What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (2 Viewers)

Who we BUYING or ADDING for those in short benches:

Alex Collins - safe floor continue? - Worried about Allen?

Powell?  Coin flip each week?

Carson?  Penny take over?

D Johnson - PPR only?

Ito Smith - PPR only?

Hines vs Mack? - cancel out?

Barber? Will Jones emerge?

Lamar Miller - Will Foreman come?

Aaron Jones - 3 way?

Richard/Doug Martin  - anything here?

BUYING 

D Johnson - PPR only?

Barber? Will Jones emerge?

Aaron Jones - 3 way?
I have been making small "inquiry offers" for these guys last 2 weeks.....  12 Team PPR Keeper (3) + Rookie Keeper bonus

DJ owner feels "he will still be Top 10" and wants value... no buy low happening (he wants Kamara, I just offered McCoy/Fuller to show him where I value DJ).  I think he will not see Top 15 ROS, but likely Top 25 in PPR.  I think he will have a good mid-season when they change some offensive schemes. Ex-OC Mike McCoy was not 100% to blame (ok, maybe 75%), but QB play has to improve to make anything work.  Not sure how long Rosen needs to get his feel for the game, but I would guess 2 more games (plus Bye) before DJ is worth starting...

Barber owner was in a bind due to Fournette injury & bye week so he just dropped him while my offer was on table!  I snatched him up free!  I don't see R Jones doing much, but I have him as a injury handcuff for now...but he is expendable. 

A Jones owner is dying this week (Bell/Connor/Fournette) and yet he still won't move him!   When AJones gets past bye and the weather gets colder, I think he will be primary RB.  He has the skill set but will McCarthy wake up to it?  ARodgers wants him there

Not so fast, Lee Corso lol - Chubb may end up outscoring DJ the ROS. I'd bet on it.
I have Chubb and DJ. Would have benched DJ if I knew about the trade. I will be very hesitant to start DJ going forward until I see improvement. Happy to have the option now with Chubb. I expect Duke to remain in a similar role he played before the trade.

I think Duke Johnson is a sneaky addition. For what it’s worth Evan Silva and Sigmund Bloom are retweeting from a well connected Browns blog that speculates that Duke Johnson “gets the majority of work Sunday”...Only speculation, but something to think about.

I think Duke Johnson is a sneaky addition. For what it’s worth Evan Silva and Sigmund Bloom are retweeting from a well connected Browns blog that speculates that Duke Johnson “gets the majority of work Sunday”...Only speculation, but something to think about.
Yet in Bloom's projections he has Duke rushing 6 times and catching 4 balls, while Chubb gets 16 carries. Majority of work? Me thinks Dorsey would like to show case their show pony and Hue better follow suit if he wants to keep coaching in CLE. Mayfield is in place. Njoku lined up. Landry catching balls. Duke returns to complimentary role and pass-catching 3rd down back. CLE essentially offs their salary with Hyde, picks up a 5th rounder, and they still have a dynamic backfield. Brilliant? We'll see... 

The Duck of Death is about to be unleashed for the first time and it's going to be so sweet. 

The Duck of Death is about to be unleashed for the first time and it's going to be so sweet. 
:lol:

Johnson getting more run is something I hadnt thought of, I'm asleep at the wheel this week

just added him and might start him at RB this week due to byes and overall crappiness of my roster

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what it would take to get him but McCaffery has the best closing schedule for a RB that I can see - @Cle, home vs NO & Atl in weeks 14-16.

I made this offer to the Dalvin Cook owner and got turned down.  PPR league.  The guy has 3 RB's total - Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry and Jordan Howard.  He's 2-4 and an underdog this week to the only 0-6 team.  So he really can't afford to lose this week.

I receive - Antonio Brown

I give - JuJu Smith-Schuster, Latavius Murray, Marlon Mack

I thought it was actually a good offer.  If I was him I think I would accept.  He'd be able to slide Cook into his IR spot so would only have to drop one player, most likely Derrick Henry (who is on bye next week anyway) or Dede Westbrook.  Oh well, c'est la vie.

themeistersinger said:
I made this offer to the Dalvin Cook owner and got turned down.  PPR league.  The guy has 3 RB's total - Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry and Jordan Howard.  He's 2-4 and an underdog this week to the only 0-6 team.  So he really can't afford to lose this week.

