What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** RAVENS @ BENGALS *** Thursday night football....... (1 Viewer)

H I agree. I’m looking at silver linings here. 

some weeks will be Collins,

some will be Allen.

this week was Allen 
Not trying to aggressively argue with you but I wouldn’t want my RB 2 to be a dart throw every week. I say that but let’s all just be honest in saying RB is kind of a random position in general. Collins has some talent. I would say exceedingly more than Allen. Harbaugh or Moronwhig don’t trust him in a full 3-down, Bell cow capacity. It hurts extra the way in which Allen is being used over him fantasy wise (targets, goal line, 2 minute/catch up offense). He needs long TD’s to have top weeks and those make him even less trustworthy week to week. I think he could be a good buy low though as a RB3/emergency guy. Would not want as my every week starter which is what he was drafted for.

Harbaugh rightfully feeling much shame for his team’s performance and for that shameful play calling and strategic sequence 

What morons they only chance Baltimore had was to kick a FG there so if they got onside kick they could throw a hail mary when they had 25 seconds left instead they run out the clock on short passes.  I can't believe how stupid that was you always kick the FG down 2 scores to get it to 1 score and hope u get onside kick then a couple hail mary's.

If they are losing too bad then Collins won't play much but if they are winning too much.....well then Collins won't play much.  Not encouraging as a guy who has Collins in two leagues. :bag:

-QG
Same for me here, how I watched this game Collins is nowhere near the starting back on this team, he didn't play in one snap in the 4 quarter, and prob half of the third.  This guy wont be starting on my team until he gets more then 10 carries a game.

Just throwing this out there....L. Jackson on the sideline before game is over goes over to a teammate in a purple shirt and says something...dude in purple shirt goes “back up back up cause its on” which is a verse from the Warren G song Regulators....I only say it because Ravens don’t play for 10 days and it appears like Jackson is ready to get his party on before this game is even over....I have no idea what Jackson said, but he approached that guy like he was ready to be done with the night....just an observation, but something I know I filed away as far as my assessment of Jackson moving forward....for those with DVR it was right as they came back after two minute warning

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly Alex Collins is the better back, I don't understand people pimping Buck Allen on here. Collins should have gotten more chances. 

Collins is absolutely a better runner than Allen... but, Allen is a better football player than Collins.

And, this is coming from a guy who loved and followed Collins all last year routing for him every week.

As the rookie backup QB I guess I want Jackson to be in the head coaches or OC back pocket all the way through the end of the game soaking up whatever he can....calling it now...Jackson out of league in 3 years....just IMO...

Collins is absolutely a better runner than Allen... but, Allen is a better football player than Collins.

And, this is coming from a guy who loved and followed Collins all last year routing for him every week.
Which one of Collins 9 carries shows that he is a better running back, lol.  I look at offensive plays and Collins was nowhere near the starter it had to be 75 pecent Buck to 25 percent Collins.  And even that might be a lot for Collins.  Just very upsetting to see a good running back be wasted on this team, 15 carries in two games, thats just awful

Just throwing this out there....L. Jackson on the sideline before game is over goes over to a teammate in a purple shirt and says something...dude in purple shirt goes “back up back up cause its on” which is a verse from the Warren G song Regulators....I only say it because Ravens don’t play for 10 days and it appears like Jackson is ready to get his party on before this game is even over....I have no idea what Jackson said, but he approached that guy like he was ready to be done with the night....just an observation, but something I know I filed away as far as my assessment of Jackson moving forward....for those with DVR it was right as they came back after two minute warning
Yeah, I noticed throughout the game he didn't seem to be that interested but rather joking around with teammates not really caring about the outcome of the game. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Yeah, I noticed throughout the game he didn't seem to be that interested but rather joking around with teammates not really caring about the outcome of the game. Maybe I'm wrong. 
You’re not....I feel sorry for BAL fans at this point who think this guy is the future replacement for Flacco and your first round franchise QB moving forward....this guy is one play away from being THE guy for one of 32 jobs in the world and he is more worried about whats going on after the game instead of ready to go in the game.....good luck with this dude....calling it now....bust...and I will come eat crow if I am wrong....

Not trying to aggressively argue with you but I wouldn’t want my RB 2 to be a dart throw every week. I say that but let’s all just be honest in saying RB is kind of a random position in general. Collins has some talent. I would say exceedingly more than Allen. Harbaugh or Moronwhig don’t trust him in a full 3-down, Bell cow capacity. It hurts extra the way in which Allen is being used over him fantasy wise (targets, goal line, 2 minute/catch up offense). He needs long TD’s to have top weeks and those make him even less trustworthy week to week. I think he could be a good buy low though as a RB3/emergency guy. Would not want as my every week starter which is what he was drafted for.
Sometimes when you go WR heavy, that’s the price you pay. 

His floor so far has been 8-12.

he’ll have some 15-25 weeks as well, I’m sure.

he level of panic around here, I swear sometimes y’all haven’t played FFB before. 

he level of panic around here, I swear sometimes y’all haven’t played FFB before. 
Not panic...just frustration....how many times does the guy have to prove himself?

I get what you're saying. I have no league where I’m in this boat. I actually didn’t like Collins where he was at for seeming like a two down grinder whose talent I wasn’t really agreeing with everyone on. After coming across his breakaway runs from last year and having watched him play he’s changed my mind a lot on his talent level. His efficiency is really great when he has the opportunity. I just have zero faith in Harbaugh at this point. This is not different from last year. If this was a rookie in week 2 showing this skill, I’d be with you. But there is about a seasons worth of info that says Allen is a permanent vulture as long as he is healthy. 

Browns need a win this week to pull ahead of the Ravens (and their #1 defense) in the standings.

CJ Mosely loss will be huge. If it's a knee, I'd guess meniscus the way it happened. 

Warm G sounds kind of gross
Yes it does. but I believe it's W a r r n (like a cool way to spell Warren)

But I'm old so I've only heard that song dozens of times "Regulators .... mount up!"

And pretty sure the name of the song is "Regulate" not Regulators.

... and what you yoots don't know is the beat was stolen from a pasty white dude, Michael McDonald, 

Keep Fogettin

Lamar Jackson looked like a fool last night.  Seemed more interested in showing off for his buddies than showing up for his coaches.

Also, on that last drive Baltimore needed to either throw to the end zone or kick a field goal.  At any point.  They didn't even attempt to do either.

Flacco needs to play within himself more...there were times when he tried to make plays that had no chance which resulted in turnovers...a sack keeps you in the game...a turnover is very difficult to overcome...

Users who are viewing this thread