What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2: I'm SITTING Larry Fitzgerald for ____________. (1 Viewer)

Kenny Golladay

Fitzgerald had only one away game with double digit FPs last season (0.5 PPR).  This week is an away game.

Ironically perhaps I just traded him away as part of a trade that included the Rams D.  But if I had not I would still start him this week.  If Bradford has any time to throw he's going to be looking to Larry double digit times.  Larry should be able avoid Peters and Talib from the slot.

Week 2: I'm SITTING Larry Fitzgerald for Golladay

The Rams relinquished five catches for 43 yards to all of Oakland's receivers, so they're a troubling matchup for Fitzgerald. He could quell some of those concerns by avoiding Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib from the slot, but the usually reliable veteran could be in store for a rare off day.

Golladay surpassed 100 yards in Week 1, and while he can't be expected to lead the team each week, the Lions clearly have a sizeable role carved out for their number 3 receiver this year. He can be started against sub-par defenses like the 49ers this weekend.

- FantasyPros

Week 2: I'm SITTING Larry Fitzgerald for Golladay

The Rams relinquished five catches for 43 yards to all of Oakland's receivers, so they're a troubling matchup for Fitzgerald. He could quell some of those concerns by avoiding Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib from the slot, but the usually reliable veteran could be in store for a rare off day.

Golladay surpassed 100 yards in Week 1, and while he can't be expected to lead the team each week, the Lions clearly have a sizeable role carved out for their number 3 receiver this year. He can be started against sub-par defenses like the 49ers this weekend.

- FantasyPros
Tempted to sit Fitz for Golladay as well.

Last year @LAR Fitz had a measly 3 catches for 20 something odd yards. 

Gotta think LAR are going to dominate TOP in this game limiting AZ opportunities. 

DJ and Fitz should get targets but the ceiling for both has to be low here. Could squeak out  another 7-70, but could also produce stats at the floor.

SF/DET looks to have shootout written all over it. Stafford bounce back, no running game. Golladay floor seems similar to Fitz but  his ceiling could be huge.

Feels like we're getting cute here, but the above has me leaning towards Golladay.

Cause arz is gonna get smoked and not do much on offense.  They looked like the worst offense in football last week
You mean last week as in the game where Fitz put up 7/76?

My only alternative is Godwin, but I wouldn't be sitting him regardless. 

Yeah I mean he's not an auto sit by any means.  I am sitting him for sanders.
That's fair. I'm starting him alongside Sanders and Tyreek. And obviously I'd prefer a better matchup.

Here's the part I don't get about people freaking out about this week to the point where they're sitting him for Corey Freakin Davis: You presumably drafted Fitz as your WR2/flex based on the rationale that he and DJ were the two usable options in what would otherwise be a horrible offense. What part of that exact scenario playing out in Week 1 is causing you to abandon that plan?

Non PPR I'm thinking switching him for Adams. I know he will probably get Rhodes covering him and a gimpy Rodgers does scare me but Bradford was all kinds of awful last week. PPR I might consider Fitzgerald.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread