What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Buy Low/ Sell High (Week 14-16) PLAYOFF targets (1 Viewer)

I'm having a hard time gauging Kamara.  The gimmicky Hill stuff at the goal line, Ingram back, and if they keep winning they'll probably limit the touches down the stretch.

I have an owner that really wants OBJ and Chubb - He has Kamara and Landry available.

Only start 1RB, 1WR and 2 flex.  (Gordon, Thielen, OBJ, K. Allen) is my lineup normally.  

I guess it's hard to figure out in PPR if Kamara will still beast it and if OBJ will fade with the NYG tank.

Also get 5 points bonus for 50 yard TD's and OBJ could explode

I've got Cohen, Chubb, McCoy and John Brown that I'm willing to trade off in a 2 for 1 deal for a top RB or WR.  Thinking of offering Chubb and J. Brown for Julio.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a hard time gauging Kamara.  The gimmicky Hill stuff at the goal line, Ingram back, and if they keep winning they'll probably limit the touches down the stretch.

I have an owner that really wants OBJ and Chubb - He has Kamara and Landry available.

Only start 1RB, 1WR and 2 flex.  (Gordon, Thielen, OBJ, K. Allen) is my lineup normally.  

I guess it's hard to figure out in PPR if Kamara will still beast it and if OBJ will fade with the NYG tank.

Also get 5 points bonus for 50 yard TD's and OBJ could explode
I have Kamara in a keeper league (9th round value this year, 6th round next year, 3rd in his final year) that I wouldve never considered trading a few weeks ago but at 7-0 and a lower volume Kamara I am now considering trading him to a rebuilding team for a non-keeper RB/WR combo (like Zeke/Hill). Obviously a lopsided trade in my favor to win it all this year.

I have Kamara in a keeper league (9th round value this year, 6th round next year, 3rd in his final year) that I wouldve never considered trading a few weeks ago but at 7-0 and a lower volume Kamara I am now considering trading him to a rebuilding team for a non-keeper RB/WR combo (like Zeke/Hill). Obviously a lopsided trade in my favor to win it all this year.
I would, it seems like he'll have some big games but I'm not feeling good with all the Hill goalline stuff and Ingram. It seems like the carries will still be there but the catches will go down as Ingram can catch.

Elevencents said:
I’d take that in a heartbeat (The OBJ side). And I’m a M Thomas and OBJ owner. 
owner didn't want it. received a counter offer from the tyreek owner of obj and david johnson for breida, josh gordon and tyreek.

I get the feeling that Keenan Allen owners are sick of everyone down to the ball boy catching TDs, except for Keenan Allen. 

Plus it’s a BYE week, which shouldn’t matter, yet somehow adds to the impression that an underperforming player is dead weight since he’s not even in the lineup.

i also get the feeling that Allen has a big 2nd half in him. He’s due. 

I could be wrong about that, but IMO now is a great time to buy low on Keenan Allen.

I get the feeling that Keenan Allen owners are sick of everyone down to the ball boy catching TDs, except for Keenan Allen. 

Plus it’s a BYE week, which shouldn’t matter, yet somehow adds to the impression that an underperforming player is dead weight since he’s not even in the lineup.

I could be wrong about that, but IMO now is a great time to buy low on Keenan Allen.
I think the consensus of experts would agree.

I was efforting last week, owner told me he was still a top 15 WR and needed a top 20 RB in return.  

hard pass for now 

chad in Indy said:
Anybody else buying Russell Wilson?  I just traded Lamar Miller for him in a redraft 12 team standard scoring league. 
He was on our waivers this AM so I dropped Stafford for him.  I dont really trust Seattle but his playoff schedule looks enticing at this point.

chad in Indy said:
Anybody else buying Russell Wilson?  I just traded Lamar Miller for him in a redraft 12 team standard scoring league. 
I just received Wilson as part of a bigger trade. I think a rebound is likely. He's been a top 10 (often top 5) QB his whole career.