I receive - Antonio Brown

I give - JuJu Smith-Schuster, Latavius Murray, Marlon Mack

I thought it was actually a good offer.  If I was him I think I would accept.  He'd be able to slide Cook into his IR spot so would only have to drop one player, most likely Derrick Henry (who is on bye next week anyway) or Dede Westbrook.  Oh well, c'est la vie.
I agree its a solid offer, I mean why wouldn't he want murray? But it all depends on who he has to drop. 

For value check on Chubb in a short bench PPR league I just made this trade:

I give: Chubb + Edleman
I get: Bell + M. Thomas 

I have Conner on my roster, FWIW.

I'll try not to mention Kenyan Drake every week. But yesterday highlights how stupid Miami is:

Kenyan Drake: 6 carries, 72 yards, long of 54

Frank Gore: 10 carries, 29 yards, long of 6

Detroit might have finally grown a brain with Kerryon Johnson. Let's see if Miami does the same. 

What about Marlon Mack, if he's still out there.  He's looking healthy and his ROS schedule isn't too shabby.  Especially if Luck and his WRs remain healthy.

For value check on Chubb in a short bench PPR league I just made this trade:

I give: Chubb + Edleman
I get: Bell + M. Thomas 

I have Conner on my roster, FWIW.
Did you buy them the ? prior to this deal?  Man, and I get accused of pillaging others!

Getting both Bell & M Thomas?  That is great for you! 

I think Mostert is a buy. 
Mostert - 7 for 59, 4 catches for 19
Morris - 9 for 25, 0 catches
Breida - 5 for 15, 0 catches

Already shows they trust him more in the passing game, and maybe they'll realize that more rushing yards per attempt is better than less? 

love that all fantasy advice from experts has lamar miller as a "Sell high"  today... no kidding.... except that Lamar Miller owners know he's a sell high and any RB needy team knows Lamar Miller is not the answer to their lineup woes. You cant sell on a guy with an established track record of medocrity... not without a string of 2-3 great games.  sell high sell high... but if there are no buyers than you cant sell high can you?

love that all fantasy advice from experts has lamar miller as a "Sell high"  today... no kidding.... except that Lamar Miller owners know he's a sell high and any RB needy team knows Lamar Miller is not the answer to their lineup woes. You cant sell on a guy with an established track record of medocrity... not without a string of 2-3 great games.  sell high sell high... but if there are no buyers than you cant sell high can you?
He'll be a great sell-high after his next two games.

RB so mediocre this season, it might be safer to keep a guy like Lamar Miller or Jordan Howard. Bad as they are, most teams don't have the depth to trade away RBs.

RB so mediocre this season, it might be safer to keep a guy like Lamar Miller or Jordan Howard. Bad as they are, most teams don't have the depth to trade away RBs.
Miller (and Foreman) are my RB3 tandem, and I feel OK with that. Have Gordon and Ekeler, and Chubb and Duke Johnson (who I might cut and make room for a lottery ticket type in Penny). I'm feeling good about that group in a 12 team league.

Miller (and Foreman) are my RB3 tandem, and I feel OK with that. Have Gordon and Ekeler, and Chubb and Duke Johnson (who I might cut and make room for a lottery ticket type in Penny). I'm feeling good about that group in a 12 team league.
I had a conundrum in my 12 team, 16 roster spot dynasty league last week. Gronk a late addition to the inactive list, so I needed an emergency TE. My obvious choices to make room for free agent CJ Uzomah were Baltimore D, Corey Davis, or Jordan Howard. I've had Davis on my team since the beginning of last season, and I love the guy's talent. But I couldn't bring myself to drop Howard just because of the scarcity at RB so I was forced to drop Davis. 

RB so mediocre this season, it might be safer to keep a guy like Lamar Miller or Jordan Howard. Bad as they are, most teams don't have the depth to trade away RBs.
If you had to drop one, who would it be:  Mack, Lindsay, or Miller?  All three look like good holds, but only room for a RB3 and RB4.  I think Miller is the expendable one of the group.

So much for that tripe.

I’ve been holding Gurley, Mixon, Ingram, Conner, and Thompson all year 

nobody is offering $ for $ 

Users who are viewing this thread