What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is It Fair To Implement This Rule Immediately? (1 Viewer)

Is It Fair To Implement This Rule Immediately?

• Total voters

the lone star

Footballguy
In one of my dynasty leagues, we have been able to place players on IR and keep them there, even if the player returns from injury. We've done this for a few years now, and there have been no formal rule changes. Furthermore, a new rule that was disclose told us that we could activate a player returning from injury "if we want."

However, this is not what the commissioner intended. He actually wanted all players returning from injury to be automatically activated and promoted to the active roster. He says that this rule was something he and the co-commish discussed, but never disclosed to the group, or disclosed incorrectly.

He's saying that he will use his power as commish to unilaterally activate such players, and that if a team has to cut someone from the roster to make such a change, then he will either force them to cut someone, or cut the player that needs to be activated.

What do you think of this? Is it fair for the commish to implement this rule immediately, or should have have to wait since he and the co-commish kinda messed up on how it was disclosed. Again, some players have already been placed on IR due to injuries that have occurred during the off-season and regular season.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

For that, I'd allow it. Keeping active players, that are not even hurt, on IR is bs.
Not if it's already in the rules. 

I have one league where you can only put "Out" guys on IR, but have to wait at least 4 weeks to bring them back up, regardless of status.  Bringing them up is also optional.  (I think this got put in when the NFL introduced the IR/return designation.) 

We can agree it isn't the best rule, but because it is in the rule book and everyone went into the season knowing the rule, I don't see that it should change unexpectedly. 

It’s his mistake, he should live with the rules the way they are

teams have probably already make transactions and planned their future moves based on the written rules....

commish needs to pound sand

Fantasy leagues should never change rules in midseason ever, without a unanimous vote from the ownership.
i wouldn't say never, but almost never.  if a rule would not actually impact strategy or any previous results, I think it could be ok.  In this case, I would definitely not implement mid-season.  

Backstory?
Weird you missed it.  But yes, anytime he got in a disagreement with his commish, he'd rush in here and start a Shark Pool topic on it and word it in a completely one sided way.  Some of them were about things done years ago in leagues. 

Pretty sure he just sends the links to the league if they support his agenda, and ignores it and starts a new thread if it doesn't. 

C'mon lone star, fight your own battles elsewhere, we all thought you learned from the last ones.

While I agree with the general sentiment re. Rule changes, I would have a tough time arguing against this one. It’s barely week 2, and night body can come off IR for man weeks yet. It’s a no-brained rule to boot. Irritation might be warranted but not outrage. I need a third voting option here but lacking it I’m voting allow it

He's doing the same thing on another FF site. Gets into a #####slap contest with his commish and comes running to the forums to post a poll. Is there a way to shadow ban his posts or is ignore poster the only option?

On the other site his polls are getting locked, but I find it humorous that the last poll was along the lines of is it fair for a commish to unilaterally remove someone from a league? I'm thinking he got booted from his league probably for being a royal pain in the back.

He's relentless. If his polls are any indication he must have made the league miserable.

I think you should join a league that doesn't take magic football so seriously.
Or maybe one that takes it more seriously. Write some rules and stick to them. I would separate from this commissioner though. To much drama. Unless lonestar likes drama........that would be my bet.

voiceofunreason said:
He posted questions like this almost daily a couple of months ago. It wasn't pretty. If you hate the commish that much quit and move on. But no there'd be a new story the next day.
Even this one was bastardized from one done in the summer... Pure BS.

renesauz said:
While I agree with the general sentiment re. Rule changes, I would have a tough time arguing against this one. It’s barely week 2, and night body can come off IR for man weeks yet. It’s a no-brained rule to boot. Irritation might be warranted but not outrage. I need a third voting option here but lacking it I’m voting allow it
I am assuming that it is not a 1 to 1 with the nfl ir rule, but more of the usual fantasy rule where you can put a player with an out designation into an ir slot.

didn't bother reading the op, my guess is the op is not about current events

let the past go, quit posting the same thing everywhere

Seems like a clarification of a poorly written rule.   But the best thing to do is kick and scream about how this negatively impacts your team and demand compensation. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you spent as much time researching players as you do trying to find loopholes in the ruleset or complaining about past sleights you’d probably be decent at it. 

Users who are viewing this thread