Trying to get a gauge on Ingram. After his two TD game against WAS I received a ton of offers. (I have Ingram in 3 leagues, Ingram and Kamara in 1 league). Part of me wants to role with Ingram and another part says part high, but the part high passed last week in the stinker. Ingram's current value looks to be around a low end round 2 redraft in a 12 team league, which means in line with Mixon, J White, Julio, Adams, D Johnson, Jeffery, Chubb, Kelce, or even a frustrated M Thomas owner? Delvin Cook keeps falling... 

I guess the question is who would I rather own and what does my team need? Another RB, WR, or TE?

Is this where you see Ingram - or higher or lower? The last game he seems lower?

Trying to get a gauge on Ingram. After his two TD game against WAS I received a ton of offers. (I have Ingram in 3 leagues, Ingram and Kamara in 1 league). Part of me wants to role with Ingram and another part says part high, but the part high passed last week in the stinker. Ingram's current value looks to be around a low end round 2 redraft in a 12 team league, which means in line with Mixon, J White, Julio, Adams, D Johnson, Jeffery, Chubb, Kelce, or even a frustrated M Thomas owner? Delvin Cook keeps falling... 

I guess the question is who would I rather own and what does my team need? Another RB, WR, or TE?

Is this where you see Ingram - or higher or lower? The last game he seems lower?
Id take every single guy you listed over Ingram except Cook. He will be hit or miss. This is how he was in the second half last year as well. 20 pt games followed by single digit games.

chad in Indy said:
Just sent an offer for him:  Luck, Latavius, Agholor for Wilson, M Thomas, D Lewis.  I'm stuck at QB as I have both Luck and Wentz with the week 9 bye and need to win to stay in the playoff race.  In our scoring format the trade is dead even on YTD points.  (Yes, I realize the Wilson bye week factors into this.)

Ingram is below all the players you listed for me, except Cook, and it's not really close on many of them.  Kelce, really?  Even if I owned Ertz, I would want way better than Ingram.  Julio or Thomas?  Come on now.  Julio is WR9, and that's with no TD's.  And guess who is WR10?  Frustrated is one thing, crazy is another.

This is a classic case of an owner overvaluing their player.  To me, an equivalent RB would be someone like Tevin Coleman or Carlos Hyde.

Ingram is below all the players you listed for me, except Cook, and it's not really close on many of them.  Kelce, really?  Even if I owned Ertz, I would want way better than Ingram.  Julio or Thomas?  Come on now.  Julio is WR9, and that's with no TD's.  And guess who is WR10?  Frustrated is one thing, crazy is another.

This is a classic case of an owner overvaluing their player.  To me, an equivalent RB would be someone like Tevin Coleman or Carlos Hyde.
Wow! You could be right? Footballguys in their 200 forward R/W/T see it differently - that is what I am going off of.

Coleman and Hyde?  That's crazy talk.  Ingram was RB8 last year in standard, in the same offense with the same coach and same teammates.

FBG top 200 has Ingram at 26, Coleman 68, Hyde 150.  Ertz 41, Kelce 25.

So Kelce for Ingram is about spot on.

davearm said:
Coleman and Hyde?  That's crazy talk.  Ingram was RB8 last year in standard, in the same offense with the same coach and same teammates.

FBG top 200 has Ingram at 26, Coleman 68, Hyde 150.  Ertz 41, Kelce 25.

So Kelce for Ingram is about spot on.
FBG is wrong then, simple as that.  I could see a scenario where I would trade away Kelce for Ingram.  It would have to be a 32-team league with 20 rosters spots, and I would have to have a RB corps of Derrius Guice, Jerick McKinnon, Marshawn Lynch, Bilal Powell, and Jeremy Hill.  Oh, and my TE2 would have to be Ertz.

Right now I would say that Ingram has potentially a big swing in his performance fantasy points from here on out. I kinda lean 26 top R/W/T would be great. Most likely in the 40's to low 50's? If by chance he ends up top 25, then he pays out. I'd take top 35 and keep him. If he's gonna be 40 + trade him now.

