What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (1 Viewer)

Thinking of selling Collins, although his touches were kind of encouraging. Maybe try and target a decent WR2 
His schedule is pretty sweet after the bye. Cincy, Oak, Atl, KC, TB. Seems like a buy to me, especially if someone is selling a WR which they view as a sell high.

His schedule is pretty sweet after the bye. Cincy, Oak, Atl, KC, TB. Seems like a buy to me, especially if someone is selling a WR which they view as a sell high.
Yeah I really liked Collins before the season started and drafted him high, I still think he can turn it around so I will probably keep him. Ingram coming back just made him more expendable. My WR2 situation is pretty dire though. 

Thoughts on the Rams WR's?

1.  Kupp coming off concussion--gives nothing this week, knee injury.  He came back out, which lends itself to the idea that he's not done for the season.  Owner may overreact.

2.  Cooks.  Concussion, comes out and only gets 2 for 53.  

I figure most owners won't be selling, but worth a look.

is Cohen a sell high (to Howard owners especially), or a hold ?    (Kind of don't need him now since all my studs have had byes)
I think Cohen is a buy.  If someone thinks they're selling high, you've got a chance to leverage the situation in your favor.  I think Cohen has crept into RB2 range, and Howard is a bad flex at this point. 

Granted, if someone wants to give you Davante Adams or someone of that caliber for him, I'm jumping on it.  But, I think that Cohen is for real--especially in PPR/0.5 PPR.

I'm trying to buy Keenan Allen in two different leagues.  Hasn't scored a TD since Week 1, and the schedule isn't scary (TEN, BYE, SEA, OAK, DEN, ARI, PIT).  Allen owner is mulling over a Collins for Allen offer right now in one league...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of selling Collins, although his touches were kind of encouraging. Maybe try and target a decent WR2 
One thing in favor for Collins is his schedule after the Bye in week 10 - Cincy, Oakland, Atlanta, KC, TB, LA Chargers, Cleveland in week  17

So I'm encouraged by this week, and holding for now.  But if you do decide to sell, mention the schedule to the potential buyer.

Has anyone traded Brees?  Last year was his lowest yards/TDs totals ever in NO.  I'm sure some of it is variance, but my concern is that it has more to do with their potent running game especially with Ingram back now.

Brutal matchup next week @ Baltimore.  Following week @ Minnesota - possible he gets 4th quarter garbage points if Cousins throws well.  

I think now is his highest point with the bye week gone and before the toughest paper matchup of the year for him.

Has anyone traded Brees?  Last year was his lowest yards/TDs totals ever in NO.  I'm sure some of it is variance, but my concern is that it has more to do with their potent running game especially with Ingram back now.

Brutal matchup next week @ Baltimore.  Following week @ Minnesota - possible he gets 4th quarter garbage points if Cousins throws well.  

I think now is his highest point with the bye week gone and before the toughest paper matchup of the year for him.
I have been considering the same thing (@Balt is no party), but his playoff schedule is cream puff! (@TB, @Car, Pitt).....  Cam owner is looking to move Brady....  might be worth an effort.....

I grabbed Winston for bye week (vs Atl week 6 & vs Clev week 7) but might have to ride him until Brees's schedule softens or check the WW.... 

ETA: I noticed Flacco is on WW!  my target! 

So what kind of WR do you think Collins is worth now? I doubt you can get a WR1 and Id hate to trade him for "just" a WR2. I just hate trading RBs lol.

When would you ever start him with confidence?  He's not healthy and the Vikings have had plenty of success with Murray as the lead back in his absence.
I'd be picking him up as my rb2 in a start 2 rb ppr league.  I have Conner/Bell,  Dion as my other backs.  I was thinking down the road.

So what kind of WR do you think Collins is worth now? I doubt you can get a WR1 and Id hate to trade him for "just" a WR2. I just hate trading RBs lol.
RBs like Barber, Miller, Henry, Morris etc. are floating on many waiver wires.  Heck even some Howard owners sound ready to bail.  As a Collins owner, I wouldn't expect there's much interest.

Seems like you'd do better trying to sell one of the scatback types (Cohen, Breida, White) than the traditional 2 down big guy.

RBs like Barber, Miller, Henry, Morris etc. are floating on many waiver wires.  Heck even some Howard owners sound ready to bail.  As a Collins owner, I wouldn't expect there's much interest.

Seems like you'd do better trying to sell one of the scatback types (Cohen, Breida, White) than the traditional 2 down big guy.
I don't know about that. Barber is the only one of the ones you mentioned available in either of my leagues. Most teams are always desperate for a RB. I already got one hit from a team asking about Collins and he has WRs like Diggs, Hilton, Jeffery, Edelman, and J. Brown on his team.

I'd be picking him up as my rb2 in a start 2 rb ppr league.  I have Conner/Bell,  Dion as my other backs.  I was thinking down the road.
I think you would have better success streaming McCoy and Crowell than giving up both for an injury-plagued RB.  Cook is not going to be a bell cow whenever he gets healthy (if ever).

What do you consider deep rosters? There is no way in hell a guy like Jones ,MVS, Gabriel, Beathard, McKinnon should  be on the wire. You dropped qb's in a start 2 qb dynasty league? Something is off about this league or you left something out. I am in a 14 team dynasty league with 28 roster spots and superflex. Guys like Orleans Darkwa are on rosters incase they sign with a team that needs a rb.
THere are 10 teams.  I guess I left that part out.   I screwed up dropping Rosen and LJackson.  I underestimated other owners as they're mainly redraft guys. I thought I could grab them back up but they got scooped.   All of the names mentioned are still on WW/FA going into monday night Week 6.  I wonder who will get snagged.  Facing a bye week do you buy any of the guys low over current roster? My goal is for LongTerm  awesomeness.  

Making another run at Dalvin Cook to the 1-5 owner only 2 games out.  Trying Fuller and or Marvin Jones. Owner rarely trades unfortunately, let alone counters.

I gave up Lindsay, Meredith, and MVS to a rebuilding team for Gore, Westbrook, and Hunter Henry. Contract league.

Gore has an expiring contract, but gives me some depth for this year.  Henry will hopefully be healthy for the FF playoffs and I can keep him 2-3 more years.

(I'm considering this as selling high on Lindsay and MVS at least).  

Trying to buy WRs Gordon, Landry and RB Howard.

Selling RB Collins quickly while the stock is up, and WR Lockett.

Dalvin cook you sell on the optimism others might have that he'll actually develop into a decent NFL truth is more liokely that he is a complete bust. sell sell sell

rb, alex collins, sell. no volume , Allen steals carries. 

I'd consider Landry a hold at this point he's a a few bad games(3) in a row now..that's a trend , folks..he's getting 10 targets a game but it's meaningless if he doesnt grab more than 40% of those.Either he's bad at catching or Mayfield isnt very accurate.either way, he's a strong hold or sell to the highest bidder. has a lot of value in other people's minds. as an owner I'm bearish to the point of hibernation.sell sell sell

buying Chester Rogers, Frank Gore, OJ Howard ( yes he's available)

selling ( waiving) N. Hines, Jordan Reed ( non-productive 2018 season thus far, V. Davis is the TE you want in that offense, apparently) , Aaron Jones - pains me to say  it but 8-40 every stinkin week ins't going to cut it. You sell on the potential that he's going to wrestle that starting role and be a 15-20 carry/gm guy, and never look back.

speculative add is Peyton Barber

Dalvin cook you sell on the optimism others might have that he'll actually develop into a decent NFL truth is more likely that he is a complete bust. sell sell sell
Yeah ok.

It's been barely a year since an ACL tear, which used to be the minimum timeline for rehab. His hamstring injury possibly resulted from compensation. He's played one or two healthy games this season to go with 4 last season. When at full strength it's been a mixed bag, and that's if you don't give him a pass for his games this year. He was boss as a rookie.

