What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** MARK WALTON Thread....Miami RB (1 Viewer)

Looking more-and-more like Conner may not not play giving Jaylen Samuels a clear path to starter touches.

I'll take Samuels over Walton in that scenario.

Looking more-and-more like Conner may not not play giving Jaylen Samuels a clear path to starter touches.

I'll take Samuels over Walton in that scenario.
Same. PIT can run the ball & Samuels May even get a few wildcat snaps in. 

as a former Ronnie Brown owner, I cannot properly express how much fun it is when your RB throws a TD 

Sony is one of the prime candidates I would consider benching for him because he is just as much a risk to go 14 carries for 45 yards with no catches.
The trouble there is that Walton doesn’t get GL carries, Ballage does. 

and Sony does. so that could be a game where Sony gets those 45 yards & 2 TDs. 

the chances of mIami giving Walton getting that sort of production seems slim. 

in a coin flip I usually go with the better team / offense. Sony should have more touches. 

The trouble there is that Walton doesn’t get GL carries, Ballage does. 

and Sony does. so that could be a game where Sony gets those 45 yards & 2 TDs. 

the chances of mIami giving Walton getting that sort of production seems slim. 

in a coin flip I usually go with the better team / offense. Sony should have more touches. 
Sony gets the goaline carries and Walton gets the passing down work so they kind of cancel out in that respect.  Walton could have that 14-45 rushing but another 5-43 receiving as easily as Sony could have those TDs.  It's kind of a toss-up to me and if anything Walton may have the better floor.

Sony gets the goaline carries and Walton gets the passing down work so they kind of cancel out in that respect.  Walton could have that 14-45 rushing but another 5-43 receiving as easily as Sony could have those TDs.  It's kind of a toss-up to me and if anything Walton may have the better floor.
Was at the Steelers/Dolphins game this week - Walton was in on a few goal line downs (including the TD passes to Albert Wilson and helping push Allen Hurns in the end zone)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Walton compiled 29 yards on 12 carries while securing three catches for 12 yards on four targets Sunday in the Dolphins’ Week 9 win over the Jets.

Walton broke off off a 14-yard scamper for his longest run of the day early in the third quarter but was otherwise held in check. He's been operating as the Dolphins' clear workhorse, out-touching fellow sophomore Kalen Ballage in two games since Kenyan Drake's trade to Arizona. Still, Walton has yet to score a touchdown in his 21 NFL appearances and probably won't see a ton of scoring opportunities down the stretch while playing for one of the league's worst offenses. Walton gets the Colts in Indy next week.

Nov 3, 2019, 5:47 PM ET

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe reports Dolphins RB Mark Walton has been suspended four games for violating NFL conduct and substance abuse policy.

Walton has worked as the Dolphins' featured RB ever since the team traded Kenyan Drake to the Cardinals. Miami is expected to move forward with *throws up in mouth* Kalen Ballage as their three-down back. It certainly wouldn't be surprising if they add to the position in free agency. The Dolphins could also utilize backup RBs Patrick Laird or Myles Gaskin, although neither has a touch this season.

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter.

Nov 4, 2019, 4:59 PM ET

Suspended the next four games for violating substance abuse policy. 
Conduct AND substance abuse policy (Maryjane). The Dolphins knew about this when he signed with him. He only signed for 1 year, so he could be competing for a job next year, maybe in Miami, if the Dolphins sign him to an extension.  He's shown flashes as a tough slippery, under-sized between the tackles runner, who can catch. 

His offenses in Jan, Feb and March of this year include:

• Misdemeanor marijuana possession
  • Misdemeanor battery resulting from a parking garage scuffle
  • Felony charges of carrying a concealed weapon, marijuana possession and careless driving after a high-speed chase. He was tased, but somehow dislodged the electrodes and ran away. He's tough.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article228798829.html

Kind of a spiteful move by the NFL to wait until right after he gets the starting job to go ahead and hand down the suspension.

Conduct AND substance abuse policy (Maryjane). The Dolphins knew about this when he signed with him. He only signed for 1 year, so he could be competing for a job next year, maybe in Miami, if the Dolphins sign him to an extension.  He's shown flashes as a tough slippery, under-sized between the tackles runner, who can catch. 

His offenses in Jan, Feb and March of this year include:

• Misdemeanor marijuana possession
  • Misdemeanor battery resulting from a parking garage scuffle
  • Felony charges of carrying a concealed weapon, marijuana possession and careless driving after a high-speed chase. He was tased, but somehow dislodged the electrodes and ran away. He's tough.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article228798829.html
Weed is not working for him.

Dolphins waived RB Mark Walton.

"We were made aware of a police matter earlier this morning regarding Walton," GM Chris Grier released in a statement. "We hold our players to a high standard and take these matters very seriously. We will have no further comment at this time." Walton's currently suspended until Week 14 for violating the league's personal conduct policy stemming from his three offseason arrests. Already with four blemishes on his young resume, it'll be surprising if Walton latches on elsewhere anytime soon. Kalen Ballage will continue falling down as Miami's lead back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hegone.

Heading into 2020, does Laird or Gaskin have the edge to start for Miami?   We know it won't be Ballage.  They probably draft someone, but if you were going to speculatively add one of Laird or Gaskin to stash, who is it?

Hegone.

Heading into 2020, does Laird or Gaskin have the edge to start for Miami?   We know it won't be Ballage.  They probably draft someone, but if you were going to speculatively add one of Laird or Gaskin to stash, who is it?
my best guess is none of the above.

Users who are viewing this thread