going to get with Brate and you know you’re going to have a significant advantage at TE every single week going forward with Kelce. Sure there is a drop off at WR but I think the upgrade at TE more than makes up for it. Goff is slinging and Woods will continue to reap the rewards. 

Traded him away in a package deal in one league a couple weeks ago.  Holding in another because there's nothing more interesting on the WW.
I tried trading for him last week and I revoked it.  Kind of glad I did because I feel like I would have been giving up too much for him.

I tried trading for him last week and I revoked it.  Kind of glad I did because I feel like I would have been giving up too much for him.
Mine's a contract league; I packaged him (3-years remaining) with OBJ (2) and Cole (he can keep for up to 4 years), plus a 2019 pick and got back MGordon (2), Landry (1) and a pick about 20 spots later than what I gave up.   

Been offered DJ for Sony in PPR. This is a true sell high/buy low but I don't think Sony has hit he peak yet. Will most likely decline.

I can see someone taking DJ for Michel or Michel for DJ.  I doubt he bites on the Breida/Thompson combo, but fingers crossed.
Michel worth more due to rookie keeper stipulation and the fact he's getting more and more touches every week. I want to be floored to trade him and DJ alone isn't moving the needle much.

It sucks when you own the potential buy low guys already. I keep getting trade offers for Dalvin and Leonard Fournette that don't even pique my interest. But if it was reversed I'd probably be offering similar stuff. Got several offers of Lamar Miller for Fournette or Dalvin, Stills for Fournette, Hines for Cook. I'm just not interested. I'm middle of the pack, but these are the guys that could help propel a run up to the playoffs. 

Graham Barfield who does fantasy football at NFL.COM tweeted out that Howard's snap rate the past 4 games:  73%, 62%, 54%, 51%.  

Bloom quoted the tweet and appropriately pointed out--the offense is trending up.  

Howard's probably a sell if people still like him.  He's got 2 years of reputation, hopefully people will think they're getting a huge score.  I'd be fireselling all of my shares.  

Cohen may be a bit of pseudo buy low in some leagues.  I think most people will feel like they're selling high at the current time and happy to get something stable for him.  I think we may see his workload continue to trend up.  Obviously, he's not a 20-25 touches sort of guy.  But he's going to be a factor in this offense.

Michel worth more due to rookie keeper stipulation and the fact he's getting more and more touches every week. I want to be floored to trade him and DJ alone isn't moving the needle much.
No, I agree with you.  Even in redraft, I think I'd ride Michel at this point.  I'm just saying, I can see a world where a Michel/DJ trade happens.  I can see both owners liking that.  

I have a hard time seeing a David Johnson owner feeling excited about getting Thompson/Breida.  Even less so in dynasty.  

No, I agree with you.  Even in redraft, I think I'd ride Michel at this point.  I'm just saying, I can see a world where a Michel/DJ trade happens.  I can see both owners liking that.  

I have a hard time seeing a David Johnson owner feeling excited about getting Thompson/Breida.  Even less so in dynasty.  
Absolutely. DJ still has that name and the talent is there... I also like this Denver matchup in the desert this Thursday.

DJ Owner is seemingly playing for next year and he can't be kept. He also only rosters 3 RBs and is in a world of hurt, so, with his roster, he's gaining two starters.

I would add selling Sony Michel.  Got 25 carries against a weak team (yeah, MIA was 3-0 but come on), scored a TD, and plays on a team where you never know what BB is going to do.  If you parlay Michel + player and get a nice upgrade, pull the trigger.
Have to admit I was wrong here.  Michel looks great and NE looks like a more balanced team on offense. 

Kudos to those who invested in him.  Is a low RB1/high RB2 for the ROS and has very nice dynasty value.

Thinking of selling Collins, although his touches were kind of encouraging. Maybe try and target a decent WR2 
If I can get a solid receiver out of him, I do it.  I think this is the week Collins owners have waited for.  

In my main dynasty league:  I've got Gurley/Bell/Collins/Ito Smith at RB.  Got Bell round 1, Gurley round 2 last year.  Made a move to get Collins early this year.  I don't mean to brag about my RB's.  My point is, If I move Collins--I've got Bell who isn't playing, and Ito Smith who isn't blowing me away situationally.

WR wise--I've got Landry, John Brown, Boyd, Ridley, Keke Coutee.  

I think Value wise--it makes a ton of sense to try to turn Collins into someone like Cooks or Kupp.  Certainly if you can get someone better than that, it makes sense.  But team wise--I feel like the jump in WR production isn't as good as the drop off the cliff in RB production.   

Thinking of selling Collins, although his touches were kind of encouraging. Maybe try and target a decent WR2 
If I can get a solid receiver out of him, I do it.  I think this is the week Collins owners have waited for.  

In my main dynasty league:  I've got Gurley/Bell/Collins/Ito Smith at RB.  Got Bell round 1, Gurley round 2 last year.  Made a move to get Collins early this year.  I don't mean to brag about my RB's.  My point is, If I move Collins--I've got Bell who isn't playing, and Ito Smith who isn't blowing me away situationally.

WR wise--I've got Landry, John Brown, Boyd, Ridley, Keke Coutee.  

I think Value wise--it makes a ton of sense to try to turn Collins into someone like Cooks or Kupp.  Certainly if you can get someone better than that, it makes sense.  But team wise--I feel like the jump in WR production isn't as good as the drop off the cliff in RB production.   

Users who are viewing this thread