What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel week 3 (1 Viewer)

Wasn’t real excited as the day went on yesterday but managed to come out ahead a couple bucks along with some sun-mon lineups that I went Detroit-pit heavy that are looking decent. No Ridley anywhere- I had a card where I got kamara/gurley that rolled Boyd and Lockett as cheap WRs that won. 

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW every week I seem to hit on cheap WRs- over the first 3 weeks I’ve had Allison, golladay, Lockett, Boyd, Stills, agholor. No Ridley or Jordy this week, but I seem to find a td from sub $6000 WRs every week. And I’m not really cherry picking out of a ton of lineups, although I miss on some as well. I just never seem to pick the right expensive guys. 

FWIW every week I seem to hit on cheap WRs- over the first 3 weeks I’ve had Allison, golladay, Lockett, Boyd, Stills, agholor. No Ridley or Jordy this week, but I seem to find a td from sub $6000 WRs every week. And I’m not really cherry picking out of a ton of lineups, although I miss on some as well. I just never seem to pick the right expensive guys. 
It's that cheap must play RB that has prevented me from really hitting large.

I got a little lucky on Ridley.  He looked really good last week vs. Carolina which is my home team.  The jump from the previous week's game which I also which in it's entirety was impressive.  Game script v. NO stood out, especially with all the Atlanta injuries.  

I had a good bit of Bernard, but almost every Ridley lineup I handcuffed with Murray.

I'd love to hear about the cash cuts from those who played.  I'm still playing gpps like cash games for the most part.  The Sunday million cashed at 124.84.  The quarter hail mary at 124.  125.66 for another smaller gpp.

I'd love to hear about the cash cuts from those who played.  I'm still playing gpps like cash games for the most part.  The Sunday million cashed at 124.84.  The quarter hail mary at 124.  125.66 for another smaller gpp.
Played a lot of the large single entry $2 double ups, where the cash lines were between 117-122.

cashed 2$2 50/50 with 144+, cutlines were 119+ and 121+. 20man and gpps were a bust so $8 in and $7.20 out. Did cash for $8.40 on $6 in PGA so up a couple bucks for the weekend oveall.

cashed 2$2 50/50 with 144+, cutlines were 119+ and 121+. 20man and gpps were a bust so $8 in and $7.20 out. Did cash for $8.40 on $6 in PGA so up a couple bucks for the weekend oveall.
You seem to be doing well at this dfs stuff.  Why aren't you upping your ante a bit to play on your strengths?

Seems like the gpp cutlines were about 5 points more than the cash games.  Seems like gpp is the way to go until that changes.

Looked to be 110-118 for me in $5’s and $10’s. Cashed in all my double ups this weekend with a steady dose of Brees or Newton paired with Kamara, McCaffrey, Allison and Kelce. I lucked out because I had Murray in a lot of LU’s and was able to buffer his failure. 

What are you guys liking tonight? My initial lineup (tentative) is Roethlisberger, Conner, DJax, Godwin, Jesse James. Might move things around in order to get AB or Juju in there. 

Would you sacrifice Conner for a Pitt WR?

ETA: Actually, thinking of doing two LU’s. One with Roeth as MVP and the other as Fitz as MVP and rostering both QBs with Catanzaro and whatever WR/TE I can afford. 

You seem to be doing well at this dfs stuff.  Why aren't you upping your ante a bit to play on your strengths?

Seems like the gpp cutlines were about 5 points more than the cash games.  Seems like gpp is the way to go until that changes.
1- I don't really do all that well, 1st plus week in NFL. PGA has been keeping me afloat but thats over for a bit

2- whenever I put more money in play than usual either thru more contests or higher stakes I seem to lose everything that week.

What price are the gpps you are playing? The $1and $2 ones I was in this week had cashlines of 132+

1- I don't really do all that well, 1st plus week in NFL. PGA has been keeping me afloat but thats over for a bit

2- whenever I put more money in play than usual either thru more contests or higher stakes I seem to lose everything that week.

What price are the gpps you are playing? The $1and $2 ones I was in this week had cashlines of 132+
I feel the same way! Have a solid week and go a little harder the following week and seemed to, in the past, lose those profits.  Changed it up this year with cash games having seemingly higher lines to pay out and gpp's being a bit lower than i remember. 

Each week, i do as many $1 or $2 single entry GPP's as i can. I enjoy the fact that everyone is on equal grounds with 1 entry. I dont gamble with enough money to put in multiple entries all that much. Even if i did, throwing 50 $1 entries with slight changes seems way less fun and way too monotonous for me. 

I will usually enter 2 or 3 of the .25 GPPS with 4 lineups each maxing between $2-3. This lets me get a little wild with my lineup construction. Running things i wouldn't have the balls to put into one of the single entries. Longshots to win of course, but feasible. I've made an extra 5-10 bucks off those this year. 

I've stayed away from the 50/50's and double ups. The triple ups seem to have very similar cut lines, so i've been doing those instead this year. 

I've also been throwing maybe 10 bucks between $1 and $2 20 and 100 man tourneys. Using slightly safer versions of my single entry GPP lineups. Thats where i've done the best this year. 

Definitely not crushing it, but this is the first year i've done better than breaking even or slight loss in the first 3 weeks. Gone from 70 to 125. Im sure i lose everything i enter into week 4 now that i've made this post. 

Small gpps and the Sunday millyMilly

Frustrating week, thanks mostly to the shocker in Minnesota, but after taking a day to cool off and look at the numbers, I feel better.  Had a lot of good plays,but some real stinkers.  I was almost 100% Latavius Murray, 40% Blake Bortles, and 50/50 between Vikings and Cowboys on D.   Even with those duds, I was $20 in, $16.70 out for the week.   Basically, my Bortles LUs lost, but my Watson+Fuller and Cam LUs cashed.

I will echo what others here are saying.  At the $1 - $2 level I play, cash games seem to have become harder than GPPs.    For now, I'm going to quit the large 50/50s and double ups I traditionally enter, in favor of more single entry $1 and $2 gpps.

I've historically been afraid to enter H2Hs, afraid of swimming with the sharks.  However, this year I've dipped my toe into H2Hs, and the water is just fine.  

Oddly, my biggest winners recently have been the week one Sunday Million entries I threw in on a lark.

Seems like I obsess for hours over my cash LUs which go on to miss the cash lines, while the GPP LUs I come up with off the cuff post a better return.  Maybe I need to go back to the basics of what makes a good cash or GPP play, or just quit worrying about the difference?   :shrug:

I've historically been afraid to enter H2Hs, afraid of swimming with the sharks.  However, this year I've dipped my toe into H2Hs, and the water is just fine.  
I've done OK with them too.  I don't post contests myself, I just try to make sure I am not running into the same person when I enter the contests.  

Nobody ......... I mean, absolutely nobody saw that one coming. Wonder how many survivor contestants went down on this one?

One GPP LU with Ryan & Ridley saved my day and put me up about $3-$4 for the day. 
I'm in the FanDuel survivor and they list how many people chose each team that week.  There was slightly more than 138,000 people heading into week 3 and more than 75,000 picked Minnesota.  I got an email earlier that said 75% got knocked out last week.  I survived with Chicago.  Going Chargers against C.J. Beathard this week...

Users who are viewing this thread