What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (2 Viewers)

If you had to drop one, who would it be:  Mack, Lindsay, or Miller?  All three look like good holds, but only room for a RB3 and RB4.  I think Miller is the expendable one of the group.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree that Miller is the worst of that group. Mack perhaps the least talented of that group, but he's getting some nice room to run with Luck throwing 2,000 passes per game. 

You can't put a price on hope and prayers. Dangle guys and see what bites. Miller sucks, but he's back to getting guaranteed volume and Foreman isn't close to returning.15-18 carries and 2-3 receptions? Gotta take that.

Heck!  I have been shopping him!  

The best offer I had was Gordon for OBJ & Freeman week 4 (I declined)

Currently shopping Hyde and Golladay (or Edelman if he wants him) to the Fournette owner for JuJu. 

It's not exactly a buy low sell high, in fact, it's a mixed bag of the exact opposite other than Edelman, but hey, this thread confused me.  

eta* I should add that this guy isn't exactly trotting out wonders at RB with Fournette down.  

Last edited by a moderator:
What WR's would you be willing to sell OBJ for.  Also has a bye Week 9.
Adams and Thielen would be for sure off the top of my head.  (Though, the undefeated team in our league has both of them)...and Antonio Brown.

After that...Julio would be a maybe (though, I own Ridley).  I think he and Julio are similar but trust Ryan a bit more than Eli right now....even saying that, the more I think of it, OBJ has the higher ceiling there so Id stick with him.

Really. That's odd. Even with the hammy and the personal conduct risk? 

I would do that in a minute.  
You wouldnt trade OBJ for a top 3 RB in Melvin Gordon? Is that the Gordon we are talking about here?

Adams and Thielen would be for sure off the top of my head.  (Though, the undefeated team in our league has both of them)...and Antonio Brown.

After that...Julio would be a maybe (though, I own Ridley).  I think he and Julio are similar but trust Ryan a bit more than Eli right now....even saying that, the more I think of it, OBJ has the higher ceiling there so Id stick with him.
I own Thielen, I'm not sure I'd do it for Adams.  Antonio I would, not even sure on MT.

You wouldnt trade OBJ for a top 3 RB in Melvin Gordon? Is that the Gordon we are talking about here?
Yes, I would. Wrong Gordon. I thought that sounded like an awful deal, actually. Yours makes way more sense. Thanks, shady. Did you get your seventeen from Barkley last night? 

Amazes me how often M Thomas gets overlooked. He is #7 in PPR WITH a bye week already thrown in.

Schedule after the next two weeks is really good as well.

@ Vikings

vs Rams

@ Bengals

vs Eagles

vs Falcons

@ Cowboys

@ Bucs

@ Panthers

vs Steelers

Combine that with a great QB and the fact they are playing for something (Giants are not playing for anything) and I'll take Thomas over OBJ any day.

OBJ's playoff schedule is rough too.

@ Washington - TEN - @ IND (if you can make it to 16)

It's tough to figure out who to buy this week. I love to trade. It's a 12 team short bench league (4 bench spots) All consisted of Rivers, MG3, Ekeler, and K. Allen.

I'd sell OBJ and Chubb given the chance.  I know the Kamara owner is shopping Kamara but not sure if he's an buy.

I wouldn't trade him for other WRs. If the Gurley or Kamara owner lost his mind I would trade him in a heartbeat.
Interesting, even in a league where you only need to start 1RB?  Bonus for 50+ yard TD's

I have Melvin Gordon and was thinking of offering Chubb/Allen for Kamara but wasn't sure on my part.

I prefer my players to be in domes' but outside of that I'm not sure.
Yeah, always better for climate control than not. I almost lost a final and did lose a playoff game because of quarterbacks and feet of snow. It's supposed to be only wind, but man, Nick Foles the year he was doing everything got dumped on and all they did was slog the ball and run. No bueno.

And the infamous Kaepernick Wk16 game in Chicago when he scored 2.5 points standard. Sat him right at the last second.  

Amazes me how often M Thomas gets overlooked. He is #7 in PPR WITH a bye week already thrown in.

Schedule after the next two weeks is really good as well.

@ Vikings

vs Rams

@ Bengals

vs Eagles

vs Falcons

@ Cowboys

@ Bucs

@ Panthers

vs Steelers

Combine that with a great QB and the fact they are playing for something (Giants are not playing for anything) and I'll take Thomas over OBJ any day.
this IMO. I just offered the owner OBJ and Mark Ingram for Thomas. I will throw the same offer out to the Tyreek owner, but those were the 2 guys I'd like.

Was offered:

Kamara/Landry for Thielen/Chubb/K.Allen -

Not a terrible offer but rather have

MG3/Thielen/OBJ/K. Allen  than MG3/Kamara/OBJ/Landry

PPR bonus for 50+

Doubt youd get Gordon for OBJ now
Maybe....  but he also wanted R Freeman (who is under Rookie Contract) He is a diehard NYG Fan.  Since OBJ won me our H2H matchup last night, he is asking again what I want for OBJ. 

He is in need of WR help (R Woods, T Boyd, Geranimo, Ryan Grant & Jordy Nelson).  I have OBJ, Cooks, John Brown, Fuller & Sanders plus K Cole & TreQuan Smith riding the pine.   PPR Keeper league where we play 2 RB/3 WR + 2 Flex so I like to start 5 WR most weeks.  Rookies are also allowed to be held as separate Keeper for 4 years adding to their value.  I lost Ajayi but still have Kamara so I am looking for RB2 upgrade (McCoy /R Freeman/R Jones platoon)

I am not sure what I would take for OBJ & R Freeman together (due to our league Rookie keeper value).  I believe in OBJ so I am not giving him away.... shopping, yes, not gift giving. 

He has Zeke, Gordon, Mixon & Lindsay and he is 2 games behind me in standings & right behind me in total points (I am 1st in both).  I guess that I see but M Gordon as RRBC and they have only played 1 Top 10 defense (LAR - 15 pts).  Maybe I was too hung up on the Week 16 game vs Balt (our championship game)

ETA: would it be ethical for me to offer OBJ for M Gordon after Week 8 ? 

LAC on Bye week 8 & NYG on Bye Week 9.  I play him again Week 12

That's not bad, but Allen should rebound pretty quickly.
Exactly - So I think I'd counter Allen/Chubb for Kamara and doubt he bites.

Also has JuJu, but he'll want Thielen. I just don't trust Kamara around the goalline.  They love the gimmicky Hill sweeps.

Anyone nibbling at D. Cook?

I could see them keeping him out until after the week 10 bye, but then after that has decent matchups down the stretch.

Would think Cook owners are wondering if he'll ever be healthy.

Was thinking of offering a healthy body at RB for him. Like, J. Howard or A. Collins. 

Anyone nibbling at D. Cook?

I could see them keeping him out until after the week 10 bye, but then after that has decent matchups down the stretch.

Would think Cook owners are wondering if he'll ever be healthy.

Was thinking of offering a healthy body at RB for him. Like, J. Howard or A. Collins. 
I've tried for a month every week, owner rejects it after it sits for a couple of days.  Owner rarely trades though.  He's got 1 win and won't deal him.

I've tried for a month every week, owner rejects it after it sits for a couple of days.  Owner rarely trades though.  He's got 1 win and won't deal him.
Same with my league. Guy has two wins and won't trade cook and he is hurting at many other positions. I've even tried what I feel is overpaying because I had depth at a certain position. And this guy doesn't have Murray either.

Users who are viewing this thread