So, not in the camp that he's a slam dunk stud having seen what we've seen in 2018. But come on, complete bust? Premature.

Just traded Tevin and Cooks to the guy who lost Freeman for Hopkins.  Seemed a little desperate but happy to unload Tevin because we've basically seen what he's been doing without Freeman there.  It's a RBBC regardless.  I'd try and sell high on Tevin.

Brutal matchup next week @ Baltimore. 
This might go against what everyone thinks, but I think Brees will rip up Baltimore.

This is going to be the last week. The Falcons are starting the hot dog vendor in the secondary. Eli is going to toss 4 TDs this week and Beckham is going to get 2 of them.
I agree with all of this. That said, the Eagles should have been a pretty easy matchup - just ask Tennessee. I own Beckham in dynasty, and there's no way I'll panic even if Atlanta contains him. But if Beckham doesn't do well vs. Atlanta, it does not bode well for the rest of the season.

Thinking I did this right....just swapped Lynch for Hilton in one league.  I needed the WR help, and the other team needed the RB.  Both have some injury concerns, but I saw Hilton as being on the way up and Lynch being on the way down.

No, I agree with you.  Even in redraft, I think I'd ride Michel at this point.  I'm just saying, I can see a world where a Michel/DJ trade happens.  I can see both owners liking that.  

I have a hard time seeing a David Johnson owner feeling excited about getting Thompson/Breida.  Even less so in dynasty.  
Ended up getting DJ for Thompson, Breida and Gabriel. I was pretty happy. Picked up Kirk to replace Gabriel as my WR5. 

In a short bench league I've been trying all week to turn Marvin Jones and/or Will Fuller into any RB I can use for next week's bye issues. No luck.  Thought I'd be able to use both to get K. Johnson from the guy with Barkley/McCoy and only WR's are Woods and Kupp.

This might seem crazy but is anyone worried about Gronk? The commitment to the run, lack of red zone usage (1-28 targets so far) and slight nagging ankle injury have me slightly concerned. 

Would you consider selling him for a package deal of Njoku and B. Cooks? 

In a short bench league I've been trying all week to turn Marvin Jones and/or Will Fuller into any RB I can use for next week's bye issues. No luck.  Thought I'd be able to use both to get K. Johnson from the guy with Barkley/McCoy and only WR's are Woods and Kupp.
I had a ton of WRs so I could afford to overpay if that's what I did. I needed some RB Depth behind my two starters (Gordon & CMC). I traded both Allen Robinson & Marvin Jones for Kenyan Drake & D'Onte Foreman. If this gives you a good gauge. I tried for others but ultimately this is what was going to work.

ZackBussiere said:
This might seem crazy but is anyone worried about Gronk? The commitment to the run, lack of red zone usage (1-28 targets so far) and slight nagging ankle injury have me slightly concerned. 

That's not a terrible trade. Are you thin at WR? As a Gronk owner, I'm thinking Josh Gordon's vertical threat means opposing Ds won't be able to commit two defenders to Gronk and that will open up the intermediate routes for him.

That's not a terrible trade. Are you thin at WR? As a Gronk owner, I'm thinking Josh Gordon's vertical threat means opposing Ds won't be able to commit two defenders to Gronk and that will open up the intermediate routes for him.
I am kind of thin. 

10 Team Standard Scoring - start 2RB - 2WR - 2Flex

RB - Zeke, Kerryon, C. Carson, Yeldon, Henry, Chubb

WR - AJG, Golladay, Sterling S, Godwin, Goodwin, Keke

I'm also playing against the owner of Njoku / Cooks this week, and for this week it increases my chances of winning to make that deal I think. 

ZackBussiere said:

I'm slightly concerned... as in, I'm thinking he'll be a top 3ish TE rest-of-year rather than the clear #1.

Trying to deal him for Kelce, who looks like this year's #1.

Users who are viewing this thread