Right now I would say that Ingram has potentially a big swing in his performance fantasy points from here on out. I kinda lean 26 top R/W/T would be great. Most likely in the 40's to low 50's? If by chance he ends up top 25, then he pays out. I'd take top 35 and keep him. If he's gonna be 40 + trade him now.
I love Ingram rest of season. This week, not so much. Might be a great buy low opportunity Monday.

Team Smokin' said:

I wouldn’t trade a single guy you listed for Ingram. Michael Thomas is WR9, that doesn’t illicit a lot of frustration for me. Just sayin. 

Any thoughts on Courtland Sutton?  How likely is it that Demaryius Thomas or Sanders gets traded?  Does the Chad Kelly debacle put the kibosh on that idea?

themeistersinger said:
Any thoughts on Courtland Sutton?  How likely is it that Demaryius Thomas or Sanders gets traded?  Does the Chad Kelly debacle put the kibosh on that idea?
Thomas seems like one of the most likely trade target candidates in the league.  Sanders and Sutton have both ran circles around him.  Thomas makes way too much given his production and is an unrestricted free agent next year.  I doubt they'd get more than a 4th in 2020 for a compensation pick for letting him walk (assuming he can get a decent contract in free agency) so it's a no brainer if someone offers a 4th rounder for the 2019 draft. They're not winning anything this year with Case Keenum.

Why would a backup QB impact trading an aging WR?

Benjamin may be moved.  Texans lost Fuller, Texans current GM was Bills VP of player personnel last year that helped acquire him. Put Benjamin in the slot or outside with Keke in the slot.

On that same thread of HOU WR need.... 

Dem Thomas has $14M next year and Denver will not get anybody to absorb that $$ and a pick.  He will be released or sign new deal 2019.

I would like to see K Cole go to Hou (not that I have heard or seen anything to indicate this)... just my view.   He is being waster in Jax until they get a real QB... Cole has 2 years left at  < $600K

What about NEP Chris Hogan?  He is in last year of deal ($3M in 2018; RFA 2019) Bellick loves to unload players so he does not resign them and gets picks....  Just thinking out loud....

Not sure if this is a Buy Low or a WW pickup, but Oak WR Seth Roberts now with A Cooper in Dallas...

He has 13 targets in last 2 games (9 for 72) and he is somebody who Carr already has a relationship with (unlike Nelson & Bryant).

FWIW - Bryant has 6 targets & 7 for Nelson these same last 2 games...

Not sure if this is a Buy Low or a WW pickup, but Oak WR Seth Roberts now with A Cooper in Dallas...

He has 13 targets in last 2 games (9 for 72) and he is somebody who Carr already has a relationship with (unlike Nelson & Bryant).

FWIW - Bryant has 6 targets & 7 these same last 2 games...
His average depth of target is extremely low, too.  This fits nicely with the short stuff Carr has been surviving on all year.

Has anyone traded Brees?  Last year was his lowest yards/TDs totals ever in NO.  I'm sure some of it is variance, but my concern is that it has more to do with their potent running game especially with Ingram back now.

Brutal matchup next week @ Baltimore.  Following week @ Minnesota - possible he gets 4th quarter garbage points if Cousins throws well.  

I think now is his highest point with the bye week gone and before the toughest paper matchup of the year for him.
:oldunsure:

Time to also start looking towards the fantasy playoffs, generally Weeks 14-16 depending on your settings.
Funchess IMO is an excellent buy low right now if you are in the market for a WR3ish flex option. he's coming off a bad game against ravens.... but his fantasy playoff schedule is decent: browns, saints, falcons

Sell:  Mack

value will never be higher

still has a bye, two games with Jax and one vs TN between now and week 13.
JAX run d has been bad. they are a 3-5 team. would defnitely be interested in hearing what kind of offers people are getting for mack. guy's was stashed in my IR slot for the first 7 weeks so im inclined to see where it goes vs. selling high

Funchess IMO is an excellent buy low right now if you are in the market for a WR3ish flex option. he's coming off a bad game against ravens.... but his fantasy playoff schedule is decent: browns, saints, falcons
I was thinking Rookie DJ Moore was a Panther WR to target... rising targets, soft schedule, etc

Users who are viewing this thread